Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #961  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yahooo with 55 min to spare I just completed my 30th page!! I am loving this goal plan! I really need to go to the store and print some more photos so I have something to scrap next month!

I did not finish my goal of 10 Christmas cards as I made 8, but I will pull the X mas stuff out this week and ʼplanʼ to do 12 - I do not have 120 people to send them to so itʼs not a huge deal!

Congratulations ladies, it seems we are all more productive and motivated thanks to sharing our goals!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #962  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

waaah i'm way off my goal!! still trying to organize the craft room, plus i had a last minute order for a knitted scarf and my cousin needed my help with her wedding invites so i kinda got sidetracked!!

february is a HUGELY busy month for me, but hopefully i can catch up somewhere in march!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #963  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
waaah i'm way off my goal!! still trying to organize the craft room, plus i had a last minute order for a knitted scarf and my cousin needed my help with her wedding invites so i kinda got sidetracked!!

february is a HUGELY busy month for me, but hopefully i can catch up somewhere in march!!
Shake it off! Don't dwell on what you didn't get done b/c it may hold you back this month. I just plug ahead and if I have extra time at the end of the month, I go back and try to finish what I didn't get done the month before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:02 AM   #964  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
Did you know that even some seasonings, like Taco Seasoning, have wheat in them? Old El Paso doesn't but most others do!
I know! It's crazy what all has wheat in it. I'm totally bumbed b/c my DD LOVES gravy on her potatoes and it has wheat flour in it too :( She won't eat them without it! I am going to a health food store today to look for a wheat free variety and if I have no luck, will order from Amazon. Isn't the internet great :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:19 AM   #965  
Glitter Guru

CONGRATULATIONS!!! to everyone who made goal for January!

I got 4 pages done out of my 10 but not stressing. I spent most of January working on swaps but only have 1 left to do so hoping February is more productive for me. Hey, I'll have lots and lots of swaps to use!

Off to subscribe to February.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:21 AM   #966  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
I know! It's crazy what all has wheat in it. I'm totally bumbed b/c my DD LOVES gravy on her potatoes and it has wheat flour in it too :( She won't eat them without it! I am going to a health food store today to look for a wheat free variety and if I have no luck, will order from Amazon. Isn't the internet great :rolleyes:
My SIL has ciliac disease which means she is gluten intolerant so she can't have wheat either. My step-mother makes a lot of recipes for her (I think SIL's arms are broken - not really sure but she seems not to do much for herself - sorry side track venting). SM says she uses cornstarch instead of flour in gravy. She also uses rice flour when baking for SIL (no the rest of us are not allowed to touch SIL's food when we get together - we're told that's for SIL - sorry I did it again). SM buys much of her supplies at stores like Whole Foods, Fresh Market & even the Amish store has gluten free items. SIL told me that some of the regular stores are beginning to carry gluten free cake mixes & things like that. Also as another thing you can't buy - canned soups like the cream-of's. They have wheat in many of them as well. & KFC's chicken, the one that isn't fried also has wheat per SIL. I'm sure there are books at the health food store that will tell you how to cook without the wheat. As you can see it can be difficult cooking special just for one - so I guess what I'm saying is don't just cook like that for the one child go ahead and fix for everyone. They might fuss to begin with but in the end it will be OK. Also cook fresh - that keeps all the ingredients left up to you. You can cook big pots of whatever ahead of time and freeze the rest so you already have quick meals. SM also made bread in a bread machine too. Just my 2 cents multiplied.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #967  
Die Cut Diva

I need to make 100 birth announcements/thank you cards for our DS and DIL this month. With that being my priority, I'll hopefully make my February goal of 10 pages too. I'm feeling so good about my scrapping this month. Didn't do much last year, so this feels wonderful.

Congrats to all that blew all their goals out of the water last month (I managed 47 myself with a goal of only 10).
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #968  
Matboard Maniac

Hi ladies! Thanks for all of the love that has bent sent my way! I was able to complete 11 out of my 20 page goal over that last four days. I'm happy with that considering all that has gone on this month. I'm hoping to get a few more completed today. ll try to upload some but this computer that I'm using is a bit ancient. I'm lucky just to have internet access. I did enjoy looking through the gallery at everyone's Jan pages - GREAT GOING!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #969  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoniView Post
My SIL has ciliac disease which means she is gluten intolerant so she can't have wheat either. My step-mother makes a lot of recipes for her (I think SIL's arms are broken - not really sure but she seems not to do much for herself - sorry side track venting). SM says she uses cornstarch instead of flour in gravy. She also uses rice flour when baking for SIL (no the rest of us are not allowed to touch SIL's food when we get together - we're told that's for SIL - sorry I did it again). SM buys much of her supplies at stores like Whole Foods, Fresh Market & even the Amish store has gluten free items. SIL told me that some of the regular stores are beginning to carry gluten free cake mixes & things like that. Also as another thing you can't buy - canned soups like the cream-of's. They have wheat in many of them as well. & KFC's chicken, the one that isn't fried also has wheat per SIL. I'm sure there are books at the health food store that will tell you how to cook without the wheat. As you can see it can be difficult cooking special just for one - so I guess what I'm saying is don't just cook like that for the one child go ahead and fix for everyone. They might fuss to begin with but in the end it will be OK. Also cook fresh - that keeps all the ingredients left up to you. You can cook big pots of whatever ahead of time and freeze the rest so you already have quick meals. SM also made bread in a bread machine too. Just my 2 cents multiplied.;)
Thanks for the tips, Donna! Lucky for me, I only have 1 child, so I def. will be forcing this on my husband as well (insert evil laugh here). Went to the local health food store and found a bunch of bread, pizza, and mac n cheese. Will be making her a grilled cheese sandwhich today - its been a week since she's had bread!! :mrgreen: I'm excited to see her reaction. She tried some wheat free waffles this morning and I think she liked them better than the reg ones. I tried them and they were delish! Sorry about your SIL - maybe you should tell your SM that you would like to try some of her food to see what it tastes like (esp. if it smells yummy!). haha. I know I will be telling ppl that her food is off limits (like her bread and special pizzas) b/c it is just soo expensive! But if I make a bunch of something, I don't mind sharing as long as I'm not going to freeze it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #970  
Hardware Hotshot

Here are three that I took pictures of, including the one for 52WK20104.

How She Loves Thee! Rain

Be Merry '09

tfl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #971  
Hardware Hotshot

Forgot to take a picture of this one. I thought there was a challenge to scrapbook something funny your kid says/mispronounces, but I must've saw it in a magazine *doh*

Digging for 'Grugs'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #972  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
Shake it off! Don't dwell on what you didn't get done b/c it may hold you back this month. I just plug ahead and if I have extra time at the end of the month, I go back and try to finish what I didn't get done the month before.
thanks liz... i definitely know what you mean!! as long as i'm caught up by the end of the year that's all that matters, right??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 04:52 AM   #973  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi, My final count for Jan.2010
12x12's=27
8x8's=3
JYC(8x8's)=15
Grand total pages completed in Jan.2010=45

2010 Scrap, stamp,album( all things altered).here starting @post#91
cards=25
mini's=4
altered items=6
tfl.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #974  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamcanView Post
Hi, My final count for Jan.2010
12x12's=27
8x8's=3
JYC(8x8's)=15
Grand total pages completed in Jan.2010=45

2010 Scrap, stamp,album( all things altered).here starting @post#91
cards=25
mini's=4
altered items=6
tfl.
Wow! Way to go...you rocked it this month!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #975  
Matboard Maniac

Are a lot of people changing /altering their goals - I had planned to do 300 this year, so I did 30 last month and my plan was to do 25 this month...but I have a full weekend crop to go to and last time (be it I was super organize) I did 14 pages during it....

Perhaps after rambling I will shoot for 25 and if I get 30 done then hooray me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #976  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinTeacherView Post
Are a lot of people changing /altering their goals - I had planned to do 300 this year, so I did 30 last month and my plan was to do 25 this month...but I have a full weekend crop to go to and last time (be it I was super organize) I did 14 pages during it....

Perhaps after rambling I will shoot for 25 and if I get 30 done then hooray me!
not sure if you are aware or not Natalie, and I apologize if you are aware, we have moved our chat over to the February thread. You can find us here at
Scrappin' February
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #977  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
not sure if you are aware or not Natalie, and I apologize if you are aware, we have moved our chat over to the February thread. You can find us here at
Scrappin' February
Can you please attach the thread to the Scrappin February thread.:confused:

I'm still having to sub without goals but come the middle of March I should be able to make some goals so I can meet them.:rolleyes:

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #978  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is the February Thread Donna:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #979  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee3357View Post
Here is the February Thread Donna:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks - going there now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 AM   #980  
Die Cut Diva

So sorry, I thought I had -- late at night, I'm not quite as bright ;)
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #981  
Die Cut Diva

SCS removed by page for the Word Inspiration Challenge as it showed up as a duplicate post. So I'm going to repost it here:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #982  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default some more january pages

here are some pics I can't seem to upload
Attached Thumbnails
2010 January Scrap Goal - SBC10Jan-p1310794.jpg   2010 January Scrap Goal - SBC10Jan-p1310797.jpg  
http://stampwithtara.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #983  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by taratravisView Post
here are some pics I can't seem to upload
Great pages -- I like the glittery alpha and butterfly, and the pics in the second one are fun!!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 02:34 AM   #984  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks! I think I'm changing the button on the scallop flower to include glitter...we'll see
http://stampwithtara.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #985  
Die Cut Diva

I completed 8 in Jan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #986  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to Scrapyellow
Default Jan goals

LMN, just want to say thanks for having this challenge. B/C I hate to commit to something and not follow through, I knew this would be a great challenge to join and force me to get some scrappin' done! My goal was 10 and I completed 11. I can't remember the last time I did 11 pages in one month!

Thanks!

Nicole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #987  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapyellowView Post
LMN, just want to say thanks for having this challenge. B/C I hate to commit to something and not follow through, I knew this would be a great challenge to join and force me to get some scrappin' done! My goal was 10 and I completed 11. I can't remember the last time I did 11 pages in one month!

Thanks!

Nicole
Way to go Nicole! Congrats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #988  
Die Cut Diva

I am going to try and upload this page one more time. This is the page that I did for my Word Inspiration Challenge by Lmn (Lela). My word was Cherish. I used it on my page of our brandnew grandson.

SCS keeps deleting this page, saying it is a duplicate. It was never a duplicate until they removed it. I have changed the title 4 times. If they delete it again, I'll figure they just don't want to see him ;)
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #989  
Inking Addict

I didn't get these loaded by the end of the month but they were actually completed in January. Unfortunately I didn't meet my goal (what a poor start to the year) but 5 out of 6 ain't bad. I'm not happy with the pages at all but at least they are done! If anyone has suggestions on ways to improve the pages, please speak up!!!

Christmas kids, p1 by scrapalotshelley at Splitcoaststampers
Christmas kids, p2 by scrapalotshelley at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes