Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #3801  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Out of curiosity...do you all still have snow on the ground in AA? I was amazed that I could see grass down there last week. Since we have little patches of green stuff peaking out in places now I figured yours might be gone by now. Oh, and it is no longer snow, more like a snow cone consistency....how do I know? I walked out in it today to hang home made pretzel bird feeders on our crab apple tree.
Lots of it is gone. My front yard is 2/3 grass. But, the back yard, is still about 6" of that snow cone textured stuff, all over the back yard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #3802  
Crimping Master

so i am babysitting which includes a 8 year old boy and a 5 year old girl...all I can say is God knew what he was doing giving me girls LOL this boy has about 300 times the energy my girls has and I did not think anyone could be mouthier than Autumn LOL I was wrong
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #3803  
Die Cut Diva

Default Organized -- yeah caous!

Stacy;

Yeah, fun -- umm, DH came home and asked me what the heck... then when I showed him all the piles of wood and clear clam shells he just rolled his eyes and mumbled something about hoping dinner was about ready.

Don't worry it was almost done. Took a break to eat (yummy steak with mixed veggies and potatoe salad) and back to work.

Oh trust me, my small area of the basment is a crappy mess. Hopefully I can devote some time over the next few days to finish up the SU unmounting.

Need to work on a birthday card for a neighbor and do some other odd stamping.

Have a great night! Thanks everyone for the compliments on the card!

Last edited by ms.rhetta; 03-02-2010 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: wrong quote
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #3804  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Love the frog and the card is so cute Loretta.
Hope all is well with everyone and remember....NO SOLIDIFIED PRECIPITATION. O
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I am throwing these at you Kimme, can you feel them? Let's get the hog...
Thanks Jane! I love the google eyes on my bunny frog. So cute.

I'm organizing a search and kill party for that darned ground hog, wanna join me? Bring chocolate! teehee!

Hugs,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #3805  
Crimping Master

I dont know my mess may top your mess LOL I hope it goes well for you! I just keep thinking about the end result when I look at my oh so messy room!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #3806  
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning looks like a good day to stay home and stamp. I'm got a few things on my need to stamp list for today.

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 03:56 AM   #3807  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I'm in

Yeah Loretta, I'm game to go shoot the fat one......I want some sunshine and greening. Need the Irish luck to get through March.
Morning all......... (she said with a big yawn)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #3808  
Forum Fanatic

Received 160 Likes on 138 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Good Morning looks like a good day to stay home and stamp. I'm got a few things on my need to stamp list for today.

Have a great day everyone!
Good Morning! I sure wish I could stay home and stamp today! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #3809  
Crimping Master

Morning All....What a lovely day (ducking)...actually I do like rainy days, must be my inner floridian who is used to it raining every single day lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will pop in later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 04:53 AM   #3810  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls! Cherie, got your list and will get them in the mail to you this week.

Hope everyone has a great day! No stamping for me either...just work.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 04:53 AM   #3811  
Gabfest Goddess

Loved this layout DM! This is what I came up with hope you all like it. Off to clean up my desk and stamp some more but hey it's not even 9am and I already have a card made. It's going to be a good stamp day!:mrgreen:
Attached Thumbnails
MD * Maryland Anyone........?III-img_3044.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 04:54 AM   #3812  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincessView Post
Out of curiosity...do you all still have snow on the ground in AA? I was amazed that I could see grass down there last week. Since we have little patches of green stuff peaking out in places now I figured yours might be gone by now. Oh, and it is no longer snow, more like a snow cone consistency....how do I know? I walked out in it today to hang home made pretzel bird feeders on our crab apple tree.

We have a little snow left in the yard, but I can see more grass and mud daily. And I do have daffodils popping out of the ground, so that makes me relish spring coming.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 AM   #3813  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
We have a little snow left in the yard, but I can see more grass and mud daily. And I do have daffodils popping out of the ground, so that makes me relish spring coming.
I just noticed that mine are about 2" out of the ground! Spring is on the way ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:07 AM   #3814  
Rubber Obsessor

I can't WAIT for Spring.. I need it now!!!!

�Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.�
- Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #3815  
Pearl-ExPert

Whew: talk about dodging a bullet.

John calls me about 8 this morning, saying he's stuck in traffic cuz there were two accidents in the Downtown Tunnel( Norfolk) so everyone was being diverted to the Mid town Tunnel. anyone who has EVER lived in Hampton Roads knows the EVIL that is the Tunnel.. either /both of them. on their best days( no accidents ) it makes the Loops look like your neighborhood dead end street.

he's over an hour away from the airport at this time distance wise, traffic is at a dead stop and has been for half an hour.. and his flight.. is at 10.

he calls me at 9 barely able to speak he was running so hard apparently.. he is at the airport so it looks like he may have made it after all. he told me not to ask what his average speed limit was, though....:rolleyes: he won't call until he gets to Seattle later this afternoon, Dulles charges him roaming the basterds.

Any spring flowers I have are still buried under a 4 foot high mountain of snow. I hate being on the side of the street that doesn't get sun until like June.... I sure hope those 50 degree temps we are supposed to get over the next week or so help matters.

I have to go to the post office this week, or early next. have to mail in the plates to DMV to get a refund on the registration plus someone who shall remain nameless but just moved to Okinawa for two years without his spouse forgot something. luckily it is small and can easily be mailed but he does need it ASAP.

Oh Jeaneen: REFUND!!!! being deposited tomorrow and available Friday.

now shall I continue in my quest to switch all my clears over to storage boxes, just fiddle fart around making random cards , or wallow in self pity watching DVR and eating Mint Milano cookies....:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #3816  
Mad Swapper

Good morning.

Love your card Amanda.

Sadie update - She's a sweetie & is learning not to chew on everything & not to mouth & chase feet. It takes a lot of time & effort to train her but I know it will pay off later.

She's sleeping now so I'd better get a few things done. Just like having a baby!

Check in later.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 AM   #3817  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post

John calls me about 8 this morning, saying he's stuck in traffic cuz there were two accidents in the Downtown Tunnel( Norfolk) so everyone was being diverted to the Mid town Tunnel. anyone who has EVER lived in Hampton Roads knows the EVIL that is the Tunnel.. either /both of them. on their best days( no accidents ) it makes the Loops look like your neighborhood dead end street.

he's over an hour away from the airport at this time distance wise, traffic is at a dead stop and has been for half an hour.. and his flight.. is at 10.

he calls me at 9 barely able to speak he was running so hard apparently.. he is at the airport so it looks like he may have made it after all. he told me not to ask what his average speed limit was, though....:rolleyes: he won't call until he gets to Seattle later this afternoon, Dulles charges him roaming the basterds.

Any spring flowers I have are still buried under a 4 foot high mountain of snow. I hate being on the side of the street that doesn't get sun until like June.... I sure hope those 50 degree temps we are supposed to get over the next week or so help matters.

I have to go to the post office this week, or early next. have to mail in the plates to DMV to get a refund on the registration plus someone who shall remain nameless but just moved to Okinawa for two years without his spouse forgot something. luckily it is small and can easily be mailed but he does need it ASAP.

now shall I continue in my quest to switch all my clears over to storage boxes, just fiddle fart around making random cards , or wallow in self pity watching DVR and eating Mint Milano cookies....:confused:
oh goodness he is lucky he made it....Lived in hampton for 5 years and it is a nightmare at those tunnels! I used to laugh when mapquest would say 45 minutes to go like 10 miles away...I learned quick why!

do you have a blow torch? I was wondering the other day how many that own them were out in their yards trying to burn down the snow LOL random crazy Stacy thought for the day

Good luck with the stamps! if you get bored let me know I have a ton that I could let you work with =0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:46 AM   #3818  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Oh definitely eat the Mint Milano cookies no matter what else you decide to do! Yummy!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #3819  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Good morning.

Love your card Amanda.

Sadie update - She's a sweetie & is learning not to chew on everything & not to mouth & chase feet. It takes a lot of time & effort to train her but I know it will pay off later.

She's sleeping now so I'd better get a few things done. Just like having a baby!

Check in later.
hey Paula, would you like a pair of ex slippers for her? John left them behind as they were all ratty and stuff. sheepskin, ,lined, pre destroyed by my SiL's lab. they were less than a week old when Meteor got a hold of them and tore out the stitching heheheh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #3820  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Loved this layout DM! This is what I came up with hope you all like it. Off to clean up my desk and stamp some more but hey it's not even 9am and I already have a card made. It's going to be a good stamp day!:mrgreen:
Very pretty, Amanda!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #3821  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98View Post
Loretta, thank you for the super cute card!! Made me smile.
Good morning everyone!

You're welcome Cherie, sorry it took so long to get to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #3822  
Die Cut Diva

Default Very pretty Amanda

Quote:

Wow love pink and brown together, fun card -- love how you used the sketch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #3823  
Gabfest Goddess

Wheew! I've started cutting for my class on the 20th. Glad I'm starting early OMgoodness I have lots of cutting to do! The class is full I'm out of seating space. 9 + me is it until I get a bigger house and that's not going to happen until DH is out of the Mil. lol

It's going to be a fun day. I'm going to do Grilled chicken and potato salad. So bring whatever you want to go with that. I'll also have Diet Soda, bottled water, Juice. So if you need something other than that please bring it along.
Thanks Ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #3824  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks Ladies! The card is a little busy for me but it works with the gift set I made. I'll post pics on my blog in next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #3825  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Super cute card Amanda!

Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #3826  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

This is gorgeous Amanda! I love those colors together! Hopefully I will get to stamp when I get home this evening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #3827  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
I noticed that we have some popping up in our backyard on Sunday! That means spring is on the way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #3828  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Wow, glad he made it in time!!! Our front yard is like yours DM, doesn't get sun until late afternoon and there is one spot that is blocked by the camper and that's where the huge mound of snow is! Maybe it will be gone by July if we're lucky!

I would definitely be eating those cookies while watching DVR and stamping at the same time! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #3829  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Good morning.

Love your card Amanda.

Check in later.
Awww.... she's a smart little puppy! I can't wait to see her!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #3830  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
oh goodness he is lucky he made it....Lived in hampton for 5 years and it is a nightmare at those tunnels! I used to laugh when mapquest would say 45 minutes to go like 10 miles away...I learned quick why!

do you have a blow torch? I was wondering the other day how many that own them were out in their yards trying to burn down the snow LOL random crazy Stacy thought for the day

Good luck with the stamps! if you get bored let me know I have a ton that I could let you work with =0)
Don't laugh Stacy, my neighbor across the street was thinking about doing that the first day after the first big storm! She asked my dh if he had one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #3831  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Wheew! I've started cutting for my class on the 20th. Glad I'm starting early OMgoodness I have lots of cutting to do! The class is full I'm out of seating space. 9 + me is it until I get a bigger house and that's not going to happen until DH is out of the Mil. lol

It's going to be a fun day. I'm going to do Grilled chicken and potato salad. So bring whatever you want to go with that. I'll also have Diet Soda, bottled water, Juice. So if you need something other than that please bring it along.
Thanks Ladies!
I can't wait, this is going to be so much fun!!!! Do you need another BIA? I just got one (and of course haven't used that yet either) so if it would speed things up to have more than one I can bring mine. I'll bring a veggie tray to go along with lunch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #3832  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Don't laugh Stacy, my neighbor across the street was thinking about doing that the first day after the first big storm! She asked my dh if he had one!
LOL you know someone out there did it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #3833  
Forum Fanatic

Has anyone had basic cell carcinoma? I just went to my dr. yesterday for a physical and she looked at the spot that appeared on my nose a few months ago and said it looked like basil cell (which fortunately is the lesser of the skin cancer evils). She said it needs to come off right away so I have an appt. on 3/23 with an oncology dermatologist to have it looked at and dealt with. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this and what to expect in the way of removal? This is what I get for all those years of baking in the sun! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #3834  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77View Post
LOL you know someone out there did it
My neighbor is crazy enough to do it if she could have gotten her hands on a blow torch at that moment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #3835  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks Ladies!
Amanda, what time are we to be at your house?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #3836  
Die Cut Diva

Kathi;

DO you know if we are getting BRAK Assignments this month? We usually have them by now. If its posted, will you PM Me the thread so I can get started?

The UM process continues. I have bunches of wood and clam shell cases to share. Just let me know if you'd like some.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #3837  
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't think about the blow torch....but you know those big heaters they have at the gates so the guards aren't too cold? Yeah, DH has a few of those and I was tempted to turn one on to get to the pavement in the driveway.

Have you seen this: http://www.snowdragonmelters.com/

They had them doing some snow removal in Balto and the guys that were here were from Canada. They interviewed them during the USA v Canada hockey game.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #3838  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Good afternoon ladies. Amanda, I love your card. I still haven't managed one and don't know when I will. This is already shaping up to be a difficult vote again. I love it, one layout so many different cards that look NOTHING alike.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #3839  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Has anyone had basic cell carcinoma? I just went to my dr. yesterday for a physical and she looked at the spot that appeared on my nose a few months ago and said it looked like basil cell (which fortunately is the lesser of the skin cancer evils). She said it needs to come off right away so I have an appt. on 3/23 with an oncology dermatologist to have it looked at and dealt with. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this and what to expect in the way of removal? This is what I get for all those years of baking in the sun! :(

my father gets this every year. seriously. but it's because of what he did for a living, not any wild and crazy living( man has never had a sun tan in his life.. he looks at a picture of a sun and he burns).

he always said it was simple and no real discomfort or redness afterward. I dunno... he never started getting them til long after I moved far far away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #3840  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Amanda, what time are we to be at your house?
I think I said 9am in the first post but I think if everyone gets here around 9:30 we should be able to start around 10:00. So 9:30 is good!
Reply With Quote Likes