Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so fortunate in that I've never had a bad experience at the Houston (Katy) store! I usually make the Archiver's/Hobby Lobby/Joann's circuit in that outlying area at least once a month, armed and dangerous with coupons. I do limit what I get to coupons and agree that you now have to buy paper to get the free paper. Couple that with my SU addiction....not nearly enough money or time to go around, but such fun overall!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am from Canada and last April when I went down to the Adventures in Stamping convention in Akron, Ohio I visited an Archivers in the area. With coupons in hand I went into the store, saw the prices and turned around and walked out without buying a thing. I then drove to Pat Catans (that was fun and I came out with bagfulls wondering how I was going to get it across the border). I could not believe Archivers could still be in business with prices as high as they were.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #43  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmamichelfView Post
I loved that store. The people were always friendly and helpful until this past Saturday.

I went in there and was looking for the Tim Holtz stuff. Two months ago they had a special section with all his stuff in the area. I also looked to see if they had the new brights and lights alcohol inks as well. So when I walked around, didn't find what I was looking for, I asked one of the ladies there.

She huffed at me! As if I were disturbing her walking sleep experience or something. Whatever. Then she said what's left of the alcohol inks are in the clearance rack because we aren't going to carry them anymore. And we don't have any Tim Holtz stuff. You must be mistaken that you saw them in here. Then she walked off.

Ok, look I know I'm 57 and everything...but I ain't blind nor am I stupid. Matter of fact the manager is the one who showed me the Tim Holtz area and was all excited, said they were working on getting him to come out and do workshop. So I know, for a fact, they had the stuff there.

Anyhow, that manager is no longer there. She must have been too nice and have really great customer service skills so she's gone. And the other ladies are just plain rude now. I asked this woman for a manager and she said her manager was too busy to come out there right now because she was teaching a class with children.

So I'm not going back. And I sent a letter of complaint to the head office.
Just checking back to see if you've gotten a response to your letter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 05:45 AM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wouldn't write off Archiver's completely. The one that I shop at in Cedar Park, TX still has very friendly and helpful people working there. Maybe your just needs to get an overhaul of employees.

I suppose we should also stop to wonder what may have happened to the woman that day, to make her act so rudely. Go in again for another reason and see if anything has changed. We should all get the benefit of the doubt at least once in our lifetime.

I do agree that Archiver's prices are mostly pretty ridiculous and only buy either with a coupon or from their Hot Spot area. They're a good place to find specialty items that you cannot find elsewhere.

A good example of what 'is' a good deal are their "Adornments fibers". They sell them for $1.99 in the Hot Spots. Michael's and Joann's sell the same exact thing for $6.99.

Last edited by giasiana; 07-21-2009 at 05:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

I go to the Archivers in Greenwood, Indiana and their staff is awesome! So sorry that you had a bad experience....maybe her world was coming to an end that day! Our used to carry Tim Holtz also, but not sure why they would discontinue it....that part IS a bummer. Come on over to Indiana, honey! We have a lot of great stores and friendly people!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftjunkiescView Post
Just checking back to see if you've gotten a response to your letter.
I haven't heard a word from them. I don't expect to hear anything. It's like any other thing that gets complained about unless enough people make a loud noise. But at least I said something.

My computer died at home so I can only get on here from work and that's not very often that I catch a break to come in here and peek around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Just went to the Archiver's in Mason, OH and had wonderful, cheerful help from two employees. Was greeted within seconds of walking in the store. Tough part was I had my son with me and complex didn't have a store to hold his interest -- needless to say it was a relatively short timeframe to shop within!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

I used to go to Archivers every month or so when I was in the area by the store and use the free paper coupons and get lured into buying other things as well. Now they no longer send me free coupons, it's buy three sheets, get three free. I usually don't buy paper as I have so much of it on hand.

Two local stores went out of business after Archiver's came to town and I really miss them.

Archivers is having a chain wide crafting with kids event in August. I think it is around the 11th and 12th. The chain will be surprised to learn those are the exact dates school stsrts around here, the only kids they'll get may be home schoolers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #49  
Kookie Creator

I am sorry to hear of peoples bad experiences at Archivers. I shop at the Archivers in Algonquin, Illinois on a weekly basis and have never had a bad experience. The people who work there are always friendly and very helpful, they always tell me what has come in during the week, inform me of the classes that they have going on( I have taken many classes there and loved every one of them). If they have a new product that has come in they are always willing to demonstrate it for me. The people there go out of their way to make crafting a good experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #50  
Mad Swapper

I too shop at the one in Cedar Park, TX and it has fabulous employees!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #51  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at archiver's, but I do wonder about your rant re: the manager being busy.

Was she supposed to stop teaching the class right then and there to come address your problem? That doesn't seem fair to her students, kwim? I'm sure a large part of the issue was the sales clerk's attitude, but it does seem that you expected the manager to be immediately available, and she just wasn't.
I think the OP has a valid reason to be upset. I think a manager of a store should be doing just that...managing the store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftjunkiescView Post
Hopefully, your letter to HQ will result in some changes in that store. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. I've written them a half dozen times about opening more stores and have never heard a word back.
I've always had wonderful customer service (someimes on the border of overkill) in both the Archiver's stores at which I shop. I was also looking for Tim Holtz items when I went last month and was disappointed with the lack of selection. I have much better luck finding his and all the Ranger products at the smaller, local stores.
Please let us know if/what you hear from HQ.
I just had to chime in...my mom and I shop at the Archiver's by Great Northern Mall in Ohio and sometimes it seems like we are asked if we need help every time we turn around! It can get to be a bit off-putting especially when it's the same salesperson asking you multiple times. Part of that's just me, though. I just want to shop. If I need help I'll ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhcolemonView Post
I'm so fortunate in that I've never had a bad experience at the Houston (Katy) store! I usually make the Archiver's/Hobby Lobby/Joann's circuit in that outlying area at least once a month, armed and dangerous with coupons. I do limit what I get to coupons and agree that you now have to buy paper to get the free paper. Couple that with my SU addiction....not nearly enough money or time to go around, but such fun overall!

so nice to hear since i used to work there!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
as for the manager teaching a class, you never know what happened but more than likely she HAD to teach the class because the instructor wasn't able to show. managers are not usually teachers. i agree some things are higher priced, that's when the 30% coupons come in to play. and there are some excellent deals in the Hot Spot area ~ i know they get these packs of metal letter stickers for $1.99 that M's sells for $9.99.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Part of the reason I go to Archiver's is the eye-candy - love their displays. Another part is the friendliness of the employees. I actually was shocked the last time I was there. The salesperson was a younger girl - probably early college age - and was a little "cool" - I'd never experienced that at A's. I had to laugh as I left 'cuz I would have been THRILLED if I'd been treated the same way by a sales person in Jo's or Mike's! Now those are places where many of the employees seem to wake up on the wrong side of the bed and are completely devoid of crafting knowledge! :P (Not ALL of 'em, just a too-high percentage!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

nothing beats the fabulous service at my LSS - but my recent weekend visit to the Archivers in Indy was very nice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #56  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at archiver's, but I do wonder about your rant re: the manager being busy.

Was she supposed to stop teaching the class right then and there to come address your problem? That doesn't seem fair to her students, kwim? I'm sure a large part of the issue was the sales clerk's attitude, but it does seem that you expected the manager to be immediately available, and she just wasn't.
Most managers, at least the ones I know at Michaels and the old one at Archivers, didn't teach classes unless an instructor didn't show up. And even then, they were willing, if someone had a question or problem, to have someone else take over for a minute. And while I was a tad not happy that I couldn't talk to the manager, I was more upset with the attitude and rudeness coming from the sales person.

And I won't go back to that store. This was only the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't care to deal with rude people and so I just made my complaint and moved on. What I can't get from HL, Mangelsens and Michaels, I can order online and spend basically the same amount for shipping that I would using my car to drive across town to go to a store whose prices are a little higher and they no longer carry what I want and/or need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra BusseView Post
I am sorry to hear of peoples bad experiences at Archivers. I shop at the Archivers in Algonquin, Illinois on a weekly basis and have never had a bad experience. The people who work there are always friendly and very helpful, they always tell me what has come in during the week, inform me of the classes that they have going on( I have taken many classes there and loved every one of them). If they have a new product that has come in they are always willing to demonstrate it for me. The people there go out of their way to make crafting a good experience.
I visited this store last Friday while on vacation in the area and loved it! I had never been to an Archivers before and was really impressed with the help I received from Bonnie (I think). I agree that their prices are on the high side but I scored big in the $1.99 area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #58  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

I do think they're pricey, but I had a coupon for $10 off a $40 order, so I wanted to stop at the Kansas City store (the south one?) And my miserable crank of a husband insisted I only had 15 minutes!!! Grrr!!! They had a ton of 75% off stuff, newly marked down, and they let me use the coupon, too. I could throttle Mr. Wonderful- just wait until he has something he wants to do while we're away. Harumph!!! (Seriously, I made it in 15 minutes, and bought a whole bunch of great things, I just would have made more reasoned decisions If he'd given me a little more time.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #59  
Inking Addict

Default Sorry for your bad experience

I read this thread and didn't realize you were talking about the Omaha store until you mentioned Village Pointe. I shop there every week and all the women I know that work there are super nice! It's too bad about the rude person you encountered. I do only buy things from the Hot Spot or with coupons (tfs to everyone who posts theirs here!) but that makes things very reasonable I think. I appreciate the displays and I've enjoyed classes I've gone to also. On occaision I've asked for help only to realize I know more than the sales associate but then I just laugh and think, "if only I worked here!";)
I agree about the kids themed events too - don't think it will fill up too fast here with all the kids back to school so early.

The one place I get consistently bad service is the Jo-Ann's here - it's dirty, disorganized and almost every single employee I've ever encountered was grumpy and very UNhelpful. (Sorry if you work there but I'm talking 20+ visits with maybe 3 positive experiences!) And yet I still go back because you can't beat their sales on DCWV paper packs! Oh well, I'm hopelessly addicted to paper crafting! You did the right thing by writing to corporate - disappointing that you didn't get a response but that's definitely the right way to voice your thoughts!

Try the Council Bluffs Hobby Lobby - that store is SUPER nice and clean and everyone there was VERY helpful when I went one day - and that's a LONG drive for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #60  
Inking Addict

I shop at the Archivers in Louisville KY and I have always had great service. I did run in to a problem that had nothing to do with any thing at that particular store. I emailed the company and within a day they responded, gave me a phone number and resolved the issue immediately. It is too bad that a salesperson was so rude however a phone call to the manager the next day may have been a good way to discuss the issue. This being said does not excuse this behavior but I personally tend to see this more and more in the retail industry in general. On a different note though, I have to wonder about the comments on how Archivers is putting smaller stores out of business if everyone thinks their prices are too high? It seems to me the problem cannot be blamed on Archivers. Just a thought.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

I loved that store. The people were always friendly and helpful until this past Saturday.

I went in there and was looking for the Tim Holtz stuff. Two months ago they had a special section with all his stuff in the area. I also looked to see if they had the new brights and lights alcohol inks as well. So when I walked around, didn't find what I was looking for, I asked one of the ladies there.

She huffed at me! As if I were disturbing her walking sleep experience or something. Whatever. Then she said what's left of the alcohol inks are in the clearance rack because we aren't going to carry them anymore. And we don't have any Tim Holtz stuff. You must be mistaken that you saw them in here. Then she walked off.

Ok, look I know I'm 57 and everything...but I ain't blind nor am I stupid. Matter of fact the manager is the one who showed me the Tim Holtz area and was all excited, said they were working on getting him to come out and do workshop. So I know, for a fact, they had the stuff there.

Anyhow, that manager is no longer there. She must have been too nice and have really great customer service skills so she's gone. And the other ladies are just plain rude now. I asked this woman for a manager and she said her manager was too busy to come out there right now because she was teaching a class with children.

So I'm not going back. And I sent a letter of complaint to the head office.
Hopefully your letter will get her some training and you can go back and enjoy your shopping experience. Go back just to see if she has had an attitude adjustment. With this economy - most places I go the sales people are overly nice (everyone is trying to keep their jobs right now).... you did the right thing. Managers want your business and want to know about bad sales people. Don't let this person keep you from shopping there if you like the store. I hope they send you a bunch of coupons!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

I was in the Archivers in Madison, WI about two weeks ago and I was looking for some DP by Amy Butler with K & Company, only I didn't know it was Amy Butler and I wasn't sure it was K&Company....I just wastn't that familiar with it and said, "I think it's something like K & C and company, etc. They helped me and helped me and helped me way above and beyond. I saw this paper on a card. It has grays, lt. green, pinks, etc. It's lotus tea box paper. I've looked EVERYWHERE and it's very hard to find. I'll have to get it online...Archiver didn't have it either. I'm going to Milwaukee on Wed. Maybe I'll find it there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 07:02 AM   #63  
Kookie Creator

If anyone needs assistance at the Omaha store her name is Deb. She is very nice. I think they are having a hard time keeping and getting people because it seems like there are new people everytime I go. I try to go when there are not a lot of people or a class or something. I usually do not need assistance, but if I do they seem to try. I had a similar experience at another store and called the owner -- it is a very limited market so the smaller guys need to be sure they provide service someone wants. Otherwise everyone will continue to go to Big box stores and all of the smaller shops will be gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #64  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamstamps2View Post
If anyone needs assistance at the Omaha store her name is Deb. She is very nice. I think they are having a hard time keeping and getting people because it seems like there are new people everytime I go. I try to go when there are not a lot of people or a class or something. I usually do not need assistance, but if I do they seem to try. I had a similar experience at another store and called the owner -- it is a very limited market so the smaller guys need to be sure they provide service someone wants. Otherwise everyone will continue to go to Big box stores and all of the smaller shops will be gone.
I haven't been back since I wrote started this thread. Part of the reason is because someone I know opened an LSS nearby. The other part is that Michaels is carrying a lot of stuff I actually like now. But the real reason is that I just am not in the mood anymore to deal with rude people. At 58, I've gotten really tired of trying to be polite when someone's rude to me and being the one who just walks away. Plus it's in West Omaha and with the weather we've had for the best month, it's just a no go for me. Shoot I haven't been to Hobby Lobby either. I've found a great place to shop online lately as well so my needs are met.

Hopefully Deb is working at that store if I ever do go back, but my family knows that once I've made up my mind about a store, I just don't go back again. I've boycotted Blockbuster for almost 20 years but that's a whole different can of worms.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I think the point was the way she answered her saying she was too busy to come out, etc. A nicer way to put it would have been something along the lines of, "I am sure she would be happy to come meet with you, she is teaching a children's class right now, but it is over at X time and then I am sure she would be happy to answer your questions. Or would you prefer she get in touch with you if you can't wait?" You know, something nicer - instead of "she's busy" -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #66  
Inking Addict

There is tons of Tim Holtz stuff in there now - a whole area!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #67  
Die Cut Diva

Some of the Hot Spot items are overpriced as well like the Studio G stamps.

Archivers (as has been said by an inside corporate employee) purposely goes in to areas that have a big population of scrapbook/stamp stores for the sole purpose of putting the locals out of business.

You won't get a response by emailing or physically writing corporate, they simply don't care.

I go there with coupons and only if I have coupons. I only buy items I know for a fact I cannot get anywhere else locally or online cheaper. Mostly I buy my Stampendous stamps and again only with coupons.

Irked me huge when they changed all of their coupon policies and now can only use one per promotional period. Before when they first opened I could go in there with a $3.00 off, and a 30% off and they were used on the same item. With the economy the way it is and gas prices I don't like the one coupon per person per day or promotional period policies (Be it M's or A's). If I go I want to get all my shopping done in one stop.

Plus I have a LSS here that puts A's to shame on paper selection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:35 AM   #68  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

This would be the one that's out at Village Point in Omaha. Same one you're thinking about? It's the only I know about it.

I used to go in there at least once every other month. It takes us 30 minutes to get there (which isn't THAT long) but gas prices limit just running around like that. Before I was always greeted when I first walked in the store or within a couple of minutes after. I could ask someone for help and they were marvelous in helping me find something or giving me alternatives to use.

When I got back in our car, I told my husband and daughter---we are never going back there. I will stay with Michaels, HL and Mangelsens. At least they have always been decent with me (I know everyone has a bad experience in each store).
I totally understand. I don't live there any more, but I always felt they were a bit rude and often felt like they were talking down to me. Very little imagination and very little outside of the box thinking. I didn't shop there often, and never found it to be a good experience. Though they were always super nice to DH around the holidays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,296 Likes on 2,483 Posts

Just wanted to post that I was in the Madison, WI one yesterday and it was awesome! A group of SCS met there from 1-4 in their work room to swap cards, share techniques and just play with ink, stamps and paper!

Then, we all stayed for the Scrap Mania from 5-11 and it was the first one I attended. Many of worked on cards and had a good time. All of the employees were soooooooooooooo nice and helpful. It was a great place to get together and be able to play too. We are planning to do this more often and hope to add more to our group.

Sorry some of you had a bad experience, but we did not!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothamgalView Post
Yeah, my Archiver's is hit and miss. Some of the employees are really nice and others are absolutely horrid.
For example, one lady always tells me something 'doesn't exist' and then I'll pull out my phone, do a google search and show someone else a picture of the paper and magically it appears on an endcap.
This woman was the only person available when a friend and I went a week or so ago. We asked about star stickers and the woman's eyes glazed over like we'd asked her to name, in alphabetical order, every company that's ever made scrapbooking products. My friend ended up finding about 6 other kinds of star stickers, so we were okay. Maybe I have to go on another day or something.

Another lady had NO idea what Kraft cardstock was. And she argued that there wasn't a company by that name (so I explained what it was and she told me they didn't sell the bottom sheets of paper packs?!?).

Unfortunately some people are only in it for the discount.

Contact corporate with as much information as possible. I'm really sorry it happened to you, but hopefully it will stop happening to anyone in that store.

:-)
ROTFLMBO :mrgreen: :rolleyes:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #71  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was just there Sumday and so disapointed. They were less then helpful and out of everythng. I wanted the new treat boxes they were out - I could get on a waiting list and they would call me but they are an hour away from me .
Then they had a special that with every stamp you bought you got a free ink pad- of course I bought 2 stamps and they were out of the ink pads. I asked gfor a coupon to get them the next time I come back and was told they don;t do that I am just out of luck- this is not the first time this has happened either. Not sure i will be going back anytinme soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #72  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintlcView Post
Some of the Hot Spot items are overpriced as well like the Studio G stamps.

Archivers (as has been said by an inside corporate employee) purposely goes in to areas that have a big population of scrapbook/stamp stores for the sole purpose of putting the locals out of business.
That's enough to make me seriously limit (dare I say stop totally???) buying from them.

A new LSS opened about 15 mins. from the A's I normally go to, and they are beyond friendly, helpful & knowledgable. They'll be getting the bulk of my business from now on! Thanks for dishing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #73  
Rubber Obsessor

Grandmamichelf: "I haven't been back since I wrote started this thread. Part of the reason is because someone I know opened an LSS nearby."

First -- So sorry you had a bad experience! Omaha is my home town, but now we live in the east. We always feel like people are so much for friendly and willing to help back home.

Second -- Where's the new LSS!? Please share! I'd love to tell my sister about it so she can drop in -- and then I can when we come home to visit this summer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #74  
Stampin' Fool

True to my word last July, I have not gone back to Archivers to give them anymore of my money. But this is just me. And maybe other Archivers will be different. I'm not above trying them out in a different city.

Plus I really want to support this LSS that opened up.

Biowife, the store is in Bellevue. It's called Busy Scrappin' and they are wonderful. They don't really carry the paper products that I like, but they have Stickles, some stamps, CB embossing folders and Glimmer Mist. Plus the owner is willing to special order something for you if you ask her. You can sign up for emails from the store as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #75  
Rubber Obsessor

I guess it just depends on the individual Archivers store. The store I go to in the west county area of St. Louis is very good. They are all so nice and seem to know the products. Whoever does the hiring for that particular store should see to it that at least a few employees know something about what is in the store. A few years ago I went into a JoAnn's and ask where the rick rack was. The young girl looked at me as if I was speaking another language and ask if that was a brand name for something. Just goes to show you clueless employees are everywhere these days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 03:33 AM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

Grandmamichelf --

Thanks so much for the heads-up! I'll tell my sister about the store in Bellevue. Hope it does well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #77  
Kookie Creator

Well I am sorry to hear that. We have an Archiver's here but it's a little to far away for anything but an occassional visit. That's probably good though, saves me $$. I agree that their prices are a bit high on some things. But I have never had anything but polite service.

I hope the corporate office took some action and you will be able to go back to the store and find that person gone. I would wait a while and then perhaps give them another chance. You might be pleasantly surprized. If not, I seldom give a store more than two tries before I give up on them.

Best of luck.

Holley

a new card everyday! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #78  
Glitter Queen

You are not the only one to have a bad experience at that particular store. I am new to paper crafting and just recently discovered Archiver's. I have been there 3 or 4 times now and not till the most recent visit did I encounter an employee that was friendly. She was even rather encouraging when she learned I was new to this craft.

I usually go to this store with at least one of my two daughters as they love to various crafts and find some interesting uses for the paper they buy. Each time I have one with me most of the employees give us the cold shoulder or look rather annoyed that I brought children into the store. My girls are 13 and 9 and they are well behaved.

I decided I will stick with Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I will only go to Archiver's now for inspiration or as a last resort. I haven't traveled down to Joann's in ages, so I have no idea what kind of selection they have but my girls and I plan to find out on Saturday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Take advantage of their sale, buy 10 sheets of paper, get 10 free. this goes until Tues. Ignore the staff if they are stuffy.

Our store overall, is very friendly here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #80  
Glitter Queen

Smile

Thanks for letting us know about that sale. My girls and I still might stop by and check it out this weekend. After all we be a few store fronts down getting ice cream, might as well pop in and see what pretty papers we can find.
Reply With Quote Likes