Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 101 Days of Summer: Master Thread

101 Days of Summer: Beach Balls, Towels & Cool Blue Water (101DOSF) Title: Beach Balls, Towels & Cool Blue Water
Hostess: Valerie ~awjmgmom~
Keyword: 101DOSF
Day/Date: Saturday, May, 30/09
Time: 2:00 (EST)

Posting a little early as ds needs to go down for his nap and ds1&dh are going to the movies

My challenge is a scraplift of a challenge that I participated in earlier in the year. It is very fitting for the 101 DAYS of SUMMER though so here goes. This challenge is a recipe challenge:

You need to scrap a page or lo with the following elements:

Circles - to represent beach balls
Stripes - to represent beach towels
Something transparent or a cool shade of blue - to represent the crystal clear waters of the beach

Here is my sample: Jordan's First Birthday

As you can see, summer pics aren't required (although he's a May baby). The idea is to get thinking about summer and to challenge yourself in a new way.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Gallery: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. All VSBN creations must be uploaded by 10:00 PM EST on Saturday, June 6th
2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, 101DOSF, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your

101 Days of Summer: Polka Dot Bikini (101DOSG) Title: Polka Dot Bikini
Hostess: Kristen-Imayoungin�
Keyword: 101DOSG
Time: 4:00 (EST)

For some silly reason whenever I think of summer, I think of polka dots. Like the yellow polka dot bikini! So part one of my challenge for you is to use polka dots on your layout!

The second part of my challenge is to follow the sketch I came up with! It is a nice and simple one so you have plenty of freedom with it!

Here is my sample!

silly faces

I definitely encourage using bright summer colors, and summer pictures if you have them! They are NOT necessary though! Just have fun with it!

I am looking forward to what you all come up with!!!!!!!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. All VSBN creations must be uploaded by 10:00 PM EST on Saturday, June 6th
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, 101DOSG, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your page.
Attached Images layout.jpg (10.1 KB, 2 views)
View the Gallery: HERE

101 Days of Summer: Scrap the Travel Brochure (101DOSH)

Title: Scrap the Travel Brochure
Hostess: Melissa - mollymoo951
Keyword: 101DOSH
Day/Date: Saturday, May, 30, 2009
Time: 7:00 PM (EDT)

Summer time is the height travel / tourist season. Whether it�s a vacation or a staycation, it�s a welcome change from your day to day routines. While I do plan my trips using the internet, I love travel brochures. I love to visit the the local tourism bureau and peruse the brochure rack! I have a small collection of brochures right now�of places I want to visit.

To me, the internet doesn�t compare to having a shiny glossy brochure in my hands. These brochures contain the best of everything - the best photos, the best font, the best design � for that particular attraction, in one tiny package. It should! Convention and Visitors Bureaus and many attractions pay mega bucks for professionally designed travel brochures

Why not harness the power of a professionally designed brochure to enhance your page? A properly designed brochure will remind you of your visit and will compliment or enhance your resulting scrapbook page.

My challenge to you is to create a vacation or staycation page featuring a brochure from that trip on your layout. You can use the brochure as part of the title or as an accent piece.

On THIS layout, I used the brochure from Dinosaur World as my title. The 6 x 6 panel is actually a pocket that holds the brochure.

On THIS layout, I used it as a focal point of my page. I loved the excitement generated by this brochure. I put it in a vellum pocket so I can enjoy the brochure on my page and can still remove it from my page.

Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your page. Can't wait to see what you come up with! You can find all submissions: HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All VSBN creations must be uploaded by 10:00 PM EDT on Saturday, June 6th
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, 101DOSH, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Now...go scrap those travel brochures!

101 Days of Summer: the earth laughs in flowers - e.e. cummings (101DOSI)

Title: the earth laughs in flowers - e.e. cummings
Hostess: Kristen-Goegirl
Keyword: 101DOSI
Time: 11:00 PM (EST)

I think of summer and I think of time in the GARDEN! I think of all the fun my kids have out there, digging in the dirt and eating peas right from the patch, planting seeds, watching things grow and experiencing their place in the natural world.

I love garden pictures (even though I take FAR too few of them myself) and garden quotes. So let�s see �em � your garden adventures! Botanical garden visits, pathetic seedlings, hail damage OR just use a garden quote like one of the ones below.

Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. ~Lou Erickson

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else? ~Betsy Ca�as Garmon

Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P.
Garafalo, gardendigest.com

I appreciate the misunderstanding I have had with Nature over my perennial border. I think it is a flower garden; she thinks it is a meadow lacking grass, and tries to correct the error. ~Sara Stein, My Weeds, 1988

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." --Greek proverb

Gardeners know the best dirt.

If friends were flowers, I'd pick you.

Weed 'um and reap!

When submitting for the VSBN challenge, please use the keyword 101DOSI, the deadline is Saturday, June 6. Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your page.

Gallery is HERE

Last edited by Lmn; 07-01-2009 at 05:57 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

I'll post all challenges in here as a quick reference. To see finished pages, please visit the galleries...be sure to leave a loving comment! Contact me with any questions.

101 Days of Summer: Let's Enjoy A Fruity Drink (101DOSA)
In the summer of 1989, I was a bartender at Jack's Place in Avalon, NJ...definitely one of my FAVORITE summers! I usually worked Friday Happy Hour~it' was such a fun & exciting time! Everyone was coming directly to the beach from work; trading their 'corporate' attire for shorts & t-shirts; heels for sandals; skirts for sarongs...it was time to play & relax with friends & family; time to dance the night away to incredible music from the band; and, maybe even a romance or two was starting :cool:

Most of the drinks I made that summer had fun ingredients in them: orange juice, pineapple juice, kiwi, strawberry, lemons, limes, coconut, melon, and some other fun stuff! So, whether or not you indulge in s cocktail with spirits or not, summer would not be summer without a fruity drink with an umbrella!

My challenge to you is to create a fun, relaxing page using citrus colors...topped with an umbrella. You can take that litterally or use it as inspiration for some embellishment on your page.

Please use the keyword 101DOSA for submission. The deadline is Friday, June 5. Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your page. You can find all submissions: HERE

101 Days of Summer: Oldies but Goodies (101DOSB)
This was pure coincidence. I was thinking of a music challenge when I decided to take a break to see what Sally�s sketch was today�and she happened to use the phrase I was thinking (Oldies but Goodies) in her challenge...so a combo effort is born ~ thank you Sally!

Certain music and summer go hand in hand. I was specifically thinking that no matter when I hear a Jimmy Buffet song, I automatically associate it with great times and dancing at the beach with friends!

Challenge, use Sally�s Sketch Challenge (Forums at Splitcoaststampers), to create a page using your Favorite Summer Song Title as inspiration. Be sure to let us know your song, the artist, and how that song inspires your new layout when you post. Don't forget...use both keywords and to post here and in Sally's thread.

When submitting for the VSBN challenge, please use the keyword 101DOSB,the deadline is Friday June 5. Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your page. You can find all submissions for this challenge: HERE.

Sorry to say, due to time constraints, I do not have a personal sample. However, Margaritaville is what keeps playing in my head...I did a gallery search and had a 'hit': Forums at Splitcoaststampers How fun is that!

101 Days of Summer: "Drive In" at the Drive In (101DOSC)
It's Friday night and what better place to be on a SUMMER Friday Night than the Drive In! We actually have a Drive In not too far from our house and we're THRILLED that it's opening for the Summer! We're off tomorrow night to see Disney's "UP" and "ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN". My favorite part is stopping at the convenience store for snacks...what a choice!

My Challenge for you tonight is to include your (or family) favorite MOVIE into your page. You can use just the title or some pictures of some movie memoriabilia or even just add some movie favorites to your page (pictures of popcorn, big screens?) or include some tickets. It's your time to DRIVE IN at the 101 Days of SCS Scrappin' Summer and include a "reel" of FUN to your "MOVIE" page! HERE & HERE are my samples

When submitting for the VSBN challenge, please use the keyword 101DOSC,the deadline is Friday June 5. Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your page. Gallery: HERE

101 Days of Summer: School�s Out For Summer! (101DOSD)
This was meant for tomorrow at 10 AM but I can't be here so you can do it early or save for tomorrow...Enjoy!

Every year our school blasts this song over the PA as the children leave for summer break:

SCHOOL�S OUT FOR SUMMER!

YIKES!!!! The kid�s are home for THREE WHOLE MONTHS! What to do to fill the time? Swimming, tennis, bike rides, or baseball? Summer is the only time to play certain sports that can�t be played during the cold winter months (fortunately we don�t have that issue here in Florida). Let us know your favorite summer sport, whether you or your children play or one you admire as an aficionado.

Challenge, scrap your sport and make sure to use this week's Variety challenge for your journaling: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Don't forget...use both keywords and to post here and in Peggy's thread.

When submitting for the VSBN challenge, please use the keyword 101DOSD the deadline is Friday June 5. Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your page. You can find all submissions for this challenge: HERE

101 Days of Summer: Event of the Summer (101DOSE)
Hostess: Trish ~strongcanadianbeauty

Summer is always such a busy time of year!!! There are always so many "much anticipated" events to attend!! Graduations, marriages, baby showers, birthday parties, anniversaries, annual family camping trip, parades, fairs, scrapbook retreats, etc.

My challenge is for you to use at least 3 photos (could be on one page or a double page layout) from a summer event but the more photos the merrier!!

If you mainly scrap single pages maybe you want to try a double layout to accomodate the photos for your summer event? If you have a ton of photos from your event maybe you want to try a multipage layout? I myself am a big fan of multipage layouts, infact I currently have an 8 page layout in my gallery!!

Of course in order to met the challenge requirements you only have to have one page (or double layout) complete with at least 3 photos from a summer event, but if you have a ton of photos to scrap why not plan on doing a few pages to show off all your photos and get started today!!

Get out those photos of a summer event and get scrappin'!!

When submitting for the VSBN challenge, please use the keyword 101DOSD the deadline is Saturday June 6. Remember to come back to this thread and post a reply with a link to your page. You can find all submissions for this challenge HERE

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 05-30-2009 at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

i HOPE I AM DOING THIS RIGHT IF NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Stop in PLEASE: my gallery

~*~A Snuggle a day keeps the Grumpies away~*
Please RAK and Pray for MADISON
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by chddsView Post
i HOPE I AM DOING THIS RIGHT IF NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
I'm not sure what you were trying to do :-)

The Master Thread is for you to have quick access to all this weekend's challenges. If you wanted to chat you 'hang out' in the individual thread, the challenge is in the first post. To 'get credit' just load into the gallery and be sure to use the correct keyword and share how you 'fulfilled' the challenge in the description area.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, PM me.

Thanks for playing!!!
Reply With Quote Likes