Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-26 2009 - hotel & swap details

***I HAVE MOVED THE INITIAL FIRST POST TO POST #3 IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS IT SO I CAN PUT SOME MORE DETAILED ITEMS IN THIS POST***

SHOEBOX SWAP DETAILS
Saturday July 25, 2009 12-8 or until we get tired of stamping (as if)

Fee is $35 and includes lunch, snacks, dinner, shoebox swap, hourly door prizes and copic coloring class!!

Everyone is to bring at least 1 completed card or project and 20 kits with everything that is needed to make your card or project. You may also want to bring some detailed instructions to include with the completed item so you are not constantly having to explain them. I would also recommend that you create a few extra kits just in case. I think last time I made 3 extra and then used them for something else when I got home.

Everyone's card/project will be put at a table (where they will stay) and we will all take turns rotating around the room doing each others projects. That way you will leave with 19-20 different projects. I hope this makes sence but if not feel free to contact me.

OTHER DETAILS
Saturday July 25, 2009 10:30-12

Kristi from Hanna stamps will be teaching a class on copic coloring. So come a little early, bring your favorite colors and learn from one of the best!!!

Door Prizes

This is not a requirement but last year we had everyone bring a door prize and it was we had a BLAST!! We had everyone bring something in the amount of $10-15 and we put them all in one area. We then each drew a number and went in order to choose a prize. The kicker was that if someone who chose after you wanted your prize they could steal it from you and then you would choose a new one. Each prize could onle be stolen 3 times. It was alot of fun!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE FOR THE DOOR PRIZE IT IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD WANT TO RECEIVE AND THAT IT IS STAMPING RELATED!!

Manda and I are also working on door prizes that will be given out during the day on Saturday!!

Lunch will be served around 12:00 so no need to eat before you come. Most of the ladies are staying in the hotel so for those of you driving in just for the day...feel free to come early and join us for some chatting and silliness before we start the swap!!

Please let me know if I have forgotten anything!!!

Last edited by chris1josh2; 06-18-2009 at 06:18 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Attending:
1. Manda (manda_dex) - Booked
2. Heather (chris1josh2) - Booked
3. Yvonne (urscrappymama) - Booked
4. Marci Horne (MHorne5501) - Booked
5. Laurajean - Booked
6. Joy (daiseyfreak) - Booked
7. Jackie (babitoons) - Booked
8. Michele (delfinaus) - Booked
9 Jen (Go90feet) - Booked
10. Rae Anne (Huera90) - Booked
11. Sandye (SGC)- Booked
12. Tammy Miller - Booked
13. Yoorah - Booked
14. Cheryl (cherthosestamps) - Booked
15. Lisa (wildbasket) - Booked
16. Kristi (Hannastamps)
17. Audrey (Hippieaud)
18. Teak (Manda's friend)

19. Roberta (Chrispy1778 ) - COMING BUT NOT DOING THE SHOEBOX SWAP....

Rooming:
*1. Lisa, Yvonne, Jackie - Hampton Inn
*2. Laura Jean, Cheryl, Marci, Kristi - Hampton Inn
*3. Joy, Michele, Yoorah, Mama- Hampton Inn
*4. Sandye & Tammy - Hampton Inn

LIST OF ITEMS BEING BROUGHT SO NO DUPLICATES!!

Yvonne - UK Elzybells - Wasabi, Yoko and Ono Kettos - Betty Bombshell, Georgina Glamourpuss, Butch and Mimi, Bellas Garden, Minty Coffee, Mommy and Baby Cupcake, Daisy Van, All Punked up and nowhere to go, Cuddlycat, Best friends forevah, Jump for joy, Cheffa Huggabug, Christmatini and Valentini. I also have all of the Baby-bellas, and the two Kid-ellas, as well as Menorahbella - Hambo Stamps - Pink Cat Studios, my Cape Arabo Shoe set, and my Sandy Lion Clear sets - Changitos - Amuse Elzy's

Joy - S2G stamps - artful inkable stamps - Jolly Little Winter by Unity Stamp Company

Sandye - papertrey stamps - HM stamps - summer magnolias - Thomas Kinkade stamps

Tammy - Penny Black stamps - cricut

Yoorah - Anya/Ians - Cats PJ - Waitress, Peekaboo and Eco Bellas - Huggabugg - Kettos: Charlotte, Mismatched, and Suzette Kettos, Javabugg, Flu-eybugg, Lunabugg, Snailbugg; Poppy bittybloom and Peony bittybloom and Bittyblooms - Inky Antics Beverage Girl - few fluffles

Jackie - Whiff of Joy: Summer Stamp Kit: Shy Willow, Willow in the Summer Breeze, Sitting Summer Willow, Willow With Strawberry Basket, Oakley with Wooden Sign, Willow with flowers ??(don�t know the name�) Spring Stamp Kit: Oakley with Slipover, Kneeling Willow, Willow with Flowers, Willow sitting with Floral Wreath, Willow with Flower Basket, Willow in Sun Hat Verve: Up Up and Away, Forever in our Hearts
Miracle Blossoms Paper Pretties: Angel Wings, Beach Bum, Bugs and Fishes, Bunny Slippers, Canadian Girl, Cuddle Me, Falling for You,Flutter By, Give Thanks, Gliding By, Hippity Hop, Hola Chica, Howdy Girlfriend, Lady Liberty, Look Out World, Love Bugs, Love You This Much, Make a Splash, Off to School Sophia, One of Those Days, Right On Par, Sassy Circles, Sending You Love, Simply Special, Soakin Up the Sun, Sophia Ballerina, Surfs Up, Trim the Tree, Wade E Bug There She Goes: Life�s a Beach, Rejuvenate, Bloom, Happy Day, Act of Kindness, She�s A Lady Taylored Expressions: Beary Special, For the Love of Cupcakes, Fresh Flowers sugar Nellies: Gorguss Girls Set 1 and 2, Honey and Pip: Chick a Dee, Daisy, Peek a Bunny, Postbox, Reflective, Shopahoilic, Scattering Love, Summer Ice Cream, Windsweapt, Country Garden, Purrfect Friend, Spring has Sprung, Fingers Crossed, Claudia the Artist, Peek a Bunny High Hopes: Warm Wishes, Gavin the Giving Dragon, First Ride, Ace (not sure if its large or small), Seymour�s Sick Day, Lenny�s Love me Nots, Baby Dragon - Tea Time Flopsey

Jen - Mermaid & Pirate (Ians/anyas)

JauraJean - Out west (Gina K) - changitos - bees - prismas

Lisa - HM & Snoopy - Emerson - Rubbernecker - Magnolia Club - Whipper Snapper - Eat Cake graphics - Cricut cartridges - Cats Pjs - tshirts from GinaK - I also have the large stamp that makes hoodies and men's dress shirt with tie from too much fun

Heather - Big Shot - CB folders: pumpkin harvest, happy birthday, birds & swirls, D'vine swirls, traffic jam, bloom dots, distressed stripes, stylized flowers, christmas ornaments, snow dots, spots & dots, spiderweb, tiny bubbles, snowflakes, swiss dots, cuttlekids dies - nestabilities: classic square (scallop & straight), classic long (scallop & straight), Classic rectangle (scallop & straight), classic circle (scallop & staright) - MFT: baby its cold outside, it's a cupcake kind of day, hot stuff - CTMH: merry pursuits, enjoy your journey - fluffles: naughty fluffles, fluffles in lights, full fluffles, fluffles turkey, fishy fluffles, cupcake fluffles, flying fuffles

Michele - Stampingbella: tiddlyinks, chichiboulie, huggabuggs and kettos - The greeting farm: Edward, firefighter ian, teacher anya, baker ian, farmer anya and ian, miss anya - There She Goes: all the mini's, you're so punny, LOL taglines, welcome home, blessings, special delivery, nature of friendship - MFT: coffeefriends, whats up cupcake, ride em cowgirl, flopsey flowers reading flopsey, what's the story flopsey, tea with flopsey, hooga booga, monsters, girls night out, day in the park, maid for u, rain or shine, ben paper dolls - Hanna: several rileys, route 66 hanna, rockstar hanna, mermaid hanna, lingerie hanna - Gina K: hand in hand, guiding light, have a cookie, so hippy, king of the grill, tree silhouettes - Unity: too many to list, just ask if ur interested in any

Mama - Cat's Pajamas - A Muse (from A-Muse-A-Palooza and Summer 2009)

Cheryl - new Edward/Greeting Farm stamp: Eddie the Edward, and the new Hippie one - Bellas - Rileys and Sophies - Fluffles - Copics - SU markers

Marci - changitos

Last edited by chris1josh2; 07-20-2009 at 01:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

****PLEASE TRY TO CHAT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ON THE OTHER THREAD SO THIS ONE CAN BE ABOUT THE SHOEBOX SWAP DETAIL****

2nd Annual HPC in Columbus, Ohio July 24-26, 2009

Ladies, this is a thread to discuss the very informal (Swap) Hos n Pimps Convention or Home Pro Cardmakers Convention

A list of who's coming etc. is kept updated on post #2

We're getting together:
July 24-26 in Columbus, Ohio.

Hostesses: Heather Tripp (chris1josh2) and Manda Doorley (manda_dex)

Here are the list of hotels in the area and their details. Because of us not knowing for sure if we would have 8 definate rooms we were unable to get the a group rate. Also some ladies wanted to use discounts and points so this was the best way!!

Residence Inn at Easton
3999 Easton Loop West
Columbus, Ohio 43219
614-414-1000
Offers airport shuttle and complimentary breakfast
Rooms between $139-159 per night

Courtyard by Marriott
3900 Morse Crossing
Columbus, Ohio 43219
614-416-8000
Offers airport shuttle
Room rates at $149 per night

Hilton Columbus
3900 Chagrin Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43219
614-414-5000
Offers airport shuttle
Rooms between $199-200 per night

Hampton Inn & Suites - Easton
4150 Stelzer Road
Columbus, Ohio 43230
614-473-9911
Offers airport shuttle & complimentary breakfast
Rooms between $99-139 per night
****This hotel is not in the heart of Easton like the others but offers a complimentary shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel so it will still be easy to get to Easton****

*Once you have your hotels booked please send Heather a pm with what hotel you will be staying at as well as who your roomies will be so I can keep track of who is where!! Also send me your flight info so I can try to be here to greet all of you!!

• The closest airport to the Easton area where you will be staying will be Port Columbus (cmh). This is about a 15-30 min drive depending on the time of day you land. All of the hotels listed above offer shuttle services, plus there are always cabs there to take you if someone can not make it there to pick you up.

• If you are thinking about renting a car so you can go anywhere other than the hotel area and airport keep the following in mind. The area where you will be staying is an outdoor venue with shops and restaurants a plenty within walking distance. There is also a Michael's, Jo'Ann's, and Archievers in that area as well. There are a few Hobby Lobby's as well, but those do require driving distances...so we can either car pool or figure a way to get there!

Shoebox Swap information

4150 Stelzer Road
Columbus, Ohio 43230

Time: Saturday July 25th from 12-8pm or whenever we get tired of stamping....AS IF!!!

Cost of $35 (may be lower) per person which includes lunch, dinner, snacks throughout the day, room rental and hourly prize drawings.

Everyone is to create one item...either a card or a project...and enough kits for everyone attending. I will be sending out the final counts by the middle of June so you all know how many you will need to prepare for. Please pm me if you have any questions on this!!

• The rest of the time we’re there, things are going to be pretty fluid. This is a very informal get-together; there are no planned/organized events. Although I am trying to work something out for a class on Sunday.
No one is in charge of entertainment, meals, and rides.

• Kids are more than welcome. Scrappy may be bringing her sidekick, Baby Bella, with her just about everywhere she goes, so we don’t want you thinking that you can’t do the same.

Manda and myself are the point of contact for the Pimps & Hos convention. We will keep a list of who is coming and will answer any questions you have. Our email address: [email protected] and [email protected]

** Please send me a PM for updating the post on attending, rooming and attending the Shoebox swap part.***

I can't wait to see everyone again and meeting all of my new friends!! All of you make SCS one of the very best things about our day. We’ve made so many friends. . .We’ve had some really great conversations. . .And, we’ve Rolled-On-The-Floor-Laughing-Our-Asses-Off more times than we can possibly remember. So, for those of you who were unsure, think about it!! We would love to have you join us also!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE FORGOTTEN ANYTHING!!!

Last edited by chris1josh2; 06-18-2009 at 05:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

yes still count me in. I have to discuss with my room buddies.
I prefer to stay at a marriott ( I know I sound like a snob right now) and it's only $10 more. HOWEVER since the shoebox swap is at the hampton inn, perhaps it is best to get a room there. this is my 2 cents, wherever my room buddies go i'll go to!
where are the other ho's staying?

"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

The other hotels are very close to everything else. The Hampton is on the other side of the street and not really close to the fun stuff but it does offer the shuttle to get to the fun stuff. And keep in mind that only 2 of the hotels offer the free breakfast.

The Hampton had the biggest conference room. The other hotels had a max of 20 people and we could only be in them after noon and out by 8. The Hampton was very flexible on the time frame.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am def. coming. Not sure if I will be bringing my sidekick (although she wants to go!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

We can leave her at my house with Issy...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am DEF. IN!!!

I would really like for us to all stay at the same hotel if possible, doesn't make sense for us to all be in different hotels if we're all wanting to hang together!

I'm ok with whatever everyone else decides!

Heather, thank you so much for pulling this together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm in! I know I haven't been able to chat much, but I hope I am still welcome!

I need roommates because the exchange on the dollar from US to Canadian makes it a bit more expensive.

And, I am fine to stay anywhere - but I would like to be where most of the other hos are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

I am definately still in as well. I can't wait to meet all of you. I am going to have to tell my hubby that he needs to change the days he's taking off though since the swap isn't until Sunday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 198 Likes on 165 Posts

I'm still coming ~ sending you a PM Heather.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Still planning to attend. I am sticking to my driving in on Saturday, however, and finding y'all once I hit town and throw my overnight bag into a suite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooh yay!! Some ladies I did not have down. I am off to pick the kiddos up from school and will update everything when I return home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreakView Post
I am DEF. IN!!!

I would really like for us to all stay at the same hotel if possible, doesn't make sense for us to all be in different hotels if we're all wanting to hang together!

I'm ok with whatever everyone else decides!

Heather, thank you so much for pulling this together!
You are very welcome. I was thinking it would be nice for everyone to be at the same hotel also. I put up the Mariott ones because some ladies wanted to use points they had for the room. But whatever you all decide is fine with me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Heather,
yes thanks for putting this all together. I can't imagine how much running around and phone time this must have taken up!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

found this ..Thanks girls...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

In so in....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Alright DJ!!! Can't wait to meet u

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfinausView Post
Me too...we will have so much fun...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

what hotel did the hos that have the hotel points want to stay at?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 04:51 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

what hotel did the hos that have the hotel points want to stay at?
I am thinking it was one of the Mariotts...but I am not sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Michelle..do u know how to use Copics and Prismas....I would like a ho to teach me...can we do this.;...I know there are porbably more that would like to know too.,..,we can do it in my room...:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have no points for any of the places, so no pickiness from me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
Michelle..do u know how to use Copics and Prismas....I would like a ho to teach me...can we do this.;...I know there are porbably more that would like to know too.,..,we can do it in my room...:mrgreen:
I can! :mrgreen: Michele is great with them though too! Methinks we need to kidnap Gabby and LV though and drag them to Columbus!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
I can! :mrgreen: Michele is great with them though too! Methinks we need to kidnap Gabby and LV though and drag them to Columbus!
ok...this would be something I really wnat to learn..let me know what to bring for them...love it..when are you getting there scraps Friday?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Does anyone have reservations yet anywhere???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
No kidding!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

hey DJ,
I have Prismas... but I am no coloring expert. U have gotten better but not a PRO!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

LJ how many hos you got stayingin my room now..3?..whjereever we are theyu better be big beds lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Three - U, Me and Marci
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

hey DJ,
I have Prismas... but I am no coloring expert. U have gotten better but not a PRO!
Well...I have only 5 copics..and what color pris should I buy to play with
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
Three - U, Me and Marci
ok..well lets look into a nice place...I do have rewarrds at Holiday inn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJeanView Post
Three - U, Me and Marci
No Smokers remember..achhhooo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
ok..well lets look into a nice place...I do have rewarrds at Holiday inn
Rewards to use???? :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

hey DJ,
True! You think six of us can take Gabby and then we can tempt LV by promising the Jo Bros r gonna be there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am taking a Copics coloring class with Candice (DT member for MFT and Hanna stamps) on May 17th! YAY!

DJ, I saw that you have points for Holiday Inn, but I don't see that Heather listed a holiday inn?

I am diggin a free breakfast b/c then we'll have more money for stamping stuff! So if the swap is at the Hampton, and they have free shuttle service from the airport, I am fine for staying there. Even though it's not as close to the other places, I will have my jeep, and some other hos will have vehicles, we can drive where-ever we need to go. Maybe we can put up a poll on the thread? But I am totally fine with whatever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am taking a Copics coloring class with Candice (DT member for MFT and Hanna stamps) on May 17th! YAY!

DJ, I saw that you have points for Holiday Inn, but I don't see that Heather listed a holiday inn?

I am diggin a free breakfast b/c then we'll have more money for stamping stuff! So if the swap is at the Hampton, and they have free shuttle service from the airport, I am fine for staying there. Even though it's not as close to the other places, I will have my jeep, and some other hos will have vehicles, we can drive where-ever we need to go. Maybe we can put up a poll on the thread? But I am totally fine with whatever.
I am so not familiar with the hotels in the area...I am fine anywhere too...just like real breakfast,,,not continental...but have car, will go to McDees right..so nice, cheap ,close...I am in....lets post pics and prices and go from there
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

dj, in the first post, heather has the hotels, prices, and info ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #39  
Gallery Gazer

By the Way DJ, in the post above # 28... I MEANT that:
I HAVE GOTTEN BETTER but I am not a Pro, not u.... geez I re read that and was like .. I just insulted DJ without meaning to. Sorry it was a typo. I looked back on it when u quoted me in post #31....
so sorry DJ

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #40  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I agree with joy joy

Reply With Quote Likes