Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverDragonessView Post
Oh my gosh Colleen you aren't helping my "need" for this die. I love the swirly acetate one! So the question is how hard was it to see the folds on the acetate or what did you do to make it easy to see them?
Just got back to looking..... first, thanks for the complements. I am so loving this die-I'm making the little boxes for Easter and a bunch more for a SU meeting next week! As for the acetate, I just added a shim under that portion of the die and didn't have too many problems with seeing the score lines on the acetate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

does someone have the dimensions for the matchbox or is there a way to find out the dimensions of the various boxes offered by stampin up/sizzix? thanks for your help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by yunaView Post
does someone have the dimensions for the matchbox or is there a way to find out the dimensions of the various boxes offered by stampin up/sizzix? thanks for your help.
Are you a demo? If so, the dimensions are probably in the product guide. If you're not a demo let me know and I'll do some investigating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

i am not a demo.....thanks for your willingness to help! it would be really nice if dimensions for the finished product were listed in the description. i'm sure they are a lot
smaller than what the die itself is. appreciate you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by yunaView Post
i am not a demo.....thanks for your willingness to help! it would be really nice if dimensions for the finished product were listed in the description. i'm sure they are a lot
smaller than what the die itself is. appreciate you!
Yes, it would be nice if the dimensions were listed - I've often thought that myself.

2 3/4 L x 2 w x 1 h
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2009, 02:11 AM   #46  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I don't put nuggets in mine I put 2 of those Ghiradelli chocolates (sp) in them... they fit oh so nice!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the die and matching stamp set. I love the other dies on the plate more than the matchbox!! I know it was pricey, but I deserve it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I ordered the die and matching stamp set. I love the other dies on the plate more than the matchbox!! I know it was pricey, but I deserve it!
You certainly do! I look forward to seeing some of your creations on your blog. Perhaps you'll convince me I deserve it as well.

I just ordered the pillowbox one because I decided it needed to live with all of the rest of my supplies currently collecting dust. I think I need to see the matchbox die up close and personal before shelling out the money from my budget (oh how I hate that word, and all it entails). ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #49  
Embossing Fanatic

Default trouble with the score lines

hi, is anyone else having this problem. I have a cuttlebug. Ran my sandwich ( plate b, shim, die, dsp, crease pad) but I cannot get the score lines to show. So Im guessing as Im folding...is it because I have a cuttlebug? Any help would be great...If this question is already answered...please feel free to direct me to the answer...Im fustrated...
- on another note....the 6 x 12 paper doesnt fit the template....ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi there,

I don't have the die, so I am not sure if it requires 5 by 7 inches paper or 5.5 by 6.5 inches paper for the base and cover of the box, but there is a method to cut a sheet of 12 by 12 paper into 4 pieces of 5 by 7 or 5.5 by 6.5 paper.
To cut 5 by 7, just measure 5 inches away from each side of the paper and draw parallel lines to the sides 5 inches away. Do the same using 5.5 inches if the other size is required. There should be a little square in the middle where all the lines intersect if you do that. Cut out that little square - you discard that. The remaining rectangles on the paper can then be cut up into the 4 pieces of paper you need for the dies.

Hope this helps. =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 05:08 AM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by upallniteView Post
hi, is anyone else having this problem. I have a cuttlebug. Ran my sandwich ( plate b, shim, die, dsp, crease pad) but I cannot get the score lines to show. So Im guessing as Im folding...is it because I have a cuttlebug? Any help would be great...If this question is already answered...please feel free to direct me to the answer...Im fustrated...
- on another note....the 6 x 12 paper doesnt fit the template....ugh!
I made 40 of these last night. I used the Big Shot, but the same sandwich should work in the Cuttlebug. Try the B plate, die, dsp, and another B plate. I didn't use the crease pad. I cut 2 pieces at a time. The score lines were shaper on one piece and fainter on the other one, but you could still see the score lines if you looked in good light.

I can't help with the 6 x 12 paper problem. My boxes are different colors, so I cut the paper to fit just the bottom part of the box and then did the top box part.

I hope this helps.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes