Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I substituted almost every single thing that the system would let me, including the Decor Elements piece. For the most part, I'm happy with everything, but I wish I could have made a substitution for the pastels... I really hate them and they're going to sit unused! Oh, well - still a good deal!

Lisa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candice96View Post
Those of you that have signed up, did you take what they offered or did you subsitute any of the stamps, etc?
Hi. This might help you- it sure helped me. Good luck and have fun picking out your kit.
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #43  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by LidaBView Post
I substituted almost every single thing that the system would let me, including the Decor Elements piece. For the most part, I'm happy with everything, but I wish I could have made a substitution for the pastels... I really hate them and they're going to sit unused! Oh, well - still a good deal!

Lisa
Ahh, Why do you hate your pastels so much? There are quite a few different techniques to use them. Maybe you could find something that tickles your fancy. I find they give a different finish to some of my cards depending on what you are after!

I saw somewhere here that some one used pastels and crystal effects on their cards. There's also a way of using pastels and a window sheet too. different effect again than just plain coloring with them.:-D

Or Maybe you could find some one to buy them and give them a good home! Then you could use the money to buy something else you like instead!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOSSEEView Post
Ahh, Why do you hate your pastels so much? There are quite a few different techniques to use them. Maybe you could find something that tickles your fancy. I find they give a different finish to some of my cards depending on what you are after!

I saw somewhere here that some one used pastels and crystal effects on their cards. There's also a way of using pastels and a window sheet too. different effect again than just plain coloring with them.:-D

Or Maybe you could find some one to buy them and give them a good home! Then you could use the money to buy something else you like instead!:-D
Well, I'll admit I've only used them once, but I was NOT impressed. Maybe I need to do more research?! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjanView Post
Hi. This might help you- it sure helped me. Good luck and have fun picking out your kit.
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Your daughter is adorable. Thank you for the link, it helped out alot. I didn't think to look at the color families that I really like and the stamps, what I would be showing more. I plan to do this as a hobbie and eventually do classes in my home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Your daughter is adorable. Thank you for the link, it helped out alot. I didn't think to look at the color families that I really like and the stamps, what I would be showing more. I plan to do this as a hobbie and eventually do classes in my home.
Thank you! I think that she is pretty great too. Good luck with your new endeavor!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

I'm becoming a demo. I have to mail in my paperwork though since my upline is not online. Does anyone know the turn around on this? I want to be able to start ordering for people who want to take advantage of the SAB rewards before the close deadline. Will they send me my login information with my starter kit or by chance through an email?

Also, how is the discount calculated? I will be using the discount for my sister and mom and I wasn't sure how you do that on the order form. Or will this show up on the website when I place orders?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the current special people said was great? I don't know of one right now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh nevermind, it's one free set from the big catty right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #50  
Glitter Guru

Those who sign up now do have until June 30 to get their $300 in.

However, you only have 45 days to use your extra 10% discount. You must place an order of $150 or more within 45 days of becoming a Demo to get the extra 10% (bumping the discount to 30%).

The extra 10% is only good one time.

It's only good on an order of $150 or more.

It's only good for 45 days from your start date.

This is a great time to become a Demo! The Demo Kits (mandatory) are on sale. Every $50 earns an SAB item (no limit, but the Demo Kit does not count toward this). You get an extra 10% off your entire order (if it's within 45 days and over $150). Stamp sets from the new mini catalog are 20% + 20% off for Demos, but if you're a new Demo and it's your first order (and it's within 45 days and over $150), you get 30% + 20%. You also get an extra stamp set for signing up during SAB.

Yes, I substituted items. Since I don't intend to do workshops, I chose stamp sets I wanted, not necessarily things that SU feels have a wider appeal. (They fill the kits based upon customer trends.)

When I swapped out papers & inks, I made sure I traded them for coordinating papers & inks. I chose the InColors for my papers, so I made sure to get the In Colors inks. I also wanted black ink for the wheel stamp, not pink.

I chose the In Colors because they're retiring in June and I love them. I can get the regular SU colors any time.

ETA: I hope I got all those details correct!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did not see it mentioned anywhere above ( I might have missed it) that from now until the new SU year starts we get an ADDITIONAL 20% off on any preorder stamp sets..That is huge, especially if you combine that (I think you can) with your first order with the 30% off. I am a hobby demo too. I started out doing this as a business. I got quite a few customers, made it all the way to a Senior Supervisor and was working on getting Manager. My upline decided to start inviting my customers to her activities even after I asked her not to and before I knew it she had all my best customers. So...I gave up and am now hobby. I guess I dont really miss all the classes and stuff and I do still have my closest stamping friends over at least once a month to play. Many blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

Seriously, a new demo gets 50% off a preodered stamp set up till the 45 days?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #53  
Glitter Guru

Yes! You get 30% off your first order. Then, in celebration of SU's 20th Anniversary this year, preorders from the minis are an additional 20% off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Awesome. This is great info. I know I will become more educated when I can go online and onceI get my starter kit. I just sent my forms last week. I told them to email me or call me with my demo info so I can get online and order! :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #55  
Glitter Guru

I have to correct myself. Preorder stamp sets from the minis are an additional 20%. Just stamp sets, not accessories/embellishments/etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #56  
Glitter Guru

Yes, it's a 20% + 30% discount, not a 50% discount. Like Gale pointed out, it makes a slight difference, but it's still a great deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 05:16 AM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Substitute definately!!!!! - I took the set Define your life that they had on the list and regret it because I never used it - should have substituted a lesser price one that I would have used instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

So I got my demo id and I have been doing the practice orders online. My question is, even though I am only ordering for myself under the demonstrator order, it still shows instant income. So will I receive that instant income via EFT? Doesn't that amount come off when I order since I get a 20% discount?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another hobby demo here....I give my discount to others to make the minimums. I just love getting the matching papers, inks, DSP etc from SU. Recently I have branched out to Papertrey as well. I would not be able to maintain my demoship anymore on just my purchases as I have started buying the Papertrey. So shame on me I guess. I am just grateful for the other kind ladies who have been giving me orders. It really is a great time to sign up as a demo......
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvkids3View Post
So I got my demo id and I have been doing the practice orders online. My question is, even though I am only ordering for myself under the demonstrator order, it still shows instant income. So will I receive that instant income via EFT? Doesn't that amount come off when I order since I get a 20% discount?
When you get to the payment screen you'll see where the 20% came off. It'll just ask you to pay the amount less the 20%.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #61  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I did!

I switched out the CS and the ink pad colors and a couple of the stamps.

Quote:

Those of you that have signed up, did you take what they offered or did you subsitute any of the stamps, etc?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #62  
Compulsive Stamper

Default how much have you spent in the last 6 months

I love being a hobby demo. The greatest benefits for me are 1) advance notice of all the specials 2) option to puchase hostess sets 3) access to the demo only side on SCS and 4) access to the absolutely endless supply of ideas, sample gallery, and pattern gallery on the demo side of the SU website.

My only advice is that yoy add up the total amount of money that you have spent on stamping stuff in the last six months and then decide if spending $300 each month JUST on SU orders is easily doable or a stretch.

Have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #63  
Gabfest Goddess

auntdenise
300.00 EACH month? I that what you meant to say? I thought it was 300.00 in a quarter...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #64  
Embossing Fanatic

what's a hobby demo ? has different rules than regular demo? what things would you suggest to sub if not going to be full....reg demo? where can i find the exact info for current demo signup?
why would i or would i want to wait until april lst so have until sept. 30th for 300.00
amout?
Reply With Quote Likes