Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #41  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another idea is to get a really light color and a dark color that go together (in the same family and same hues), and use the palette idea to mix them and get shading...

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
first, congrats on your new job
I'm a little late in responding here, but I have V15 and I think it's kind of ugly, actually. Wish I hadn't bought it! Now we all have different tastes, for sure...but looking at the cap and samples, I thought I'd like it. I think it's supposed to be like Orchid Opulence (??) but it's a lot DULLER IMO.
Just some feedback.
Maybe you've already mentioned this in a later post, if so I apologize: I also agree that there are a lot of dark colors here, and you haven't gotten any blending groups. To me, that's the main reason to fork over the money for Copics--to blend. If you just want nice, solid colors, you'd be fine with the SU markers, KWIM?
Also, several of the Bic Markits (at Target--bigger set) and even Sharpies match SU colors, and they are nice deep colors. So, again, you could do with that if you just want nice colors and don't plan to shade.
Just sharing my limited experience! I am not an expert by ANY means...
HTH

I actually changed my order after reading that a few times, that I had too many darks. Hopefully I did better though I can tell I already need more colors to blend with, which I expected. They came today so I was able to practice a little.......I need a bunch more practice!!!

Copic Spica Glitter Pens -Glitter 12pc. Set = $22.20
G09-Sketch Veronese Green= $3.95
BG01-Sketch Aqua Blue= $3.95
B63-Sketch Light Hydrangea= $3.95
E00-Sketch Skin White= $3.95
E02-Sketch Fruit Pink= $3.95
E31-Sketch Brick Beige= $3.95
G02-Sketch Spectrum Green= $3.95
G21-Sketch Lime Green= $3.95
R29-Sketch Lipstick Red= $3.95
RV21-Sketch Light Pink= $3.95
RV34-Sketch Dark Pink= $3.95
Y08-Sketch Acid Yellow= $3.95
Y17-Sketch Golden Yellow= $3.95
YG03-Sketch Yellow Green= $3.95
YG95-Sketch Pale Olive= $3.95
YR02-Sketch Light Orange= $3.95
YR07-Sketch Cadmium Orange= $3.95
B69-Sketch Stratospheric Blue= $3.95
B21-Sketch Baby Blue= $3.95
BG10-Sketch Cool Shadow= $3.95
BG05-Sketch Holiday Blue= $3.95
E25-Sketch Caribe Cocoa= $3.95
E34-Sketch Orientale= $3.95
YG63-Sketch Pea Green= $3.95
BV02-Sketch Prune= $3.95
BG000-Sketch Pale Aqua= $3.95
C1-Sketch Cool Gray= $3.95
N3-Sketch Neutral Gray= $3.95
W1-Sketch Warm Gray= $3.95
0-Sketch Colorless Blender= $3.95
110-Sketch Special Black= $3.95
BV08-Sketch Blue Violet= $3.95
BG72-Sketch Ice Ocean= $3.95
Copic Spica Glitter Pens -Clear Glitter Pen = $1.85

Thank you for congrats on the new job too. Unfortunatly I'm sick and couldn't go in today. Thankfully I've worked for this company for 15 yrs so it's not a "new" company. Still felt like a heel though!!

I plan to place another order before 3/1 when the prices go up. I was going to do some comparisons of what I have and what this thread says about the similar color ones here. Also plan to get lighter colors AND go a couple shades apart from those I have. I can tell already I want more in the brown/earthtone colors.

What do you suggest being your next order if you had these above?

Thanks!

Last edited by missinkyfingers; 02-17-2009 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: more information
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #43  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
I think you need dark colors just as much as you need light colors, but you use them much more sparingly. Dark colors add deep contrast, which many bright cheery pictures are lacking. However, a little dab 'll do ya. I run my light colors dry all the time, but I wouldn't live without my dark colors to make the light colors seem to jump out all the more.

This post explains it clearly for all the newbies trying to choose colors. HTH!
OK I must be really thick headed because I am still confused after reading that LOL I understood before that a blending group was same letter & first number, then 2 or 3 digits apart in the last number...but it sounds on this post like you are saying those will just blend into the darker color anyway? This is exactly the problem I seem to be having, and yet I kept reading that this was how to pick a blending group...
Also, if I put down enough ink to make it just as dark on the back side (using GP white paper), I get a lot of feathering.
sigh...I need a class!!!!!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #44  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinkyfingersView Post
I actually changed my order after reading that a few times, that I had too many darks. Hopefully I did better though I can tell I already need more colors to blend with, which I expected. They came today so I was able to practice a little.......I need a bunch more practice!!!

Copic Spica Glitter Pens -Glitter 12pc. Set = $22.20
G09-Sketch Veronese Green= $3.95
BG01-Sketch Aqua Blue= $3.95
B63-Sketch Light Hydrangea= $3.95
E00-Sketch Skin White= $3.95
E02-Sketch Fruit Pink= $3.95
E31-Sketch Brick Beige= $3.95
G02-Sketch Spectrum Green= $3.95
G21-Sketch Lime Green= $3.95
R29-Sketch Lipstick Red= $3.95
RV21-Sketch Light Pink= $3.95
RV34-Sketch Dark Pink= $3.95
Y08-Sketch Acid Yellow= $3.95
Y17-Sketch Golden Yellow= $3.95
YG03-Sketch Yellow Green= $3.95
YG95-Sketch Pale Olive= $3.95
YR02-Sketch Light Orange= $3.95
YR07-Sketch Cadmium Orange= $3.95
B69-Sketch Stratospheric Blue= $3.95
B21-Sketch Baby Blue= $3.95
BG10-Sketch Cool Shadow= $3.95
BG05-Sketch Holiday Blue= $3.95
E25-Sketch Caribe Cocoa= $3.95
E34-Sketch Orientale= $3.95
YG63-Sketch Pea Green= $3.95
BV02-Sketch Prune= $3.95
BG000-Sketch Pale Aqua= $3.95
C1-Sketch Cool Gray= $3.95
N3-Sketch Neutral Gray= $3.95
W1-Sketch Warm Gray= $3.95
0-Sketch Colorless Blender= $3.95
110-Sketch Special Black= $3.95
BV08-Sketch Blue Violet= $3.95
BG72-Sketch Ice Ocean= $3.95
Copic Spica Glitter Pens -Clear Glitter Pen = $1.85

Thank you for congrats on the new job too. Unfortunatly I'm sick and couldn't go in today. Thankfully I've worked for this company for 15 yrs so it's not a "new" company. Still felt like a heel though!!

I plan to place another order before 3/1 when the prices go up. I was going to do some comparisons of what I have and what this thread says about the similar color ones here. Also plan to get lighter colors AND go a couple shades apart from those I have. I can tell already I want more in the brown/earthtone colors.

What do you suggest being your next order if you had these above?

Thanks!
I *thought* you had mentioned on the other thread that you had changed your order, but I wanted to mention it just in case.
I would be interested to see some of your practice I'll share mine too, so you'll feel good about how much better you are than I am LOL
As for the next order, I think it really depends on what you are coloring the most. I ordered a bunch already, and I also want more already! For me, I want more of the lighter colors...even some of the "00" ones aren't light enough for me. Seems like the samples I see have more highlight areas than I am able to create.
I just got my big order today, too, and had fun filling in charts!
I ordered a lot of the skin & hair recommended colors, several of the YG's because I read on a blog that these were good for doing foliage, and light blues for skies (which I mention on the other blog, I don't actually like them because they are too greenish!). So, now I realized I didn't get a lot of the lightest shades, such as G000 or Y000 unless I was already ordering from that family (if that makes any sense?!) so I want those colors at least.

Then again, I think, I have more markers than I ever thought I would need (over 50 if you include my Prismacolor markers) and so maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead (wallet-wise) LOL

Tell me which colors you LIKE (just based on a test swath) out of what you got, and I'll get my chart too...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

I want a class........I've been looking but I don't see anything offered around here. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #46  
Forum Fanatic

It might be my paper or the light, but I think R27 (Cadmium) and R29 (Lipstick) are very very close...R27 is a hair lighter and more orange-y
Also R59 and R89 are different but not as much as I expected...R89 is more purple. But I wouldn't have gotten both if I had known...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #47  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I *thought* you had mentioned on the other thread that you had changed your order, but I wanted to mention it just in case.
I would be interested to see some of your practice I'll share mine too, so you'll feel good about how much better you are than I am LOL
As for the next order, I think it really depends on what you are coloring the most. I ordered a bunch already, and I also want more already! For me, I want more of the lighter colors...even some of the "00" ones aren't light enough for me. Seems like the samples I see have more highlight areas than I am able to create.
I just got my big order today, too, and had fun filling in charts!
I ordered a lot of the skin & hair recommended colors, several of the YG's because I read on a blog that these were good for doing foliage, and light blues for skies (which I mention on the other blog, I don't actually like them because they are too greenish!). So, now I realized I didn't get a lot of the lightest shades, such as G000 or Y000 unless I was already ordering from that family (if that makes any sense?!) so I want those colors at least.

Then again, I think, I have more markers than I ever thought I would need (over 50 if you include my Prismacolor markers) and so maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead (wallet-wise) LOL

Tell me which colors you LIKE (just based on a test swath) out of what you got, and I'll get my chart too...
Yes, I changed it to more lighter and I took some notes of the colors used (like you did) for foliage. Toward the end of making my order, that took me days, I resolved to knowing I'd need more but currently I wanted to color snowmen, water/ice, foliage, nature scenes so I also took suggestions from those who colored a snowman and just added those to the order w/o too much thought or I'd still be adding and subtracting markers. Uncle Sam should be able to buy me some more before the end of the month so I'll be submitting another. DBF asked how practice went tonight, I told him I needed more! He asked how many I had, 33, he said he was sure I had enough, NO, there's 322 colors, I need more to blend with!! I've the fish from the Angler set I told him I want him to color as he's done taxidermy work he should be able to do it. I want to see how he does.

Well, that was quite a rambling.......cough syrup is kicking in.....time for bed I guess.......well, I'll read til I fall asleep!! I've MUCH to learn about these new loves of mine.

Oh, and I'll submit my mess, eeek, I suppose. I had some bleeding because I misread a blog but once I heat set, they were pretty much fine. It worked for practice tonight. Walmart had the GP paper but no momento ink. I can use my Adirondak on GP if I heat set but from what I've read momento will work better with it so I'll get that next time I'm at HL in town. I know I am NO better than you......I can promise you that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #48  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Yes, I changed it to more lighter and I took some notes of the colors used (like you did) for foliage. Toward the end of making my order, that took me days, I resolved to knowing I'd need more but currently I wanted to color snowmen, water/ice, foliage, nature scenes so I also took suggestions from those who colored a snowman and just added those to the order w/o too much thought or I'd still be adding and subtracting markers. Uncle Sam should be able to buy me some more before the end of the month so I'll be submitting another. DBF asked how practice went tonight, I told him I needed more! He asked how many I had, 33, he said he was sure I had enough, NO, there's 322 colors, I need more to blend with!! I've the fish from the Angler set I told him I want him to color as he's done taxidermy work he should be able to do it. I want to see how he does.

Well, that was quite a rambling.......cough syrup is kicking in.....time for bed I guess.......well, I'll read til I fall asleep!! I've MUCH to learn about these new loves of mine.

Oh, and I'll submit my mess, eeek, I suppose. I had some bleeding because I misread a blog but once I heat set, they were pretty much fine. It worked for practice tonight. Walmart had the GP paper but no momento ink. I can use my Adirondak on GP if I heat set but from what I've read momento will work better with it so I'll get that next time I'm at HL in town. I know I am NO better than you......I can promise you that!

I SOMETIMES get bleeding with the Memento, even (if I color over the black a lot, like a detailed image)...but I do have the best luck with it overall, except for embossing (which works the best for me, but it's a pain )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #49  
~~Just Jill~~

I just happened on this thread and I don't know if it has been posted or not, but
OOZAK.com is rising their prices in March and they are having the last of their
"to low to advertise price" So for all of you that use the Copics run to the site.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I want a class........I've been looking but I don't see anything offered around here. :(
I would email Marianne and ask her. Sometimes there are classes that are open to the public. I'm hoping to get into one near here in April.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #51  
Kookie Creator

I'm hoping to have more midwest classes this fall, for those of you interested.

As for my comment about colors being too dark... You use dark colors sparingly, and it's when you overuse them that they look alike.

Start by coloring an area entirely with a light color (ie B32 or B34), Add a touch of dark for your shadow (B37), and blend it in with your light color. Only when you soak the paper FIRST with your dark color do you lose the subtleties of the couple digit difference. So a little dab will do you. When you go back and darken the shadows with your darkest color (B39) you will really notice the difference, but jumping from B32 to B39 is very hard to do and still get a smooth blend (unless you use the technique of coloring onto plastic and picking it up like has been mentioned before)

Does this make any sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

subscribing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:04 AM   #53  
Forum Fanatic

Thank you, that did clear things up a bit...I do the light color first, and put the shadows on the edges...just doesn't look like other people on here ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
I'm hoping to have more midwest classes this fall, for those of you interested.

As for my comment about colors being too dark... You use dark colors sparingly, and it's when you overuse them that they look alike.

Start by coloring an area entirely with a light color (ie B32 or B34), Add a touch of dark for your shadow (B37), and blend it in with your light color. Only when you soak the paper FIRST with your dark color do you lose the subtleties of the couple digit difference. So a little dab will do you. When you go back and darken the shadows with your darkest color (B39) you will really notice the difference, but jumping from B32 to B39 is very hard to do and still get a smooth blend (unless you use the technique of coloring onto plastic and picking it up like has been mentioned before)

Does this make any sense?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #54  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Ditto!
Usually "Midwest" means Chicago, and that's 6-7 hours away...Even Cincinnati, OH is 4 hours...I'm rooting for Cleveland here! Anyone else? Maybe if there are enough of us she'll come here :mrgreen:

Here are some of my efforts lately: you can see where I made smudges at times, like the yellow spot on Grumpybella that wouldn't erase, and where it feathered at times, like under Sick Riley's chin (I use the blender to erase it, but sometimes it still shows a little--then I go over it with a shadow ;) ). In the Riley one I used the Bics on a palette to get the darker blue, so it did behave a little differently than the Copics would have...
I wasn't sure how to do the hooves...what do you think, what color should they be?
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Color Close-Enoughs-copic_bella_grumpy.jpg   Copic Color Close-Enoughs-copic_sick_riley.jpg   Copic Color Close-Enoughs-copic_sophie_knitting.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #55  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly ChickView Post
I am just starting to buy copics so I am subscribing to this thread. My dh will love the fact that I can save some money because I am a completer. If there are 322 colors available then, I want 322 colors, but if they are almost the same then, I don't feel the need to have them. KWIM

Pamela
Oh my gosh! This describes me to a 'T'. Glad to see that some of the colors are considered 'close enough' so I won't need them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Ditto!
Usually "Midwest" means Chicago, and that's 6-7 hours away...Even Cincinnati, OH is 4 hours...I'm rooting for Cleveland here! Anyone else? Maybe if there are enough of us she'll come here :mrgreen:

Here are some of my efforts lately: you can see where I made smudges at times, like the yellow spot on Grumpybella that wouldn't erase, and where it feathered at times, like under Sick Riley's chin (I use the blender to erase it, but sometimes it still shows a little--then I go over it with a shadow ;) ). In the Riley one I used the Bics on a palette to get the darker blue, so it did behave a little differently than the Copics would have...
I wasn't sure how to do the hooves...what do you think, what color should they be?
I think these look awesome for still being a newbie. I've forgotten to kind of shadow around my images. I love your shadowing and how well your blending looks. I gotta say I did better than I expected. Some of my images I think looked better earlier on but since I was playing they got a little out of hand. You'll see when I post them, hopefully tomorrow. GREAT JOB!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Ditto!

Totally willing to shack up in Chicago if need be for a class. I can drive to Michigan City, take the SouthShore and I'll be there!!! Just tell me when!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:31 AM   #58  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I think these look awesome for still being a newbie. I've forgotten to kind of shadow around my images. I love your shadowing and how well your blending looks. I gotta say I did better than I expected. Some of my images I think looked better earlier on but since I was playing they got a little out of hand. You'll see when I post them, hopefully tomorrow. GREAT JOB!
Thanks, I can't wait to see yours!
I think I need better glasses when I'm coloring, because I couldn't see some of the smudges until I took these pics and saw them blown up on my screen, arrgh
Oh, and I had the wrong one when I mentioned feathering under the chin, it was worse on Knitting Sophie than Sick Riley (just to clarify!)

And, my apologies to CJBAPP for hijacking this thread! :( I thought about it last night, as I was waiting for Missinkyfingers to post her creation, that this was supposed to be about Copic "close enoughs"! Sorry!

Maybe we should start a "share your learning on Copics" thread?!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:34 AM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I think I need better glasses when I'm coloring, because I couldn't see some of the smudges until I took these pics and saw them blown up on my screen, arrgh
Oh, and I had the wrong one when I mentioned feathering under the chin, it was worse on Knitting Sophie than Sick Riley (just to clarify!)

And, my apologies to CJBAPP for hijacking this thread! :( I thought about it last night, as I was waiting for Missinkyfingers to post her creation, that this was supposed to be about Copic "close enoughs"! Sorry!

I didn't start it...LOL

I still think we really need a copic sticky with all the important info on the first page and then the chatter after it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #60  
Kookie Creator

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #61  
First To Quack

Y000 & Y00 are the same to me, also B01 & B02 are the same. Bv02 & BV 04 are looking awfully close to me too.

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #62  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachboundView Post
Y000 & Y00 are the same to me, also B01 & B02 are the same. Bv02 & BV 04 are looking awfully close to me too.
oppps! when coloring the sky the Bs are different! sorry....off to double check those yellows! Yellows are still way too close! ;)

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

oppps! when coloring the sky the Bs are different! sorry....off to double check those yellows! Yellows are still way too close! ;)
I am so glad you came back with this...I just looked at my chart and was gonna say that I DISAGREE on the BVs...LOL...wasn't ready for a war.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #64  
First To Quack

oh that's funny!! This has shown me that I should just color a swipe onto my chart to tell what the color looks like. Using it on a picture is much different from a wee swipe on the chart.

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #65  
First To Quack

that should be *should NOT* color just a swipe....darn edit button!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #66  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I have finally found some time to upload my practice coloring...........let me know what you think. Most of this practicing was getting a feel for the markers and how things blended so not really coloring to perfection or anything. My next attempt will be attempting to color more perfectly and not experimenting with the way colors change as I add and blend, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Color Close-Enoughs-angler.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, here are some others, I wanted to make sure the one picture worked first. My first time uploading to a post, sorry.

Copic Color Close-Enoughs-angler-fish.jpg

Copic Color Close-Enoughs-copic-practice-1.jpg

Copic Color Close-Enoughs-copic-practice.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

Obviously I did them different the second time........oh well, it all worked!!

Off to do VSN ~ FINALLY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #69  
Stampin' Fool

The coloring looks great!!! Aren't they fun?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #70  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you and YES, they are!!! I seriously need some Momento ink though so I don't have to heat set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 06:31 AM   #71  
First To Quack

Has anyone started an example book like Mariann talked about? I think I will make one with my Bind-it-all so I can keep track of what works & what doesn't.

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Has anyone started an example book like Mariann talked about? I think I will make one with my Bind-it-all so I can keep track of what works & what doesn't.
I thought about it...and decided I don't have enough time to make samples AND cards...LOL

I do keep my hand-color chart handy all the time and just look at that when choosing colors to use instead of the end caps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #73  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
I thought about it...and decided I don't have enough time to make samples AND cards...LOL

I do keep my hand-color chart handy all the time and just look at that when choosing colors to use instead of the end caps.
I am always amazed when trying to color match a paper. The caps on these markers are nothing like the marker itself. I am so glad I filled in one of those charts w/the colors I have. Much easier to find the right one. Then test it on the paper I will use to make sure it is still the right color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #74  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Okay, here are some others, I wanted to make sure the one picture worked first. My first time uploading to a post, sorry.

Attachment 135758

Attachment 135759

Attachment 135760
Looks good! I really really like the fish with all those colors, and that happy lady with all the goodies in front of her with the bright colors!

I guess no one else likes my coloring, as you are the only one to comment, and usually several people comment on such postings! :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #75  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

R39 and R89 are almost identical. RV21 and RV11 are very close.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #76  
Inking Addict

I love to work with my copic markers. I have a question about storing them. Should I keep them vertical or horizontal? I would be interested in a class. I'm in Missouri.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #77  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Looks good! I really really like the fish with all those colors, and that happy lady with all the goodies in front of her with the bright colors!

I guess no one else likes my coloring, as you are the only one to comment, and usually several people comment on such postings! :rolleyes:
When we were putting the colors of the fish together I was like, these are dark colors.........but it all worked out.

I think you did a fine job and I think you should post your work anytime, I'd like to see how you're coming along. I wish for my practice this weekend but I got tied up in VSN and schoolwork!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #78  
Matboard Maniac

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #79  
Die Cut Diva

I haven't got time to read the whole thread, but note that the colors also depend to a certain degree on the paper you are using. What looks similar on one paper might not on another.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #80  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat NagyView Post
I love to work with my copic markers. I have a question about storing them. Should I keep them vertical or horizontal? I would be interested in a class. I'm in Missouri.

Storing - either horizontally or vertically. Isn't that nice?

For upcoming classes, check out this site: http://www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/
Marianne posts on upcoming classes periodically. Check her Feb. 14 post, she has some info. there.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes