Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2009, 02:39 AM   #81  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by valeriecathleenView Post
Yes - same street - Route 102/Broadway about a half a block away on the opposite side of the street.
Great. Thank you for the info. Now how do I talk dh into taking me to both places. hehehe... we usually go to the restaurant for our Anniv or birthday. Love that restaurant.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:12 AM   #82  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathycView Post
I frequent all of these and also shop at Inkaboutit in Westford; how lucky are we to have 4 LSS's within an hour or less drive??? I hadn't made it to Amandalinz yet; it is sad that they are closing; Have you heard about the Crafter's Shop Hop that is going on? There are (were) 12 stores involved; you buy a passport at any one of them for $5 then you bring it to any or all of the stores and get 20% off your total purchase for the day! All of these stores are on the list but sadly, Amandalinz won't be participating so I'm guessing this happened rather suddenly.
I {heart} ink About it! Such a great selection of stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 AM   #83  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 606 Likes on 426 Posts

I agree about the 2 stores, it is really sad to see them go. But I know that I have cut back on my spending as I am sure most of us have. The one place I did spend a lot was Ink About it. My 2 other pass purchases have not been that much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:38 AM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosMomView Post
2 of the LSS newsletters have mentioned that Scrappbooker's Discount in Rhode Island will be closing in a few weeks....they will account for it accordingly on the Shop Hop passport. I'm not familiar with it....but sad now 2 stores are closing in a short period of time:(

Enjoy your trip to Tewksbury!:p

It IS very sad that two stores are closing.:( How do they account for it on the Shop Hop Passport? I've been to Absolutely Everything (it's barely 20 minutes from my house) and I'm hoping to get to Tewksbury tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me how wheelchair accessible the Tewksbury store is? I have a terrible time at Absolutely Everything -- the aisles are very narrow and don't accomodate a wheelchair really well.

Thanks for the guidance,

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #85  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside RoseView Post
It IS very sad that two stores are closing.:( How do they account for it on the Shop Hop Passport? I've been to Absolutely Everything (it's barely 20 minutes from my house) and I'm hoping to get to Tewksbury tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me how wheelchair accessible the Tewksbury store is? I have a terrible time at Absolutely Everything -- the aisles are very narrow and don't accomodate a wheelchair really well.

Thanks for the guidance,

Cathy
I'm not sure about all of the stores, but I did read that Ink About it will give you a stamp on your pass for the stores that have closed. ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #86  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks for the guidance,

Cathy
Cathy,
You need to be sure you go in the back door. She does have a lot in there, but most displays are on wheels and the owner seems like she would be helpful in moving things. The entrance is small. If I get there today, I will be sure to look around and let you know what I think.
Pia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:50 AM   #87  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks for the guidance,

Cathy
I agree, you will get credit for visiting the closed stores. The trouble is there is no official word from the RI store yet.

I was thinking about your wheelchair ? again, I think you should call and see what she says. I will still let you know what I think, I hope to get there and I will be sure to bring my stroller for a better assessment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 AM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely call before I go. DH takes me, since I can no longer drive (bad coordination, bad eyes, terrible reflexes) and he's gotten really good at moving things on wheels to minimize any damage I could do crashing into things.

I'm still not clear about the Passport thing. Do you mean that you can use it at a place you've already been to instead of one that's closing?

Thanks again!

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #89  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely call before I go. DH takes me, since I can no longer drive (bad coordination, bad eyes, terrible reflexes) and he's gotten really good at moving things on wheels to minimize any damage I could do crashing into things.

I'm still not clear about the Passport thing. Do you mean that you can use it at a place you've already been to instead of one that's closing?

Thanks again!

Cathy

Since the idea of the Shop Hop was to visit all the stores and then be eligible for the grand drawing, I believe that they are giving credit as if you visited the 2 stores. That's what I understood anyway. You can call one of them to be sure.

Scrapbookers Dream in Tewksbury is well packed and some of the aisles are a little narrower but the last time I was there, a woman in a wheelchair was making her rounds shopping - on her own...so it is doable...but you may want to check anyway. And Yes....go around to the back entrance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 06:56 AM   #90  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I think you can maneuver with your chair, I was there today for the yard sale.
Pia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #91  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess the Rhode Island store is closing next week. I asked in Tewksbury yesterday and she mentioned it again today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMRView Post
I think you can maneuver with your chair, I was there today for the yard sale.
Pia

Hi, Pia,

DH and I went on a field trip today to Tewksbury and Westford. While it was tight in a few places, we managed just fine in Tewksbury and had a great time at the yard sale. I got a whole bag full of fab stamps and I found some new BG paper I had been lusting for in a big way. Laurie (I'm probably spelling it totally wrong) was most helpful and accommodating.... she is expanding and that will make the shop even more accessible. Yay! Definitely a shop I'll visit again!

I love Absolutely Everything, mostly because it's barely 20 minutes from my home and if I need something in a pinch, DH can make a quick run for me and get me whatever I need. But there are places in that store that I just can't get to and even if I stop for a minute to browse, I'm in somebody's way. Lucky for me, DH loves to "shop" (I am truly blessed :cool and he will go down the aisles that I simply can't maneuver and bring things for me to look at. He knows what I like and has a general sense of what I need, so that helps, but I wish I could just immerse myself and browse like a "normal" person. (Although it's probably just as well I can't or I'd be dead broke LOL.)

We wrapped up the afternoon in Westford at Ink About It. I had more room to maneuver there and found a few really unique stamps there, but I don't know, it didn't seem as warm and friendly to me (not the staff, the other customers - some were downright rude!) -- maybe I was just too tired to really appreciate it. By the time we got there I was pretty tuckered out and I am rebounding from a dose of chemo earlier in the week, so I'm a bit wiped, but it wasn't a fun stop for me.

All in all, it's been nice getting out and seeing the different stores. Of course, I need MORE stamps, paper, whatever like a need a hole in my head. I have enough stuff right now to open my own store!

Now I need to get back to card making!

Happy Weekend, everyone!

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #93  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Cathy,
I hate to say but I agree about Ink About it. I usually go during the week and have to drag my youngest son along. He is 4 and it is pretty boring for him, I try to bring an activity for him, but that does not always keep his attention. I have to really need something to go there and deal with the stares we get!

I am glad you could maneuver in Tewksbury, Laurie is really nice--she is adding some stamp lines soon.

I like AE they always have what I need, but I do find it a little more expensive than the other stores. It is a nice ride every so often though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 03:46 AM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMRView Post
Cathy,
I hate to say but I agree about Ink About it. > . I have to really need something to go there and deal with the stares we get!

I am glad you could maneuver in Tewksbury, Laurie is really nice--she is adding some stamp lines soon.

I like AE they always have what I need, but I do find it a little more expensive than the other stores. It is a nice ride every so often though.
Pia, You get stares with a young child, you should have seen the looks WE got with a wheelchair and a husband doting on me by reaching for stamps for me! I like to think they were all simply jealous because here was DH snagging stamps for me to look more closely at, and asking, "Honey, would you like this one, and what about this one? ...." and never saying, "Can we go now?" Or, "Do you really need that?" He was the only husband in the store while we were there.... the only male, come to think of it LOL.

But truthfully, I don't think that was the case -- it was more like they were irritated that we were there at all, in THEIR way.... especially when DH would politely ask them to move so he could push me closer to things I wanted to look at. And it wasn't people who were shopping and browsing that he was asking if they could move, but women who were simply chitchatting in the middle of the aisle and blocking the way. The looks they gave him would have been humorous if the whole situation wasn't so personally painful and offensive. I was really uncomfortable and nothing short of a personal invitation to a 90% off sale would probably get me there again.

Laurie was so pleasant and helpful and just so very friendly. It's a hike to get there for us, but I will definitely shop there on a regular basis, especially once she enlarges the store, which is happening this and next month. She has some really nice paper lines, and she told me she has a yard sale every 4 months. I spent $25 at her "yard sale" and got the most gorgeous stamps -- I must have been there right after you LOL.... (you didn't see someone in a wheelchair, did you LOL.) I'm sure some of the stamps I got were oldies but goodies, but they were new to me, and my taste exactly. I can't wait to ink them up. There was also a set of 10 butterflies for $2 that I already have, but I bought it for my friend Robyn.

You're right about the prices at AE... they are a bit higher than Michael's and AC Moore, but I've been able to make it work for me with the sales she has and with the coupons. And the stamp selection is amazing there. The first time I went there, she had most of Tim Holtz' stuff 50% off and that alone offset any "extra" for me for an entire year LOL.

IAI is an hour from here, so I wouldn't ever dash there for anything, but AE is less than 20 minutes on the back roads and it's a pleasant country ride. From the very first time I ever went there, which was just a couple of months ago, mind you, when my best friend, Robyn, decided I needed to make a field trip, when we go in there, we are always greeted so warmly and they seem genuinely happy to see us. They always tease me about my husband, who LOVES to shop and loves it there... and they always remind us that most of the racks at the ends of rows are on wheels, move whatever you need to get around, and they will often come and move stuff if they see me heading in a certain direction.

But it's really tough for me to get in the center aisle and in the paper aisles, even with my smallest manual wheelchair. I've been doing better lately, though, and the last time we went, we brought quad canes so DH could hold me up and I could take a few steps here and there to see things. That was so liberating! It was also expensive LOL. I found sooo many things I loved!

SnceAE's at least 10 minutes closer to me than either AC Moore or Michael's, and no traffoc, no trouble parking, and much help once I get there, it's often worth it to me to spend a little extra unless the others are having a mega sale. Plus, I can give DH a list and send him to AE and he can give the list over to one of the gals and come back with exactly what I need. And of course, she keeps track of what you spend there and you get a $20 coupon after every $200 you spend.

Traveling for us is logistically very difficult because it's not just a wheelchair that's involved but oxygen, a feeding tube, sometimes a ventilator, so I had gotten into the habit of ordering on-line and having DH and my friend Robyn shop for me. Robyn dragged me to AE one day -- God Bless Her!!!! - she took pix of our expedition. I should put them on my blog. I had a BLAST. I also spent a small fortune, but I was like a kid in a candy store. I think that once the weather is warmer, I'll be more eager to venture out, but it's been nice visiting the different stores and seeing everyuthing that's out there.

Thanks for all the guidance... we definitely had a blast yesterday! (Totally ruined my stamp to spend budget LOL.)

Cathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 04:20 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am kind of with you guys on Ink About It....if I go there with my kids which I have at one point brought all 3 imagine the stares on that one. It's not very comfortable but if I go there by myself it's not so bad and depending on the day also. I find them a little cold there.
Most of the times I go to AE I usually have at least one kid with me and no problems or weird stares or anything. I think I go there so often they know me too.
Also we went to a store in Amherst NH I think....It's relatively new and they had a nice room for kids to play in....of course I didn't have the kids with me but it was nice to see. A lot of us scrapbookers have kids so it's kind of in their best interest to invest in kids stuff. Just my opinion.
G
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusannkView Post
I am kind of with you guys on Ink About It....if I go there with my kids which I have at one point brought all 3 imagine the stares on that one. It's not very comfortable ....... > ..... I find them a little cold there.

Most of the times I go to AE ..... I think I go there so often they know me too.

Also we went to a store in Amherst NH I think....It's relatively new and they had a nice room for kids to play in.... > ..... A lot of us scrapbookers have kids so it's kind of in their best interest to invest in kids stuff.....
It's funny how each store has a personality all of it's own, and it either grabs you and drags you in, or it can be so off-putting.

I absolutely agree with you about having some kid friendly areas in the stores plus things that appeal to kids. Let's face it, who is actually scrapbooking????? Moms!!! And Grandmoms!!! To leave albums for their kids!

I absolutely love it when I go to AE and I see moms with their sons or daughters looking for things to work on together. What a fabulous sense of "family" that creates. My "baby" LOVES the pages I make about and for him. He has taken me on more jaunts to buy adhesives and such, and then he'll see a sticker pack or something and then it's "Oh, Mom, can you use this on a page for ME???" Love it. In fact, I have an album started in my gallery of pages I've made for DS... need to upload some more. :cool:

My kids are all grown up -- my own youngest is 22 and my step-son is 19. But I remember when my daughter was that age and how I used to love to do those kinds of things with the kids. (Nope, no grandkids yet.) I miss those days, yes, but I do enjoy my almost empty nest as well LOL.

I think the store in Amherst is the one that just closed. :( That's too bad if it is. Sounds like you and your kiddos would have had a great time there.

Do you live fairly close to AE? If so, we probably live fairly close to one another. If so, PM me... it would be fun to get together to scrap or make cards.

And if anyone in the area wants to come and hunker down here for the February VSN, do drop a line. I have a fabulous work space, all kinds of tools and toys to share, lots of room to spread out, and if you want to do both VSN days here, you can leave your stuff set out for the duration. It'll be as close to a retreat weekend as you can get without actually going to a hotel -- breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets are included.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

No the store that I went to is called Scrapbook cabin I believe. It's a fairly new store that we heard about when we were at the Paper Tree in Manchester, NH so we decided to try and find it. It's very cute and so nicely decorated. You can google it and check it out I think they have a website.
I am about 15 to 20 minutes or so away from AE but unfortunately do not get to get out very often to craft with 3 kids and a DH who works crazy hours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

No the store that I went to is called Scrapbook cabin I believe. It's a fairly new store ...... It's very cute and so nicely decorated.
I'll have to check that out!

Quote:

I am about 15 to 20 minutes or so away from AE but unfortunately do not get to get out very often to craft with 3 kids and a DH who works crazy hours.
Well, if you ever have a chance to break free, even for a few hours, you're always welcome. Being homebound with medical issues is so isolating - I'm always delighted to have visitors in to scrap, stamp, or just chat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 04:30 AM   #99  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I made a trip to Wholly Scrap yesterday. I bought some paper. I thought they added more stamps, but there was not too many. I drove by a store that had Paper in the name, but I was too tired to stop. My oldest son and I went to Kittery to get some new clothes for our trip to France in April.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #100  
Die Cut Diva

Scrapbook Cabin's website is http://www.nhscrapbookcabin.com I live about 20 minutes from there and didn't know it even existed! I just might have to visit this week when I'm out that way! What's the name of the store in Tewksbury? Is she still having her yard sale or is that all over now?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #101  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I have not been to the scrapbook cabin, I think it is close to Amandalinz. The Tewskbury store is Scrapbookers Dream http://www.thescrapbookersdream.net/

The yard sale was a one day thing, I thing she has them every so often.
Pia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #102  
Pearl-ExPert

Laurie at Scrapbooker's Dream told us she has a yard sale every 4 months.

Thnaks for the link to the NH store. Wow, looks like a great store! It's more than an hour for us to get there, but we'll probably make a field trip this spring. I'm so overloaded with stuff right now, I can barely move in my stamp room!

Thanks again for all the info!

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #103  
Mad Swapper

OK - all you "in the area" people - have you heard about the Creative Keepsakes convention in Manchester in May??? Lots of classes, a huge vendor fair and an all around good time! Here's the link:

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/A...b-453e46949700

See ya there! :o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 03:13 AM   #104  

Quote:

No the store that I went to is called Scrapbook cabin I believe. It's a fairly new store that we heard about when we were at the Paper Tree in Manchester, NH so we decided to try and find it. It's very cute and so nicely decorated. You can google it and check it out I think they have a website.
I know right where the Cabin is. I will have to remember this the next time we go to my bil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #105  

Quote:

OK - all you "in the area" people - have you heard about the Creative Keepsakes convention in Manchester in May??? Lots of classes, a huge vendor fair and an all around good time! Here's the link:

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/A...b-453e46949700

See ya there! :o)
I plan on going.. Kathyc (my sil) and I have been going for the past three or so years. Hope to meet up with some of you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #106  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, we love the convention; I think we need to wear name tags so we can spot each other! I went to Scrapbookers Dream Saturday; I think I might have just missed some of you, :( I got there at about 2:30 or so; not too much left in the yard sale so I HAD to buy new stuff, LOL! I got some nice things from Wholly Scrap for Christmas and have been wanting to get there ever since; Diana??? You must know where that is, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #107  

Quote:

Yep, we love the convention; I think we need to wear name tags so we can spot each other! I went to Scrapbookers Dream Saturday; I think I might have just missed some of you, :( I got there at about 2:30 or so; not too much left in the yard sale so I HAD to buy new stuff, LOL! I got some nice things from Wholly Scrap for Christmas and have been wanting to get there ever since; Diana??? You must know where that is, right?
Do I know where Wholly Scrap is??? yes, of course.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #108  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I went to Scrapbookers Dream Saturday; I think I might have just missed some of you... :(
You had to have been there while I was there.... we left there exactly at 3 PM... I was the gal in the w/c with the husband, looking for pink rose print paper for Valentine table decorations.....:cool:

Quote:

I got there at about 2:30 or so; not too much left in the yard sale so I HAD to buy new stuff, LOL!
Sorry, my fault, I bought up all the really good stuff that was left, just before you got there!:twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #109  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessdi69View Post
I plan on going.. Kathyc (my sil) and I have been going for the past three or so years. Hope to meet up with some of you.
I went last year. Would love to go again this year and meet up with some of you!! I'm actually graduating from my Masters Program on that Saturday - but plan on going on Friday most likely.

Anyone planning on taking any classes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #110  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post
I went last year. Would love to go again this year and meet up with some of you!! I'm actually graduating from my Masters Program on that Saturday - but plan on going on Friday most likely.

Anyone planning on taking any classes?
What a big day for you!!! Good Luck.

Usually we take two classes on Saturday but I will look for a class on friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 03:28 AM   #111  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

WOW!!! Mega congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 03:36 AM   #112  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

OK - all you "in the area" people - have you heard about the Creative Keepsakes convention in Manchester in May??? Lots of classes, a huge vendor fair and an all around good time!
I can't go that weekend, but if anyone wants to get together to work together over the weekend of 2/20-2/21 (the next VSN), please be in touch via PM or email.

I'm hosting a "marathon weekend" here... we have a huge work area, lots of room to spread out, and the next best thing to going away to a hotel for a retreat LOL (no husbands looking for dinner, no kids looking for anything, and plenty of food ).

Two friends are already coming but I would love to have a couple of gals from SCS who live in the area join us. I have most of the major tools and toys (Cricut Expression, Cuttlebug, and more) and everything in my studio is available to share....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #113  
Crimping Master

There is another great scrapbooking/stamping store in Laconia, nh. I think it is called stamping memories
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:00 AM   #114  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

WOW!!! Mega congratulations!
thank you guys!! I am very excited to FINALLY be done with it (but a teeny weeny part of me is bummed that CKC is on the same day, HA!!!)

:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #115  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessdi69View Post
What a big day for you!!! Good Luck.

Usually we take two classes on Saturday but I will look for a class on friday.
Hi Diana - do let me know if there are any Friday classes you will be taking. last year I was sort of pitiful walking around by myself - would be great to meet up with some people :-D

should we start another thread somewhere about CKC in Manchester, NH - so that we can do some planning? Or perhaps there is already one started somewhere?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #116  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I can't go that weekend, but if anyone wants to get together to work together over the weekend of 2/20-2/21 (the next VSN), please be in touch via PM or email.

I'm hosting a "marathon weekend" here... we have a huge work area, lots of room to spread out, and the next best thing to going away to a hotel for a retreat LOL (no husbands looking for dinner, no kids looking for anything, and plenty of food ).

Two friends are already coming but I would love to have a couple of gals from SCS who live in the area join us. I have most of the major tools and toys (Cricut Expression, Cuttlebug, and more) and everything in my studio is available to share....
thanks for the invite! Very kind of you! I'm actually going to be out of town that weekend but perhaps another time - sounds like a great setup you've got there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 07:47 AM   #117  
Pearl-ExPert

I just found this thread. I didn't know about some of the stores. I live on MA/NH border near Brookline, NH. I frequently go to Ink About It in Westford (however they are closed on my two days off, so I try to go on Thursdays or Saturdays after work). Since, I work in Tewksbury, I have gone to The Scrapbooker's Dream several times and took a class there. My bf lives near Topsfield so I have been to Absolutely Everything and get there newsletter as well as Ink About It's. I went to The Scrapbook Cupboard in E Bridgewater? once over a yr ago to meet a scrapping friend...love that store! But too far to drive...about 2 hrs from me. I love hearing about scrapbooking places in MA and NH and close to me. Would love to meet up with some of you gals as well;)

I just love all the info in this thread. I usually will go on google to find sites in NH or MA and I found that Wholly Scrap that way and a couple of others too. I will subscribe to this thread to keep updated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #118  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

thanks for the invite! Very kind of you! I'm actually going to be out of town that weekend but perhaps another time - sounds like a great setup you've got there!
I am blessed in that we have a great room that we can shift the furniture in to fit 4 banquet tables to lay out tools and supplies and cutting places, and 6 banquet tables for 6 people to be able to comfortably spread out. In my studio, two people can work comfortably and I don't have to even move stuff upstairs to the great room.

Since I am totally disabled and no longer physically able to drive, I am really very isolated. DH is fabulous about taking me out and about, and I have some friends who will come and take me out as well. We have a w/c van that is a converted Town and Country so it's simple to drive, but you've all been to a lot of these stores... need I say more! Add a huge wheelchair, a feeding tube, oxygen, and a vent to the mix and well, traveling anywhere, never mind a store with narrow aisles, is a logistical nightmare. It is a joy for me when someone comes here to spend an evening, and afternoon, or a day scrapping or making cards. Since my friends all work, their recreation time is limited, but I usually have someone in once or twice a month. That still leaves me with a lot of "alone" time.

Before my health, which was already failing, crashed in a big way last year, I routinely planned "marathons" for one weekend a month. I went into acute respiratory failure last year and it's been a long and hard road back. The weekend of 2/20-2/21 is my first marathon weekend since my health has started to improve and it was more coincidental than not that I scheduled it for a VSN weekend.... I was actually scheduling around my chemo schedule.

I would also like to get to know more people in the area who are actively involved in this, hoping to find gals to work with on an occasional/regular basis, and hope that next year I can actually get out more to classes and conferences. I used to teach at weekend retreats before I got sick and I really miss it. It's been a tough few years, but finally we're seeing some progress. I am so, so lucky.

So consider this an open invitation to be in touch if you live within an easy commute of Newburyport.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You had to have been there while I was there.... we left there exactly at 3 PM... I was the gal in the w/c with the husband, looking for pink rose print paper for Valentine table decorations.....:cool:

Sorry, my fault, I bought up all the really good stuff that was left, just before you got there!:twisted:
Hi Cathy,

It must have been later than I thought when I got there; I worked til at least 2:15 in Methuen; I had read this thread so I would have approached you if I saw the WC and supportive husband!!! Sorry I missed you;
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #120  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hi Cathy,

It must have been later than I thought when I got there; I worked til at least 2:15 in Methuen; I had read this thread so I would have approached you if I saw the WC and supportive husband!!! Sorry I missed you;
Sorry too!

There were a few other customers there while we were there (one wanted to take my hubby LOL), but I wouldn't recognize them again, and it's hard from a small avatar to recognize someone if you aren't expecting them. The wheelchair does make me stand out in a crowd -- figuratively, of course LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes