Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #161  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanjat67View Post
I would like to do more christmas cards as I didn't have the time this year. I will also make my own chocolates, sweets that I didn't get time to do this year. Also does anyone have an idea on how to do a check list of things that they want to do and then mark it of. I was thinking of putting it on my blog so I know what I need to do to get ready for christmas next year but I'm not sure how to go about this.

Any ideas or help would be appre ciated.

Thanks

Tanja

Organizedchristmas.com has a whole system that works really well. They have free print outs that you can use step by step countdown of what you should do each week to get everything organized.

http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/index.php is the board that works with the system. They basically have one day a month they work on each holiday, 25th of each month for Christmas, 31st for Halloween, etc. so it does not become the crunch the week before.

I love the information, I printed a huge organized binder, just never put it all into play. :rolleyes:

I am working on it this week to update the binder, my addresses, birthday, etc and really hope to make it happen this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #162  
Insane Embellisher

Jenn, I love that site. It was recommended a little earlier in this thread and it is sooooo nice. Thanks so much for including the board that goes with it. I did not even know they had a board...duh me! I pay too much to be blonde most days! I have printed a few pages that I think I would actually use and if I see that I might want some additional pages..the joy is that you can go and print them anytime.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #163  
Insane Embellisher

In the past two days...I have made 22 pairs of earrings. They are going on my gift list so I know I have them. I made them for the next six month birthdays and made my snow people and swarski (spelling??? swaroksi..something like that) tree earrings for next christmas. I will upload pics to here or my blog or both...LOL. When I figure out how to change my siggy on here....I will put it at the bottom. Now, off to try and figure that out.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:47 AM   #164  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin's MomView Post
Organizedchristmas.com has a whole system that works really well. They have free print outs that you can use step by step countdown of what you should do each week to get everything organized.

http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/index.php is the board that works with the system. They basically have one day a month they work on each holiday, 25th of each month for Christmas, 31st for Halloween, etc. so it does not become the crunch the week before.

I love the information, I printed a huge organized binder, just never put it all into play. :rolleyes:

I am working on it this week to update the binder, my addresses, birthday, etc and really hope to make it happen this year.

This site is great and the gifts I made so far are now in my binder on my gift closet list. I am vowing to not over buy this year and to keep duplicates out of my craft space. I am horrible about this. I only printed out a few of the forms/sheets because I am like you in that I print everything out and the then become overwhelmed with keeping up with all the cool pages. So I am trying this smaller version.....we will see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #165  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by clsmithView Post
In the past two days...I have made 22 pairs of earrings. They are going on my gift list so I know I have them. I made them for the next six month birthdays and made my snow people and swarski (spelling??? swaroksi..something like that) tree earrings for next christmas. I will upload pics to here or my blog or both...LOL. When I figure out how to change my siggy on here....I will put it at the bottom. Now, off to try and figure that out.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Swarovski, and those are REALLY the nicest crystals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #166  
Insane Embellisher

Well, how is everyone doing on their quest for starting this new year off with Christmas/holidays in mind?

So far so good for me....howzabout you all??!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #167  
Die Cut Diva

Here is something I am working on perfecting: Lotion Jar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #168  
Die Cut Diva

And another one: Pink GladWare It's like trial and error, eventually I will get it right. Maybe I'll find what I like by next Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #169  
Insane Embellisher

Judy, these are really nice. I plan on trying the lotion recipe a little later in the month. Is that the kind of jars from the midwest bottle company (silver lid). I love how you used the gladware container...I would have never thought about that. Great job and BTW love your blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #170  
Crimping Master

Smile

Too cute - love the penguins!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
Here is something I am working on perfecting: Lotion Jar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #171  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardLadyTooView Post
Too cute - love the penguins!!
I know are they not adorable or what?? I think she is well on her way to perfecting her jar designs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #172  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Both of your containers are really cute!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #173  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm subbing to keep me motivated this year!

Here's an idea I used this Christmas that someone my like . . . I have 3 great nephews and 1 great niece aged 5 and 6 years. I made them paper craft baskets . . . sorry, no pics but I'll describe . . .

I picked up some little plastic baskets and long frames at the $$ store (the frames had a mat in them for three photos side by side but the mat can be removed. I got colored pencils, markers and glue sticks at the before school sales. I added a spool of ribbon (the kind that goes on sale for 4/$1 all the time).

I included three craft kits --
1) the makings for 6 cards with envelopes. White card stock for the card bases then solid color card stock for the fronts, then patterned paper, another solid to mat a pre-stamped image and a pre-stamped sentiment. I used line stamps so they could color in the images. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Making cards is lots of fun. Please send us one when you are done."
2) the makings for a name frame. A piece of DP the size of the frame, die-cut letters to spell each of their names, die cuts and stickers in a theme to match the DP, some ribbon, a few buttons and brads. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Put these bits into the frame And make something that spells your name."
3) the makings for a snowman decoration. A rectangular piece of chipboard, a piece of felt the same size (both pre-punched with holes to thread ribbon through for hanging), several layers of solid and patterned paper and a stamped image of a snowman (again, a line stamp that could be colored). I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Winter won't be ending soon, So make a decoration for your room."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #174  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

And another one: Pink GladWare It's like trial and error, eventually I will get it right. Maybe I'll find what I like by next Christmas.
I love this idea, the container issue has kept me from making the lotion but I could do this.

Also trying to get some baby food jars from sister in law.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:25 AM   #175  
Die Cut Diva

The lotion in the silver lidded jars were found at my local grocery store. They are Ball jars, called Classic Elite and are 8 ounces. I bought a four pack for just under four dollars.

Besides MidWest Bottle I found a place called SKS. I don't recall their full name. They sell for a bit less than MidWest depending on what you want. You have to buy a full set of 12 or 24 in the size you choose. I have not ordered from either place. Now that I know that I like the 8 oz size best, this is who I would order from so I can get a good price and have them on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #176  
Watercolor Wizard

Target also had those Ball jars, I got a load on clearance. They'll mostly show up during canning season. I think they're SO cute! You can also get quarter pint canning jars, they'd be fine for small gifts of lotion, etc. And how about Prima bottles? Do your flowers NEED to live in the bottles? (mine don't) I also have a stash of glass jars from a brand called Polar. They're shaped like almost oval crocks, with little handle sticking out on the sides. I have gotten little cherry tomatoes, strawberries, and other fruit in these at the grocery store (and used to find at Walmart). Those are so cute, I actually bought the tomatoes more for the jars than the tomatoes (although DH doesn't care what brand the tomatoes are, as long as he gets some for breakfast on the weekend-he's a Brit). Another place to check out is World Market. They tend to have tons of relatively inexpensive glassware. I also alert friends, who save anything interesting for me (if I don't use it, I can always recycle it).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #177  
Watercolor Wizard

Oh, and I bought myself both a big desk calendar pad and 2 notebook type weekly organizers to help me with keeping track of things.
By the way, Target has black spot dollar items 75% off. And Christmas clearance is 75% off. I bought a ton of take out containers for next year, and a bunch of little stockings, and small giftie things at 25 cents. I keep a gift crate (used to be a drawer, but the stuff outgrew the space) of items I can dip into for giving occasions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #178  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' SoozView Post
I'm subbing to keep me motivated this year!

Here's an idea I used this Christmas that someone my like . . . I have 3 great nephews and 1 great niece aged 5 and 6 years. I made them paper craft baskets . . . sorry, no pics but I'll describe . . .

I picked up some little plastic baskets and long frames at the $$ store (the frames had a mat in them for three photos side by side but the mat can be removed. I got colored pencils, markers and glue sticks at the before school sales. I added a spool of ribbon (the kind that goes on sale for 4/$1 all the time).

I included three craft kits --
1) the makings for 6 cards with envelopes. White card stock for the card bases then solid color card stock for the fronts, then patterned paper, another solid to mat a pre-stamped image and a pre-stamped sentiment. I used line stamps so they could color in the images. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Making cards is lots of fun. Please send us one when you are done."
2) the makings for a name frame. A piece of DP the size of the frame, die-cut letters to spell each of their names, die cuts and stickers in a theme to match the DP, some ribbon, a few buttons and brads. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Put these bits into the frame And make something that spells your name."
3) the makings for a snowman decoration. A rectangular piece of chipboard, a piece of felt the same size (both pre-punched with holes to thread ribbon through for hanging), several layers of solid and patterned paper and a stamped image of a snowman (again, a line stamp that could be colored). I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Winter won't be ending soon, So make a decoration for your room."
This sounds like a great idea. I like this and this will keep them busy! TFS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #179  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

The lotion in the silver lidded jars were found at my local grocery store. They are Ball jars, called Classic Elite and are 8 ounces. I bought a four pack for just under four dollars.

Besides MidWest Bottle I found a place called SKS. I don't recall their full name. They sell for a bit less than MidWest depending on what you want. You have to buy a full set of 12 or 24 in the size you choose. I have not ordered from either place. Now that I know that I like the 8 oz size best, this is who I would order from so I can get a good price and have them on hand.

I think those ball jars are the cutest and again, I love that you used the gladware container. I would have never thought about that. I looked at that SKS site and the reason I keep going back to MidWest Bottle is that they have a no order too small deal and for me that is perfect...just starting out anyway. I hate to order so much and then have stuff left over all though it is not the end of the world....then I would just have to make more lotion or scrub....darn...LOL :-D I do have a great recipe that I found for a peaches and cream scrub that would look cut in those ball jars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #180  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
Target also had those Ball jars, I got a load on clearance. They'll mostly show up during canning season. I think they're SO cute! You can also get quarter pint canning jars, they'd be fine for small gifts of lotion, etc. And how about Prima bottles? Do your flowers NEED to live in the bottles? (mine don't) I also have a stash of glass jars from a brand called Polar. They're shaped like almost oval crocks, with little handle sticking out on the sides. I have gotten little cherry tomatoes, strawberries, and other fruit in these at the grocery store (and used to find at Walmart). Those are so cute, I actually bought the tomatoes more for the jars than the tomatoes (although DH doesn't care what brand the tomatoes are, as long as he gets some for breakfast on the weekend-he's a Brit). Another place to check out is World Market. They tend to have tons of relatively inexpensive glassware. I also alert friends, who save anything interesting for me (if I don't use it, I can always recycle it).
Wow, Pat...great job and sounds like a deal on the ball jars! Great idea about the primas....I love mine in the jars but I have two empty ones that are just too cute to throw away (I know eeeegads..could never do that!) and I was going to put buttons in one of them and decided not to....perfect use for them now! I too ask my family and friends...they already know I am nuts....to save some items for me. I know this sounds weird but I use the large tuna cans and open them with my no edge can opener and glue the lid to the bottom of another can and stack them that way...of course after I alter them. I will take a pic and let you all see them if you like. Just a way to reuse, repurpose, and recycle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #181  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
Oh, and I bought myself both a big desk calendar pad and 2 notebook type weekly organizers to help me with keeping track of things.
By the way, Target has black spot dollar items 75% off. And Christmas clearance is 75% off. I bought a ton of take out containers for next year, and a bunch of little stockings, and small giftie things at 25 cents. I keep a gift crate (used to be a drawer, but the stuff outgrew the space) of items I can dip into for giving occasions.
Great job on the target clearance finds. I saw that 75% black spot but because I am trying not to spend....I walked on by...SHAKING!!! LOL :-D Kidding

Happy that you had such great luck in getting all of those goodies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #182  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Quote:

This sounds like a great idea. I like this and this will keep them busy! TFS
Like so many this year, I was on a fairly tight budget so I was able to do these with items from my stash -- the cost of the bought items was under $5 each.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #183  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' SoozView Post
Like so many this year, I was on a fairly tight budget so I was able to do these with items from my stash -- the cost of the bought items was under $5 each.
Wow that is great! Something very creative and constructive for them and budget friendly. I always like those combos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #184  
Insane Embellisher

SUBBING
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #185  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheermomView Post
I am going to make these snowmen Christmas ornaments. You hang them on your tree using the clothespin.

They are made out of muslin material which is cheap. I hand sewed the letters on and machine sewed the rest. I added little sticks for arms. I plan to give 3 in a cute box as one gift.

So incredibly cute! Do you have directions! If so, I would love them.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 AM   #186  
Pearl-ExPert

I sent the directions out to all of you who requested them for the 2009 Page Protector Calendar, Acrylic Photo Frame, Magic Pillowcase and Friend Book. If I missed someone, LMK with a PM (include your e-mail address) and I will get right back to you.

Had a great holiday with family but, 10 days is too long to be away from my home, routine, bed and computer!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #187  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
I sent the directions out to all of you who requested them for the 2009 Page Protector Calendar, Acrylic Photo Frame, Magic Pillowcase and Friend Book. If I missed someone, LMK with a PM (include your e-mail address) and I will get right back to you.

Had a great holiday with family but, 10 days is too long to be away from my home, routine, bed and computer!!
I got them - thanks much, Cindy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #188  
Polyshrink Goddess

WOW great thread thanx for starting it!!
I am going to start making xmas cards today after reading all your posts xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #189  
Insane Embellisher

Cindy,
Thanks so much for the pattern. I love it and definitely have plans to use it next month. Welcome back!
Crystal
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #190  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok i have now made 3 xmas cards today....:mrgreen: i will put them on my blog sometime tomorrow xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #191  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Cindy,
Thanks so much for the pattern. I love it and definitely have plans to use it next month. Welcome back!
Crystal
Glad I could help! Good to be back too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #192  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

got 'em...

thanks! you're a sweetie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #193  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Got the instructions. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #194  
Pearl-ExPert

I got a lot done this weekend! I have 35 Christmas cards done and my snowman soups done (I have all the pieces done, put them all together in a bag along with the cello bags for them all, just need to add the cocoa and marshmallows), and stocking stuffers for my kids made (snowman soups, gum holders, lip balm holders, and bookmarks.)

We will be leaving for vacation this next weekend, so I won't have any crafting time for like a month. So I'm trying to get a few small things done now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #195  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferOView Post
I got a lot done this weekend! I have 35 Christmas cards done and my snowman soups done (I have all the pieces done, put them all together in a bag along with the cello bags for them all, just need to add the cocoa and marshmallows), and stocking stuffers for my kids made (snowman soups, gum holders, lip balm holders, and bookmarks.)

We will be leaving for vacation this next weekend, so I won't have any crafting time for like a month. So I'm trying to get a few small things done now.

Good for you! I am impressed with the 35 cards already.....all the same or different? Have you posted them yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2009, 06:28 AM   #196  
Matboard Maniac

cvansluys
Thank you I received the calendar.
DJ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #197  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydjdView Post
cvansluys
Thank you I received the calendar.
DJ
My pleasure! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #198  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

WOW you have been a busy bee....Enjoy your holiday xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #199  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Wow, way to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #200  
Matboard Maniac

This year I baked and made tins to give as gifts, I also made recipe file folders and typed out my favorite recipes and printed them off and put them in folders for my children, I tried to add little stories with the recipes, some special memories attached to who made them, how we enjoyed them etc. For a special friend who is a stamper like me, I made her an emergency embellishment kit. I used a large stampin up case decorated it with paper and called it Pat's Emergency Embelliishment Kit. I then filled it with Vintage pictures I had collected, One folder for everyday and the other for Christmas. Then I added a collection of ribbons, matching bows, brads, glue and glitter, flowers,and hodgepodge hardware, I cut out shapes with my SU punches and nesties and included these also. She was really touched with my gift. I made several boxes of miscellaneous cards for hostess gifts. I also made some post it note gift items for a few of my friends, the trick will be to come up with new ideas for next year, so this post will be great. I love the ideas and hope to incoporate some of them for next year.
Reply With Quote Likes