Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #6721  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay Girls... The snow plows just came by and I don't have to go out and dig out my drive-way end or my street side-walk, so I am going to bed!!! Cheers until tomorrow....
OLW: Joy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #6722  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 198 Likes on 165 Posts

Officially, 8.4" of fresh snow here, another 5-7" coming tomorrow after 3pm. I'm headed to bed - It's 12:30 am, I'm tired, and a little tipsy ;) See ya all later this morning ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 03:05 AM   #6723  
Gallery Gazer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
we are getting rain outside Philadelphia. I think it might turn icy though. dh and I are going out with a few friends to a very nice restaurant with 6 bottles of wine. Hope it doesn't get too icy. We could walk home from the dinner if we had to though.

LJ I am havieng a hard time imagining ham pickles and cream cheese, maybe I will have to give it a try some time, what kind of pickles do you use?
OH my gosh that's the best, even I can "cook" that. Take a piece of ham, spread the cream cheese over it, roll it up, skewer it with a fancy toothpick and pickle slice---ummmm good! My mom would make these all the time. Is this how you make LJ?
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 03:06 AM   #6724  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90View Post
Love the drama, but what's Wisteria Lane???
Desperate Housewives (tv show) live on Wisteria Lane.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 03:12 AM   #6725  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778View Post
That would be the ultra handy car brush / window scraper.

Or when you're a stupid college kid who can't ever seem to remember to keep one in her car, a CD case will suffice ( just don't use one that you care about because it's a 50/50 shot that it'll survive the usage! LOL ).
There are several tricks....some are stupid...like taking boiling water and pouring it over the windshield--don't be surprised if the windshield cracks..
ususally I use the aersol Prestone De-Icer stuff--it de-ices the windshield and opens the car door when sprayed along the seams of the door. Also during the winter I use the windshield wiper cleaner fluid that has de-icer in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 03:16 AM   #6726  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdean32View Post
I have alot of relatives in the UP. I know exactly what a pastie is. LOL!
My first thought at 7:14 am was...the decorative thing w/tassels...then I remembered--isn't it like a meat pie in pastry dough? Like a Calzone only not Italian?

(By the way, 2nd day of vacation awake and up before 5:00 am)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #6727  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
I always think my DH is the last UPS man out on the road..he always does the late pick-ups...I know how you feel....
Yeah, he may be the last UPS guy out there...but remember "What Brown does for you" ;) ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 05:04 AM   #6728  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddenView Post
There are several tricks....some are stupid...like taking boiling water and pouring it over the windshield--don't be surprised if the windshield cracks..
ususally I use the aersol Prestone De-Icer stuff--it de-ices the windshield and opens the car door when sprayed along the seams of the door. Also during the winter I use the windshield wiper cleaner fluid that has de-icer in it.
Spoken like a woman who has tackled many a wintery storm. ;-)

Wiper fluid with de-icer is essential. In fact, I think that we just run it all year long, to avoid having to remember to switch out our solvents.

I keep a little bottle of de-icer in my purse from the first snow til the last traces of overnight freeze are done.

Problem is, it's the same size, and sometimes ends up in the same pocket as my little travel bottle of perfume. Thankfully I've never made the full mistake, but I have grabbed the wrong bottle by accident on many an occasion.

As an FYI to anyone who has a Chevy with the same flaw....

There is a wicked gap in the seams of the doors in my Lumina. Bonnevilles, Impalas and svereal other models with similar frames have it, too... my dadgum doors freeze shut solid without a care.

Should any of you have this issue, a good coating of areosol cooking srpay right along the metal seams works like a champ. Zero damage to the doors or the rubber, and the ice cannot collect and form.

After fighting my doors open six times in one day, and WD40 still not doing the trick, I had to get creative - or rather my DH did. It's a plumbing trick and it worked on my POS, too. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 05:07 AM   #6729  
Gabfest Goddess

Oh geez...

Not to sound like a huge downer, but I've been following this in bits and pieces... with nationwide coverage I don't think it could be avoided if I tried...

There's a news push going right now; the remains that they found are that poor baby Caylee's.

How tragic. I just cannot imagine what kind of person.... I hope that they send her mother to prison for a very, very long time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #6730  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Spoken like a woman who has tackled many a wintery storm. ;-)

Wiper fluid with de-icer is essential. In fact, I think that we just run it all year long, to avoid having to remember to switch out our solvents.

I keep a little bottle of de-icer in my purse from the first snow til the last traces of overnight freeze are done.

Problem is, it's the same size, and sometimes ends up in the same pocket as my little travel bottle of perfume. Thankfully I've never made the full mistake, but I have grabbed the wrong bottle by accident on many an occasion.

As an FYI to anyone who has a Chevy with the same flaw....

There is a wicked gap in the seams of the doors in my Lumina. Bonnevilles, Impalas and svereal other models with similar frames have it, too... my dadgum doors freeze shut solid without a care.

Should any of you have this issue, a good coating of areosol cooking srpay right along the metal seams works like a champ. Zero damage to the doors or the rubber, and the ice cannot collect and form.

After fighting my doors open six times in one day, and WD40 still not doing the trick, I had to get creative - or rather my DH did. It's a plumbing trick and it worked on my POS, too. :mrgreen:
I wondered why the doors on the Monte Carlo always froze shut at the very hint of 32 degree weather--now I know.

Rain, rain and more rain....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #6731  
Forum Fanatic

good morning ladies...we are supposed to top out at 80 degrees today followed by a cold front that will drop us into the 40's tomorrow. I wish the weather would just make up its mind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 06:54 AM   #6732  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Tracy sounds like the weather we are having here - been in the 70's here ! Crazy- watch is snow in 3 days and be in the 20's
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #6733  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh the Joy's of fresh snow. Tippy (mom and dad's pup) decided to go outside and play for awhile. 2 hours later, he's back in completely covered in snow and icicles. THis dog amazes me - we have a total of 14-16" of snow on the ground, he's a little guy (24 lbs) and he runs through it like it's nothing. (although it takes him a bit longer with the snow). HE just wanted to play frisbee. I've got him off in the kitchen drying off. My feet are frozen solid (feel like it anyhow) got the portable heater on in front of them.

I gotta get everything packed up to go back into the city. THere's another 5-7" on it's way and then the temperatures plummet after that storm comes through.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 08:17 AM   #6734  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasketView Post
I love Christmas lights in the snow!
The lights I hung out on the bushes are totally buried. Got about 8 inches. Still snowing, but lightly. Tomorrows report is about 6" - more for Bonnie (lucky duck!)

No eye injuries today, so far, but the day is young...

Both bathrooms are thoroughly scrubbed clean. Yahoo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #6735  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It always looks so pretty in photos... and sucks major hiney to actually contend with!:mrgreen:

Santa has been informed that he is officially on my naughty list for refusing to bring me a snowblower! LOL
The one joy of renting - we have a service. Does all the plowing and much of the shoveling. I just have to do the fine details, like clearing the steps of that last inch that fell after the plow lady came through. (Must be these rose-colored glasses I put on today, the service isn't really THAT good, but at least I don't have to do it myself)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #6736  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestampsView Post
there is no dam* way you will ever find me with a shovel in my hands...that is so not my job..it is his!!!
Amen sister!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #6737  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I wondered why the doors on the Monte Carlo always froze shut at the very hint of 32 degree weather--now I know.

Rain, rain and more rain....
Yep.:rolleyes:

I looked into it via google and there's a slew of gripes. Gotta love General Motors and their inability to correct an ongoing problem...:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #6738  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
Thanks DJ! My little 'Princess', was really misbehaving today! :mad: Whenever we don't have anything scheduled to use up her ridiculous amount of energy - she acts up! Today was no exception! She tore up some mail, poured packing peanuts all over the living room rug, grabbed cookies and threw them at the cats, was banging her wooden toys on the computer keyboard, tossed her entire dinner plate on the floor, and sassed me all day! IDK if I can deal with her like this again tommorrow!
I found DD to be quite monstrous at times at 3. There were no terrible two's here, just the horribly monstrous threes! This, too shall pass. Comes back around in cycles, but 9-1/2 is absolutely delightful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #6739  
Gallery Gazer

Okay--I've got a question for the snow ho's. What happens to the mail? Does it get delivered? My curiosity stems from when I went to South Africa as the mail service is constantly interrupted. I asked my hosts Caryl and Malcom how they pay the bills when the mail isn't delivered. Over there the utility companies put the bill in the mailbox when the meter is read, but I always wondered about the credit cards, cell phone, etc. Just wondering about odd things on ANOTHER rainy day in the 60's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #6740  
Gallery Gazer

The mail is supposed to still be delivered. My dad was a mailman for 20+ years and had to go no matter what. You know Atlanta and the tons of ice storms...did not matter, should be the same for snow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #6741  
Gallery Gazer

Hey Lisa---the cat is out of the bag--Gael knows the WHOLE story of the GC--she cracked up laughing at all of our machinations.

Ohhh and Dave's voice is to die for--very nice guy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #6742  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawaView Post
The one joy of renting - we have a service. Does all the plowing and much of the shoveling. I just have to do the fine details, like clearing the steps of that last inch that fell after the plow lady came through. (Must be these rose-colored glasses I put on today, the service isn't really THAT good, but at least I don't have to do it myself)
We rent too...total turd! Didn't bother to do our walkway...just the one to his daughters, the driveway -where she parks, and the sidewalk. In the meantime I had to high step it carrying Annabella through over a foot of freakin' snow because - you guessed it - he threw the snow he removed onto our path! :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #6743  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hey Lisa---the cat is out of the bag--Gael knows the WHOLE story of the GC--she cracked up laughing at all of our machinations.

:p ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #6744  
Forum Fanatic

almost done shopping. Woohoo! Dh is out buying the last of the gift cards. Now I hope to start focusing on some baking. We have a gingerbread house to construct and then I want to try some new cookie recipes from the swaps I've participated in lately. It's in the high 70's here and overcast. I think a cold front is blowing in tomorrow. Hope that doesn't mean rain too. We are going ice skating at the mall tomorrow afternoon and I hate driving in rain (can't even imagine snow. We moved from the north before I was old enough to drive.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #6745  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Dang! I was gonna offer to help you gals too! :mrgreen: :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #6746  
Forum Fanatic

I must have missed a huge conversation about this gc y'all keep talking about. Probably when my darn internet was out. I have no clue what you mean.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #6747  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I found DD to be quite monstrous at times at 3. There were no terrible two's here, just the horribly monstrous threes! This, too shall pass. Comes back around in cycles, but 9-1/2 is absolutely delightful!
Yeah. I can't wait until tommorrow - she is going to a birthday party without me! WooHoo! I'm going to a party of my own for a little while and then I'm hoping to get the last of our Christmas shopping done!

Dh ticked me off too yesterday. He insists that threatening her with a 'call to Santa' is cruel. I countered that it was neccessary to try and get her to behave! Afterall he didn't have to deal with her bad behavior - I did. Well, that is...until he tried to use his computer and the keyboard wouldn't work...and he found some of his socks in the kitty litter...and realized it was HIS mail that was a casualty of Annabellas 'destruction spree'! Somehow, he has seen the light... :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #6748  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdean32View Post
I must have missed a huge conversation about this gc y'all keep talking about. Probably when my darn internet was out. I have no clue what you mean.
It's about the 'carding' going on... I guessed what was going on, but Gael was really trying hard to figure out who carded her! Poor Gael has been led on a merry chase!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #6749  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymamaView Post
It's about the 'carding' going on... I guessed what was going on, but Gael was really trying hard to figure out who carded her! Poor Gael has been led on a merry chase!
got it! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #6750  
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny thing is, I had guessed correctly the first time, but they tried to lead me astray! Very sneaky little hos...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #6751  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it is funny you like Dave's voice so much, but then you have never heard him sing. Perhaps I should burn you a CD...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #6752  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I think it is funny you like Dave's voice so much, but then you have never heard him sing. Perhaps I should burn you a CD...
Well in the quote "Make a joyful noise..." my singing is just that a joyful noise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #6753  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well in the quote "Make a joyful noise..." my singing is just that a joyful noise!
His is just noise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #6754  
Gallery Gazer

Debbie--received the Christmas card today! LOVE IT--what a great twist on Christmas Tea. I'll be home alone on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day taking care of the dogs while Jimmy is w/his daughters and grandkids--so I shall be looking forward to the tea date.

Yvonne--got your PM also, can't wait!

I gave Jimmy a list of stamps sites and stamps I wanted, along w/the cut@home site, we'll see how he does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #6755  
Hardware Hotshot

HI girls! I have been sleeping off and on most of the day! :( Drugs work but they are kicking my but no engery . Starting to wonder if I am going to be able to finsh my Christmas shoping being that I can't drive!
Rainy here all day today! So that makes for good sleeping weather!
Have a good afternoon! Back to bed I go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #6756  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeewView Post
HI girls! I have been sleeping off and on most of the day! :( Drugs work but they are kicking my but no engery . Starting to wonder if I am going to be able to finsh my Christmas shoping being that I can't drive!
Rainy here all day today! So that makes for good sleeping weather!
Have a good afternoon! Back to bed I go!
Do it all online and have it shipped to wherever it needs to go. Just tell everyone they can't open any boxes until Christmas! ;) Feel better and enjoy the respite Elizabeth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #6757  
Hardware Hotshot

Yah I just got my dad something on line! But the other things on my list are smaller and know just where to get them just need someone to take me! Love DVDS , a sweater for my mom, wraping paper, and stocking stuffers!
Maybe one of my friends will step up and take me! My mom can't cause I have to get stuff for her!
Also I can do much walking it hurts too much!:( Sigh it will get done some how!
Good idea though
To all my SCS friends! I do have cards and a few goodies to send out to some of you! Just not sure when that will happen now! Maybe by New years!
But on the good side with all this time stuck here now I may make more cards to send out to more of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #6758  
Stazon Splitcoast

HEy all,

Finally back in the city, as much as I loved being at mom and dad's (i.e. lots of laziness) it feels good to be home. I'm just starting to unpack everything,

But I have to thank two of my Ho's ~~~

MCHAPPY HO - MWAH for the Bucky Toothbrush. Yes there are bucky thing's I don't own, and that would be one of them. Family is gonna crack up when I tell them it came all the way from the Peach State!

MAMA HO.....MWAH for the Updated LBB of Ho's. My eyes teared up like you would not believe when I read your card, and then looked at the LBB. It's BEAUTIFUL and I could not imaging someone spending so much time on a gift so precious for me...MWAH my dear...you have no idea how much it means to me (besides the fact that all my Ho's addresses are PERFECTLY organized.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #6759  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH yea, and it's a WHITE-OUT here right now.....(AGAIN!) For tomorrow:

Bitterly cold. Much colder. Windy...cloudy. Snow showers likely in the morning...then chance of light snow in the afternoon. Blowing snow through the day. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Total snow accumulation 2 to 5 inches. Highs around 3. West winds 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent. Wind chill readings 19 below to 29 below zero.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #6760  
Stazon Splitcoast

brr! 2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2-blizzard.gif Stay inside, and keep warm!
Reply With Quote Likes