Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-25-2005, 02:29 PM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog
Quote:

Originally Posted by barryswife
Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingkelly
Quote:

Originally Posted by shari stamper
Oh, and I didn't appreciate the religious reference in gest ...(even though I'm not overly religious. To me, its a personal thing that should not be taken in vain) But to joke on her auction that she is there to "serve the Lord," and then have the audacity to do what she is doing...whew! That takes a lot of hootspa! :twisted:
I agree.

BTW, the spelling is chutzpah. But it's pronounced pretty close to the way you wrote it. Either way, it means she has a lot of nerve!!

Cheers,
Kelly
But "hootspa" looks so darn cute!!!
Actually, being a student of the Hebrew language of late, the spelling chutspah is more correct. The pronunciation starts with a throat clearing kind of sound, "ch"ootspah.

But....maybe that's a little too much information!
Wow! I'll have to write in to the folks at Merriam-Webster (www.m-w.com) which is where I checked for the spelling and let them know that they spelled it wrong. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Kelly
Zion, IL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2005, 04:17 PM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

Just an FYI, but some of us have used the expression, "You have too much time on your hands", in a light hearted tone to mean, "Wow, this must have taken you a long time!" It isn't always meant as a put down, in fact until I read this thread I didn't realize it could be a put down. I learn something new every day! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2005, 06:07 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Re: Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Ink
Hi Everyone,

First of all I would like to thank all of you for your support (and humor :lol: ) over the last couple of weeks.

I did seek the advice of a moderator, while they are sorry that this happened there is nothing than can do. They suggested that I try to work it out with her myself. So, I feel somewhat deflated at this point. :( I had really hoped there was some kind of rules in place regarding this issue.

Thanks again,
Amy
Amy, I am sorry this happened to you, and that there's really nothing that can be done. But, the moderators are correct in that this is not something they have control over either. When you post something on on the internet, it's hard to police it from there on in regarding who views and/or "borrows" it. I know there are some websites that have a way of not allowing right-click saving, but I don't know how.

One thing I've done lately, after seeing some other gals do it, is figure out how to "watermark" the SU copyright and my name as artist going right across the image. It doesn't keep the viewer from seeing it clearly but it does make it difficult for anyone else to appropriate it and claim credit themselves.

Lessons learned I guess...(hugs)

Hugs,
Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2005, 06:18 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

All I have to say about this is, "I before E, except after C."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2005, 06:29 PM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ain't technology great... We put our images out there to share and case and this lazy gal was just that-- LAZY. Too lazy to make her own for her auction. I think she just saw it as a shortcut and didn't mean to piss anyone off. I won't even talk about the demo violation, except to say is it worth getting kicked out of SU for $30. I'd focus on reporting her to SU, not the sneaky photo stealing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2005, 06:36 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersassysabrina
I'd focus on reporting her to SU, not the sneaky photo stealing.
That is a good point - you might not be able to do anything about her visiting the site here, but you most certinaly can do something about reporting her to SU demo support about violating the SU demo policy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #47  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

You know what they say....

Hell hath no fury like a wman scored.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #48  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As Betzy said, watermarking your images with SU! copyright and your name as the artist is probably the only way to protect yourself/your work. The only other way, is not to post it online.

Unfortunately, this has happened to me in the past and I contacted the offender privately and never got a response. :shock:

But, after that, I never uploaded another creation until I learned to somehow watermark that photo, and while I know it's annoying to some to see it on there as it can detract from the photo, I will not upload without it any more. And, I deliberately put the watermark in a position that makes it difficult to crop it out without cropping out a portion of project itself.

Sad and sorry fact of the internet, but do take steps to protect yourself.

Check out your photo editing software and see if there's a way to do it. It can be easily done with Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I don't know how to do it any other way. I'm on a Mac.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2005, 10:09 AM   #49  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersassysabrina
I think she just saw it as a shortcut and didn't mean to piss anyone off.
I also think she probably saw it as a shortcut - take a look online (particularly on ebay) and you'll find that "borrowing" pictures is pretty common. As an example, that "why you shouldn't post your picture on the internet" series is posted all over the place by people who didn't make it up - that's the nature of the internet. Watermarking software is cheap & easy if you wish to preserve your pictures.

Regarding reporting her to SU - take some deep calming breaths & ease up!! It's pretty clear she didn't know she wasn't supposed to do it, and given all the flames she's gotten, she sure knows it now!

Let's stamp instead of spending our time getting indignant. I love stamping and I love all the creative examples here on SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog
Quote:

Originally Posted by barryswife
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari stamper
Oh, and I didn't appreciate the religious reference in gest ...(even though I'm not overly religious. To me, its a personal thing that should not be taken in vain) But to joke on her auction that she is there to "serve the Lord," and then have the audacity to do what she is doing...whew! That takes a lot of hootspa! :twisted:
I agree.

BTW, the spelling is chutzpah. But it's pronounced pretty close to the way you wrote it. Either way, it means she has a lot of nerve!!

Cheers,
Kelly
But "hootspa" looks so darn cute!!!
Actually, being a student of the Hebrew language of late, the spelling chutspah is more correct. The pronunciation starts with a throat clearing kind of sound, "ch"ootspah.

But....maybe that's a little too much information!
Wow! I'll have to write in to the folks at Merriam-Webster (www.m-w.com) which is where I checked for the spelling and let them know that they spelled it wrong. Thanks for the info.

There are, I'm sure...lots of different ways to spell it depending on which dictionary you look in. You should see it when living overseas in countries with different alphabets altogether. There are 3 different signs next to each other, all with the name of the town we lived in and they all have different spellings. The reason for this is that there is a Hebrew letter tzadie that makes the sound like the "zz" in pizza. It's hard to know how exactly how to write that in English. Is it ts, tz, z, or what? They also have one letter that makes a "sh" sound.

There's also no way to convey the throat clearing sound that the Hebrew language has...by using English letters. We tend to use ch, but that's not the right sound.

OK....now I'm sure this is way too much info...so I'll stop now!

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes