Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #241  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tape depot tape is very strong. I can not remove anything I have placed down. The scotch brand clumped up around the dispenser but I dont have that problem with the tape depot tape. I agree that maybe you did get a bad batch and I would contact them. I actually used this tape to seal the windows in our garage with plastic. I have not had any problems.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #242  
Pearl-ExPert

I just ordered from the tape depot and apparently they were out of their normal ATG tape due to demand. They sent me another kind that is thicker, and gave me more rolls of tape. I just hate the stuff. It's so sticky that it tears the paper as you apply it - wont cut or release off either. Goes to show you, you get what you pay for. For the $20 I paid for this off of ebay, I wasted that much in card stock already. The tape depot did refund my money, so I was able to go else where and buy the Scotch brand that I should have bought in the first place...live and learn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #243  
Inking Addict

Default ats-50

Hi,
I have a tape gun, different brand than which is mentioned must be a copy. I live in Bali,my glue tape is very hard to apply, it shriffels up all the time. Does this have to do with the climate or the quality of the tape. I would like your advice. Because of this problem, I hardly use the gun.
Thanks,
Jogry/bali

jogry/bali
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:01 AM   #244  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jogryView Post
Hi,
I have a tape gun, different brand than which is mentioned must be a copy. I live in Bali,my glue tape is very hard to apply, it shriffels up all the time. Does this have to do with the climate or the quality of the tape. I would like your advice. Because of this problem, I hardly use the gun.
Thanks,
Jogry/bali
So, is the tape itself causing problems or the gun? If the tape is difficult to roll, it might be the gun. Are you holding trigger when you roll it? Is the tension set correctly? And are you using the Scotch ATG or that teal one from Tape Depot?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 03:59 AM   #245  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I just ordered from the tape depot and apparently they were out of their normal ATG tape due to demand. They sent me another kind that is thicker, and gave me more rolls of tape. I just hate the stuff. It's so sticky that it tears the paper as you apply it - wont cut or release off either. Goes to show you, you get what you pay for. For the $20 I paid for this off of ebay, I wasted that much in card stock already. The tape depot did refund my money, so I was able to go else where and buy the Scotch brand that I should have bought in the first place...live and learn!
Wow, this is unfortunate for you and possibly me. I just placed an order with them...did they tell you before they shipped that they were substituting...or did they just send it.

As far as "getting what you pay for"...I had absolutely no problem with the first order from them, so as long as I get that, I will be totally happy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #246  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapfever2View Post
My sister and I just got an order from them with the same tape that you got. I just started using a roll this week and haven't had any problems with it tearing the paper as you apply it or any problems with it releasing off the gun.

I did find out though that once you adhere your paper, it is adhered. There is no repositioning possible without ripping your paper.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #247  
Compulsive Stamper

Yes I had the same thing with them and the tape is strong and still acid free and they sent 24 rolls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #248  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdodd00View Post
Wow, this is unfortunate for you and possibly me. I just placed an order with them...did they tell you before they shipped that they were substituting...or did they just send it.
As far as "getting what you pay for"...I had absolutely no problem with the first order from them, so as long as I get that, I will be totally happy!!
They just sent it with a letter to let me know they were out.

And it is strong tape! You won't be able to get anything un-stuck! I hope it works for you, it just didn't for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #249  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugb919View Post
My sister and I just got an order from them with the same tape that you got. I just started using a roll this week and haven't had any problems with it tearing the paper as you apply it or any problems with it releasing off the gun.

I did find out though that once you adhere your paper, it is adhered. There is no repositioning possible without ripping your paper.
Glad it's working for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #250  
Forum Fanatic

I also got the thicker tape and I have to say that I love it! It sticks like crazy and I've had no problem with it ripping the paper or releasing. This was the first time I've ordered from them and I will be ordering again in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapfever2View Post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #251  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by diannep575View Post
I also got the thicker tape and I have to say that I love it! It sticks like crazy and I've had no problem with it ripping the paper or releasing. This was the first time I've ordered from them and I will be ordering again in the future.
Well darn - I guess its just me! I'll give it another try and see how it goes! Thanks for the responses!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #252  
Kookie Creator

okay, i have a few questions on ordering.......

1. when i am in the area for the ATG 50 gun at the tape depot is had a drop down menu for 36YD-2 mil and 18YD-5 mil. what do i choose?
2. what adhesive do i get? i know someone said ATG-7502, but on that page i have the option of "but by the roll or case" (i am assuming i should choose the 12 roll subpack?) and then do i choose the 1/4" size? there are 4 choices. (and have we determined this is acid free or is the jury still out?)
3. should i get this tape depot ATG-50 instead of the 3M ATG-700 or 714?

any help would be MUCH appreciated. thanks!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #253  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwatson9702View Post
okay, i have a few questions on ordering.......

1. when i am in the area for the ATG 50 gun at the tape depot is had a drop down menu for 36YD-2 mil and 18YD-5 mil. what do i choose?
2. what adhesive do i get? i know someone said ATG-7502, but on that page i have the option of "but by the roll or case" (i am assuming i should choose the 12 roll subpack?) and then do i choose the 1/4" size? there are 4 choices. (and have we determined this is acid free or is the jury still out?)
3. should i get this tape depot ATG-50 instead of the 3M ATG-700 or 714?

any help would be MUCH appreciated. thanks!
This is what I ordered and am using:

1) 36 yard-2mil size
2) tape is the ATG 7502 and yes, I got the 12 roll subpack
3) I got the Tape Depot ATG 50. I have had no issues with it and could not justify paying double just for the brand name of 3M. ;) Totally up to you, though, this 1/4" 7502 tape will work in the 714 and in the 700 if you have the 1/4" adapter.

I have a pic of what I purchased on my blog here if you want to see it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 03:29 AM   #254  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
Wow...How funny is that? If I even try to move something I have laid down, it will tear the cardstock. I am almost done with my second roll in as many months, too. I do about 50 cards a month and some scrapbooking (although not as much I should be doing! LOL)

I wonder if they had a bad batch of tape? You should try contacting them to inquire!

babydal57...let us know what kind of replacement tape they sent you!

I got the 5 mil tape that someone mentioned here. It's just awesome for embossed layers. Hold nice and firm and tight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #255  
Pearl-ExPert

i love my tape depot tape. I got whatever ATG tape they had listed earlier on in this thread someplace. The teal gun doesn't have a brand name listed with it, but the instructions are in italian. I think I'll call him Anthony. or perhaps Giuseppe.anywhoo, I use it to adhere paper to chipboard to cover for books and whatnot made w/my bind it all. and I used it for my christmas cards...nothing is coming apart at all. i would think that in a humid environ such as Bali that it would stick even better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #256  
Stazon Splitcoast

I apologize ladies...I ordered 24 rolls and then 24 more rolls and got the right stuff...maybe I got too much. Sorry... :(
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 08:12 AM   #257  
Crimping Master

Default Customer Service

Has anyone had a problem with shipping or customer service due to the possible increase in demand for the holidays? My mother called yesterday to find out a tracking number for her order. She is waiting for the shipment to get to her home in Michigan before she comes to mine in Illinois, since that is one of my Christmas presents. (shhhh it's a secret!) She called again today to ask if they had found the number because if it wasn't due to be delivered to her house today (she ordered on the 15th) they are going to leave without it. The guy who answered pulled the phone away from his face and said to another person "I guess it's going to be rude people day". My mom heard him and asked if that is what he said and he hung up on her! Now when she calls it goes directly to a recording about their hours. I haven't read about any problems with customer service or shipping times. Is this just a freak incident or are other people having problems because of holiday demand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #258  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow..I wonder if they are overwhelmed by the SCS people....lol I am so sorry that one bad apple had to be the one answering the phone. I have had two great transactions and I am very happy with the service, and the tape. I will definately buy here again.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #259  
Rubber Obsessor

I was just about to comment about their customer service so when I saw Tami's post I was shocked. I have nothing but the highest praise for this company. I ordered the ATG-50 dispenser and the ATG-7502 adhesive on 12/8 based on previous posts about them. I realized last week that I didn't get my order. I had expected fast servic based on the posts here, so when I went to check on my order, I realized my mistake. I screwed up royally! When I typed in my info, I was in such a rush I didn't put in my state (PA) so it went to the default AL - the first one. When I realized my mistake, I called the 800 # but it was after 5:00 pm on FRIDAY so I emailed them and received a message back on Saturday morning. They promised to check on my order on Monday and get back to me. Which they did. This was completely my fault, but they were so nice and told me they sent out another shipment to me that very day (yesterday). I'm sorry for what your mom went thru, Tami. I hope you get your *surprise* gift on time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #260  
Crimping Master

That is what I thought. I knew I had not heard any bad reports about this company. My mom did leave around 3:30 without the package or an answer. She is a little bummed, but I told her about the posts here and she is optimistic that she will get a response to her e-mail. I was so hoping for a "surprise" package since I am down to my last Scotch refill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #261  
Cardstock Collector

Default ATG adhesive

Always looking to try something new will you share the name of product and where you can purchase it from.
Thanks Phyllis
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 PM   #262  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamiCView Post
That is what I thought. I knew I had not heard any bad reports about this company. My mom did leave around 3:30 without the package or an answer. She is a little bummed, but I told her about the posts here and she is optimistic that she will get a response to her e-mail. I was so hoping for a "surprise" package since I am down to my last Scotch refill.
Wow...I was surprised to read that as well. We had to call with the APO address thing and they were really, really easy to deal with and had fast turn-around as well.

I know my GF ordered the tape gun and refills. They were out of the refills (I think due to SCS!), so they sent her extra of another type of tape with an apology and a postage paid return label to send the replacement tape back if she did not like it (it is the thicker one). They just seems to CS friendly!

Sorry this happened and I do hope it gets resolved soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #263  
Matboard Maniac

HELP HELP HELP!!! Okay- so I have used the ATG 50 for months now- LOVE IT! But.....I just put on a new roll of adhesive and I can not get it to work! For the life of me---- I am at my wits end! Did any of you save the instructions on how to load? Im sure its loaded correctly- but the small wheel in the back is just not engaging....ideas anyone?

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #264  
Glitter Guru

Here are some pics I took for another thread. Maybe this will help?

And have you tried adjusting the tension?
Attached Thumbnails
Wish me luck...I tried some new adhesive for my ATG-tnatg1.jpg   Wish me luck...I tried some new adhesive for my ATG-tnatg2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #265  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
Here are some pics I took for another thread. Maybe this will help?

And have you tried adjusting the tension?
It's working!!!! thank you sooooooo much!!!

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #266  
Glitter Guru

Yippee! Glad all is well now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #267  
Glitter Guru

I must be crazy! LOL I've never heard of an ATG but I just ordered the tape and dispenser! LOL I better stop reading this forum or I'll go broke! lol
Hear's to getting into scrapbooking and stamping! My husband always claimed he needed the right tool for the job...I claim the same!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #268  
Embossing Fanatic

Ditto Wendy! I ordered a couple months back, but I absolutely love it! Hope it workds well with you, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #269  
Inking Addict

this is a great thread I want to order the ATG and glad i found this thread...TFS....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #270  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemorocksView Post
Ditto Wendy! I ordered a couple months back, but I absolutely love it! Hope it workds well with you, too!
Thanks! I got it and it's GREAT! I was suprised how BIG it was...LOL! I've used it and it's some sticky stuff:-D
I'm HAPPY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #271  
Cardstock Collector

I've been watching this since it started, ran out of the "gold" stuff, ordered this and was liking the smoothness...was putting my late Christmas calendars together, skipped a month, went back to pull apart my pages, um what a joke! Those 8.5 pages were stuck to my calendar pages! Now I'm not questioning the acid free issue again, I went for the stick issue and that is what I got! This should be a good thing considering I usually make 5 of these calendars and before my ATG, before my gold scotch, before Tape Depot, I spent every other month resticking the pages for everyone! Have not heard that complaint and this year with Tape Depot I am positive I will not be resticking any since I can't even undo what I've done!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #272  
Inking Addict

Default Acid Free??

From what I understand, the refill tape from The Tape Depot is Acid Free? Is this correct?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #273  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is not unusual for me to make a couple thousand cards per month...I send so many to the troops. I have not noticed any problems with the cards coming apart..actually just the opposite...I better put things where I want them or it will tear when I try to remove....I have been using the Tapedepot tape for well over a year now. I hope that the poster who is having problems will either call the company or send me her unused tape...lol
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #274  
Inking Addict

Just ordered my gun and tape....AND I'M SO EXCITED!!! Thanks for all the great info in this thread, I just LOVE SPLITCOAST (well, it's members more specifically)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #275  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstreeterView Post
From what I understand, the refill tape from The Tape Depot is Acid Free? Is this correct?
Yes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #276  
Cardstock Collector

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #277  
Matboard Maniac

ok, now this thread has been going on since September.....this message is to the first ones to start using this tape. Are your cards still holding together really really good? I am still really nervous about switching from the 3m because I know it holds very well and I don't have to worry about it with my scrapbooks. Oh, what to do....what to do......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:52 AM   #278  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslumpyView Post
ok, now this thread has been going on since September.....this message is to the first ones to start using this tape. Are your cards still holding together really really good? I am still really nervous about switching from the 3m because I know it holds very well and I don't have to worry about it with my scrapbooks. Oh, what to do....what to do......
This stuff sticks like crazy, I can't imagine that you will regret purchasing this product!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #279  
Mad Swapper

I have had no problems. I can't even take it apart if I wanted to.

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #280  
mot
Glitter Guru

I do love this stuff! I have had a problem with my tape ripping, and having to rethread it constantly with my last 3 rolls. I have the ATG 700 with a converter to 1/4" tape on it. Does anyone have some advice as to what I am doing wrong? I feel like I am wasting a ton of it, and want to continue to use it. Any help would be appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Likes