Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #481  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I hope mine come today!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #482  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula,

Your card is fabulous! I love how you used the neutral color as an accent. (Don't want to give too much away for those who haven't seen it.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #483  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy,

Your card is fab too! Awesome idea! So cute and love the colors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #484  
Die Cut Diva

I told ya all they were fabulous! I am so glad they are arriving! KimC I hope yours don't take too long getting across the north border.

Jen I am so glad mail made you day sorry about the ex thing and the homework...no fun. When my BFF got divorced she had one rule, no matter what he did or how it affected her, no one - and I mean no one was to say one negative comment about him in front of the her son. She was determined that whatever he thought about his daddy, it was going to come from his own experiences with him and she just played clean up for years. He was one disappointed little boy for a long time, then angry, then by some miracle his dad pulled his head out and now they have a pretty good relationship. M just graduated HS last spring and is now at college (geez do I feel old and I am not the mom!)... anyway, I can imagine it will not be easy, especially at first - I feel for you and anytime you need a virtual hug, well - you got it!

I am so looking forward to seeing ya'lls Christmas creations. I finished my cards for my class on Saturday and now I need to prep materials. Maybe all tomorrow - depends on how I feel later. I got a cort shot in my left shoulder an hour ago - tendonitis, so we will see what gets done today. Right now I am at work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #485  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Lisa,

I have the same rule about my STBX too. That's why I need to vent to friends! I will not say anything about it in front of the kids. Sometimes it is so hard!

My day is going really well today. It's like Christmas. I hosted our new cattie swap for my track friends and they are starting to arrive today. So, 4 packages today!! I haven't even opened the others yet. I told myself no opening until my class for tomorrow was prepped. Almost there! It's so hard not to open the others, but I need to stay focused - not my strong suit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #486  
Stazon Splitcoast

BTW, my little guy has a thing for blondes! He's a sandy blonde/brown himself. He keeps talking about Caroline and Elizabeth. I knew Caroline from his class last year - and she is this blonde, cute little thing, always in dresses and bows. Well, today I met Elizabeth - also blonde and cute!! It's really funny, 'cause my little guy has trouble making friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #487  
Die Cut Diva

Jen, I have seen how hard it is, and your girlfriends are really important. It is a good rule that will pay off in the long run. God didn't promise it would be easy, but He did promise he would be there for us. ~ Sounds like you have a little heartbreaker on your hands. In a couple years he will probably think girls are gross and move on until high school.

Happy opening of the packages, I know it was fun for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #488  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

Yes, it is hard, but I do remember every day that many, many have it much, much harder than I do. Every night I think about all the wonderful things I do have in my life. And really, I am quite blessed and lucky. Sure, this one area of my life sucks, but it could be so much worse.

I think I have two heart-breakers in my home! At Open House J was all aflutter when his love, Nicole, came in the room. And the funny part was, she was too!!! She started waving and jumping up and down and so was my son. I told her mom to start saving for the wedding!

And my little guy has possible Asperger's so the fact that he even talks about kids at school this early in the school year is a huge thing for him.

You know, Life IS good!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #489  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
OMG!!!!!

These are the best swaps ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got mine too!! Fantastic and Super cute!!!! Thanks so much ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #490  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is yours the blue train one? That one doesn't have a name on it and I don't have any other from you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #491  
Die Cut Diva

Yes, Jen, I believe the train was Rhonda's.

Aspergers huh, that is good he is making friends and talking about them. My bff's youngest has Aspergers and just started him in a Charter school for autisic kids. They focus on social skills as well as academics. There was a write up in the Minneapolis Star Tribune about it. He seems to be doing well after the first few weeks of school. Ry is going to be 13 in October. I have another friend who has an 7/8 year old who is autisic as well. Both are very sweet, lovable boys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #492  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Yes for some reason I did full cards, and then I didn't want to put anything on them and ruin them...too lazy to do the glue to a post it thing, and I'm out of clear envies. I'm a sad specimen!

Feel free to vent about your Ex Jen! I don't have anything helpful to add, but hugs to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #493  
Glitter Guru

HAPPY MAIL DAY! I love them all so much! I can't even pick a favorite because they are all so great. Thanks for all the wonderful swaps ladies.

And I am definitely not signing up for any other Christmas swaps because I know the SA ones will be the very best anyway.

Jen- I am glad you liked my card. And your little boys sound so cute. And I can tell you are a great mom. We have the same rule about my DS's birth families. Not so easy to keep for a while about his birthfather. But luckily, we haven't heard from him for about a year now so maybe it's all behind us.

Last edited by scrapshappen; 09-18-2008 at 02:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #494  
Stazon Splitcoast

<stomps foot> Why didn't I get mine today? No fair!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #495  
Glitter Guru

((((hugs)))) Amy. They will come tomorrow for sure. Right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #496  
Mad Swapper

Woo-hoo! Just received my SA swaps! They are the best-est ever!!!! Thank you so much, everyone! I love them all!

Amy, did you decide what to do about the cardstock samplers? However you choose to distribute them, it's very nice of you to make them for your group! I'm sure they'll love them!

Stacy, good luck with the new position you applied for - it really shows that you are so dedicated to your work, they would be crazy not to pick you for the position! Good luck!

Jen, so, so sorry about the homework issue with your STBX! My two sons were in late elementary school and jr. high school when their father and I divorced. For years, we went through very similar situations, and it just about drove me crazy sometimes! Then add a new wife for him who felt very threatened, and things just got worse! Then the most amazing thing happened - at our youngest son's graduation from college, when we were all thrown together, we all just made peace with each other. We said we were sorry, we made amends, we agreed to be friendly to each other - it was truly a miracle!! Since then I have re-married, and now (OK, this is hard to believe but it's true my ex-husband and his wife are my husband's and my very best friends! We see each other often, go on cruises and trips together - it is just incredible,and our children cannot stop thanking us. Nothing can take away the pain and years that our family was broken, but our sons now feel that our family is healed and whole again. OK, wierd story, I know I rambled, and it's probably more than you all want to know, but I just wanted to share it to give you hope that in time, things do get better.

Lisa, you are one busy,busy girl! No wonder your shoulder is hurting! Please take care of yourself!

Saturday I'm having "Stampin' Saturday" at my house with three of my grandchildren (10, 7, and 4). We're going to decorate "Halloween Trees" (with cute and happy Halloween characters - nothing scary or evil) and make "Trick or Treat Bags". We will have such fun! The mommies and daddies and Papa can watch the babies while I craft with the "big kids"! Tomorrow I'm going to do as much of the food preparation as I can ahead of time so we'll have good stuff to snack on and a yummy meal when we're done.

Thanks again to you all for the awesome swaps! They all terrific! Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #497  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pamela, your story made me cry! What a beautiful outcome! And I bet you're a *fabulous* Grandma! I can't wait for my turn to be a fun grandma! ( a few years away, since my oldest is 17!) I should decide now not to compete with the other grandmas, right? <wink>

I haven't decided what to do about the cardstock samplers. LOL I don't know why it's so hard! It's just cardstock! And it's already cut! :-) I'll probably just give them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #498  
Stazon Splitcoast

As each of you pop on, I get to comment about your card!!

Pammybaby - I now know that it was a mistake not to preorder Window Dressing. This is such a cute card! I loooooove what you did with the scallop punch. Just a great card.

And Lisa, yours is amazing! I love the colors you used and how it all coordinates. I love how you used the bulk buy scallop frame. I bought them - haven't used them and now I have an idea!! Woo- Hoo!!

These cards are just the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #499  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rhonda,

Your card is so perfectly done. That is a set I would never buy personally, but you have made me want it! Such a great masculine card and I have no idea how you got the shadowing/sponging on the brown pieces done so perfectly. It's so subtle and perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #500  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh yeah....'cause I'm blabbering away today....you all are making me kick myself for not getting the big shot special. Geesh.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #501  
Die Cut Diva

I am on lazy duty tonight. DH said I am even not supposed to type with my left hand! The novocain has worn off now and let's just say I don't feel like doing much. He even offered to help clean the house tomorrow before my Saturday class.

Pammy, that is a great story. Have a great time playing with the grandkids.

Amy, I hope the postman is nicer tomorrow. I live in a pony express town and it seems sometimes that they traded the pony for a donkey. I am usually a day or two behind everyone else.

I got all the cards done to full cards (those that weren't already ;) ) and will be bringing them to the RMH rep on Thursday. I also have pulled some of my stash out for Jen to send with the Christmas swap.

Now off to do nothing on the sofa. Maybe Kitchen Nightmares...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #502  
Matboard Maniac

I got my swaps today...had to open them in the driveway, who cares if it was a 1/2 mile walk back up to the house, just more time to drool over all the creativity! Everyone's card was absolutely beautiful, I see some CASEing in the near future--starting with my workshop this Saturday I believe!

You know, this little group is just wonderful...you have a bad day and come and get encouragement, or have a great day and come and encourage others--we all need that sometimes! Thanks for sharing a little piece of your life with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #503  
Matboard Maniac

Lisa--take care of that arm. You don't want to overextend yourself, especially with you planning your class on Saturday and then all your canning! Aren't drugs a wonderful thing?? Well, OK not all of them, but when you need them they are great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #504  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Angie,

Glad you popped on, so I can give you some wonderful comments about your card. It's so fancy!! I love how all the colors coordinate. I am so not good at that! Your card is awesome.

I am really loving that set. At first when we got it at convention, I was like, what the heck am I going to do with THAT? But now,it's one of my favs! Now, if someone can tell me something to do with the dang butterfly set I'll be all right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #505  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Lisa,
Please be careful. Get a good night's sleep and deal with life in the morning. I'd help you clean, but that isn't my strong suit either! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #506  
Crimping Master

Hey, ya'll! Just poppin' into say "Hi" and to tell everyone to take good care of themselves.

Jen, the Christmas swap sounds awesome, but I'd be really pushing myself to get it done. Do you have any takers for Winter Post or To You and Yours? If not, I MAY consider signing up.

Other than that, it's swap makin' this weekend, off to CT for a wedding next weekend, then immediate off to Houston. I'm being relocted for a 3 month assignment there. So, I've signed up for SA and will likely need swaps for that, too. Maybe I can use the swap I'm making this weekend and do double duty? Oh, and the Christmas one, too. :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #507  
Pearl-ExPert

Just got home from teaching piano and checked the mail. OH MY WORD!!!!! This is the best swap ever!

Each card has a WOW effect! Thanks to all of you for the effort to make this a great swap. I am so proud to be a Swap-aholic!!!!

Kathy

Last edited by stampin8mom; 09-18-2008 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #508  
Pearl-ExPert

P.S. Lisa, Thank you for sending these priority. That was 'over the top' of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #509  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Hi Angie,

Glad you popped on, so I can give you some wonderful comments about your card. It's so fancy!! I love how all the colors coordinate. I am so not good at that! Your card is awesome.

I am really loving that set. At first when we got it at convention, I was like, what the heck am I going to do with THAT? But now,it's one of my favs! Now, if someone can tell me something to do with the dang butterfly set I'll be all right!
Thanks Jen! I appreciate your comments about my card. I agree, I didn't love the set at convention either, but it has inspired me to go out of my safety box--I actually have used my watercolor crayons now!

You are my inspiration for exercise. I am trying to get back to running again (it's been awhile since college) but I am no triathlete. I'm starting small, a 5K in November and we'll go from there. I have to say the running has helped by stress at work, it's great to work out those frustrations! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #510  
Die Cut Diva

So, FIL just called and asked if I was ready for tomatoes...did I want them tomorrow...ah, how much I said...he says well, I guess we will see when we pick tomorrow, but neither of the other brothers want any this year so I can have as many as I can handle...I just about spewed on the phone as he does not know I got shot today! Handle is relative...so, I am off to cut for class tonight and then can my heart out tomorrow - and for sure take DH up on his offer to clean. Then after class on Saturday I get to can more. Anyone want to buy some yummy tomatoes?! I will have to give FIL spaghetti sauce when I am done for all those tomatoes. I will be sure to take a couple of pictures and post to my blog.

Okay - cutting paper is not too much to do. I will just take my time and I can always cut on Saturday morning before they arrive after I start a batch of sauce on the stove...

Angie - I do have so vicadin in the closet...I have only taken one of the 10 but they are over a year old. Think I will stick to wine. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #511  
Die Cut Diva

But maybe I will wait on the wine until after I cut for my class :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #512  
Stazon Splitcoast

Be careful Lisa! Take the Vicodin before you go to bed. :-) And some good, old fashioned calcium!

I can't wait to see all the swaps! They had better come tomorrow. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #513  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post

Angie - I do have so vicadin in the closet...I have only taken one of the 10 but they are over a year old. Think I will stick to wine. ;)
I don't blame you for that Lisa--Vicodin is not one of my favorite drugs. It helps the pain, yes, but it is more of a cover up for the problem. However, an over the counter non-steroidal drug like ibuprofen will do just as much good for tendonitis as any prescription med like it. The only thing really stronger is a steroid like the cortisone shot you got today. But, you can still take ibuprofen or something like that along with the shot if your stomach can tolerate it. If not, stick to the wine, at least you won't care if you are hurting then! Good luck and don't lift that canner, you might really do some damage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #514  
Matboard Maniac

(((waving madly))) Hey Amy! I still miss you!!! I am looking forward to our daily walk to Convention next August...I know I am planning ahead, but I had such a good time this year I can't wait till next year.
Have a great rest of the week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #515  
Die Cut Diva

I checked the closet and I already tossed the meds...they were oldish anyway. I am taking 2400 of Ibu a day and take a couple tylenol at bedtime. The acid reflux is really not liking the ibu, but hopefully that will only be for 3 weeks. DH said, well you are 40 something now...good thing he volunteered to help clean. And no lifting pots! That's what he is for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #516  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Hi ladies! Got my swaps today and they are GOR-GEOUS!!!!

Who made the train card? There is no name on that one......

Can't chat - busy voting for my friend's daughter's beanie baby... voting ends in just under 4 hours.... If you have a minute, we'd love the votes..... http://makemybeanie.ty.com/mkmybeani...p.php?id=12534

you can refresh the page and get a new code and vote again.... and again.... LOL! If you make it over there, THANK YOU!!!! If you wanna see the "artist", look at stampinchickadee's avatar. That's her with the dog.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #517  
Kookie Creator

Just popping in to say hi and THANK YOU! Loving all the swaps I got today! Lisa - thanks for expediting but you didn't even keep my other postage! I owe you! Take care of your arm!

Thanks again

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #518  
Glitter Guru

Lisa (biffsbee)- Take it easy with that arm and all your crazy busy stuff!

Lisa (Crazycatstamper) - I voted a few times for that cute cow. Hope she wins!

Angie - I always smile when I see you pop in here. Miss my convention buddies! I hope you and Amy will let me hang out again, even if I don't walk with ya in the mornings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #519  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Angie - I always smile when I see you pop in here. Miss my convention buddies! I hope you and Amy will let me hang out again, even if I don't walk with ya in the mornings.
Hmmm, welll, I dunno. Hmm.

OK! :-) I miss my buddies, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #520  
Glitter Guru

Hi ladies! Just checking in to see how everyone is. My allergies have been horrible since last week. Tomorrow I finally see my allergy doctor. He's been doing volunteer work this week at all the shelters for the hurricane victims. He's an asthma specialist and apparently a lot of people are really experiencing problems which doesn't surprise me because of the allergens in the air that set off the asthma. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that too!

So, has the swap date been decided. I answered the PM and hopefully I'm on the list. I just got back swaps this ween from GWTW's swap and SDiegogals swaps. Both were really good. I just finished up my monthly demo swap that I hostess and am putting those in the mail tomorrow (it's a small group of 8 so not too bad). I got two invited via email this week from people I swapped with at convention inviting me to join their "exclusive swaps". I have my Manly swaps to do and will get them done on Sunday. I'm all set for my two club meetings Saturday afternoon and my class Saturday night. Tomorrow I just have to touch up the house and then I plan on doing a little relaxing. Maybe go to a movie with DH since he's off. Honestly, I don't know where this week went. I thought I would have so much more time since I'm not working (outside the home) but my weeks have been flying by. Have a great weekend everyone. I'll check back soon!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes