Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #361  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morning girls! Congrats on finishing things up Lisa and Amy!

I have a women's retreat at church this weekend, but yesterday a friend and I finished the gift bags and journals so I'm done with that. Hooray!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #362  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good news: Fridge is fixed....only $150!!

Bad news: I probably threw away that amount in food, though there were some ancient things in there that needed to be gotten rid of anyway. Like bacon from 2006...how the heck did I miss that in my freezer cleanings?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #363  
Insane Embellisher

Jen - I'm happy you found some humor in your situation. At least your bacon from 2006 wasn't hidden in the dark depths of the fridge instead!

Love the cards & projects on your galleries ladies!

Paula - can I get a pattern for the slipper? Might be a cute favor for the bridal party we are throwing next weekend - you know, happily ever after and all. I can PM you my email if you need it!

I have my class tonight - only two customers but they are fun and we'll get done in under an hour. After that I FINALLY get to place my order (expediting it of course since I'm a slacker and need the Say it with Scallops set for my camp on the 20th!)

By the way, has anyone done demonstrator workshops and have any tips for me? I just do camps so I'm having a hard time figuring out what to show at my workshop so that I don't overwhelm them (this is a completely new crew so I have no idea what they know/don't know/even like!) Advice welcome on this one.

Take care all,
Stacy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #364  
Die Cut Diva

Rhonda your super sa swap arrived today

Jen - I agree with Stacy, at least you can find some humor. here's hoping the weeend is most agreeable for you!

Stacy - my only advice is keep it simple - remember you are showing them what they can do, not what you can do. I demo a card, a scrap page (6x6 0r 8x and then one or two more cards (depending on difficulty of the first two. The last card I demo is also what they get to make-n-take. I do a brief catalog tour at the beginning too - In Color overview and now mention decor elements. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #365  
Glitter Guru

Stacy- The pattern for the glass slipper is the one that ellen hudson came up with. Two small changes, the one that *amystamps and I made are maybe 60% of the full size one that her pattern makes. And the toe is rounded instead of square. I took a round glue stick and put it where the toe is and traced around it to make it round.

Here is the thread that has the pattern: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

They are a bit of work. I thought for a split second about making them for them for the bridal shower I did tonight. But I was in a bit over my head as it was and I just needed to stop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #366  
Glitter Guru

Sorry, I didn't mean to end my post right there.

Also to Stacy- I found this thread one day that has this great beginners stamp work sheet in it. They get a chance to practice all the basics. I might just use it at my up coming workshop.

Here's that thread: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #367  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you Lisa & Paula for the help! I like the idea of remembering "It's about what they can do, not what I can do." - I should take that though into my meeting tomorrow at work - hee hee!

Class went well tonight. I have my xmas camps full and my RMH camp on the 20th. Finally got to place that order! I bought the Designer Papers, all the new ribbons, and I didn't really like any of the stamp sets in the mini but I have to buy one for a group swap so I bought the scary snowman, I mean Mr. Twigster. Hopefully when I create a cute card with it and find it less creepy....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #368  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Workshop advice......the Inspired by nature card from convention.....I've sold 6 of them (and I have few customers who buy rather than just attend my classes). That is the best response I've ever had to a set. They also loved the idea that a 6X6 square could be that size card (that fits in the small long top load envie) or a scrapbook page.

Last edited by rhondag; 09-12-2008 at 06:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #369  
Glitter Guru

Hi ladies, I just wrote out a whole post and forgot to hit the post reply button. What a day I'm having. First off I keep loosing this thread! If it wasn't for Amy's siggy I might not have found it again. I just put it in my favs so maybe it will be there when I look for it again. I have a class tonight so I need to go get dinner made up and then lay down for a short nap. I've been up since 3 a.m. because I had a severe allergy attack and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm starting to feel it now. This weekend I have to start preparing for my clubs next weekend but my class projects are done and cut. I don't know what to do with my clubs because there is so much I want to share! It's hard narrowing it down. I have my Mini catalog swap with Belinda to work on this weekend. It's due the 27th. I have one prototype done and the other halfway done but both require a lot of watercoloring. DH has to work all weekend so I should have time to work on those. Only two coming to class tonight the other two have family coming in from the Houston area so they've moved to the class next week (same class just different night). We are supposed to get a lot of rain and some high winds here but nothing like they are getting to the SE of us. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I hope to check in more now that this is in my favs!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #370  
Die Cut Diva

Sharon, glad you found us. I am praying for all of you down in Ike's path. I hope it does not impact you too much. Sounds like you have a lot going on.

SA Swappers - So far I have 6 received and believe the rest are postal. It may be Tuesday (instead of Monday that they get back postal as a couple of us ladies have had life issues this week. Hugs to you and I hope the weekend is the recharge you need.

Tomorrow I will be finishing up with my swaps and starting another one that needs to be done by Monday morning too. And Pop called and said we will be canning tomatoes on Sunday...I will be making spaghetti sauce and then canning that - guess it will be one longgggg day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #371  
Glitter Guru

Can't wait to see all the great swaps!

My head ache is back again tonight so I am treating myself to a massage tomorrow. Can't wait! And I managed to lose a $120 check from our medical insurance company sometime in the past three weeks. I've torn my house apart looking for it and it's like it vanished. Maybe that is why I have a headache.

Really have to get my BS die swap done and postal by Monday. But today, I did finally get a bunch of stuff posted on the BST boards. The more I sell, the more I can buy. Right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #372  
Mad Swapper

Hi, Everyone! Wow, I've been AWOL for quite a while, and I've missed you all! Just reading through this thread, I'm amazed at everything you all have been doing in the past several weeks - getting classes and clubs going, doing workshops - you all rock! And all of that on top of busy jobs, school, homeschooling, families and life! Paula, I'm so concerned about your headaches and I sure hope that massage helps! And Jen, I hope your divorce mediation is going ok - that must be rough!

So I have been a major lagger as far as stamping goes! I have all of this new stuff that I just had to have - terrific stamp sets, all of that gorgeous new DSP, and of course the Big Shot - and what have I been doing with it??? Well, not much!!

But I do have an "excuse" - I have a brand new little grandson (hooray!) And of course I had to go to Seattle help with the last week of the pregnancy, then stay with my two-year-old grandson while Mommy and Daddy went to the hospital to "get the baby out", as my grandson described it. And then of course I needed to stay for a while to bond with little Thomas Jay, a beautiful, healthy little fella!

But I'm happy to report that I did finish my SA Swaps (yesterday! ;) ). Lisa, I express mailed them to you and they're guaranteed for arrival by 3 pm Saturday. Whew!

Now I'm going to check out all of your awesome blogs, and hopefully you all will inspire me! Hugs to you all!
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-babythomas.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #373  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Pamela, he is BEAUTIFUL! I want one! Babies are much more important than stamping, and we will give you a "pass." :-)

Glad you are doing well--I've been wondering where you were! {{Hugs}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #374  
Pearl-ExPert

Sharon, my heart is in my throat tonight for all those Texans who will be affected by the hurricane. We lived in Houston for a year - 9 years ago - right along the coast where the hurricane is hitting. We still have friends there and I am sure praying for everyone tonight!

Pam, what a beautiful baby! That's where I'm heading in a couple of weeks - my DD is set to have her second at the end of the month. I LOVE playing grandma!

And last of all, I am here to report that I have committed the unpardonable in the world of SA's! I didn't finish a swap. I had signed up for Michelle's (sandiegogal) swap and had put it in my PDA that it was due the 18th. I have been slowly working on it - but my 17 year old has had a lot of health issues these past couple weeks, and I've been suffering bad allergy attacks and migraines on top of it. I finally took my DD to the doctor and what we thought were asthma attacks were just acid reflux, compounded by anxiety attacks.

I got on the computer tonight to find a PM from Michelle asking about the status of my swaps, which I was planning on finishing this weekend, and realized that I had completely messed up! They were due on the 13th, not the 18th!!!! AAAAAARGH!

What can I do? Nothing except empty apologies at this point. :(

I am one of the life issues that Lisa was talking about in her post - I did get the SA swap mailed on the way home from the Dr. today.

Now I'm giving up and going to bed.

My name is Kathy and I'm a swap-aholic and I have fallen of the bandwagon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #375  
Stazon Splitcoast

{{{Hugs}}} to you, Kathy! It's ok! I know I over-committed to swapping. I am scaling back for Christmas swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 05:46 AM   #376  
Glitter Guru

Congrats Pamela! What a cute little baby boy!

Adding my (((hugs))) to Amy's for Kathy. We all have those weeks.

My brother lives just outside Houston and I can't wait to hear from him and make sure they survived the night. They are far enough inland that I am sure they are fine, but I'm the big sister so of course I have to worry.

I went to bed at 8:00 last night after taking some Advil PM. I didn't wake up until 7:00 this morning. Boy did I need a sleep like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #377  
Die Cut Diva

Pamela, congrats! He is beautiful. What a joyful excuse not to be stamping.
I have been praying for all of those affected by Ike - including those of us who have friends and family whom we are waiting to hear from.
Paula, glad to hear you slept well. That is the biggest help for what ails our bodies. I hope your headache is better today and that you find that check where you least expect it. I recently found a pair of earrings I lost months ago in the drawer where I keep gift wrap stuff. No idea how they got there! Of course that was after I bought another pair of the same earrings cause I just wear them all the time...go figure.
Almost done with my swaps. Just have to switch laundry loads and finish up.
Happy stamping today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #378  
Glitter Guru

I heard from my parents who have heard from my brother and they survived OK and ended up on the west side (or the ever so slightly weaker side) of the storm. They are without power of course. The eye passed right over my SIL's sister's area however but it sounds like they did OK too. The crazy thing is, my other younger brother lives in St. Louis and that is where the storm is headed tomorrow. And they live in a mobile home. But they should be fine unless it spins off a tornado that randomly hit's their community.

I am determined to finish my BS swap today. Someone hold my feet to the fire and make me do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #379  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula, I'm glad you're feeling better! My prayers also go out to all affected by the storms.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #380  
Die Cut Diva

Paula that is good news. Hoping the St Louis area just gets a little rain and the severe weather just blows away. Now get that swap done ;)

My SA Swap is done, labeled, bagged and posted on my blog (no peeking if you like surprises). Now to start my upline group swap...going to play with my BS and see what I come up with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #381  
Pearl-ExPert

Well a good night's sleep really does do wonders for the brain! After pm'ing back and forth with Michelle I'm going to pm all the gals on my part of the swap and offer to mail them their cards individually. Redemption!

Paula, I'm glad your family in the Houston area made it thru. Hopefully the wins won't be too bad when it hits St. Louis.

I know we in OK may get some residual effects tonight, but we're on the west side of the hurricane and the winds aren't supposed to be that bad on the west side. Not that bad - as opposed to what??? considering hurricane strength winds. We'll just have to wait and see.

Happy Saturday to all!
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #382  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, good, Kathy! I bet you feel much better! :-)

Jen, are you hosting the SA Christmas swap? Any details of dates yet, and do I need to put a "dibs" in on the set I want to use? :-) (Christ is Born, btw. Or Christmas Classics if the first one is taken.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #383  
Stampin' Fool

Default My first online order...

I received my first online order yesterday. It was from a customer I know but rarely orders. She liked that she didn't have to wait to put in her order when I have an order going in. I think it's funny cause she only ordered one On Board Book Basics and paid the min. shipping. I only charge 10% shipping for adding on to any orders I am putting in. I'll take the order as I didn't have to do anything for it but pretty silly since she paid $9.95 to get a $9.50 item shipped to her and she would of only paid .95 with my order that went in today. I also got my first Lead from my DBWS- also someone I know that I didn't even know was interested in stamping and want to have a workshop on the 26th of September. I'm excited as it will be new customers to get a club going or camp attending or something as I have not done any of my convention goals. My schedule is so busy lately with my kids and my DH being out of town. At least Basketball doesn't start until next week (I coach, so can't really get out of it!)

I have been keeping up with my SA readings (although I haven't had time to respond or do any stamping) I feel like I know you all so well. If I don't respond I am still with you all and pray for you all when you need it and even if you don't think you need it (usually when you need it the most).

Jen: pm me with dates for SA christmas swap, don't want to miss that one!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #384  
Mad Swapper

Pam- Congratulations! what a cute new grandbaby boy you have!

Kathy- don't sweat the small stuff! we all have made the swap date/time error. glad it worked out in the end.

Thinking of all of my stamping friends in the storm!

Speaking of storms, we got 7 inches of rain in my neighborhood here in Illinois. Parts not far north of us are completely under water. AND tomorrow we get what's left over of IKE. I hope that the winds stay low and only get the rain part. We already saw the streets (and my backyard flower gardens) flooded this morning and the creek a 1/4 mile away is at its banks already. So keep my basement stamp room in your thoughts all (I know this is the least of my worries.. .. but I will be sad if something happens to it) The sump pump has not stopped running for the last twenty minutes so I am a bit concerned for tomorrow. If we lose power, the basement will flood in no time at all. :(

On another front, I spent last night with my upline group stamping at a local hotel. it was a blast! got my big shot swaps done and Belinda's swap done.. that one's not due until the 27th. I am WAY ahead of myself!

OH and biggest news! I got a new job that is only 10 miles from home. I am so excited. currently I drive 35 miles each way- usually 1.5 hours driving in traffic.. this is such a blessing!!

have a good night all! sorry for the long post!

Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #385  
Mad Swapper

one other note.. got my GWTW swaps yesterday.. took them with me to my stamp night. the girls oohed and aahed over them. GREAT swaps!

Paula- You lovely flower fancy grey card is going to my mom tomorrow for her birthday. she is going to love it. Nice card. love the gatefold!

night all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #386  
Kookie Creator

Default Need a new camera!

Hey ladies

I need some suggestions on a new camera. Mine was dropped and broken and so I need a new one. I'm taking suggestions on my blog and giving away a stamp set so check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #387  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, I am hosting the SA Christmas swap. I will send out the deets, but just curious if anyone has any brilliant ideas about due dates. Is Nov. 1 too soon or too late? I figured some might need a break after the last swap. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #388  
Pearl-ExPert

Liz, congrats on the new job! I know it will be great not having to make the big commute every day. Especially with the gas prices!

Jen, I think Nov. 1 is a great date! Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #389  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wouldn't want to go any later than that, Jen. Could we maybe have them back by Nov 1? Somewhere in that range, anyway. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #390  
Glitter Guru

Amystamps - I left a comment on your blog about the camera thing. Good luck. I hope you get one you love.

Jen - I'd prefer them back by November 1 too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #391  
Glitter Guru

And Liz- congrats on the new job too. That's great.

Also, I finally finished my BS swap this afternoon. So glad to have that one done.

Still left to do:
Finalize my Shoebox Swap for Sept 27
A card swap for that day/group too
Christmas Card Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #392  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, so maybe in to me by 10/23 or something and I'll get them right back out, so long as they are all in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #393  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, I went through the thread and I think I have everyone's SCS info to send a PM to.

So, if you do not receive a PM about the swap by tomorrow evening, please let me know - in case I miss someone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #394  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, two people have already claimed Season of Joy, so if you have others that would be great.

If not, I'm OK with getting a bit more of one set, as I'd hate to leave people out. But that's just me....majority decision rules....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #395  
Kookie Creator

Jen - you can put me down for the Scandinavian Season - I'm Swedish and just had to have it!

Thanks for your comments so far on the camera - Cameras are on sale at Circuit City this week so I'm excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #396  
Crimping Master

Hi everybody!
Liz - Congrats on the new job! I went from a 40mile each way to a 5 1/2 miles each way commute 4 months ago. I can't believe how much happier I've been! no more rush hour traffic and getting up at 4am to be at work by 6am. You'll love the extra time at home.
I hope all of you and your loved ones that have been affected by the storm are safe and sound!
Kathy - I think that's great that you are mailing out your swaps individually. I'm in Michelle's swap too and my cards aren't there yet! Hopefully they will show up Monday or I'll be doing the same thing!
I'm off to go and see what Christmas sets I have (besides Season of Joy;) ) for the swap!
Have a great afternoon!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #397  
Glitter Guru

Jen- I have Snow Swirled, Big on Christmas and Wishing you Cheer. I could do any of those instead of Seasons of Joy. What isn't taken yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #398  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Jen- I have Snow Swirled, Big on Christmas and Wishing you Cheer. I could do any of those instead of Seasons of Joy. What isn't taken yet?
What I have so far is:

2 Season of Joy (including you)
1 Scandinavian Season
1 Snow Swirled
1 Cheers to You

Really, use what you want. I know we want these for business purposes, but I want everyone to have fun and have everyone be included!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #399  
Stazon Splitcoast

Put me down for Christ Is Born.

Jen, I pm'd ya! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #400  
Glitter Guru

I'll stick with Seasons of Joy then. Thanks Jen for organizing.
Reply With Quote Likes