Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why??

I have a question for all of us, myself included: why do we insist on putting layers and embellishments up the wazoo on our cards and think a card looks "naked" when it is just plain and simple? I love new techniques and new embellishments (I cruise Michaels regularly when SU is ending their year, before a new catty comes out). I love the card sketches I find here (I have them all printed out!). But sometimes when I look at the gallery cards and read what the poster says about the card, I realize that most of us aren't pleased with our cards unless they have lots of layers and embellishments (even paper piercing). Sooooo... I vote for real artwork in the way of making cards, and not relying on gadgets, embellishments, etc. to create my art for me! Anyone agree?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #2  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

There are tons of threads on this already Gail!
It is a style preference, of course! I myself actually like the less is more look, while some prefer the more is more. ;)

There is a whole thread on CAS- clean and simple, and just how many people love that look- (check out keyword search CAS)

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

i love them both ways! i love my razzle dazzle and my plain... like shoes, depends on my mood *wink*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love both styles. But I do wonder sometimes if I have been brainwashed (like that is hard to do) to use more stuff on my cards. But depending on what the card is for I use a less or more. I have really been enjoying the Limited Supply Challenge cards from this week. They are very clean and simple- and BEAUTIFUL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Personally I find myself going back and forth between very simple (like the card I made today- one stamp, 2 layers, no embellishments) and more elaborate cards with ribbons, embellishments, etc.

As others have said, I think it boils down to a matter of taste and style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like them both ways and just recently have made a few of the simplest cards I've ever done and I love them!! Of course, my "style" is basically all over the place.

I think it would be fun for anyone, if they are an "extreme embellisher" or a "keep it simple" person, to try the opposite and see where it leads. It stretches the imagination!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

I tend to keep most of my cards simple...mainly becasue I mail them, ans I am frugal, and I think just a little ADD, so I can't concentrate on a card long enough to make it super fancy. I love to look at the tricked out cards, I just don't seem to have the ability and I am drawn to classic, simple design.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

To me embellishments are the icing on the cake so to speak, but then again it's all about what the card needs.

if it looks better with less then fine, but some need embellies to make them "POP".

As I make a card I let it talk to me so so speak and go with what i feel it calls for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I find that it really depends on who the card is for. If it is for a stamper who I now expects more of me, I will try new techniques, add more layers, and embellish to the hilt! However, if it is someone who is not going to care if I spent five minutes or an hour, then I am probably only going to spend five minutes. I hate to think that I've spent time and creativity on a card that is going into the trash. Don't know what that says about me, but there it is.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #10  
A LOST 4400

I agree with you all. Bling is fun and ribbon is about my fave embellishment. Adding a few brads or ribbon or piercing is not going overboard on embellishing IMHO.

I don't really like to do a lot of layers, like one of you mentioned because it does make the card heavier but also, to me, it is intimidating for the newer stamper. I was talking to some of my club ladies, a few that are not newbies and they aren't multiple layer gals either.

I will say that when SU still sold the Perfect Layers tool, I wanted to be a layering fool! I LOVE that tool and was really surprised when they discontinued it. The first time I showed it at a workshop (when SU still had it) I sold 3!!!

As far as tools go, I do love me some punches!!!

This is what I love about SCS though. You can see all styles of cards and paper crafting. While something my not be "my thing", I appreciate the art.
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #11  
A LOST 4400

Quote:

Originally Posted by bksjonesView Post
I find that it really depends on who the card is for. If it is for a stamper who I now expects more of me, I will try new techniques, add more layers, and embellish to the hilt! However, if it is someone who is not going to care if I spent five minutes or an hour, then I am probably only going to spend five minutes. I hate to think that I've spent time and creativity on a card that is going into the trash. Don't know what that says about me, but there it is.:rolleyes:
I used to talk to a lady that owned a stamp store and she said "my brother gets Hallmark!"
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bksjonesView Post
I don't know what it says about me either. I too hate to think aobut all that might be trashed by someone who doesn't appreciate it. But if it is for my mom, who says she is going to frame each card I give her, I put lots of time and layers and embelishments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I typically make pretty simple cards - especially for the guys in my family

That being said, sometimes I just want a challenge - the more components, the more of a challenge (for me). I also feel better when I'm actually using things from my stash.

I like cards both ways. I agree with others, it just sort of depends on my mood and the occasion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

I tend to love a simple card just because I'm not so great at using lots of layers. In fact, yesterday a made a card with only two sheets of cardstock and a piece of patterned paper (plus my stamps of course . No ribbon, no embellishments and hardly any layers, but I still loved how it came out. Here's a link to a picture of it on my blog if anyone would like to see it

http://durcandesigns.typepad.com/sta...nk-stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissainkView Post
I typically make pretty simple cards - especially for the guys in my family

That being said, sometimes I just want a challenge - the more components, the more of a challenge (for me). I also feel better when I'm actually using things from my stash.

I like cards both ways. I agree with others, it just sort of depends on my mood and the occasion.
Congratulations on your new baby! What a fabulous birthday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Sooooo... I vote for real artwork in the way of making cards, and not relying on gadgets, embellishments, etc. to create my art for me!
I think this statement is really rude to the women who make beautiful artwork with embellishments. Just because they use stuff doesn't mean it doesn't take inspiration and their creativity to pull it off. I have a box of hardware, lots of flowers, ribbons, brads- and my cards don't come close to those of the best stampers. The embellishments don't make the card for you.

While I understand that some people prefer the clean and simple style of stamping, it's a preference. One way isn't necessarily better than the other, and using embellishments doesn't mean it's not "real artwork."

Me personally- I like stuff on my cards, but am too cheap to have a lot of it. And I don't think I've ever made anything considered "art" cause I'm just not very artsy myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

I think stampers LOVE all types of cards!! I know I do I don't think the original poster was trying to say that anyone's work is not real artwork. I think she just wanted to talk about giving simple cardmaking a go.

Last edited by Tracy-Stamper; 07-13-2008 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gail MacfaddenView Post
I have a question for all of us, myself included: why do we insist on putting layers and embellishments up the wazoo on our cards and think a card looks "naked" when it is just plain and simple? I love new techniques and new embellishments (I cruise Michaels regularly when SU is ending their year, before a new catty comes out). I love the card sketches I find here (I have them all printed out!). But sometimes when I look at the gallery cards and read what the poster says about the card, I realize that most of us aren't pleased with our cards unless they have lots of layers and embellishments (even paper piercing). Sooooo... I vote for real artwork in the way of making cards, and not relying on gadgets, embellishments, etc. to create my art for me! Anyone agree?

To some, buying stamps created with someone else's artwork and paper that has been dyed by a manufacturer mean your work is not "real art". Some people think that unless you start with a blank piece of paper or canvas your work isn't "real". My friend swears by making stamps with a carved potato.

To each his, or her own.

I vote for what makes you happy - isn't that what card making is about?

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

I try to keep it simple. I have noticed alot of the decoupage and collage stuff going on. Not really my favorite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Red face

a QUOTE=Skittl1321;10519120]I think this statement is really rude to the women who make beautiful artwork with embellishments. Just because they use stuff doesn't mean it doesn't take inspiration and their creativity to pull it off. I have a box of hardware, lots of flowers, ribbons, brads- and my cards don't come close to those of the best stampers. The embellishments don't make the card for you.

I understand where you are coming from, but believe you might have misunderstood me. I don't think cards made with embellishments are not classy or arty or beautiful. They are. I have favorited
great many, CASED some, made a great many myself, and as I mentioned before, I love to try new techniques, tools, and sketches.

But I have found lately that I try to impress others by using designer papers (I have drawers full and am always looking for more), brads and eyelets (I have the caddy from SU and a few other bins as well), punches (drawer full again), ribbons, tools, etc. etc. etc.... So I guess my question was really this: Am I alone in putting these touches on to "impress" others and do most of you make cards because you enjoy it and want to make someone's day with something you create, even if you yourself don't like it or think it looks "naked"?

I apologize if I offended ANYONE. I did not mean to do that; was just curious about my stamping motives and abilities, I guess.

Last edited by Gail Macfadden; 07-13-2008 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: quote didn't come out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Gail
I wasn't offended

I know where you were going - my potato friend thinks like you do and makes super simple cards that are still really stunning.....

I just love all kinds of cards -I have always loved things in miniature so I LOVE embellishments. I never feel a pressure to buy to impress people - I KNOW my style of card making is really different, and even strange to a lot of people, but I like doing it my way and I hope the people I give it to do too (never had a negative comment anyway)

Keep making those one layers! Do what you LOVE!

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

OUCH! As someone who likes to use layers, gadgets and embellishments up the wazoo I don't know how to feel about this.:confused:

Before SCS I was a simpler card maker, less layers, very few embellishments, since that is how my demo always showed cards. But that is HER style, not mine. I have also noticed that some of the most successful demo's make the most basic cards, and in some ways I think it is because that makes it easy to recreate and people think 'Hey, I can make this'. That's a pretty good way to sell items by showing people that with very few items you can make your own card.

BUT...........

Gadgets and extras do NOT make it easier. Give the same items to a group of people and you will see that some will look better than others, it's how you use them not what you use.

Just for you, here is a card that would be "real" art......ONE layer, no embellishments, no tools.

And I love it just as much as I LOVE this card which uses loads of fun stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
OUCH! As someone who likes to use layers, gadgets and embellishments up the wazoo I don't know how to feel about this.:confused:

Before SCS I was a simpler card maker, less layers, very few embellishments, since that is how my demo always showed cards. But that is HER style, not mine. I have also noticed that some of the most successful demo's make the most basic cards, and in some ways I think it is because that makes it easy to recreate and people think 'Hey, I can make this'. That's a pretty good way to sell items by showing people that with very few items you can make your own card.

BUT...........

Gadgets and extras do NOT make it easier. Give the same items to a group of people and you will see that some will look better than others, it's how you use them not what you use.

Just for you, here is a card that would be "real" art......ONE layer, no embellishments, no tools.

And I love it just as much as I LOVE this card which uses loads of fun stuff!
I love all your creations!!!! Your work is amazing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

I can't post a card without hearing something said of how 'simple' it is. I've never thought that was a good compliment, really. I guess simple is just my style, and although I really like some of the multi-layered, super accessorized cards in the gallery, when I go to make one, my brain does not create that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #25  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

I think anything that makes you happy as a stamper/artist is what you should do. I don't do my work to please anyone else but myself. If it makes me happy to use lots of stuff...I do it. Most times I use very few layers as I love creating scenes and like to have as much room to do it as I can get. I use mostly two or three layers. But that is only because that is what makes me happy. I love to see all kinds of cards from the very simple to the heavily embellished. There is no wrong or right style....only what is roght for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

I for one relying on a couple of brads or a length of ribbon to "make" my cards because I have no real skill in watercoloring, gamsol-techniquing, or any of the other beautiful ways other people can do for gorgeous cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin in OkcView Post
I can't post a card without hearing something said of how 'simple' it is. I've never thought that was a good compliment, really.
Erin in OKC- Please DO consider it a compliment. There is nothing wrong with "simple." Sometimes it lets the sentiment shine through, or puts the emphasis right on your focal image, without the distraction of lots of embellishments.

As other posters have said, whatever makes you happy, or whatever has evolved as your style, is good. I love 'em all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

a QUOTE=Skittl1321;10519120]I think this statement is really rude to the women who make beautiful artwork with embellishments. Just because they use stuff doesn't mean it doesn't take inspiration and their creativity to pull it off. I have a box of hardware, lots of flowers, ribbons, brads- and my cards don't come close to those of the best stampers. The embellishments don't make the card for you.

I understand where you are coming from, but believe you might have misunderstood me. I don't think cards made with embellishments are not classy or arty or beautiful. They are. I have favorited
great many, CASED some, made a great many myself, and as I mentioned before, I love to try new techniques, tools, and sketches.

But I have found lately that I try to impress others by using designer papers (I have drawers full and am always looking for more), brads and eyelets (I have the caddy from SU and a few other bins as well), punches (drawer full again), ribbons, tools, etc. etc. etc.... So I guess my question was really this: Am I alone in putting these touches on to "impress" others and do most of you make cards because you enjoy it and want to make someone's day with something you create, even if you yourself don't like it or think it looks "naked"?

I apologize if I offended ANYONE. I did not mean to do that; was just curious about my stamping motives and abilities, I guess.
I understood what you were driving at.

Perhaps it is because you are still searching for what it is that truly most appeals to you? And, that's OK!

I'm on a quest myself to figure out just what my style really is; dunno if I've found it yet, but, I'm having a good time searchin'! ;)

Years ago, I used to do lots more complex stuff, I was more into techniques, and was willing to explore more time/labor-intensive projects.

Now, not only am I exceedingly instant-gratification in nature, but, my personal tastes have shifted dramatically over the last 4-5 years.

I admire more complex designs, but, yes, I've found, at this point in my journey, that clean, simple, and a more minimalist approach to design is most likely to snag my attention, and what really floats my boat when it comes to my own creations.

I tend not to ponder whether or not anybody else likes it, except for the recipient and myself.

So, I say: Give yourself the freedom to not be concerned whether or not your designs impress anyone else because you used this or that--It's a very liberating feeling, Gail!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #29  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

julie if i could make clean and simple one layerish cards like you, my journey would be done.

you rock girl!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #30  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This topic is interesting to me because although I am a plain and simple fan, I trade with a group that I think likes more over less. I feel conflicted - I either add a flower and ribbon or whatever even though I like it more without and feel guilty or I DON'T add anything but leave it like I like it and then I worry if it'll please them. It's a no win situation for me.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

It all depends on my mood if I am creating from scratch. Sometimes I feel like doing a 1 or 2 layer plain and simple card and hope that the colors/dp/design will carry the card. Other times, a few embellies make the card look better.

As for the use of simple, Erin, if the comment is something like simple and elegant, be complimented!! If the comment is something like simple and stupid, then, um, don't be complimented. When I comment, if I put simple and ... (whatever adjective applies) it is always a compliment.

It is all self-expression and individual creativity and there is no right or wrong. Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

If gas, groceries and postage keep going up, we may all have to go to lighter, less layered and embellished cards in the years to come...simply for economical reasons, LOL !;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

I have two friends from whom I get the impression that they like clean and simple (one loves IKEA and the other's house is stark and all the decorative fixtures and furniture that she chooses look industrial, with clean lines - no frills, no flourishes). I can't stand it when I feel that I should try to make a clean and simple "naked" card for them - it feels like I shortchanged the card, and I feel hollow inside. On the other hand, I feel very fulfilled if I make a very detailed card, full of layers and busy-ness.

The other time when I make "naked" cards is when I am in a hurry, and I don't particularly like those cards either. Come to think of it, I make a great many cards I don't particularly like, just because the ones I DO enjoy making take days to think of and to make and several hours to replicate.

BUT, I never buy embellishments or decorate paper to impress others (I try to do that with my colouring instead *grin*). The fanciest embellishments I have ever bought are the recent hodgepodge stuff that is on sale now, and those are restricted by me only for use for my husband ('cause he is the #1 admirer of my cards). Also, all the designer papers that I have are the ones that he bought for me, specifically for me to use on cards for him. But I have a hard time using it, so I tend to make my own decorative paper with pattern stamps instead.

But, I DO want to make someone's day even if it means that I'll be making a card that I detest (usually a guy card). After all, I wouldn't be the one who ends up stuck with it, ya know? But when I make such a card (guy card), I have no illusions about impressing anyone. :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
I love all your creations!!!! Your work is amazing

Thanks, your very sweet! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #35  
Stampin' Fool

Interesting reading everyone's comments!

I embellish and layer because that is what I like... I make what I like and what inspires me... the only consideration I have is for the reciever and then I just try to incorporate something that says I made this for you - like their fav color or stamps that reminds me of them!

So I say - go forth and create and don't worry about what others think - if you get joy out of it that is really all the matter!!!

If it's one layer or 10 - no embelishments or 12 - it really doesn't matter as long as you enjoy the journey!!!

Happy creating to you all!

Life is not about weathering the storm - It's about dancing in the rain!

My blog: www.kattoys.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love looking at all different styles.

My ever evolving "style" tends to be layered. I love patterned and textured papers and have a humongous stash of them. I also love rhinestones and ribbon and have stashes of those as well. Hence, I want to use them, so I don't feel guilty!

If I'm making a card for a friend who I know will appreciate it and keep it, I'll go all out, especially if it's accompanying a gift and can go into a package.

However, for my daughter's friends and for cards going through the mail, I tend to streamline things a bit and send simpler cards since I know that the card will likely end up immediately trashed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #37  
Inky OceanGazer

I tend to like card with lots of layers and I particularly like cards popped with white and/or black........but that is not for everyone......and that is the fabulous aspect of stamping.......you can give the same stamp and colors to ten stampers and get 10 totally different results.....all of them wonderful art work.........that's what makes this site rock....the variety in the galleries.....wouldn't it be boring if we all did the same thing.......???

well..that is my humble opinion......and, as others have said, sometimes our own styles change by day, or mood, or challenge......what is that old saying....'Variety is the spice of life'....or something like that.....

happy stamping all....be it simple or complex...I look forward to it all......tfs
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #38  
Mad Swapper

Talking Clean and simple

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin in OkcView Post
I can't post a card without hearing something said of how 'simple' it is. I've never thought that was a good compliment, really. I guess simple is just my style, and although I really like some of the multi-layered, super accessorized cards in the gallery, when I go to make one, my brain does not create that way.
I just wanted to let you know that I have complimented cards for being clean and simple and have really meant it as a huge compliment! Maybe there is a better way to say it?...It seems like i go thru different phases on what I like to create and what I'm drawn to based on my mood, the weather and Lord knows what else. For awhile I was trying to create w/ more layers and then I started being drawn to the cleaner lines and simpler style...so when I would comment on that on someone elses it was b/c I really loved what the person did and was studying for help. I think it is a definite style the same as the embellished ones are and all take creativity to get it work, at least for me. Anyway, enough of my rambling. I was just hoping you would know that at least for me, those statements were genuine compliments. God Bless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #39  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittie747View Post
I think anything that makes you happy as a stamper/artist is what you should do. I don't do my work to please anyone else but myself. If it makes me happy to use lots of stuff...I do it. Most times I use very few layers as I love creating scenes and like to have as much room to do it as I can get. I use mostly two or three layers. But that is only because that is what makes me happy. I love to see all kinds of cards from the very simple to the heavily embellished. There is no wrong or right style....only what is right for you.
totally agree with you, Kitty! I can appreciate the *simple* and the *multi-layered*. The thing for me, I made one simple simple card and it was not easy at all ... a more embellished card is up my alley!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 11:16 PM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

I love both styles and use both, but during very different circumstances. If I were mass producing a card--say for the birth announcement I have to prep for and make--I try not to layer too much or get too elaborate because anything "frou frou" or rich in layers would take too long and begin to drive me crazy making 50 of the same design. But for let's say a birthday card for my best friend--I'll go into the layers and details because it's well, just one (or two, if I decide to keep a copy of the design for me).
Reply With Quote Likes