Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not done! But my excuse is that I wasn't expecting my mom to ask me to make hers. She never has asked before. So I have made 80 . . . for someone else to send.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

mine are done (i hope i didn't sell too many), i just need to address and mail them. i dread that!

i will prolly take them to work and address them in my 'down time'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Mine are done...because I bought them this year. :oops: I just couldn't make the time. I feel guilty but maybe next year I will plan my time better. How sad, all those stamps, all that paper, and I still had to go store bought. Sigh...:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

you guys make me feel better that I don't have all mine done! Most of them are local and will be hand delivered so I have a little more time but there are about 15 that need to be mailed by this weekend. I struggle with mass production but then have a hard time coming up with that many different designs! I need to realize that most of the recipients won't know that someone else got the same card and it is hand made so there is still that personal factor. I just need to get off my butt and make some cards! (and get off of SCS!) I did get a couple great ideas from the gallery though with sets that I have and didn't know what to do with!

I would like to say that next year I will be proactive and get them done in advance but really, who am I kidding!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #45  
Insane Embellisher

I'm not quite done but I'm almost there. I'll be glad to get them finished and in the mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #46  
Kookie Creator

I have them all cut out and ready to be assembled but on Thanksgiving Day I had a little medical emergency and I won't be out of the hospital until tomorrow. At least I don't have a whole lot to do once I get home!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Started (sorta)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleSGView Post
I have them all cut out and ready to be assembled but on Thanksgiving Day I had a little medical emergency and I won't be out of the hospital until tomorrow. At least I don't have a whole lot to do once I get home!!
Ouch!! Hugs to you Michelle

I'm making 60 cards (all the same design) - all the pieces, parts are cut out and ready - just got to make time to put them together - my wonderful DH ran one of the layers (60 pieces) through the Cuttlebug while I put up the tree last week (bless his heart!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #48  
Mad Swapper

I think I get the award because I have been working on mine for TWO years now! I make around 80 of the same design every year. (This is the LAST time for making all the same *($&#*(&$#*(& design!!!). I was making pocket cards and had them all cut out and somewhat assembled when I stumbled upon THE CARD in the gallery. Forget about all the work that I put into the pocket cards! I was making pink cards now! I called up my demo an ordered all the supplies I needed and started making those little pink suckers. Pretty soon I was sick of them too. But I perservered and sent out 80 of them on time last year!

So the pocket cards have been sitting in the dining room (where we never dine) taunting me......January.......February.......March.......t hey sat there looking back at me whenever I looked at them. April......May......June......by then it was almost too hot and I would get to them in the fall. July........August......September.........Hey! Gotta get the kids back in school and into a routine. October.......It's Halloween, gotta stamp for Halloween and DD's birthday this month! November.......I had a wisdon tooth out - wah! wah! wah!. So now it is December and although I don't feel like my back is up against the wall (they are 2/3 done), I am definately aware that there is sheet rock very close behind me!

I'll get them done. Really. IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR TWO SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought most of mine this year, and I feel guilty that I feel so *free* because of that decision! LOL Shouldn't I have *wanted* to make my own? I really didn't this year, for some reason. Never could wrap my brain around it, and then my 15 year old daughter (who had to watercolor all 50 last year) convinced me to buy them. :-)

My letter is done. Have the stamps and the address labels. I wrote personal notes in 10 today, and my goal is to do 10 each day this week till they're done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just mailed all mine out on Saturday...YEEHAH...! on to the next holiday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

I'm done making them - I did 80. I groove on the assembly line mode of production. Started mine Thanksgiving weekend. I should say, I choose a design that isn't hard to reproduce.

I also make sure I can get enough materials to complete a card. Once, I started a card with a special color of brads and I ran out...couldn't find replacements. I decided to custom emboss each brad so they would match. That was CRAZY.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

I am SO glad like most of you I've not done mine yet either.. I have said to myself now for a month.. ok Saturday gonna sit down and do them. I dont need that many really.. just seems like time is passing by quickly this year... heck this century it seems!! One would think with insomnia I would work on cards, but by the time I go to my brain is mush and say "ok Saturday" Uhmm its 2 weeks before Christmas and I've barely made a dent in the shopping.. hmm I wonder maybe on Christmas Eve I will do them?? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #53  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikoView Post
Done??? How about not started!!
Add another MAJOR procrastinator to the list! And how 'bout the fact that I haven't done Christmas cards for the last 2 Christmases?!?!

Ah, me. One of these decades I'll have my life under control!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #54  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 602 Likes on 422 Posts

My cards are done, now I just need to dress my 3 boys up and take a picture, you think that would be easy! We haven't had the time, there is always someplace that one of them needs to be! Then I have to write the envelopes and get them in the mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #55  
Rubber Obsessor

I have 20 of 60 done. Can't stand the design anymore, but am brain dead as to how to make the others. So why am I here and not checking out the gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:44 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've thought and thought about this all day and made an executive decision ~ I'm not sending cards this year.

Aaahhhh, I feel so free!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

Haven't started yet.

I don't make all different cards though. I pick one stamp set, my colors, a design, and I make them all basically the same, just coordinating the colors with the image or some slight difference like that.
~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #58  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleSGView Post
Oh, you poor thing! That's a long hospital stay and I hope you are feeling much better. Hugs to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #59  
Glitter Guru

I designed a card that I love, but is too complicated to make 50+. So I made about twenty before I got tired of cutting out the flowers. Now I just have to decide what to do for the rest, but I still have some cards cut from my Crank last week, so I'll probably make those up for some of them. And then I just ordered some more olive cs today to make some others.

And then I decided yesterday that I have to come up with a completely different design to send to a few loyal customers because they've seen all my other designs at classes. And of course that one has to be amazing so they will want to buy more stamps from me! No pressure or anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #60  
Glitter Guru

I guess I should also mention that we had our Christmas card picture taken before my DS had his surgery in July. YESTERDAY, I finally ordered the prints so I could put them in the cards I am still making. Talk about procrastinating. I hope they get here this week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Done and mailed last week. I made 55 and purchased another 50. Maybe next year I can make them all but there just wasn't enough time this year and much less stress this way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #62  
Kookie Creator

Pictures? You people are overachievers!
Thanks for the well wishes from everyone, I've never been layed up in a hospital like this and I find it very depressing (see blog for details)! It'll be short lived though and the dh, that is just dying for me to get home, may just survive this horribly trying time for him. Husbands, not so durable...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlternateRealityView Post
I've *sort-of* started... I have made up a few preliminary designs, but I'm still deciding which I want to make en masse.
I'm dealing with the same situation. I've been making holiday cards here and there since August, but still want to make more "prototypes" to choose from before making a bunch of the same cards. Oh and I also need to get started on Christmas party favors for family, gift tags, a gift basket, etc.!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

How funny! Mine are usually done before Thanksgiving but not this year... I decided to see if I could sell finished products to make some extra money and got way more orders than I expected. So now I'm feeling guilty - my mom says I'm the cobbler whose kids don't have shoes...

But then I thought of a quirky idea... How many people do you know that wait until they get Cmas cards in the mail, THEN send a card in return? So I'm thinking that I will take a year off, see who actually sends me cards because they WANT to instead of feeling like they have to. I'm guessing that will take my list down from making 80 every year to at least a *few* less, lol! But then guilt set in again and I looked around tonight for a simplistic layout and think I found one I like and can throw together for my own 'guilt' version of mailing to those who have mailed to us...always the peace keeper ;-)

"The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it." ~Charles Swindoll
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2007, 09:33 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Only family and stampin friends are getting stamped cards. Shhhhh....store bought for other people. I really need to join the Christmas card challange for next year!!! This is killin me as I wanted to start in Oct but got sick....then well you know never started the cards then. I need HELP!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 AM   #66  
Stampin' Fool

I only send hand-made cards to those I know will really appreciate them: Certain family members, special friends and my stamp club members. All told, I only need to make about 40. I'm about 3/4 of the way done. My Christmas Poem about my family's past year is written (that was the easy part, as I love writing poetry), and the other 60 cards are all addressed, stamped, and waiting for the family picture to be inserted (which will be taken tonight and printed tomorrow). I should finish up by this Friday (crossing fingers here).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 05:52 AM   #67  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikoView Post
You could always crop your picture down to ONLY show your belly (lol). And a little of the tree of course!
Haha, that would be kind of funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 AM   #68  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

This is the first year that I have not made all the cards the same. I decided in October that I would use the daily challenges to get my Christmas cards done. So almost every challenge I took part in became a Christmas card! I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing nothing else from me, but with yesterday's technique challenge, I finished my last one. Got them addressed and stamped and they are on their way to the Post Office this morning.

I will probably do them the same way next year. With all the other Christmas projects I have to complete, I would be pulling my hair out trying to get 60 cards done as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 06:08 AM   #69  
Glitter Queen

I'm glad that I'm going to meet my family at Christmas and so I need only some little cards on the presents...and I've decided that only my good friends and those family members not being with us at Christmas get a card...so I'll need only about 10-15 cards...should be done till December,20th, shouldn't it ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nope, I wasn't done either.

Instead of stressing over it any longer I bought a box yesterday *gasp* and ordered some photo cards online this morning.

Now I'm done ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 07:45 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmfergView Post
Nope, I wasn't done either.

Instead of stressing over it any longer I bought a box yesterday *gasp* and ordered some photo cards online this morning.

Now I'm done ;)
I busted out laughing when I read this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #72  
Glitter Guru

Mine aren't done either!! Yikes...I am so busy with other commitments that I haven't found the time to finish them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #73  
Stampin' Fool

Hey, I just discovered one advantage to not yet having finished my holiday cards: I just returned from my LSS where I found all clear acrylic holiday stamp sets on sale half off. I picked up two sets, one by Rubber Soul and one by Memory Box - score!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #74  
Pearl-ExPert

I got 12 ready to be mailed tomorrow and about 30 more to still make. This year I have decided to do different versions and should have started sooner than I did. But I have a ton of other things in the works too. UGH! and here I sit looking at SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #75  
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mailed round 3 today, and only have my closest SCS friends to send to...about 9 more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #76  
Hardware Hotshot

My friends will be lucky to get theirs by New Years. If at all! LOL! Maybe I'll just save them all for next year. :rolleyes:

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #77  
Kookie Creator

OK - after spending agonizing hours trying to put together a card I was happy with ........ I have decided to return to my Hispanic roots and attempt to send out cards for New Years Day and the Epiphany (3 Kings Day - January 6) ... let's see how that works ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

I'm not done either. I've been super stressed out lately due to school and work and visiting family and home and and... UGH!

Anyway, I bought the stuff to make the cards and DH happily suggested to me that we just send them out after Christmas because we've got more important things to worry about right now. Truly that lifted a huge weight off my shoulders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #79  
Kookie Creator

Default no...I think I won...

It's December 23rd and I have only 3 cards finished and almost all the other ones done. I thought I could get them done recovering from a total hysterectomy and bladder suspension surgery....who was I kidding. I was sent home the same day at 1:00 p.m., surgery was at 7:15. I started out doing just great...then after a few days and the meds ran out...what pain. So needless to say, I had hubby and my son, 9 year old, trying to help. Who would of thought I made a very complicated one...but once I started telling them what I needed done...hmmmmm Definetely more complicated than I thought. Oh well....people will definitely understand (especially good friends and family)....that's the way I"m looking at it.

Just had to post....

Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #80  
Hardware Hotshot

Mine are actually done, but not written in nor addressed (That part is tedious and I procrastinate doing it!). Oh well, Dec. 26 it is!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes