Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #121  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Michael's store was putting out some of the new Martha stuff today (no white gloves). I have to say, I was impressed with what I did see. I had previously heard rumors of it being way overpriced but the items I saw were right in line with what other companies charge. Very generously sized containers of fine glitter (easily 3 times the amount of a container of Dazzling Diamonds) in gorgeous colors that I have not seen elsewhere for $4.99. Embellishment sheets, stickers, rub-ons, etc, in the $3-$4 range. Clear stamp sets (alphabets, etc.) for $12.99. Tools were more expensive, but it seems like most companies overprice on tools. The sticker sheets of labels, etc. were CUTE! Very simple, classic, almost retro looking as is her typical style. There are sets of favor boxes, bags, etc. that are very cute and will be great for embellishing. Probably too pricey to actually buy enough for use at parties, etc. but I think they will be perfect for special stamped gifts, etc.

Honestly, I think the line will do really well. Concerns that I heard at CHA/Memory Trends conferences, etc. were that it would not be anything "new" and that it would not appeal to scrapbookers. I did not see the patterned paper, and I know that the size of the paper (18x1 is a concern for a lot of scrapbookers, but other than that issue, I think the line is very appealing. It definitely has it's own "feel" and "brand" and it is definitely different than anything out there. Or at least, it's as appealing as a lot of other things out there.
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 AM   #122  
Crimping Master

Huh, no idea why a smilie showed up where I typed 18x18!
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #123  
Kookie Creator

I had no idea the 40% coupon could not be used on MS product and obviously the associate neither as I used my JoAnn coupon on an adorable craft kit for one of my Granddaughters to make 6 really cute 'thank you' cards with all the trimmings'....It's so cute and nice for the young gals to make to give for the gifts they recieve, when they're not around 'Grammy' to stamp them from scratch..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #124  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw some of the paper. I saw some stuff in rolls that looked to be like 24x24 but then I also saw packs of 12x12 (think of how Crate Paper comes) that were double-sided and 24 (8 designs) for $10.99 which seemed reasonable.

Her display colors are Cool Caribbean and Chocolate Chip with maybe some Certainly Celery thrown in. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #125  
Mad Swapper

I saw the Martha stuff at my Michaels today. It is all beautiful but I really felt like I shouldn't touch it, although I think I may have coughed on it;) . I really liked some of the punches but that seemed high for a little punch, they had a nice butterfly. I did like the huge papers she had. You could make a really nice box out of it. I was the size of poster board I think. Very pretty and nice weight. Price for that was 1.99, not bad. Sadly I left empty handed. I couldn't find a thing to use my 40% coupon on. :( I know I must be coming down with something to not use a coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #126  
Hardware Hotshot

Like or dis-like, you have to give the woman credit for how far she has come!

I remember when she was making the *perfect* cupcake in he folks basement, the many years on different talk shows as she *worked* up the ladder of success.

She has what she has, because she earned it, not her family, ex-husband or any boyfriends. She earned it.

If ever in the world I needed the *perfect* something or needed to know how the *perfect* something needed to be done, she is the one I would want to ask. I have seen her in person on a talk show in LA years ago, she did everything on stage, by herself and it was amazing!

Like her or dis-like, but cut out the slamming & rudeness, we've grownups here, aren't we?

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #127  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: keeping my 7 yr old still, while I'm in stampin' bliss!

Our MS stuff was out on Wed and I took a look at it. It looked beautiful and VERY organized, but I didn't buy anything. I didn't look closely at the prices, but I did notice the prices of the beautiful organization boxes. (I really liked those). I thought 16.99 was too expensive for them, and I was excited to be able to use my 40% off coupon on it at another time. Guess I won't be buying it, as I won't unless I can use a coupon. Too expensive for me!

I think MS needs to deflate her head a bit. It's going to be interesting to see how sales are in the next few months. It might be ok in the beginning, but after the first month or so, will people continue to buy it at full price?

Pretty soon the M's coupon is going to have more "can't use this with....." than there is space on the coupon. I think people are going to get very discouraged with them soon. I better use mine to buy up all the Cuttlebug stuff I want and asap. That will be the next thing that will be added to the "exclusion list".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 12:13 PM   #128  
Insane Embellisher

The Michaels in Topeka had the MS aisle nearly fully stocked (a couple of tools weren't stocked), so I had a look around...and was pleasantly impressed! I'm a sucker for packaging, and I loved the way the bottles of adhesive and glitter were packaged. Ditto some of the tools. I bought the 1 inch scalloped circle and 1 inch scalloped square -- because I figured those would go quickly!

I believe I'll go back later today... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #129  
Matboard Maniac

Ok, I'll admit it, I stopped by my Michaels again today . . . one of my stamping friends had gotten Martha's scalloped circle punch and I thought I might "need" one. Everything has been stocked in the Martha aisle AND, they have a big "middle of the center aisle" display rack ready--but no product on that one yet.

As I was looking, the manager, who should know me by name by now, but has never before acknowledged me . . . came up and asked me how I liked the new Martha line of supplies. I told him I like it a little too much

I also commented on how much other new merchandise they have in the store--because in the long run, that is what I will be spending my money on.

I am excited to have new products, but there is a little letdown, too, because I know that I will be seeing this same stuff for the next year or so!! I wish I would have remembered to ask him if we are getting all of the new K & Company lines. So far, there's no sign of it at my local Michaels (but I did see it in northern Ohio).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamper
*****SPEW****** WHITE COTTON GLOVES????? She'd have a CORONARY if she saw our Michael's.... on any given day at any time there is at LEAST one small child running loose in the store pulling stuff off shelves.... he he he.....
Oh you must be talking about my son! heehee, nah, he touches everything but he does't pull on it and he's not a sticky kid. He mostly points and touches a little bit and says, "Cute mommy, cute mommy!" He's two.

I saw the Martha stuff today. The only really cool thing was that she has HUGE sheets of paper so that could be cool for covering books and stuff. I'm annoyed by the no coupons/ no sale policy. Gimme a break! But it's not bad stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #131  
Rubber Obsessor

M's was just putting out the MS stuff when I stopped by (they are 50 miles away so I don't go often at the price of gas) - what I saw was very nice quality, but spendy - on a retiree's limited budget, unless it's on sale or I can use a coupon, I rarely make crafting purchases, much as I'd like to!
Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 11:17 AM   #132  
Pearl-ExPert

Default me no likey martha

i just went to M's up here in canada, and the prices are ridiculous.. i can't see it flying up here.. that huge album is $100!!! our dollar is almost equal to US and the markup is still that high! the products are "nice" but not trendy... stickers for $7, rolls of paper for $10... it's just too much. and i'm sorry, the whole product line dedicated to truffle boxes and cookie bags amongst scrapbooking stuff.... could you image basic grey coming out with truffle boxes and matching ribbon?? sorry.. bad review here. :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #133  
Die Cut Diva

This dowdy old fossil would like to meet the WSJ writer who wrote that abomination and let my cats throw up a furball on his keyboard! I always thought the WSJ did research on what they wrote, but apparently this idiot didn't, because he certainly didn't know what he was talking about. Grrrrr!
Reply With Quote Likes