Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #3521  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lms1130View Post
My baby bug arrived today!!! I have played with it for just a few minutes and I am so excited! I just hope that I can figure out all the settings. Also, should I do anything to the mat after I use it?
Congratulations on the baby bug! Sounds like you are already having lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the sound of the chirping of baby bugs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #3522  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by flgirl5View Post
Congratulations on the baby bug! Sounds like you are already having lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the sound of the chirping of baby bugs.

Okay, well I must be doing something wrong already because I don't hear it chirping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #3523  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lms1130View Post
Okay, well I must be doing something wrong already because I don't hear it chirping?
Mine doesn't chirp either. I think that is just an expression.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #3524  
Stazon Splitcoast

KimberlyinMN - thanks for posting the link to creative express!!! I'm at my parents house tonight, and they have dial up. I was having so many problems trying to navigate the site (user errors, of course lol!), and I called Amy for help, lol. She helped me figure out how to place my order, lol. My mom let me order some carts as part (most, lol) of my Christmas present! I can't wait until they get here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #3525  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

What tools do you use most to remove the small princess pieces from the mat and to adhere to cardstock? I use the CM fine point glue to apply the glue, but need to figure out a way to get the small pieces off the mat and once glued onto the main piece of cardstock. The pieces always seem to stick to my hands once the glue is on.
I use the curved pointy tool all the time to remove them off the mat and to hold them down when I need to move my finger. I use the flat cutter also for OA letters to trim them. I find the tool kit very useful. My Mom was able to use a coupon when she got it for me so it was quite afordable.

I also use the Sakura Glue pen on the thin small letters, and the Xyron "X". I use the pointer to run around the shapes to remove excess glue before I adhere them. HTH Enjoy your Bug. The chirping thats the noise it makes when it cuts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #3526  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Mine doesn't chirp either. I think that is just an expression.
Very Punny Robyn LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #3527  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the creative expressions heads up! I bought 4 cartridges! Yippee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 05:34 AM   #3528  
Rubber Obsessor

Hope everyone had a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!

Any ideas on how I can create Princess wall art with the Happily Ever After cart and the Expression? (I don't have the cart yet, but hope to by Christmas). My 5 year old wants Cinderella, Aurora, a crown (with her name) and the castle, magic mirror or Cinderella coach. The art would need to be 12 inches tall. I was thinking of cutting chipboard then gluing cardstock on top. How would I attach this to the wall? Could I hot glue or super glue a hook? Would this idea even look ok? Or would I be able to buy a canvas (which I would have to paint and I am not sure if I have the skill to even paint a background) and then glue the cardstock or chipboard and cardstock to it? I am open to anything really. Just some ideas I had, but those of you with more experience may be ablt to tell me the pitfalls of these ideas.

Last edited by flgirl5; 11-23-2007 at 05:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 05:42 AM   #3529  
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=jostvig;7789044]I use the curved pointy tool all the time to remove them off the mat and to hold them down when I need to move my finger. I use the flat cutter also for OA letters to trim them. I find the tool kit very useful. My Mom was able to use a coupon when she got it for me so it was quite afordable.

The flat cutter, are you talking about the Cricut paper cutter? If so, do you like it better than the Fiskars? My mom just bought the original Fiskars 12" trimmer on sale at Michael's for $5. However, the cricut trimmer is only about $9. I know the Fiskars cutter has had some issues in the past with not always cutting straight. That is why the new 3 groove design came out. Before Mom opens her cutter any suggestions? $5 original Fiskars or $9 Cricut paper trimmer?

Also, what are OA letters?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #3530  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

How would I attach this to the wall? Could I hot glue or super glue a hook? Would this idea even look ok? Or would I be able to buy a canvas (which I would have to paint and I am not sure if I have the skill to even paint a background) and then glue the cardstock or chipboard and cardstock to it? I am open to anything really. Just some ideas I had, but those of you with more experience may be ablt to tell me the pitfalls of these ideas.

I've used sticky tack w/great success on my kids' bedroom walls w/lightweight things. You can get it at school supply stores, or Target or WM in the stationery aisles. This Halloween I used glue dots to attach decos on my front windows.

I'm wondering if you could use thumbtacks w/rhinestones glued on top to put up the crown? You could incorporate it into the design.

I'm sure someone else will have a better idea. I'm just kind of thinking as I'm typing. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 06:58 AM   #3531  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by natlholView Post
I've used sticky tack w/great success on my kids' bedroom walls w/lightweight things. You can get it at school supply stores, or Target or WM in the stationery aisles. This Halloween I used glue dots to attach decos on my front windows.

I'm wondering if you could use thumbtacks w/rhinestones glued on top to put up the crown? You could incorporate it into the design.

I'm sure someone else will have a better idea. I'm just kind of thinking as I'm typing. Good luck!
I've never heard of sticky tack. What is it? The reason why I am asking is that we are a military family. In 6 months we will be moving and my husband will be on deployment so any residue, etc. on the walls, I have to be able to clean up. Sticky tack may not leave anything on the walls, hoping that you can tell me what might be left behind when I take these down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 07:12 AM   #3532  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I've never heard of sticky tack. What is it? The reason why I am asking is that we are a military family. In 6 months we will be moving and my husband will be on deployment so any residue, etc. on the walls, I have to be able to clean up. Sticky tack may not leave anything on the walls, hoping that you can tell me what might be left behind when I take these down.
I might be calling it the wrong name, it's just what we've always called it. The art teacher at school calls it ticky tack, but I don't think that's right, either!

It comes in 4-5 strips all stuck together. You pull a little off the strip and smoosh it on the back of your object. I have found it in white, yellow and blue depending on manufacturer. It is not poster tape, but is sometimes called poster putty.

I also use it when I've hung up a frame w/a nail, and it's a little crooked. I just put a tiny bit on the corner, and the frame stays where I want it.

Nothing stays on the wall when you pull it off. Sometimes when you first pull off the blob, there is a little bit left. Just roll the blob in a ball and dab at the residue until there's nothing left. If you are worried, you could always try it on a closet wall first.

I just did a quick search to see if I could come up w/a photo to show you. I found this link http://www.restockit.com/Poster-Putt...source=froogle
I've never used this brand, but it's the same stuff. I usually buy it at WM or Target.

HTH, Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #3533  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by natlholView Post
I might be calling it the wrong name, it's just what we've always called it. The art teacher at school calls it ticky tack, but I don't think that's right, either!

I just did a quick search to see if I could come up w/a photo to show you. I found this link http://www.restockit.com/Poster-Putt...source=froogle
I've never used this brand, but it's the same stuff. I usually buy it at WM or Target.

HTH, Helen
I know exactly what this is! You are right. This would work great. Thanks for the idea.

Next question, if I use the sticky tack, I would have to use just the cardstock. Does anyone know of a product that I could put on top of the cardstock to make it look a little shiny, more finished, or do I really need anything?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #3534  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I know exactly what this is! You are right. This would work great. Thanks for the idea.

Next question, if I use the sticky tack, I would have to use just the cardstock. Does anyone know of a product that I could put on top of the cardstock to make it look a little shiny, more finished, or do I really need anything?
I would consider laminating them. I think many office supply places do this. I know everytime the military moves us and I have to take down wall posters and such they just get beat up.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #3535  
Matboard Maniac

Did anyone else pick up new cartridges today? I wanted too- but then I thought it would be better to wait....so when I came home from Black Friday shopping dh told me that he wanted me to pick some out for my Christmas presents.... so I went online to custom crops and bought Locker Talk and Zooballoo... I can't wait for them to get here......

So... any other shoppers out there?

http://vbontherun.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #3536  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I just bought one today, at Wal Mart for $119. It was after 1 pm when we went to Wal Mart and I was completely surprised they were still in stock. I'd been to Michael's and the Cricut's were all gone. I'm so excited, after some chores are finished today, I'm playing with the Cricut tonight. And I owe a big thanks to DH, because he let me pick up 2 cartridges too. Now I just have to read all this chatter and learn stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #3537  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Any ideas on how I can create Princess wall art with the Happily Ever After cart and the Expression? (I don't have the cart yet, but hope to by Christmas). My 5 year old wants Cinderella, Aurora, a crown (with her name) and the castle, magic mirror or Cinderella coach. The art would need to be 12 inches tall. I was thinking of cutting chipboard then gluing cardstock on top. How would I attach this to the wall? Could I hot glue or super glue a hook? Would this idea even look ok? Or would I be able to buy a canvas (which I would have to paint and I am not sure if I have the skill to even paint a background) and then glue the cardstock or chipboard and cardstock to it? I am open to anything really. Just some ideas I had, but those of you with more experience may be ablt to tell me the pitfalls of these ideas.

Everyone else on the cricut message board talked about cutting Wall bops from Lowes they are vinyl to decorate walls. I havent checked the colors available yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 02:34 PM   #3538  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
Hi!
I just bought one today, at Wal Mart for $119. It was after 1 pm when we went to Wal Mart and I was completely surprised they were still in stock. I'd been to Michael's and the Cricut's were all gone. I'm so excited, after some chores are finished today, I'm playing with the Cricut tonight. And I owe a big thanks to DH, because he let me pick up 2 cartridges too. Now I just have to read all this chatter and learn stuff.
Congrats you're going to have fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #3539  
Crimping Master

OH MY GOSH..... Today my hubby said that I could order the cricut expression for my Christmas / birthday present. I have never even seen a cricut machine before (although I have sat at my computer drooling over all of the AWESOME things that you all make with it!) I am starting to feel guilty for spending so much money on a hobby item for myself, especially since I own a sizzix machine already. Please convince me that this was the best purchase of my life, so that I can stop the guilt trip and start planning for my little bug's arrival
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #3540  
Mad Swapper

~~Sorry this is long~~I really value the advice of the Bug owners here.
DH has given me $100 buy new carts to go with the Baby Bug he got me this morning. I REALLY want Joy of the Season, but alas it is out of stock all over town so I cannot use the HL ad (2 for $99). I can get Christmas Cheer for $50 and have enough money to get mini monograms for $45. I know there is the deal 4 for $27 each online, but I can't get either Christmas one in that deal or the Beyond Birthdays that has some Holiday words.
I wanted to make scrapbook pages with the pictures from Joy to the Season for everyone attending our family Christmas week in the mountains this year (over 20 people). I have 3 options

1.) I just get the Christmas Cheer and Mini Monograms which I can go right now to the store and have for $95 plus tax? (slightly over the $100-I know I can order them for a little less than $100, but then have to wait)
2.) I get the 4 for $27 each and have a bunch of fonts to choose from, but nothing for Christmas. (Technically over by $16 after total and shipping, but I think I can get him to go for that)-Leaning towards Mini Monograms, Basecamp, All Mixed Up, and Printing Press
3.) Order Joy of the Season and Mini Monograms for $95 plus shipping from Custom Crops. (Only $100)

Thank you for reading this far and thanks for any advice.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #3541  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristinaKView Post
OH MY GOSH..... Today my hubby said that I could order the cricut expression for my Christmas / birthday present. I have never even seen a cricut machine before (although I have sat at my computer drooling over all of the AWESOME things that you all make with it!) I am starting to feel guilty for spending so much money on a hobby item for myself, especially since I own a sizzix machine already. Please convince me that this was the best purchase of my life, so that I can stop the guilt trip and start planning for my little bug's arrival
I'm new to this cricut thing myself and mine just arrived on Wednesday (baby bug) as a birthday present from DH and I felt quilty about it too but I have played with it the past two nights and I don't feel quilty anymore. This thing is SO amazing, I love it. It can do so much. Good luck and stop feeling quilty, you will be glad you got it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 07:37 PM   #3542  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
I find that I reach for that font more than anything else. Sometimes you can get a good deal online. I'll keep my eyes open.
I went online today at CX and ended up purchasing 3 more carts..I took your advice Robyn and went with Makin the Grade. The other two are Animal Kingdom and Zoobaloo. They ended up costing only $33.00 each! What a great deal! These are all kind of a Christmas gift to myself.

So, I believe I have enough to keep me busy now.

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #3543  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh! I almost forgot. I went to Wal-Mart today and bought my sister-n-law an Original Cricut for Christmas & Birthday. They had them on sale for $119.00 w/2 carts..What a deal! I wish I had waited on purchasing mine if I had known it was going to be on sale...

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 02:55 AM   #3544  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
~~Sorry this is long~~I really value the advice of the Bug owners here.
DH has given me $100 buy new carts to go with the Baby Bug he got me this morning. I REALLY want Joy of the Season, but alas it is out of stock all over town so I cannot use the HL ad (2 for $99). I can get Christmas Cheer for $50 and have enough money to get mini monograms for $45. I know there is the deal 4 for $27 each online, but I can't get either Christmas one in that deal or the Beyond Birthdays that has some Holiday words.
I wanted to make scrapbook pages with the pictures from Joy to the Season for everyone attending our family Christmas week in the mountains this year (over 20 people). I have 3 options

1.) I just get the Christmas Cheer and Mini Monograms which I can go right now to the store and have for $95 plus tax? (slightly over the $100-I know I can order them for a little less than $100, but then have to wait)
2.) I get the 4 for $27 each and have a bunch of fonts to choose from, but nothing for Christmas. (Technically over by $16 after total and shipping, but I think I can get him to go for that)-Leaning towards Mini Monograms, Basecamp, All Mixed Up, and Printing Press
3.) Order Joy of the Season and Mini Monograms for $95 plus shipping from Custom Crops. (Only $100)

Thank you for reading this far and thanks for any advice.
Congrats on the new cricut. What a great time you are going to have!

customcrops.com has Christmas Cheer for $39.99. You would have to check to see what the shipping was. Have you considered Doodlecharms? It has a few Christmas and a few from all the holidays. Zooaballoo has a mountain border. (Look at cricut.com to make sure. I am pretty new to the cricut as well.) JKcrafts.com has some on sale too, but I think you might be able to combine the creativexpress.com and/or customcrops.com sales and do better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 02:59 AM   #3545  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristinaKView Post
Don't feel guilty. If you make cards, wall art, etc. you are making the money back that you spent. Plus, everyone needs a fun hobby of some sort. So enjoy guilt-free! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 08:08 AM   #3546  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Congrats on the new cricut. What a great time you are going to have!

customcrops.com has Christmas Cheer for $39.99. You would have to check to see what the shipping was. Have you considered Doodlecharms? It has a few Christmas and a few from all the holidays. Zooaballoo has a mountain border. (Look at cricut.com to make sure. I am pretty new to the cricut as well.) JKcrafts.com has some on sale too, but I think you might be able to combine the creativexpress.com and/or customcrops.com sales and do better.
Thank you for your thoughts. If I go with ordering Joys of the Season I will pair that with Mini Monograms from CustomCrops. I know I can get a better deal from her on the Christmas Cheer, but after the shipping I would only be paying a couple more bucks to just get them now and play this weekend while DH can watch the kids.
I will go back and look at Doodlecharms. They have that one at the store also. Part of me likes Zooaballoo, but not enough to get it as one of my first carts. Does it make the letters without the animals? I also like Beyond Birthdays. They had it at one of the local stores, but they didn't have Mini Monograms, so I couldn't use my coupon and get a better deal.
(Thinking out loud) I really like all the ways you can use Mini Monograms. I also really want the scallop circle and square from there. I am leaning towards ordering that and Joys of the Season from CustomCrops.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #3547  
Mad Swapper

Does anyone know of any carts retiring soon?

With the bugs being so popular this year (more than the past IMO) I would hope they will keep them all for awhile, but we all know that is not how business works.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #3548  
Die Cut Diva

Does anyone know if Archivers carries the Cricut carts?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #3549  
Die Cut Diva

Still waiting on Joys of the Season and Stretch Your Imagination......anyone seen those in stock?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #3550  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thank you for your thoughts. If I go with ordering Joys of the Season I will pair that with Mini Monograms from CustomCrops. I know I can get a better deal from her on the Christmas Cheer, but after the shipping I would only be paying a couple more bucks to just get them now and play this weekend while DH can watch the kids.
I will go back and look at Doodlecharms. They have that one at the store also. Part of me likes Zooaballoo, but not enough to get it as one of my first carts. Does it make the letters without the animals? I also like Beyond Birthdays. They had it at one of the local stores, but they didn't have Mini Monograms, so I couldn't use my coupon and get a better deal.
(Thinking out loud) I really like all the ways you can use Mini Monograms. I also really want the scallop circle and square from there. I am leaning towards ordering that and Joys of the Season from CustomCrops.
I am with you. I LOVE mini monograms! The scallop circles, etc. saved me from having to buy punches so I saved $ and space. Military families need all the space they can get! It is a great one to have to start with.

Yes, Zooaballoo cuts the letters without the animals. If you run a search, you might find some prior discussion on it. Also, if you go to cricut.com look at the handbook and towards the back, it will show all the ways to use it. It was not one of the first ones that I bought. I think you will be thrilled with Mini Monograms. I don't know how old your children are, if they are school age, I was pleasantly surprised with Makin' the Grade as well. It is a font and has a few school shapes. Although, if you plan to go with Doodlecharms at some point, it has a few school shapes as well. Happy buying! It is so exciting isn't it?!

Last edited by flgirl5; 11-24-2007 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #3551  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampininthesunView Post
Still waiting on Joys of the Season and Stretch Your Imagination......anyone seen those in stock?
CustomCrops has it in stock for $55
Here
You have to scroll down to "Now in stock Joys of the Season"
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #3552  
Mad Swapper

Thinking outside the Cricut box. (and thinking out loud...thanks for following my train of thoughts and giving advice on what to do-- there are just too many great things out there)
With Animal Kingdom, I get a penguin, a deer (easily made rudolph), a bear (make him a polar bear), a mouse, and a turkey. I can also make a manger scene with the sheep, goat, horse, cow, donkey and camel.
In Learning Curve there is a train. I can spell out "Santa", "Joy", etc in the train cars. I also like the puzzle feature in that for my (much neglected) baby books.
I still love Mini Monograms for all its reasons.
Base Camp is also really cute and would go well for all my hubands Army pages and such.

All four of those are on sale at CreativeXpress 4 for $27 each. As far as wanting to have die cut Christmas specific items....I have a TON of stamps that can be put into the shapes from these carts. I also have a pile of need a new home stickers and things from past years of scrapbooks that I havn't touched in YEARS. Then after Christmas I still have 4 wonderful carts to use year round.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #3553  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

All four of those are on sale at CreativeXpress 4 for $27 each. As far as wanting to have die cut Christmas specific items....I have a TON of stamps that can be put into the shapes from these carts. I also have a pile of need a new home stickers and things from past years of scrapbooks that I havn't touched in YEARS. Then after Christmas I still have 4 wonderful carts to use year round.
I think you will love whatever you buy. One last place you may want to check out if you haven't already bought your carts is cricut.com, community, tips and tricks, shapes. You have to read all of it as there is a lot hidden in there, but there are several uses for a shape. For example, the quote marks in one cart could also be flip flops. The details on the walrus mouth (I think in Zooaballoo) could also be a tooth for a lost tooth page. Anyway, there are a lot listed and just because a cart was covered earlier in the page doesn't mean that there won't be something different from that cart covered later.

If you want, you could also check out the font side. Here is a sample from it that I had in my notes:
More Than a Font
When looking at a font cartridge, instead of just seeing letters, words, and a few shapes, try to see other uses for the actual shape of the letters. All Mixed Up by Cynthea Sandoval is a great example of this principle and opens up a whole new world of ideas for us. The letters are rounded and fresh, which makes for some really creative layouts.

As you ponder each letter, both uppercase and lowercase, what does the shape of the letters look like to you?

When you see the quotation marks, is that all you see? Or do you also picture jelly beans, sandals (with a hand-drawn flourish for the straps), or maybe even a set of lungs for a health class project?
The capital letter H can be more than just an H. It could also be a high jump or a football goal post.
The capital letter Q can be a speedometer, or a booted steering wheel, or even a ‘banned’ symbol if you flip it horizontally (such as on a no-smoking sign).
Even the capital X could be a manger in a Nativity scene, or part of a campfire (use the fire in Christmas Cheer!).
How about using the Creative Feature “Circle” in combination with the flower? You would have a ready-made sand dollar!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #3554  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I think you will love whatever you buy. One last place you may want to check out if you haven't already bought your carts is cricut.com, community, tips and tricks, shapes. You have to read all of it as there is a lot hidden in there, but there are several uses for a shape. For example, the quote marks in one cart could also be flip flops. The details on the walrus mouth (I think in Zooaballoo) could also be a tooth for a lost tooth page. Anyway, there are a lot listed and just because a cart was covered earlier in the page doesn't mean that there won't be something different from that cart covered later.

If you want, you could also check out the font side. Here is a sample from it that I had in my notes:
More Than a Font
When looking at a font cartridge, instead of just seeing letters, words, and a few shapes, try to see other uses for the actual shape of the letters. All Mixed Up by Cynthea Sandoval is a great example of this principle and opens up a whole new world of ideas for us. The letters are rounded and fresh, which makes for some really creative layouts.

As you ponder each letter, both uppercase and lowercase, what does the shape of the letters look like to you?

When you see the quotation marks, is that all you see? Or do you also picture jelly beans, sandals (with a hand-drawn flourish for the straps), or maybe even a set of lungs for a health class project?
The capital letter H can be more than just an H. It could also be a high jump or a football goal post.
The capital letter Q can be a speedometer, or a booted steering wheel, or even a �banned� symbol if you flip it horizontally (such as on a no-smoking sign).
Even the capital X could be a manger in a Nativity scene, or part of a campfire (use the fire in Christmas Cheer!).
How about using the Creative Feature �Circle� in combination with the flower? You would have a ready-made sand dollar!
WOW! I will definitely check out those threads/tips. Thank you.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #3555  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Does anyone know of any carts retiring soon?

With the bugs being so popular this year (more than the past IMO) I would hope they will keep them all for awhile, but we all know that is not how business works.
The ones at CX which are 4 for 27 are pretty much the retiring ones.
Or the next on the chopping blocks.
Celebrations, Animal Kingdom, Mini Monograms, Christmas Cheer, Base Camp
there is one more I can't think of we discussed it in the last 2 weeks though.
HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #3556  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

CustomCrops has it in stock for $55
Here
You have to scroll down to "Now in stock Joys of the Season"
Thanks! Both the cartridges are on my Christmas list!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 08:46 PM   #3557  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbasprincessView Post
Does anyone know if Archivers carries the Cricut carts?
My archivers doesnt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #3558  
Glitter Guru

I too just got the "baby" cricut - I happened to be in my Walmart this evening and they still had 2 left...so I grabbed one...

thanks fo the heads up at Creative Express...I am still trying to decide what other 2 to get...I know I want mini Monograms and Animal Kingdom

Debating between
Base Camp
Making the Grade
Printing Press

anyone got any of those??? good bad indifferent
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #3559  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenmouerView Post
I too just got the "baby" cricut - I happened to be in my Walmart this evening and they still had 2 left...so I grabbed one...

thanks fo the heads up at Creative Express...I am still trying to decide what other 2 to get...I know I want mini Monograms and Animal Kingdom

Debating between
Base Camp
Making the Grade
Printing Press

anyone got any of those??? good bad indifferent
Welcome Jen!!

I LOVE Making the Grade. The corners are very round and it looks good on everything I make. I also like Base Camp for a basic font but it looks look you got Keystone in your bundle. That might work for a bit as a basic font.

Good luck!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 06:59 AM   #3560  
Kookie Creator

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the Cricuts they are selling for $119 and $199 and the newer one that usually retails for around $500 but you are now finding for around $300.
Reply With Quote Likes