Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #1881  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kathy, thanks, I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I took a vacation day to spend with my DD and ACMis the first stop! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #1882  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
I am saving my family blog to a disk. I update it weekly most of the time with pictures and stories. I figure it will be enough of a reminder when I get to Scrapbooking an actual book. I think its the closest I will ever get to an actual "living" scrapbook/journal!;)
That's a great idea! Maybe I will start just a family blog and keep that address just for family and friends. No stamping stuff on it!! I would love to be able to print it out as I go in color and just put it in a binder. That way my kids' can read it later in life. We might not have that disk later or it will be so outdated with the new technology that it won't work.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #1883  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
That's a great idea! Maybe I will start just a family blog and keep that address just for family and friends. No stamping stuff on it!! I would love to be able to print it out as I go in color and just put it in a binder. That way my kids' can read it later in life. We might not have that disk later or it will be so outdated with the new technology that it won't work.
I basically copy and paste into word. Then I can print it or save to disk. If you want to keep it totally private, you can do that in your choice selections and people have to log in to view it and be invited via password to view it.
If you PM your Phone to me I could call and explain it to you. I have three blogs right now, 1 for my crafts 1 for my family and one for girls camp. the camp one is the only one I have totally private. The YW are going to take it over and use it after camp is over. My DD is a poster and any one you specify can make post. So it can be set up to be private and a place where even siblings and family can go to post updates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #1884  
Mad Swapper

A.C. Moore has cricut merchandise 50% off this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #1885  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Free Cricut Cartridge

Hello Everyone, just wanted to let you know that BITTEN by the BUG is holding a Cricut/Expression Card contest until the 31st of July...winner get a free cartridge.........go check it out

http://regina-bittenbythebug.blogspo...g-contest.html

thanks
Regina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 04:20 AM   #1886  
Polyshrink Goddess

25 days and counting down. I got the tools at ACM friday. I had a 40% coupon, of course, they put stuff for 50% on Sunday....grrrrr....oh well, at least I have them, for WHEN I get my Cricut!! Not soon enough for the contest. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #1887  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnsfldmomView Post
25 days and counting down. I got the tools at ACM friday. I had a 40% coupon, of course, they put stuff for 50% on Sunday....grrrrr....oh well, at least I have them, for WHEN I get my Cricut!! Not soon enough for the contest. :(
You probably got a better deal w/ 40% off. My ACM only takes 50% off the regular retail price ... which is 89.99 on cartridges and 199 on the machine.
S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 06:31 AM   #1888  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ours too. I'm just glad I have it. And can't wait to start using it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #1889  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't believe a whole 6 days has past already. For me July is just flying buy. I hope yours isn't moving to slow. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #1890  
Mad Swapper

Red face Cricut Chatter

I am subscribing to this chatter to learn more about my new Cricut. I've had it a week now and only played a few times with it....just learning how to use it.
My DH was so sweet to buy it for my B.D. and he asks me everyday..."What did you make today?"
I had to tell him that I didn't make much, since I do daycare and nobody sleeps at the same time anymore! I haven't had much spare time.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 05:11 AM   #1891  
Polyshrink Goddess

24 and counting!! July is flying by in some respects. But dragging in the important one!!!!
Crazy4stamps, congratulations on the BD gift!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 05:30 AM   #1892  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4stampsView Post
I am subscribing to this chatter to learn more about my new Cricut. I've had it a week now and only played a few times with it....just learning how to use it.
My DH was so sweet to buy it for my B.D. and he asks me everyday..."What did you make today?"
I had to tell him that I didn't make much, since I do daycare and nobody sleeps at the same time anymore! I haven't had much spare time.
LeAne You'll eventually get more time and what a great gift. You'll be able to use it alot over the years. It took 5 months before I found alot of time to use it not sure why but since I started I use mine at least 3 times a week. If I was scrapbooking I would probably use it a lot more. Once you use it alot though then you have to buy more carts.;) Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 05:31 AM   #1893  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

24 and counting!! July is flying by in some respects. But dragging in the important one!!!!
Crazy4stamps, congratulations on the BD gift!!
LOL thats what I was thinking, I hope your August isnt as hectic as mine so you'll have time to enjoy it once those 24 days are over.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #1894  
Gabfest Goddess

Hey girls! I have some pages done that I made. I will upload them soon. I cut out all the elements for my pages for March 2007 and all I need to do is put my pages together. They all look too cute!!

I hope you are all having a great day. We had family in town this weekend so things have been crazy!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #1895  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by natlholView Post
Right now he's saying I may need to wait until Christmas to open it!!!:mad: Meanie!!

Sometimes it's really hard to tell if he's joking...I'm hoping this is one of those times!

Thanks for the input about JK crafts. It makes the wait easier knowing that it's a good company.

Helen
Just an update (this is my own quote above):
My hubby bought me a cricut expression on July 4. Then he said I had to wait until Christmas....

Anyway, on Sunday, he had it wrapped in Christmas paper sitting on the table when I came in the room. I got to open it, but first I hugged the box! Oh, yeah, then I hugged him...

I've made a page w/the opposites attract script font. It was a little hard cutting the tailies off to fit the page, but I'm sure I'll get better w/practice.

I played w/TBBM and made a tiny little purse. I found on the message boards at cricut.com that someone figured out what size everything is when the dial is set at 5 1/2. I'll see if I can find it and post it here. (Is that legal?)

I love the accent cartridge that came w/the bug. The designs are really awesome. My daughter wants me to cut the swirls out really, really big and put them at the top of her bedroom wall for a border!

Haven't played w/the school font that came w/it yet, but found some good advice about it at cricut.com for using the endcaps function.

I can see that I"m going to go through mats quite quickly. Any ideas on where to buy them cheaply?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #1896  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kathy, That's my luck! I'll get it and everybody will need something or need to visit. At least at the end of August my daughter goes back to college then the house will be empty. Now, if I could just do something about this job..... LOL It consumes so much of my day!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 AM   #1897  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

My hubby bought me a cricut expression on July 4. Then he said I had to wait until Christmas....

Anyway, on Sunday, he had it wrapped in Christmas paper sitting on the table when I came in the room. I got to open it, but first I hugged the box! Oh, yeah, then I hugged him...

I've made a page w/the opposites attract script font. It was a little hard cutting the tailies off to fit the page, but I'm sure I'll get better w/practice.

I played w/TBBM and made a tiny little purse. I found on the message boards at cricut.com that someone figured out what size everything is when the dial is set at 5 1/2. I'll see if I can find it and post it here. (Is that legal?)

I love the accent cartridge that came w/the bug. The designs are really awesome. My daughter wants me to cut the swirls out really, really big and put them at the top of her bedroom wall for a border!

Haven't played w/the school font that came w/it yet, but found some good advice about it at cricut.com for using the endcaps function.

I can see that I"m going to go through mats quite quickly. Any ideas on where to buy them cheaply?

Thanks!

I just had to laugh about you hugging the box!! LOL. Like how the box came first! heehee

I don't have the Expression, just the other one. I am not sure if Michaels carries the larger mats. Have you tried, Creative Xpress online? They have the regular cricut and also the carts, not sure if they have the larger mats.

Not much help.......sorry!

Have fun with your bug!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 07:30 AM   #1898  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyCreationsView Post
Have you tried, Creative Xpress online? They have the regular cricut and also the carts, not sure if they have the larger mats.
Thank you!

I checked and they have the 12 x 12 mats for $11.99. I'll keep looking to comparison shop since I don't need one right away.

H
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #1899  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hey girls! I have some pages done that I made. I will upload them soon. I cut out all the elements for my pages for March 2007 and all I need to do is put my pages together. They all look too cute!!

I hope you are all having a great day. We had family in town this weekend so things have been crazy!
At least you're getting to use your bug. Cant wait to see the pages!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #1900  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks!
I am jealous you have accents, I want that one:mrgreen:
If you do copy that post or link to it I would publish it in the Cricut FAQ sticky thread. That's the type of thing we like having posted there so we can find it quicker and easier, without all the chat.;)
Lastly Michaels has the mats 25% off this week might be worth checking out. I know I saw the 12x12 and tthe 12x24 mats at Joanns last week. Kims corner might be worth checking also she has great service and prices her address is in the sticky thread.HTH

I think your Dh deserves an extra hug!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #1901  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kathy, That's my luck! I'll get it and everybody will need something or need to visit. At least at the end of August my daughter goes back to college then the house will be empty. Now, if I could just do something about this job..... LOL It consumes so much of my day!!!
Maybe you should scheadule a play date with some one now, so that you have somewhere to take it to play that cant be changed,KWIM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #1902  
Kookie Creator

OK, I posted the comments from the cricut.com forum on the sizes for TBBM on the Cricut FAQ thread.

Thanks also for the info about Michael's mats. I looked at my Mike's and they only had the small ones. I'll check Joann's and Kim's.

H
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #1903  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

OK, I posted the comments from the cricut.com forum on the sizes for TBBM on the Cricut FAQ thread.

Thanks also for the info about Michael's mats. I looked at my Mike's and they only had the small ones. I'll check Joann's and Kim's.

H
Thanks for posting it in the Sticky thread.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 AM   #1904  
Polyshrink Goddess

A play date???? Hmmmm, then I'd have to share!!!! LOL..... I have some vacation time before the start of the school year, maybe if things slow up here I'll just take a couple of days and aquaint myself with my bug!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 05:40 AM   #1905  
Gabfest Goddess

Have you all seen the new cart coming out called Paper Dolls or something like that? You can check it out in one of the thread on www.cricut.com. It is being released this week but not sure when it will be available to us all. I am definitely buying it no matter what! You can do so many things for boys, girls, man, woman, backgrounds, etc. I was having trouble on the cricut board this morning or I would post a pic.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #1906  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Have you all seen the new cart coming out called Paper Dolls or something like that? You can check it out in one of the thread on www.cricut.com. It is being released this week but not sure when it will be available to us all. I am definitely buying it no matter what! You can do so many things for boys, girls, man, woman, backgrounds, etc. I was having trouble on the cricut board this morning or I would post a pic.
I will need to go look at this it has taken all day to make a post!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #1907  
Total Quack

Quote:

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THAT ONE!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!! It is so cute. I need to find a way to get it, though. We don't have A.C. Moore stores here. :( I don't know how to get it, but I really, really, really want that one!!! I will even pay $90 for that one.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #1908  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellView Post
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THAT ONE!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!! It is so cute. I need to find a way to get it, though. We don't have A.C. Moore stores here. :( I don't know how to get it, but I really, really, really want that one!!! I will even pay $90 for that one.
I know! It would be totally worth it!! There are some girls on the Cricut board who have been buying them for others, too. Wish I could get in on that!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #1909  
Pearl-ExPert

That new cart is too cute!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #1910  
Total Quack

Quote:

I know! It would be totally worth it!! There are some girls on the Cricut board who have been buying them for others, too. Wish I could get in on that!

If you find a way, PLEASE let me know, Robyn. I NEED this one for Sunday school and other church activities. I will pay the price. Just let me know, please.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #1911  
Total Quack

I posted on the Cricut Community that I was looking for it. They have an Angel thread started for this cartridge or bundle. You can post there if you want someone to look for it for you.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #1912  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The rtridge comes in a four pack with 3 other carts in it PRinting press 101, Jasmine, and Zoobaloo. a great package but I already have 2 of the carts and the sale doesnt start until the 31st of July, so maybe the Paper Dolls cart is part of CHA and will be available in August individually? I hate these exclusive only to someone who doesnt have alot of carts or a cricut yet Junk!:rolleyes: Wish PC would warm up to loyal customers! I want Accesnt and now I want paper dolls:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 04:18 AM   #1913  
Polyshrink Goddess

Robyn, I was on www.cricut.com and couldn't find anything about it. Can you help?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 06:14 AM   #1914  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Robyn, I was on www.cricut.com and couldn't find anything about it. Can you help?
I went to the message boards and searched "PaperDolls" last night that pulled up 4 threads there. I'll go search and post a link later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 06:21 AM   #1915  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Kathy, I'm going there now and see if I can find it this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 06:25 AM   #1916  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Paper Dolls Cart

See post 53 & 55in this thread http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/t...883031&mpage=3 it has an image of the package box back & front.

A poster said this"
We are pretty sure the cart is not exclusive. Another post shows the box clearly and it says AC Moore Exclusive 4 cart bundle withe new Paper Dolls.

So we are really thinking the bundle is exclusive!! Great Price for them though for 4 carts!! "

CHA is this weekend so We should know more soon. I think it will be available in AUGUST, from Kim has anyone checked her site?

This link post all replies made using "Paper dolls" in the search, I would focus onthe ones for the last few days, since people have been suggesting this cart for a while.
"PaperDolls"

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 06:38 AM   #1917  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm going to have to look into this. Since I don't have any cartridges yet. Does anyone know the price for the bundle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 06:39 AM   #1918  
Stazon Splitcoast

In another thread a poster said this

Marie - CHA is this weekend. New carts are expected to be anounced then and released shortly thereafter. However a new one, PaperDolls is suppose to be exclusive to ACM in a bundle pack with Printing 101 (new classmate carts), zoobaloo and Jasmine. Rumor has it that the bundle is the exclusive part and that ACM will have it exclusive for at least a month then the cart will hopefullly be available alone from other sources. Somehow, some ACM's let the "cart out of the bag", someone say a flyer advertising this pack for sale starting July 31st and ACM has been seeing unprecedent numbers of people looking for this bundle and some stores have sold it already to a few of us.

So maybe there will be some more details after CHA starts this weekend.;)
Paper Doll sshould be available In Sept. to everyone if what I am reading is true or you can by the package from ACMoore and get it with 4. It just seems odd that an exclusive offer would only be available through ACMoore.

But the way Michaels is selling their Cricut stuff for 25% off might indicate that next week end they'll be offering new stuff, maybe they'll have an exclusive Bundle with different carts, and paper dolls also or a different new cart. Everyone is chomping for new carts since alot of people weren't too interested in the teacher ones. And the nice ones went into packaging with the E-Bug. It seems though that the Bundle form ACMoore will be limited and hard to get your hands on.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #1919  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm going to have to look into this. Since I don't have any cartridges yet. Does anyone know the price for the bundle.
I think it was 159.00 on sale the 31st of July. Someone said it was an instore ad at ACMoore, if they do there ad online you might be able to see it next Sat. Or you might want to find a friend onthe East Coast near an ACMoore. Dont you think Roberts will have aspecial bundle also, since they are PC's Craft store? Maybe they'll have a bundle in August Also on the West coast. Of Coarse after the July 31st date. CHA:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #1920  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
I think it was 159.00 on sale the 31st of July. Someone said it was an instore ad at ACMoore, if they do there ad online you might be able to see it next Sat. Or you might want to find a friend onthe East Coast near an ACMoore. Dont you think Roberts will have aspecial bundle also, since they are PC's Craft store? Maybe they'll have a bundle in August Also on the West coast. Of Coarse after the July 31st date. CHA:mrgreen:
Could have said 195.00(or anything) I read it in a thread after midnight last night I cant find it now, My memory isnt the best after mid night.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes