Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #2281  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good for you Katie, resistance is hard, I've never bought anything on there as I dont normally watch. alot of stuff I wanted too. here is my expereince just with plain cricut and a big shot. ......after years and years of not buying ALL the toys my friends and internet friends did this happened.....I went to a crop got to use a cricut and was hooked. months went buy, bought one of the original machines at half price. one cartridge.....months before I bought another cart and then started to use it....only to find it actually was time consumming for me. I could stamp and do a title faster than cut out, pick off the sticky mat, add adhesive and line those letters up. of course online everyone going on and on about the alterations dies and nesties and such.... well go out and buy the big shot. once again have to buy more and more extra things. how many of one thing does a person use anyway? a Flower or a birdcage??? and with some of these things you end up using things to justify buying them, I am starting to appreciate more and more doing it the time honored way--make it yourself. I was at a crop recently where at least two of the women constantly used their cricuts for everything on the pages. they got no more pages done than I did and frankly all the cutouts were maybe layered but no personal touches on them..... that is where the artistry come ins for me. I want to ink the edges make my own 3-d flowers etc. if I wanted some one elses artwork I would buy pre-made pages like anther one did in that group. oh I take that back.......shhe would then put stickles all over EVERY page. AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I dont want to knock any product or machine. and certainly not my fellow stamper?scrappers , everything has its use but please use your creativity along with it. when the extrasfor the "TOYS" cost as much as they do is it really worth it?

Last edited by Blackbird Moon; 10-03-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #2282  
Glitter Guru

It sounds like the cord or ports use an air can and clean them then make sure it is totally in both devices. Good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
ok, so yesterday, I finally had time to get out my G. I connected it to my Cricut and NOTHING. Yes, there is power, and yes the G is updated etc.

What was missing or what was I doing wrong? My C acted like the G wasn't even there.

Thanks ladies!
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #2283  
Rubber Obsessor

In case anyone is looking for an awesome price on the little Cricut and Gypsy, this site (owned by Best Buy) has the bundle of both for $80!

Deal of the Day | Electronics Deal of the Day | Daily Deals | CowBoom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #2284  
Hardware Hotshot

I recently purchased a pumpkin box SVG pattern for use in my Cricut Expression. The finished project has many layers ... the box base, eye, nose, mouth, teeth, stem, etc. When I import the svg file into my SCAL software, all the pieces are on one pattern. Is there a way to separate the different pieces so that I can cut them individually in the different card stock colors I want to use?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #2285  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if this is the best way but I had something similar and I opened the file, deleted the pieces I didn't want and then saved the layout with the name and color (Like: orange pumpkin). I reopened the file and did the same thing for the next color and saved that layout as well (black pumpkin).
I would love to hear if there is a quicker way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #2286  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've tried various keywords to search an answer for this question but had no luck so I apologize if it's been asked/answered.
I have a cricut create and wanted to use the "stretch your imagination" cartridge to make basically a rectangular mat (using the shadow feature to make the mat and the frame is a bit fancy, not just a plain rectangle but you get the picture)-I need it to be about 6 inches long. I've tried cutting in landscape and in portrait but it just doesn't want to cut the rectangle with the long edge down the 12 inch side of the mat. I just keep getting a message that the "character won't fit". Seems like there should be a way to have the character rotated 90 degrees so it will fit lengthwise on the mat. Am I just trying to do something that the cartridge won't do? I mean, I imagine if you wanted to make a giant 8 inch word you'd have to have each letter printed longways on the mat.....
I hope my question makes sense!!
thanks in advance for any tips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #2287  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Try this. Select all. Right click and choose ungroup. ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shayshe
I don't know if this is the best way but I had something similar and I opened the file, deleted the pieces I didn't want and then saved the layout with the name and color (Like: orange pumpkin) ....
Thanks, ladies ... I got it to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #2288  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Got my Deal of the Day

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgeekView Post
In case anyone is looking for an awesome price on the little Cricut and Gypsy, this site (owned by Best Buy) has the bundle of both for $80!

Deal of the Day | Electronics Deal of the Day | Daily Deals | CowBoom
Thank you for letting me know about the deal of the day. I ordered the bundle and it arrived yesterday. The shipping was excellent and veryfast. My Gypsy did not work, but I called Provo Craft and they are sending a new Gypsy. The customer service was very good. I had to hold for awhile but it wasn't that bad. I am looking forward to getting the Gypsy replaced. It was not Cowboom's problem, just once in a while things things get sent out and don't work. I was happy Provo Craft is making it right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #2289  
Mad Swapper

I am looking for thr I Love You a Latte cartridge. Anyone know where I might find one to purchase?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #2290  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janie JaneView Post
I am looking for thr I Love You a Latte cartridge. Anyone know where I might find one to purchase?
Walmart usually carries the Lite cartridges, have you tried there? Provo Craft may get more in stock, it's not that old. Good luck, it's a fun one, I use it a lot for my daughter and friends.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #2291  
Rubber Obsessor

I finally took the plunge and ordered a Cricut Expressions thru Walmart. I paid 248 for the machine, tools, spatula, 2 cartridges and the Design Studio. Is that a good price? I hope I didn't make a mistake in getting it with the Design Studio since after reading the thread it doesn't look like it will be of much use, since you can't cut with it. It says to use a third party like SCAL which is being sued. Are there other 3rd parties out there? What do I look for? Also, I see that there are instructional videos, should I invest in one? I also added some other cartridges and the 12 x 12 cutting mats. Is there anything else I need to get started? Should get it around Nov 1, can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 05:17 AM   #2292  
Rubber Obsessor

So, did I waste my money on the Design Studio? Can you cut the cartridges you own without the Design Studio?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 AM   #2293  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by robannView Post
So, did I waste my money on the Design Studio? Can you cut the cartridges you own without the Design Studio?
I myself bouth the design studio software before I discovered Make the Cut. You can use the design studio software to manipulate the file shapes, but nothing like Make the Cut. My advice is to play with your software and discover what it can do for you. You can only use the shapes of the cartridges that you have, but you can certainly cut using the software. Also, you don't necessarily NEED to use the design studio to cut your images. You can simply plug in a cartridge into the Cricut, select an image, select the size of the image you want to cut, select the pressure and speed based on what type of paper you'll be cutting, then press cut. If you love the cartridges you purchased, then you won't be disappointed. Have fun with it. Hope this helps.

My Gallery
My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #2294  
Rubber Obsessor

The option I love about Design Studio is the weld feature. You can use it to join letters together so you do not have to paste them separately on your project. I did not pay much for my design studio so it was worth it just to have that option. I don't think you wasted your money. You will enjoy the machine and all the extras you have. You will love having the 12 x 12 rather than the 6 x 12 mat. Don't worry, have fun!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #2295  
Matboard Maniac

I use my Design Studio with my Cricut all the time and love it. I think you got a good deal. Watch the prices on the cartridges like anything else. I buy a lot of mine on cricutmachine.com. I watch for specials. I just got 3 cartrides for $40 with shipping. They have a special going on right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #2296  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Design Studio

Thank you all for your input. I get to pick up my cricut expression today, it only took like 3 days to get it at Walmart and I'm so excited! I can't wait to play this weekend!

Quote:

Originally Posted by robannView Post

Last edited by robann; 10-21-2011 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #2297  
Glitter Queen

Default Craft Room help?

Has anyone had any problems with Cricut's new Craft Room? I have tried to update the firmware on my Expression so I can cut, but I keep getting a failure error at the end of the update. I tried calling Provocraft a few times, but am always on hold forever. I thought maybe someone here might have a suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #2298  
Glitter Guru

Did you check the community board they have a list of update info for each model? I have an E2 and cut fine this morning and did an update over the weekend.
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #2299  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by sami02uscView Post
Did you check the community board they have a list of update info for each model? I have an E2 and cut fine this morning and did an update over the weekend.
Thanks. I haven't checked it since last week. I will check it out again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #2300  
Glitter Guru

NP the update was so big we crashed the servers Saturday but Sunday they had it up and running, good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisastenzView Post
Thanks. I haven't checked it since last week. I will check it out again.
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #2301  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by sami02uscView Post
NP the update was so big we crashed the servers Saturday but Sunday they had it up and running, good luck
Great! Thanks so much!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #2302  
Glitter Queen

Default Need help logging onto the Cricut message boards

Ok. I have another Cricut question. I have been trying to log onto the Cricut message boards so I can post some artwork, but every time I try to log in, it tells me my email address and password are not valid. But when I go to the main Cricut page I am able to log in just fine. Then when I click the message board link (after I am logged in), it tells me I am not logged in and when I enter my info again, it again says it is not valid.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? TIA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #2303  
Embossing Fanatic

Default CCR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbird MoonView Post
i went there after reading this this morning and have nothing but computer messes since so be careful.
-------
I'm so glad you mentioned this. I have had problems with my PC since I went into the CCR which is still in beta version. Don't think I'll use the CCR until it is in 'final' version.

I'm also having an issue with my Gypsy since I did the last update. It is not working correctly and I keep getting a message' your gypsy may not cut correctly...' I've updated and re-updated the G two times. I'm annoyed because I never had a problem with my G until this last update. Darn PC.

Best,
MollyZ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #2304  
Matboard Maniac

I'm not the only one having log in issues then. I want to redeam my reward points and can't get into anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #2305  
Glitter Guru

That is odd, I know they changed it to where all the login and passwords are the same but I just checked and can get in to all 3 areas.

So has anyone tries cutting the SU glitter paper yet?
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #2306  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi.
I just purchased a cricut with the George Cartridge. It will not cut!! I have used a couple cricutes that belong to my friends. I have the pressure set on max..speed max and the blade at max. I am trying to cut SU cardstock. I have tried lighter weight cardstock, even some really light weight background paper. Should I invest in a new blade? Or return it to Mikes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #2307  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the blade housing in the correct groove on the claspy arm (that could be sitting to high?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #2308  
Rubber Obsessor

I checked that ..it looks ok. I borrowed a friend's machine..they look the same height. Thanks for the reply
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #2309  
Glitter Guru

Rosalie when you push the button on the top of the blade housing does the blade appear or is covered by plastic?
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #2310  
Rubber Obsessor

It appears, I even checked as to the appearance as I adjusted the blade, and it moved up and down accordingly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #2311  
Glitter Guru

sorry those were my only ideas :( I would return
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #2312  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosalie DoyelView Post
It appears, I even checked as to the appearance as I adjusted the blade, and it moved up and down accordingly
So if you press cut the blade doesn't reach the paper at all or it scores it but not cuts it through?
Can you see the blade dropping down ready to cut?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #2313  
Gallery Gazer

I have no suggestions other than the ones mentioned, but just wanted to wish you luck.
Present Blog

(Old Blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #2314  
Glitter Guru

Received 862 Likes on 513 Posts

I would return it before too much time went by if I couldn't get it working quickly. Does yours look like this picture? Cricut FAQ-100_4795_240x320.jpg
Is the arrow facing the front? If you push on the nib on the top, it will drop the blade. To reinsert, push it down and carefully put the blade back into it. If all that didn't work, I'd return it and exchange it for another one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #2315  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, it only scores, and yes the placement looks like the photo. I will try to reinsert the blade and will let you know. Thank you stampers for all your suggestions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #2316  
Insane Embellisher

hi, just getting started using my cricut. Trying to cut the basketball hoop out of the everyday paper dolls. Has anyone else had trouble with this? I push the clothes tab for basketball, then the shift tab since the hoop is in the upper right corner and then the accessories 3 tab. It tells me 4 is off and I don't even see an accessories 4 and when I push cut I get the whole basketball stand. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #2317  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nana's cookies.....If what you're saying is exactly what you're doing then you are doing it correctly. You're correct, there is no Accessories 4 tab.

Press Accessories 3 tab....press the Shift key....press the correct key for the basketball clothes. It should work.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #2318  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosalie DoyelView Post
Yes, it only scores, and yes the placement looks like the photo. I will try to reinsert the blade and will let you know. Thank you stampers for all your suggestions
Sorry no more ideas on your problem, all I can think of.
Let us know how it works out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #2319  
Rubber Obsessor

I am thinking of purchasing a Cricut Expression and was wondering if anyone can tell
me if all Expression models have a usb port for connecting to the computer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #2320  
Glitter Guru

yes they do that is how you update the firmware and use Cricut craft room (well they supply the cord so the shape is different can't use standard USB cord) Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinbeeView Post
I am thinking of purchasing a Cricut Expression and was wondering if anyone can tell
me if all Expression models have a usb port for connecting to the computer?
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes