Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2004, 05:14 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,037 Likes on 477 Posts
Default New Staz On Colors!!

Good morning all! I posted this on another thread that was "old" so I thought I'd put it here since it's new news. I noticed in the August Creating Keepsakes that there was an ad for Staz On, announcing to look for six new colors in Summer of 2004. I called them, hoping they'd divulge which colors they'd be! But, they couldn't tell me. I guess there are SEVERAL Top Secrets being held!! LOL :lol: But, he did say that they are holding off on releasing them until February of 2005 now. They have some sort of show they're holding them for, and will announce the colors then. That was a bummer, because I assumed that they would be in the new SU Catalog if they were due this summer. I mentioned that I've been hoping for some pastel colors, and he said they've had a LOT of requests for softer colors in Staz On ink, and he thinks there will be some. I tried for more info, I really did! So, until February (or until someone gets their hands on a sample around Christmas!) we'll have to wait and see what new colors come out. Just thought you'd all want to know :lol:
Happy Friday!
Debbi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 05:29 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they will be perfect for coasters! can you use staz-on on fabric for onesies? ive never tried, but would probly get a cleaner image than the fabricos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 05:43 AM   #3  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

that will be neat.. wish they came in spots too so that I could afford more colors.. of course just started buying them.. only got black so far
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 05:47 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

There is a craft store near me that has their ink pads 1/2 price about once every 2 months! They have all of the Stazon colors (that are currently out) and they also have Versamark! So that's an awesome savings and they are exactly like the ones in the SU catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2004, 06:40 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Many craft and paper craft companies wait until the big HIA (Hobby Industry of America now CHA - Craft and Hobby Association) trade show in February to release their new products and lines. It is the trade show that most craft/hobby/stamping/scrapbooking buyers attend to see all the new products. So it's not suprising to me that Tsukineko would wait til then to release the new Stazon Colors. It is when they introduced the Opalite pads.

Carol Duvall usually does a show every year highlighting the hot new products. I know we all hate to wait - but for the rest of the industry it's like Christmas and waiting for the new SU catalog rolled into one.

Fran
Madison WI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2004, 09:18 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,037 Likes on 477 Posts

Fran - Thank you for posting about what the HIA is all about. That's exactly what the rep said to me on the phone. Tsukeniko originally said they intended to release the new ones this summer, but opted after those ads in CK magazine to hold off for the HIA in February. Not Fair! lol I'll be happy when they come out. Just in time for Sell A Bration stamps, too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2004, 10:47 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

wow! I would sooooo love to know which colors they are going to release! I can't wait!

wife to Michael, Mother to 3 beautiful girls-Jordan, Emery, & Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2004, 10:52 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I like to stamp dominoes and love the staz-on pads, new colors will be GREAT, I too hope they'll have some pastels..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 07:26 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Staz On

I'm new to these! How do you clean your stamps after using them? I just received some and read on the back to clean with their cleaner?
Cathie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2004, 03:14 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Default StazON

Cathie,
I use a baby wipe without alcohol in it to clean StazOn off my rubber stamps. Works fine.
NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2004, 05:29 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Staz On Cleaner is great! I also use it to clean my classic black ink off of my workshop stamps that get stained. It takes some patience but, if you just keep reapplying the cleaner and stamping if off with a paper towel your stamps will look almost new again. I sometimes will saturate the stamp and let it sit for a while before I stamp off onto the paper towel. It seems to take of the ink in layers, so if they are really stained it takes many applications.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2004, 07:21 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Thx for the scoop, Debbi...

Now we just have to be patient until February. LOL
YEAH, right, like we can do that???

We're all dying here waiting for the new catty and now we gotta wait longer for the scoop on the stazon. Oh well...we have something to look forward to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: Staz On

Quote:

Originally Posted by manstamper
I'm new to these! How do you clean your stamps after using them? I just received some and read on the back to clean with their cleaner?
Cathie
I have Judi-kins "Rubber Stamp Faric & Permanent Ink Cleaner" It is wonderful! It cleaned the Stazon no problem and Basic Black that had been on my stamps for 3+ years. The smeel of the Judi-kids is very intense so only use it if you can open a window or the door or better yet, just take the stuff outside all together.

Also, one thing I noticed with Stazon is that if I put the stamp back on the ink pad after I used it and then clean it, the ink will come off with Stampin' Mist. Or at least it did with the old formula. I'm not sure if I've tried it since I got my last refill of mist. I read somewhere (probably Stampin' Discuss) that you can tell if you have the new formula by looking to see if the bottle has a lot# on it. If it does, it's the new stuff. That was part of a discussion on whether or not the mist works as well as it used to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 04:11 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Staz On

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbstamper
I have Judi-kins "Rubber Stamp Faric & Permanent Ink Cleaner" It is wonderful! It cleaned the Stazon no problem and Basic Black that had been on my stamps for 3+ years. The smeel of the Judi-kids is very intense so only use it if you can open a window or the door or better yet, just take the stuff outside all together.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Judi-Kins Perm. cleaner--it is hands-down, THE BEST for removing permanent inks, like our Basic Black, Staz-On, etc. I've tried MANY brands, and Judi-Kins is the ONLY one I've found so far, that truly removes permanent ink stains from rubber effectively.

However, it is NOT easy to find and I live in a remote area! I bought my refill bottle from www.rubberstampfun.com --ask Lori, the owner! She's a doll and she carries the large refill bottles of it.

HTH,
Reply With Quote Likes