Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-28-2006, 03:07 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas Balls

Hello Stampers
I am looking for ideas on how to do stamped Christmas Balls (the ones that are hollow inside) -
I have no idea how to do these but have seen:
Glass Balls with Lumiere and pearlex inside
Glass Balls with hand stamped acetate some how placed inside
Glass Balls with a snowflake embossed on them - won't they crack?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Lisa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #2  
Chat Box Chick

I have done ornaments 3 ways:

One way is to put a couple of drops of reinker into the ornament and swirl it around until the whole thing is coated. ( I rinsed out the ornament with water first and it seemed to work better for me) Then, turn the ornament over and let it set for a few minutes to get any excess ink out. Pour in some Dazzling Diamonds and shake it up. Pour out the excess Dazzling Diamonds. Let it dry. That's it!

Another way is to cut a circle out of a window sheet. Be sure to leave a little "tab" on your circle to keep it in place once you put it in the ornament. Stamp your image in StazOn on the window sheet. Color the image with Sharpies. Let the ink dry, then roll the window sheet around a pencil and stick it inside the ornament. Once it is inside, it will open up and you will be able to see your image. Make sure the little tab you created is sticking up through the opening of the ornament. That way you can adjust where the window sheet is sitting inside. That's it!

One more way is to pour Clear varnish into the ornament and swirl it around until it is coated inside. Turn it over and let it drain out the excess. Stamp your image on white tissue paper and color with sharpies. Roll your image around a pencil and insert it into the ornament. The next part is the tricky part. I used a pipe cleaner to press the image against the sides of the ornament. Make sure the entire thing is pressed against the side. Be careful, because the tissue paper will tear easily! Once the Varnish dries, it will be clear, and your image will be nice and clear too!

I found the directions for each of these techniques here on SCS, however I do not remember who posted them. Whoever came up with these techniques deserves tons of credit for the awesome ideas!

Hope this helps!!

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is another thread..
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #4  
Chat Box Chick

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkStazOnMe
I have done ornaments 3 ways:

One way is to put a couple of drops of reinker into the ornament and swirl it around until the whole thing is coated. ( I rinsed out the ornament with water first and it seemed to work better for me) Then, turn the ornament over and let it set for a few minutes to get any excess ink out. Pour in some Dazzling Diamonds and shake it up. Pour out the excess Dazzling Diamonds. Let it dry. That's it!

Another way is to cut a circle out of a window sheet. Be sure to leave a little "tab" on your circle to keep it in place once you put it in the ornament. Stamp your image in StazOn on the window sheet. Color the image with Sharpies. Let the ink dry, then roll the window sheet around a pencil and stick it inside the ornament. Once it is inside, it will open up and you will be able to see your image. Make sure the little tab you created is sticking up through the opening of the ornament. That way you can adjust where the window sheet is sitting inside. That's it!

One more way is to pour Clear varnish into the ornament and swirl it around until it is coated inside. Turn it over and let it drain out the excess. Stamp your image on white tissue paper and color with sharpies. Roll your image around a pencil and insert it into the ornament. The next part is the tricky part. I used a pipe cleaner to press the image against the sides of the ornament. Make sure the entire thing is pressed against the side. Be careful, because the tissue paper will tear easily! Once the Varnish dries, it will be clear, and your image will be nice and clear too!

I found the directions for each of these techniques here on SCS, however I do not remember who posted them. Whoever came up with these techniques deserves tons of credit for the awesome ideas!

Hope this helps!!

oops! I found a mistake in my directions!
For the Varnish/tissue paper ornaments, wrap the image around a bent pipe cleaner to insert it into the ornament. That way it is smaller and since the pipe cleaner is bent, you can use it to push the image against the inside of the ornament.

I can't remember who originally posted the directions for all of these ornaments, but thanks to whoever it was! :mrgreen:

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

What great directions! I was just thinking about presents the kids could help make. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Default thanks

Thank you so much for posting the directions. I keep PMing people who are posting pictures of their beautiful ornaments and no one will tell me how they do it. THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

My daughter and I did 12 of the re-inkers with the Dazzling Diamonds glitter just today for her friends!
It is easy but very time consuming! (You need to do other things while you are waiting for the balls to drain out a little.)
Good luck!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2006, 02:29 AM   #8  
Chat Box Chick

Geez.....One more thing....

For the varnish/tissue paper ornaments (again!) After your image is on the inside and where you want it, you can put Dazzling Diamonds in and shake it up and it will cover anywhere that is not covered with an image.

Ok, I 'think' I'm done now.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes