Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2006, 04:02 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica'sMom
I just visited your gallery, also, and your cards are the BOMB! Just think...if she had posted you as winner, than I'm sure people would have wanted to buy "that stamp and paper" and she would have generated more sales. Her lose.
I agree! Your gallery is fantastic! Boo hiss to the store for their lack of integrity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 AM   #82  
Die Cut Diva

I visited your gallery too ... you have wonderful creations! You are very talented. Yes, please do keep us updated, if anything else transpires. It's such a shame that she didnt just claim you as the prize winner in the first place.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 05:00 AM   #83  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't read the entire thread - just enough to be angry on your behalf ;-)
I just don't understand why this shopowner would take an adversarial stance with a customer. She offered up the money - she should be considering it spent regardless of the number of contestants. But she's dug her heels in on this one & decided that it was more important to win the argument than to win the war. She's taking a very small minded view of this and, frankly, it will hurt her in the long run. Ugh! Makes me nuts when people don't step back & look at the big picture!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 05:19 AM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

What a shame. This is probably a really nice lady who just made a foolish judgement call and now she is paying the price for it.

I believe it is not only foolish to be so shortsighted, but also unethical. She probably sees in retrospect that she should have just awarded the prize, but it is too late now. The damage is done. The OP is going to always have a sour taste in her mouth, and she has shared her disappointment on this board with ladies who will also feel the same way.

This is a really good cautionary tale for us in our SU business, I know it is for me!

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 06:34 AM   #85  
Polyshrink Goddess

What in the world is she thinking?!?! Any business person should know that is not good business practice. And for the amount that is absolutely a death wish for her business. The store must be in trouble financially to not honor such a small amount. And morally I just can't understand it. I would like to go on record as predicting that the store won't be in business much longer.

As for your work, I absolutely love the cards you have in your gallery. You were robbed and I don't blame you for being upset, I would be, too. But rest assured that this will come back to her. It's just a matter of time.

Keep us updated. I'm curious to see what happens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 06:39 AM   #86  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffgirl
What a shame. This is probably a really nice lady who just made a foolish judgement call and now she is paying the price for it.

I believe it is not only foolish to be so shortsighted, but also unethical. She probably sees in retrospect that she should have just awarded the prize, but it is too late now. The damage is done. The OP is going to always have a sour taste in her mouth, and she has shared her disappointment on this board with ladies who will also feel the same way.

This is a really good cautionary tale for us in our SU business, I know it is for me!
Yes I must say I do feel a bit bad for even asking opinions but a part of me wanted to stand up for myself....I tried to take care of this without asking any advice...but recieved three emails with what I think is a wrong decision....so I brought here to ask what you all would do or think...This lady was nice and I am sorry if it hurts her I just want her to do the right thing in the future....If people dont stand up for theirselves than others just walk all over them....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #87  
Stampin' Fool

Okay, I did a google search and think I found the place. If this is the right place, it is very interesting that part of their motto is knock your socks off service. I find it funny considering the total lack of customer service given in this instance :rolleyes:

Q

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 07:32 AM   #88  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretzelgirl8
No way you should have to drive all the way over there to pick up your card! They should mail it to you at their expense.

Disgusting. :mad:
ICAM!!! Having to go pick up your own entry after:
1. driving out there to buy materials specifically for this contest

2. working hard on what I am sure is a beautiful card

3. being told of the unethical and smallminded cancellation of the contest with no warning, and in fact only after you initiated contact with the store yourself to ask what was up

...it is pretty galling the store owner is further volunteering your time and effort by telling you 'you can pick your entry up any time' rather than spend the thirty-seven cents to show some class and mail it to you at the very least.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 07:33 AM   #89  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzyq01
If this is the right place, it is very interesting that part of their motto is knock your socks off service.
It certainly is outstanding(ly poor) customer service, and my socks are in danger of being knocked off from what we have heard here, but not for the reason I'm sure that motto was chosen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #90  
Hardware Hotshot

Has anyone who emailed the store owner gotten a response? Curious minds want to know. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #91  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCT
Has anyone who emailed the store owner gotten a response? Curious minds want to know. ;)
I emailed the store owner yesterday and have not heard anything back....she may be out of town.....I did ask her to please share her thoughts on this situation....so hopefully she will at least let me know if she agrees or not....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:10 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampGroover
Yes I must say I do feel a bit bad for even asking opinions but a part of me wanted to stand up for myself....I tried to take care of this without asking any advice...but recieved three emails with what I think is a wrong decision....so I brought here to ask what you all would do or think...This lady was nice and I am sorry if it hurts her I just want her to do the right thing in the future....If people dont stand up for theirselves than others just walk all over them....
Oh dearie, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was criticizing your posting.

I meant that it was a shame that she couldn't have seen what a huge mistake she was making over such a small issue, is all.

You are well within your rights to ask for advice. And it is not as if you were trying to start a campaign, you were just asking opinions.

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:15 AM   #93  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
This is just wrong, and I'm pretty peeved about her response to you as well. It REALLY upsets me that you even bought things specifically to enter this contest - I would go the BBB website and enter your complaint. The BBB has a wonderful way of helping companies see things the right way.

***********and you are a WINNER in our books!******************
Not to be a bummer, just to save the time and energy- if that store hasn't become a "member" of the BBB then the BBB can and will do nothing with this. I own a business and so I know how that works. Just an FYI. Don't waste your time writing them to get them involved unless they have the sticker on the door or window or something. Businesses have to "join" to be a member and for it all to work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:18 AM   #94  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffgirl
Oh dearie, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was criticizing your posting.

I meant that it was a shame that she couldn't have seen what a huge mistake she was making over such a small issue, is all.

You are well within your rights to ask for advice. And it is not as if you were trying to start a campaign, you were just asking opinions.
Oh no I know you didnt mean it that way....I was just replying to how it has all turned out...it could have been better....I am sorry if it sounded like I was upset....I'm not....Hugs....SG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #95  
Die Cut Diva

When you posted for opinions, did you EVER think you would receive such a response from the SCS community??? Amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:27 AM   #96  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stamping
When you posted for opinions, did you EVER think you would receive such a response from the SCS community??? Amazing!
It is amazing...I really do appreciate all the support too! I am so very encouraged to find such a great support group here! Thanks everyone!! Hugs.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #97  
Crimping Master

I emailed the owner on Saturday, and included a link to this thread. I don't expect a response, but I wanted to make sure she read what people think of her actions.
When my SU demo had a multi-vendor Open House, I was the only one to enter her door prize drawing. I was so excited to win the stamp set. She didn't even think twice about going through with the drawing. I guess that is why she is still my demo, great customer service!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #98  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4
I emailed the owner on Saturday, and included a link to this thread. I don't expect a response, but I wanted to make sure she read what people think of her actions.
When my SU demo had a multi-vendor Open House, I was the only one to enter her door prize drawing. I was so excited to win the stamp set. She didn't even think twice about going through with the drawing. I guess that is why she is still my demo, great customer service!
I just wanted to make it clear that is was the Store Manager that made the decision.....The store owner may be out of town I havent heard back from her....I hope I do....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #99  
Mad Swapper

I was just thinking, maybe the contest had so few entries because others had been burned by them before?

I think you deserved the GC. You entered, followed the rules and it wasn't your fault no one else entered.

Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 12:17 PM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

I understand why you are disappointed. I would have been disappointed, too.
And the store manager's logic that she didn't want to create a winner and a loser is way off in the weeds. In ordinary circumstances, someone would have won, and all others would have lost. So if she was concerned about creating bad feelings for the losers, she was lucky to only have one. She could have declared it a tie and given you both $25 certificates, or split the certificates to $12.50 each.

I think the number of brick and mortar stamp stores is shrinking as the public constantly seems to look for new and different hobbies. So cultivating a happy customer base that bring in their friends is important.

I would talk to the owner (on the phone), and if it is not resolved to your satifaction, request they return your card by Priority Mail, that you feel very uncomfortable coming into the store. That will "should" be a wake up call to the owner about how this contest went. And the lack of participation indicates the word is out on this business, or they simply didn't do their homework. As far as I'm concerned, they were out the $25 when they committed to do the contest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #101  
Forum Fanatic

Default Update

I just got this letter from the store owner....I wanted to let everyone know who was concerned they just emailed me she seemed very sincere about my feelings in this....Thank you to everyone who cheered me up about the whole thing....and Thanks to Pam for the letter....

Dear Cookie,

I am writing to sincerely apologize for any disappointment you have experienced regarding our instore card contest at Impressions from the Heart. We have always prided ourselves in having excellent customer service, constantly striving to exceed the needs and expectations of our customers. Please know that we value you as a customer and want to take the steps necessary to gain back your confidence and retain you as a happy customer.

As a passionate stamper myself, I realize how much love, creativity and work go into designing a card for fellow stampers to enjoy. This is evident by the card you submitted, which is beautiful. I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding and wish to present you with a $25.00 gift certificate to our store. As an additional apology, I have also enclosed a coupon for a free stamp of your choice.

Please know that we have been happily hosting our popular card contests at Impressions from the Heart for several years and normally have many enthusiastic entries. It was a new situation for us to have only two entries submitted for the recent card/tag contest. Not wanting to have any hurt feelings, a decision was made to cancel the contest and send the entries back due to lack of participation. In hind site, the decision, which was made with the intent of kindness, did not take into account your perception as a contestant. Again our apologies, as it was never our intention to devalue the efforts put into your card entry. Life�s lessons are continuous and we have learned another important one.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little about the history about our store. In October 1998, I opened Impressions from the Heart. The name was chosen carefully to reflect my feelings about having a rubber stamp business. It was my goal to offer a place for sharing and teaching others, from the heart, providing a friendly environment for rubber stamp enthusiast, not only for their crafting needs but also as a place to meet new friends. Customer service has always been a priority at Impressions from the Heart. We were honored to receive the award for Craft Trends Retailer of the Year in 2002, chosen as a direct result of the friendly atmosphere and the excellent customer service we render.

It has been wonderful having a business that daily brings in enthusiastic customers that share a love of stamping. The atmosphere is one of fun and friendship. Not a day goes by that you do not hear the sounds of laughter within the store. Customers often stop by just to visit, sit at our counter and chat with us for hours.

The employees and instructors are wonderfully dedicated, friendly and caring ladies full of excitement about rubber stamping and scrapbooking. For many of our customers, they are more than employees and teachers, they have become valued friends.

Once again, please accept my apology for any hurt feelings this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Pamela Bowen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #102  
Watercolor Wizard

Wow, that's incredible. I wasn't really sure what to expect after a bunch of us emailed and such. I know some business owners that it would have made no difference at all. I think this was a very graceful letter of apology, and if I were living in the area, it would be enough to restore my faith in her store. I'm so glad that she looked at this from your standpoint, and had the class to rethink the original decision. Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #103  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow ... what a nice letter. Congratulations and have fun shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #104  
Glitter Guru

Yea...... >>

I love happy endings!

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #105  
Mad Swapper

Wow! That is really great of her to acknowledge her mistakes and make up for them. Now everyone that emailed her to give her grief should really email back and appoligize too. But that's just my opinion.

I had a situation at a store in another town, we drove out of our way on vacation to go to it, had crappy service, rude employees, so I emailed them when I got home. The manager was even ruder, had the nerve to point out that she could watch me on the video survailance and I didn't 'look' annoyed in her opinion. I had asked about a product that I had bought before and the 2 girls working said they had never seen that product made by that company, so it must not exist. Then I had to wait at the till while the girls discussed santa stamps and not one of the 3 said 'we'll be right with you' or anything.
I also went to another store later that day and had exceptional service, it's in Maple Ridge, B.C. and is a camera shop too. The girls were awesome, very friendly, and knowledgeable. I emailed them also and got a great reply back. They actually used my email in their ad in this season's Canadian Scrapbooker mag. So I know it wasn't me being too picky about the first store, I have since run into others that found the girls there to be snobby.

Customer service is such a big thing for me. I wish it was for everyone.
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #106  
Crimping Master

Thank goodness this ended up good...I was ready to scream! Congrats!!!!

This is like a soap! I just love this place!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=37017

Stampin' Up Sr.Supervisor
www.sodanajones.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #107  
Embossing Fanatic

I did send a note on the OP's behalf and here is the response I got:

Thank you for your E-mail regarding the card contest at Impressions from the Heart. I highly value the opinion of our customers and fellow rubber stampers.

Impressions from the Heart is a friendly and caring rubber stamp store. We are always striving to give excellent customer service and to be there to meet the needs of our customers. Our hearts ambition is to share our love of stamping with others, which has been a very rewarding experience. We think of our customers as our "stamping family" and are certainly distressed to have unknowningly caused any hurt feelings, for this I apologize.

I wanted to let you know that I have addressed the situation and sent a letter of apology to Cookie.

If you are ever in the area, I hope you will stop by and see for yourself our wonderful store. I as well as our staff would be honored to personally meet you.

Sincerely,

Pamela Bowen

Good for you!

Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #108  
Forum Fanatic

Pamela Bowen has handled this situation with a lot of class and respect! I would definitely shop at her store!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #109  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

That was a very nice note!

It really sounds like a one time lapse of judgement.

I just LOVE a happy ending!! (which is why I LOVE christmas movies ;) )

my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #110  
Matboard Maniac

YEAH!!! Im so glad things worked out good! I got the same reply that PNMBN got from Pamela Bowen. It was nice that they took the time to write back, as I am in Canada and rarely get down to that particular neighborhood... hehehe.... I think it was a very nicely written letter, and sincere, and truely speaks volumes in their intent to make things right and to see things from the perspective of the customer.... Big {{hugs}} to both StampGroover, and the store.... who as yet remains unnamed!! Im glad that everyone chose to take the high road!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #111  
Crimping Master

I also got the same response that PNMBN got. I was pleasantly surprised to get a response to my email. I am glad there was a happy ending to this story. I did write back to the owner and let her know that I was happy with the outcome and would stop in at her store if I am ever in the area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #112  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, I just read most of this thread. I'm very happy for you that the lady did the right thing and gave you what you deserved! Congrats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #113  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the update!!! I am absolutely delighted that you got such a happy ending. I also received a nice note from the store owner. I think the one that the store owner sent to StampGroover was perfect. It's restored my faith in the local stamping store.

Cheers,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stampgroover,
Congrats to you! You did the right thing. So did the store with a little bit of encouragement. Thanks for paving the way for much more spirited contests in the future. Sorry you had to take the brunt of this one. I was ready to email them myself. But I am so glad everything worked out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 02:10 AM   #115  
Failed Lurker

Great news! Sometimes it pays to stick up for your principles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 02:32 AM   #116  
Die Cut Diva

This is fabulous news! Thanks for letting us know! The store certainly did redeem itself with such a gracious reply to you (and others). I am so happy to hear that this turned out this way! The store owner certainly does know about customer service and the meaning of GOOD customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 04:36 AM   #117  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4
I did write back to the owner and let her know that I was happy with the outcome and would stop in at her store if I am ever in the area.
I've been watching this thread and am glad to hear about the outcome of the whole situation. I think we should all do what speanburg4 did and send notes of encouragement to the store in appreciation for their response. So often we (humans, I mean) jump on the bandwagon of complaining but forget to express our appreciation for the fair and positive resolution. So email again, all! :-D

<---- (Aren't my nephew & niece cute? They take after their aunt, I think!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #118  
Die Cut Diva

YAY! I just read most of this thread as well! She did the right thing for you I'm happy you got what you WON fair and square. I'm sorry you had to go through that hassle!

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Reply With Quote Likes