Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2006, 04:44 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TAC angel locator

I have a friend who emailed TAC looking for an angel in her area, she was interested is signing up with a stamp company (she likes unmounteds or I would have signed her up..LOL) and wanted to get with an actual person to see the products and so on. She received an instant reply stating that they had received her request and would get back to her.

Well nearly three weeks, and she had not heard from TAC :( so she contacted CTMH and got the answer she was looking for and fast too so she signed up with them. Side note, TAC NEVER did get back to her.

I know you guys are going to say "why didn't she call them", well she likes to do her computer stuff after her kids go to bed and she figured that if TAC offers this service on their website, they should email her back.

This really irked her as she thought "what kind of support will I get if I sign up"

What is up with that, why wouldn't they get back to her?? I can understand that there might not have been a demo in her area but they could have at least let her know that.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 04:53 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

TAC is #1 in support for their demonstrators. I can honestly say that they are one of the most friendly companies when it comes to demonstrator support. If I call or email them with questions they are on top of it right away. I can usually hear back from them - often with a phone call in response to an email - within a short while.

I agree, though, that they have not been very good in response in way of "Demo Locator" and I have mentioned it to them - mainly in response to posts through here on SCS. They have been working on a new Angel Locator and that might have been a reason (not that it's a good excuse) AND the GOOD NEWS is that they should be launching a new Angel Locator to their website today or early this week!

I will forward this email onto TAC (no names of course) to let them know that there is a huge disappointment in this area. I do think that the new Angel Locator will be a benefit though and they will also be offering the Angel Locating through phone and such yet also.

If your friend is still looking for a demonstrator in her area, please pm me with her location and I will check on the Angel Demo board to see if there is anyone in her area that can help her.
Jana ~Angel #1251~ Manager with The Angel Company and List Mom for TAC Addicted
http://jana.ismyangel.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 04:56 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Everyone makes mistakes. The only thing I can think of is - TAC has been VERY VERY busy with the new catty release and also getting our new AngelNet / E-commerce up and running and maybe her email slipped through the cracks.

What's done is done, but for anyone else reading this - if you prefer email communication vs. phone for any reason (which I do understand!), definitely FOLLOW UP with another email if you don't have a response within a couple days. And my other suggestion would be - POST IT on message boards like A Shade of Blue or SCS - you'll definitely get swamped with replies or PM's of demos to choose from. And if there's not any local ones for you on that particular board, the demos have other "demo-only" groups that they can check on to find someone for you.

Sorry about your friends experience. That is NOT typical of TAC!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 04:58 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Ditto what Jana said! That has been an ongoing gripe with me...the Angel Locator and I am constantly mentioning it to them. But, the new locator system should be online soon so that is good news for the rest of you.

Sorry that she has had a bad first impression. I can honestly say that as a demo for 4 years I have always gotten unbelievable support!

Luckily there is a great company fit for all of us...SU, TAC and CTMH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 05:03 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks girls:p

I will pass this info on to her and if CTMH doesn't work out for her, maybe she can try again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 05:18 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

A question out of curiosity..

What will the criteria be to have your name listed on your new angel locator or will all of you be listed in your area?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 05:22 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Demo's will have to buy into e-commerce (have your own online catty site where customers can order) to be listed on the angel locator. Those who don't purchase that will only get referrals from home office when someone calls them for one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 05:24 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

That happened to me as well, a few months ago. Tried to find an angel in my area, sent my info to TAC and never heard back from them. Glad to see that they are finally fixing that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 07:46 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

I've tried twice to get a TAC demo in my area and I have had no luck with the consultant locator - no one in my area has ever contacted me -

Thank goodness for SCS - Thanks Jana

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also emailed them about finding a local demo because I wanted yo buy a catalog. I received their email response that they got my email and would be contacting me, and never heard anything again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 08:35 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Sounds like there were a LOT of loopholes in the referral system, huh!

I wouldn't email for a demo - I would just call and talk to a live person. That way you're getting an answer immediately! Of course, that's coming from someone who's "gotta have it now"! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

I've requested a referral from the demo locator twice and NOTHING.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 09:50 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Your best bet is to call TAC directly at 1-785-820-9181, at least until the online demo locator gets up and running. But, again, only the demos that have Ecommerce will be listed online, so it will still benefit to call! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Exclamation TAC Response to this issue

I did email TAC this morning about this issue and I received an email back from one of the supervisors at TAC. I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that this is being looked into and it is not something they consider to be acceptable.

Here's the response I received:

>>Hi Jana,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will address the situation you mentioned with our Customer Service staff. I do know from personal experience that some of the emails that we respond to �bounce back� to us as the sender has a block on their system however that would not seem to be the case here. We also receive numerous replies from demonstrators that are contacting us to thank us for the referrals that are being sent our way. Jana, we so appreciate you alerting us to what you are hearing as this is a major concern that we do not take lightly nor do we want even one potential customer not getting the service and information they need and deserve. We are also grateful to you for caring so much about The Angel Company that you would bring this to our attention as we cannot resolve a situation if we are unaware that problems exist.

If you have any other concerns, questions, or just general feedback please do not hesitate to contact me!!

Thanks again Jana!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!
Smile

I'm sorry your having problems finding a local demo. My eplaination might help you understand.
TAC has just now signed up their 3,100+ demo. There are NOT alot of us in the U.S.A. The company is now 9 yrs old. Unless you live in a huge metropolitan area, you just might not have a Demo close to you.
So that means your area is wide open! So sign up with TAC to get your wings and you can then introduce the company to your stamping & scrapping friends.
Hope this helps!
Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

I wanted to do a catty trade and had the same problem with TAC.... CTMH gal called me back right away and was very nice.

I ended up finding an Angel in a www.meetup.com group and we traded... so I am set now. Perhaps none of the demos in my area are willing to pay for the ecommerce addition???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #17  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

I have had the same experience with the TAC angel locator. I got an email reply very quickly saying they got my request, but I never heard from anyone. I eventually ordered for someone here on SCS!

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I received another email from TAC regarding this topic. This email came directly from Mischelle Smith - the owner of TAC.
Here's a portion of what was sent to me by Mischelle.
>>We certainly value every customer that contacts us and we want to make sure they get the best service possible period! So thank you again for forwarding this! We’ve had a meeting regarding it and we will keep re-iterating it at our weekly meetings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #19  
Forum Fanatic

I had the same problem- I never recieved an email back with a demo name.

After a few weeks I called them and found that there was someone about 60 miles from me, but they didn't have an email listed.

So I emailed Chris (allamericanstampers) who I found by looking at signatures here. Of course, now I'm an Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #20  
Vee
Glitter Guru

This is kinda funny becasue I had the same porblem but with CTMH! They never DID get back to me. I asked for a TAC demo on here and found a great one. I eventually got a CTMH demo on here too. I was seriously gonna switch to TAC before they dropped the wood option. I loved them when they had either wood OR clear mount and thought it would please more people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Almost six years ago I wanted to get into this business. I contacted CTMH looking for a demo and no one ever got back to me. So I signed with SU...which I actually ended up liking better anyway since CTMH was too country back then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

I'm impressed, Barb, that you are directing your friend to "the competition" because it is best for her. You've inspired me to make sure I'm respectful of other companies and demos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

Default re: referral to TAC angels

I wanted to comment on a couple of things. I know I am new here, so I will be short if I can. Not easy for me, hee hee...
I wanted to thank Jana and the other angels for representing TAC so well here, for all of you. I think they are doing a fab job of serving the stampers on the board when you need them. Did you all know that Jana was our TAC Angel of the Year? We love her TONS!
Second, I received a call from TAC regarding a referral of someone interested in getting their wings...and becoming an angel. This was a couple of weeks ago. I called and left two voice mails, and after about ten days heard back from the lady. we talked for a long long time, and although I had left messages on her cell phone, the line she left with TAC she had not received them. I keep records of calls such as that so I am sure of the calls I made. Well she is signing up. Thats great, but she without thinking we replied to her could have thought we did not. I am glad she did.
I know there is room for all of us. We will do our best as angels and I truly hope your friend enjoys CTMH and is successful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by arinsstampinup
I'm impressed, Barb, that you are directing your friend to "the competition" because it is best for her. You've inspired me to make sure I'm respectful of other companies and demos.
thanks, I was just following the Stampin' Up! statement of the heart::p

To love what we do
and share what we love,
as we help others enjoy creativity
and worthwhile accomplishments...
in this we make a difference!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 02:21 AM   #25  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana_angel_1251
TAC is #1 in support for their demonstrators. I can honestly say that they are one of the most friendly companies when it comes to demonstrator support. If I call or email them with questions they are on top of it right away. I can usually hear back from them - often with a phone call in response to an email - within a short while.
Well I think SU is #1 in support too!! I have NEVER had a problem with them when I called and have always received good service. Most times when I needed something "fixed" they just sent me a new one and I got to keep the old one... (ex. I received a pack of kids markers and when I called they told me to keep them!!) SU has many thousands of demonstrators so they can't be all that bad!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar
SU has many thousands of demonstrators so they can't be all that bad!!

Jana never said SU was "bad." In fact I have never heard Jana say anything negative about SU.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 04:10 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Well, sad to say, but my experience has been the same with contacting TAC to find an Angel in my area. I sent them an e-mail with my info as requested on their site, and I have heard nothing, and it's been over 2 weeks. On a happier note, though, after I had waited a week I posted on here looking for a demo, and I receive a message within minutes from a TAC demo here on splitcoast saying that she would send me a catalog. I had pretty much the same experience with CMTH. Again, a CMTH demo here on splitcoast sent me a message within minutes and is sending me a catalog. This post isn't meant to "down" these companies. I do like their products, but I don't care for the system they have to find a demo in your area. All I can say is THANK HEAVEN FOR SPLITCOAST!

The more we thank, the more we discover we have to be thankful for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 04:24 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

And I'm another who submitted a request for an "angel" and received no response. And I live in the Chicago metro area - so it can't be a lack of available angels. I respect the creativity and business sense of the angels on this site, but what's the saying... "you never get a second chance to make a first impression"? Unfortunately my first impression of TAC as a potential customer was not great. And because I love the stamps I get from SU - and a few other sources - I never felt the great desire to follow back up. I believe that's the responsibility of the company, not the customer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 04:28 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

I had this problem to, still haven't heard from them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up

I guess I will be the first to post a positive for the locator. I e-mailed TAC to locate a demonstrator and I received an e-mail back with a name and number of the nearest demo with in one day!!! However, I could not beleive that the nearest Demo is 45-60 minutes away. I sent a second e-mail verifyng the informaition was correct and said "I might as well sign on if there is no one in this area". I got a response that day! The person responding said that TAC would love to have me sign on and sent a link with all the information on how to get my wings!!!! I haven't signed up yet. I'm waiting for a better incentive, but let me tell you I can feel the wings on my sholders already!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

I had a very positive experience with TAC, but I called them directly because I am not a patient person. I was given the name and telephone of the closest demo, and she was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful, sent a catalog off to me as soon as she recieved my check. She is about 50 miles from me, so I can't really go to classes, etc. but she always keeps me informed. Thank you Rebecca Hicks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 02:36 PM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

I had a very similar experience with TAC. I emailed to locate at demo and received a response with a NINE digit phone number. When I emailed back they stated that they can't control if someone changes their number and doesn't tell them. So I emailed again explaining that there wasn't enough numbers not that is was the wrong #. They emailed back and told me I would have to start the whole process over again to get another demos #, so I said forget it. I will stick with Stampin Up & CTMH supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Same thing here, was reading the forums about the new catty and was curious about the stamps, emailed them 2x.
First time no response, second time got the automated, we received your email and will get back to shortly ect. Never received a response with any info, that was about two weeks ago.

Jana and other angels, thanks for looking into this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #34  
Forum Fanatic

Please don't give up on TAC. It disappoints me that they don't respond to their demo locator emails (I too never got a response) but if you call, they will give you the nearest demo.

Heck- if you don't want to call long distance, PM your address to me- and I'll call for you! TAC has some great products, and some superb Angels, and I wish all of you were able to get your hands on a catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2006, 08:06 PM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Okay...before everyone thinks that TAC doesn't respond please read this. I was not aware of how the demonstrator locator is handled down at TAC until I was emailing with the owner of TAC last week regarding this subject. Here is how things are handled at the TAC office when you email TAC asking for a demonstrator:
>>>Typically, when we have a referral we contact a demonstrator and give her the information that we have received - trusting that she will follow up with the referral. Referrals normally go to the closest, active demonstrator. However, we do have customers who specifically ask for certain demonstrators, demonstrators in a certain geographic location, demonstrators who are at a certain level in the company, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes