Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My parents used to always say that boredom is a lack of creativity, so sometimes I think is disappointment in something. Not trying to spread the "bad vibe bug"...just trying to put a spin on it.

I browsed the catty and most of what I saw wasn't me, but I can see potential. ;) The paper and ribbon ROCK!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #122  
Mad Swapper

It isn't that I hate any of it. It is that they seem to be in a pattern of repeating themselves. Snow Flurries is just Little Pieces all over again. I LOVE Little Pieces but I don't need set after set that looks like it and there are also sets in the new catalog that are the same thing too. Almost any of those sets would have appealed to me a few years back but they seem to just be repeats and reworks of old sets. THAT is what disappoints me. I see some companies coming up with new and innovative things. I just want things that feel new and edgy! Nothing wrong with any of those sets at all, but they just make me yawn because they are so much the same as previous sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #123  
Gallery Gazer

Didn't mean for that to sound so harsh. Rather, perhaps on an intial peek at the catty we maybe missing the potential of a first glance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 03:47 PM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

My parents used to alway say: If you expect nothing, you will never be disappointed. It sounds kind of sad. But, if you think about it, it helps you find joy in even the smallest things. And, that is where true joy is.

Just getting to preview has been fun today.
And, the examples will be forthcoming and I am sure, many things will appeal that may not at first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #125  
Polyshrink Goddess

Red face

Anyone else think that it would be cute to use a real metal ornament hanger on those ornamassortment set and make a card? Just had to share.

Give our SCS Team a break...No uploads on Sundays!

Lions and tigers and my blog, oh my!

Visit my site here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #126  
Mad Swapper

I do like that they are putting this out here in July for the public to see so that we can adjust accordingly for our Christmas cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #127  
Mad Swapper

Oh my. There's quite a lot I like in this one. I've always kinda stayed away from the very holiday specific sets, but this time I gotta have Best Fiends and Just Between Fiends. Those two are fun, fun, fun. Also like Snow Flurries and Thoroughly Thankful. Am a little on the fence about Sassy & Seasonal, but will probably end up getting it (if I can swing the budget). Just love the Holiday Thyme paper.

Thanks for leaking it early. At least now I've got a chance to plan and budget until the end of the year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #128  
Mad Swapper

Just Between Fiends! LOL, just couldn't walk away from that one! Thanks for the chuckle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

I didnt see anything that caught my attention either....guess I wont be spending any money from that mini catty this time.

As far as the big catty I got..I only want two sets? How sad is that? I just wasnt very impressed this catty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #130  
Mad Swapper

I just twigged to the fact that the harvest/Thanskgiving set (Thoroughly Thankful) is a set of *6* -- do my eyes deceive me, or is the collection of images in the 'boxes' just *one* big, honkin' stamp? :cool: What fun -- I LOVE making little ones out of big ones! I may have to get that set just so I can cut 'em up -- though the fact that I have a weakness for pumpkins *may* be affecting my judgement somewhat. I'm also a fan of sets that have coordinating 'stamped by' stamps included. And leaves. And sunflowers. And nice all-purpose sayings like the 'counting blessings' one -- I believe that *any* time is good for counting one's blessings...

Rats! I thought I was going to get off relatively lightly this time -- gotta have those *delicious* Holiday Thyme papers and the nifty new ribbons, too. ==> Sidebar: Do we need to start an SCS chapter of PSA (Paper Sluts Anonymous), or what?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #131  
Mad Swapper

That would be cute. I suspect the proportions are wrong for actual ready-made metal hangers, but you could certainly snag some wire and make your own. Go for it!

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpaige
Anyone else think that it would be cute to use a real metal ornament hanger on those ornamassortment set and make a card? Just had to share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #132  
Pearl-ExPert

I really like oranmassortment,holiday trim and heavenly peace. I don't like any of the halloween ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #133  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for posting the Christmas mini. But I am wondering why the ribbon holders come in 2 packs? I think it would have made more sense if they had come either singly or in the 3 tier (different sizes)? Anyway else think this? I guess I will see if I can find a buddy to get the set and then split it....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #134  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
I haven't looked at the mini yet... but I can say this: I won't say whether I like it or not, because almost ALL the time, I have to eat my words. Sets that don't appeal to me at first become my favorites after seeing a single card posted by one of our own SCS power stampers [you know who you are!].

So, I usually withhold my judgement until after I've seen the great color combinations, or the 'use this stamp a different way' card.
You sure took the words out of my mouth! I've been stamping for only a year now, and there were sets that I would have never considered from several minis and the catalogs until I've seen examples in the gallery or my demo having us use them at workshops & camps. I don't expect to love every set in every catalog - each person has a different liking to different designs. But there sure are several sets of stamps that I just have to get my hands on, and the paper is lovely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 05:47 PM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I may only get the halloween ones. They are so cute and great for scrapbooking pages. I also like the snowflakes but I can wait to get that. I'm glad I don't like much out of the mini as our budget can't really afford it right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #136  
Stazon Splitcoast

quote: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I also wish the ribbon holder came in singles or the three tier set because I want one set of all three sizes and will probably have no one to split with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #137  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeahsCreations
I think the demos will have to realize that this kind of helpful info dissemination can't really be stopped. It really does create buzz and help them even if they don't think so.

As for the mini - I love the ribbon, I like the Christmas paper, and I'm interested in a couple of the stamp sets. I don't get "Think Big" at all - what are you supposed to do with a stamp that says "{live}"? Maybe someone could explain that set to me because I'm sure there's someone out there who is in love with it and "gets it."
I don't know that I necessarily "get" it any better than you but I was thinking of scrapbooking maybe. Definitely wouldn't use it for cards. Maybe altered book covers?

I have to say I am in LOVE with this mini and I have only been a demo since Nov. I have a must have order of 138.00 and some more maybes. But that is what is so great as Britta said earlier there is always something for someone.
For the record I couldn't care less if you guys see the mini ahead of time. If it helps plan purchases great! Its not like you can order until sept. 1 so if you don't order anything until then in anticipation and someone loses a little business, well some people don't have a monthly stamping budget and can only order every couple of months. I'd rather my customers get what they really desire not just what I happen to be selling that month. Please no flames just MHO. Hope those samples change some minds!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #138  
Stazon Splitcoast

I usually don't care much for the minis, but I sooooo LOVE this one!

I'm glad that I can't start buying anything in it until September, I told my dh tonight I think I'm gonna have to buy one of everything, and I NEVER say that. There were only one or two sets in the whole thing that I wasn't gaa-gaa over, but I MUST have the ribbon storage. Ribbon is overtaking my house, and I am at a loss to stop it!! And for sure both the Halloween sets. And the spider wheel. Must haves for sure. I love the Christmas sets, all but the one with Santa. Also, not sure about the quick cards set. It's **o.k.**.

Me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #139  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile winter mini

AAAAAA the ribbon holders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw !!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #140  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbarnet
For the record I couldn't care less if you guys see the mini ahead of time. If it helps plan purchases great! Its not like you can order until sept. 1 so if you don't order anything until then in anticipation and someone loses a little business, well some people don't have a monthly stamping budget and can only order every couple of months. I'd rather my customers get what they really desire not just what I happen to be selling that month.
My jaw literally just dropped to see a demo openly post this attitude on these forums in a thread like this!!!! This is exactly the kind of attitude, knowledge, and respect for customers I wish every SU demo had at least a glimmering of!!! Thank you so much for posting, I think a lot of customers don't see this attitude nearly enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #141  
Watercolor Wizard

thanks for posting the link... not sure yet, what I will buy.

I just think some people are "the glass is half full " and most people think the glass is "half empty kind of folks."

I just prefer to state the positive and focus on that ... if it's SU, TAC, CTMH, or any other company.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #142  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
My jaw literally just dropped to see a demo openly post this attitude on these forums in a thread like this!!!! This is exactly the kind of attitude, knowledge, and respect for customers I wish every SU demo had at least a glimmering of!!! Thank you so much for posting, I think a lot of customers don't see this attitude nearly enough!
Add me to the list of people who thinks this demo is right on with her attitude!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #143  
Watercolor Wizard

I think I'm weird but I must have sassy and seasonal - that lady with the santa hat is too freaking cute!!!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #144  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbarnet
I don't know that I necessarily "get" it any better than you but I was thinking of scrapbooking maybe. Definitely wouldn't use it for cards. Maybe altered book covers?

I have to say I am in LOVE with this mini and I have only been a demo since Nov. I have a must have order of 138.00 and some more maybes. But that is what is so great as Britta said earlier there is always something for someone.
For the record I couldn't care less if you guys see the mini ahead of time. If it helps plan purchases great! Its not like you can order until sept. 1 so if you don't order anything until then in anticipation and someone loses a little business, well some people don't have a monthly stamping budget and can only order every couple of months. I'd rather my customers get what they really desire not just what I happen to be selling that month. Please no flames just MHO. Hope those samples change some minds!
Thanks for addressing my comment about "Think Big" although I still don't understand what {live} means, but I knew someone would find a use for it. ;)
As for the demo attitude - AWESOME! My sis is my demo and she knows that I have to budget my spending carefully. I'm allowed $50 per month. I'm going to spend that much guaranteed - the question for me is what is my priority for each month. Being able to see the mini in advance or catty or anything else just helps me be a satisfied customer. I'm still going to buy what I'm going to buy, but I'm going to do it in the right order, kwim?
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #145  
Gallery Gazer

Looked at the mini........not much on my list of gotta haves. Looked at the new catty online and was pretty disappointed in the flower section. Only saw a few things that I thought I'd put on my list. Good! More money for accessories! A good time to be creative and use what I have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 03:01 AM   #146  
Stazon Splitcoast

<sigh> i must be a weirdo or my taste is horrible, i really liked the mini. so many opportunities for cards popped into my head when i viewed it... THIS is why i never post my cards! LOL
jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 03:13 AM   #147  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks so much for posting the catty.
Some I liked some I didn't
Maybe they will grow on me
Hugs
Pearl Angel #2689 TAC demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 03:18 AM   #148  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty2004
<sigh> i must be a weirdo or my taste is horrible, i really liked the mini. so many opportunities for cards popped into my head when i viewed it... THIS is why i never post my cards! LOL
jan
Oh no, you should post your cards!

Honestly this mini isn't my style. I'm disappointed that there's nothing there to add to my stash.

It is other people's style, though. Just because something isn't to my personal taste doesn't mean it isn't beautiful or admirable.

I think you're lucky that SU!'s current design direction suits your style. I'd be happier if it suited mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 05:09 AM   #149  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

THIS is why i never post my cards!
I hope you are not being serious!!!! I love every card I've ever seen in the gallery and am really glad and grateful the creators or recipients sharing with us! Please re-read the numerous posts that have been made where people said, "I didn't see any sets that immediately grabbed me, but look forward to seeing what all the SCSrs do with them!"

Frex, I will probably never, ever buy one of these line-art sets because I am SO not into colouring in anything, but that doesn't mean I don't love seeing all the watercoloured, gamsol'd, blender penned, coloured-in images in the gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 06:59 AM   #150  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

jan
No.....You SHOULD post. Just because the mini doesn't contain something I would put on my need list doesn't necessarily mean it is awful! When you get a couple of thousand stamps, you just become a little more picky......at least I do. It has to be quite different or I'm not interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&cars
No.....You SHOULD post. Just because the mini doesn't contain something I would put on my need list doesn't necessarily mean it is awful! When you get a couple of thousand stamps, you just become a little more picky......at least I do. It has to be quite different or I'm not interested.
A COUPLE THOUSAND??? I want to come play at your house!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 07:02 AM   #152  
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought I had a lot of stamps with "nearing a thousand". My dh would totally freak if I had thousandS, PLURAL!!!

I wanna come over and play, too!

Me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 07:28 AM   #153  
Gallery Gazer

Yes, over 2,000....Okay, okay........it isn't like I did it overnight........I've been stamping for about 20 years and the collection just expanded. Besides, if you talk to someone like JulieHRR......she's got WAY more than that!!

Texas isn't that far from Oregon, Keri.......come on over!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I may just take you up on that someday! LOL

And sure point the finger at someone else who has MORE THAN YOU!!!! hahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #155  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

some people may be like me and have soooooo much ribbon that they need two of one size. I'll be getting a set of each size and will be able to fill them right away. Oh this addiction of mine !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MazG
Thanks for posting the Christmas mini. But I am wondering why the ribbon holders come in 2 packs? I think it would have made more sense if they had come either singly or in the 3 tier (different sizes)? Anyway else think this? I guess I will see if I can find a buddy to get the set and then split it....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 08:05 AM   #156  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
I think I'm weird but I must have sassy and seasonal - that lady with the santa hat is too freaking cute!!!

I totally agree!! I have Paris in the Spring, too, for the very same reason! Love that scooter girl, and I'm loving that sled girl now, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #157  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
And sure point the finger at someone else who has MORE THAN YOU!!!! hahahaha
Gotta justify my habit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #158  
Glitter Queen

Default sets i like

jolly holiday
perfect endings
snow fluries (I can take all my cards I've done with little peices, and change the colors to christmas, and use this set instead.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 08:19 AM   #159  
Gabfest Goddess

I really like some of the Christmas sets, but not so much on the Halloween sets. I also like the designer papers and the new ribbon, and the ribbon holders look really cool. I like this mini much better than the summer one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #160  
Glitter Guru

Thanks so much for posting the Catalogue! I actually think it is one of the better minis that they have put out! Obviously there are a few that do not interest me, but over all, I was impressed with it. More stamps to add to the Wish List!
Reply With Quote Likes