Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile What munchies to serve at stamp party?

Hi ladies. I'm here to get some brainstorming done. My DH is noooo help - of course he listed off all of his favorite junk foods! All I've thought of is pita chips and dip. I'm hosting a stamp party next week and I'm trying to think of snacks that won't leave lots of residue on their hands since we are stamping! It's at 7 p.m., so it's not a huge deal, but any ideas?

"Life is full of gifts. Look for them."

I've made it to 50 cards!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

My demonstrator always had a table set up in the corner of her room with lemon water, tray of cookies, vege platter and crackers and cheese. We would just randomly go over during the night and grab whatever and I always just washed my hands in the restroom which was right around the corner when I was finished snacking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #3  
Hot Mess

M&M's always work for me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you decide on, don't have much. Most people don't eat any of it - they're more interested in the stamping. I find that if I want to do something small, some type of light appetizer (Pampered Chef is good for ideas on this one), maybe lemonade (or other drink) and maybe some brownies or even chocolate pieces (like Hershey Nuggets) for something sweet. Again, the important thing to remember is most people don't eat. Depending on what time of day the party is, many people have just come from a big meal and don't really want anything else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 05:12 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

M&M's and chocolate always work for me. Cookies and tea often work as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

That's funny...when ever I have my SU parties at my house, I think people come for the food. My friends even make requests for what I should make. Maybe that's a not-so-good thing. Since I moved, I feel like I need to provide something or a few things because people have to come out of their way now. My demo though, would always tell me to not go crazy...

I always make spinach dip, chips, ranch and taco dips, brownies with cherries and choc chips (always a request), last time I added cinnamon swirl crumb cake, and a few other things. I can't remember if I made a veggie tray this time or not. As for the party itself, people go back and forth. Most the people at my parties are pretty familiar so that's probably why they can do it like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82
Whatever you decide on, don't have much. Most people don't eat any of it - they're more interested in the stamping. I find that if I want to do something small, some type of light appetizer (Pampered Chef is good for ideas on this one), maybe lemonade (or other drink) and maybe some brownies or even chocolate pieces (like Hershey Nuggets) for something sweet. Again, the important thing to remember is most people don't eat. Depending on what time of day the party is, many people have just come from a big meal and don't really want anything else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up This is what works for me...

I work 40+ hours a week-so homemade goodies are not an option. I have a table with "Lance" crackers, individually packaged assort. of chips, small boxes of raisins, and bite size snickers. Beside the table I place a cooler with bottled water -have a towel and sharpie marker handy-they can wipe the water bottle off with towel and put their initials on the lid w/marker. Sometimes in place of chips I use the individually wrapped "low calorie" snacks. This works great-it eliminates the need for plates, cups-paper products in general and keeps the focus on the stamping. If I'm hosting a stamp-a-stack I fix treat bags with tic-tacs, gum, put the raisins in, and something chocolate. Pile them up in a big basket and it makes a great center piece for the snack table. Keep it simple is my plan!! I have actually had folks tell me they like what I do because it takes the pressure off them for when they host-they don't have to cook!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Low residue snacks -

Pretzels
M&Ms

? DUH I can't think of anything else. I sat here for the longest time trying to think of something. I made chocolate chip cookies last time I hosted scrap night and it went over big but they scarfed the cookies and soda first while we socialized and then we washed up and did some scrap and stamping.

I went to a friend's house for scrap night and she had a big bowl of hard candy - Werthers and those Creme Swirl candies. I thought that was great becuase I could snack but not have a mess.

When my sister hosted she made one of those big trifle bowls where you put yellow cake and chocolate pudding and whipped cream and Heath bars in it. Everyone got a bowl of it and it was our chocolate fix for the night. We used spoons so no hand residue. YUMMO!!! I vote for this since I had some last weekend and now I want more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Default wine!

I find that wine helps my creative juices flow. Everything looks better after a glass of white!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Wow! I don't know who you non-eaters are!!! lol We always have food at our stamp club parties and everyone always eats. Usually we have a hot cheese dip with chips, fresh veggies with spinach dip and something sweet. Cookies, wrapped chocolates, whatever. But we have ours on Sunday afternoons. When we are done stamping and writing up our orders is when we eat so messy hands aren't really a concern for us. Since yours is in the evening go with a dessert that can be eaten with a spoon or fork. Make sure it is something your family enjoys and it won't matter if no one eats it at the party!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 08:37 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

YUMMY! I love food and stamping. My old 6x6 group always ahd a great assortment. Some fun drink..mai tai's, etc. , a great hot dip and something sweet. We all brought one thing and munched away.

Now that I have moved, we just have a light dessert and lemonade. But, we dont stay long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 09:19 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

WINE, WINE, WINE, they buy more!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

little bowls of jelly beans are nice on the stamping tables...munch with no mess and stamp at the same time...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Woo hoo! I always know where to find the answers! I'm by-passing my husband with all your suggestions and going to chat with my stamping friend tomorrow. I liked all your ideas, and if I ended up using them all, we would be feasting instead of stamping!!! I think I'm ready for a stamping sleepover!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 08:13 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristiK
WINE, WINE, WINE, they buy more!!
We always vote for pitchers of cosmos! People seem to drink more than they eat at our parties. So we always have some little sweet, bottled water and wine, or wine coolers or some mixed drink.
Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 09:35 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AZShann said: That's funny...when ever I have my SU parties at my house, I think people come for the food. My friends even make requests for what I should make. Maybe that's a not-so-good thing. Since I moved, I feel like I need to provide something or a few things because people have to come out of their way now. My demo though, would always tell me to not go crazy...

I always make spinach dip, chips, ranch and taco dips, brownies with cherries and choc chips (always a request), last time I added cinnamon swirl crumb cake, and a few other things. I can't remember if I made a veggie tray this time or not. As for the party itself, people go back and forth. Most the people at my parties are pretty familiar so that's probably why they can do it like that.

I'm with Shannon on this! I always have lots of food at my stamping get-togethers. The girls usually come right from work, so I'll have devilled eggs, fruit and veggie platters with dips, cheese and crackers, sandwich fixings, and something chocolate, of course! I have coffee, tea, wine, and soda for beverages. I think we eat and gab as much as we stamp![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

my demo always has cheese and crackers, homemade dips for chips or crackers, brownie bites ( my favorite!!!), grapes, and crystal light and water! oh, and some pretzels!

"Wisdom is what's left after we've run out of personal opinions."
Cullen Hightower
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm coming to stamp with all of you! I'm the only stamper I know so I usually stamp alone - if I want treats I have to make them!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi ladies! Had the party last night! I have to say - I've got to go with geogymnast82! The M&M's and nuts were gobbled up - along with drinks - the vegetable and fruit platter, pita chips, dip, and brownies were barely touched! My dh and I have a lot of eating to do! We spent too much time talking and stamping! It was a blast!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jeez! The club parties I went to usually had a tray of cookies and that was it! Sounds like your parties are ALOT better in the food department than the ones I go to!
I made a carrot cake which seemed to be a big hit. The demo even kept the leftovers! (probably becuase the party was at her house)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Baked Potatoe bar is EASY and CHEAP!!! Under $5 and you feed 20+ people!
Butter, Sourcream, cheese, steamed broccoli, chili, bacon,... the best/favorites are just butter and sourcream.

GUMMIE BEARS!!!
J-me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #22  
Forum Fanatic

My demo always offered water and chips at her stamp camps.

I would be scared to eat while stamping, finger prints or spills on foods. I'm a bit messy.

But now that I've heard of some of the spreads you lay out- oooh- I'm hungry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #23  
Inking Addict

Location: just trying to navigate through all the muck to get to the Good Stuff!

For the 2 parties that I have had at my house I have made (for both); spinach dip in a bread bowl, BLT dip (pampered chef recipe, easiest and most delicious dip EVER ), a veggie tray, a fruit tray, homemade cheesecake - one plain and one choc. chip, 7-layer mexican dip w/tortilla chips, potato chips and dip and everyone still insists on bringing something too, they are so sweet!! I love to cook so it is the most enjoyable part of the party to me, yes stamping is 2nd to my entertaining...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #24  
Inking Addict

Location: just trying to navigate through all the muck to get to the Good Stuff!

Can't edit, to add this:
Everyone always comes over at least a half-hour early so we can snack 1st and then stamp and then snack again! 2 snack shifts works the best, I think
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82
I agree, in my experience the spread is usually still left when everyone leaves. I've noticed that a lot of times people are in a hurry to leave and don't have any time to eat the snacks. My first party, I had so much and most of it was left. My last party, I made a really nice cake and I think everyone had a piece and that was enough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #26  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rk
I agree, in my experience the spread is usually still left when everyone leaves. I've noticed that a lot of times people are in a hurry to leave and don't have any time to eat the snacks. My first party, I had so much and most of it was left. My last party, I made a really nice cake and I think everyone had a piece and that was enough.
mrshungria - I am glad your party went well!!! Hope you got lots of Hostess benefits and $free$ products cause that is really the whole point, right?

The food part must just depend on who is coming, etc. Since my parties have all been 7 or 8 of my good friends, they all hang around before and after to eat and chat and maybe have some margaritas, no one is ever in a hurry to run home besides our DH's expect us to be out all night anyway - wouldnt want to disappoint them;) !! AnNd then when we have a workshop or stamp club meeting at any of their houses they make just as much cause we all know we are going to be hanging around after to chat. I guess it just depends on the people that come:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile Party!!!

I had 14 people, which was too many to make two cards, not to mention my house is teeny and it was hot! I like to stamp, stamp, stamp and talk at the same time, but with materials to only make two cards, then a lot of people are sitting around and waiting. It was just so much fun to have everyone there so excited about stamping and having a good time! My good friend and the demo didn't leave until late - we just kept talking about stamps!

The most hysterical part of the evening was that my dh cleaned the bathroom upstairs (I thought if someone wanted more privacy). He decided to take a shower with everyone downstairs, but forgot that I had switched his bath towel to only hand towels, and so there he was stuck in the bathroom drying himself off with hand towels because there were 15 of us downstairs!

My dh called at 9:00 to see if everyone had left - ha, ha, ha!

Reply With Quote Likes