Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #41  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave some blank, for writing my own personalized mesage in. I stamp a sentiment in some, if I have an appropriate one, but for most of mine, I use the computer. I always, always put a "liner" in my cards...usually a text weight sheet of white or ivory paper; sometimes I can find nice flecked or grained papers in office supply stores. I just don't feel cards are complete unless they are have a liner...
To print a verse or sentiment, I set up a document in Word or Publisher so that I can print 2 on a sheet, either portrait or landscape format, whichever way your card opens. I use a colour close to the colour of my main cardstock to coordinate. Cards I have done, I save as templates then revise as needed for new cards. I scour websites that have good quotes and sayings and save these in files to open and pull from later. Here are a couple of my favourites:
http://versalog.com
http://www.quotegarden.com
http://www.drstamping.com
You only have to type "friendship sayings" or whatever sibject you're looking for into your favourite search engine and you'll find tons at your fingertips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 03:57 AM   #42  
Compulsive Stamper

Default kathywheat

Great ideas!! I usually wait until I send it to put in the sentiment/note BUT when I make my card, I stamp a small coordinating image on neutral and punch it out with a 1 1/4" circle punch, and mount it on a 1 3/8" punched circle. I mount this lightly with SNAIL on the left side of the inside of card. Then when I add a liner, I can pry it off, and mount it in the same plece in the liner, or on the envelope. It is also handy to anchor a ribbon/hemp or cover brad "legs" on the inside of the card. I can't wait to try it with the new oval punch adn the 3/4" punch. Inside my Cowboy Kid card this month, I punched out an imagee of the hobby horse head for my inside treat!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:09 AM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Default Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinvicki
I usually leave mine blank until I'm ready to use/give them. Here's a great site with some great sayings...
http://www.members.aol.com/BuildaBut...lda.htm#quotes
You can copy and paste them --- then print onto cardstock using whatever fonts you like.
Thanks for the link to the website !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 AM   #44  
Glitter Guru

For anyone looking for the postcard templates I use, here is the direct link:

4 Postcards Landscape

4 Postcards Portrait

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 AM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the links to the great websites! I will be sure to pass them along to my stamping friends in Southern Illinois.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:14 AM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

I also usually leave mine black until I get ready to send them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:52 AM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Since I make up several cards at a time, I never know exactly what I want the inside to say. So I print a few coordinating sayings using my computer that match the outside sentiment. Ex... thank you, birthday, graduation...
I print them on vellum and then I IMMEDIATLY emboss the text. This works if you work fast. They turn out great! I usually tear around the saying, sponge the sides and attach vellum tape that still has the paper on the back. I do not adhere any of them to the card. I include a few primas, or cut out images used on the front to embellish the saying for later. This way when the need arises for that type of card - I have choices. Any left over sayings I just save for cards at another time.

Here are a few of the sights I get inspiration from that I do not believe have been mentioned.

http://www.heavensinspirations.com/card-verses.html
http://www.indianchild.com/QUOTATIONS%20PAGE.htm
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/L...70/lslists.htm
http://www.verseit.com/

Blessings,
Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 07:05 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

I usually leave mine blank, unless I have a specific person in mind. Then I will find a quote I like and print it on the computer. Sometimes I use vellum, sometimes cardstock. I also like to stamp and faint image in the center sometimes, depending on the set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #49  
Glitter Queen

Smile Love to Stamp

I usually cut a nice sheet of good grade copy paper - 94% Brightness and tape just the top after folding. I usually put part of the design that is the front of the card inside along with a stamped saying of some kind. This depends on what you card is for. Works great and my club likes doing this.:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #50  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinvicki
I usually leave mine blank until I'm ready to use/give them. Here's a great site with some great sayings...
http://www.members.aol.com/BuildaBut...lda.htm#quotes
You can copy and paste them --- then print onto cardstock using whatever fonts you like.
Thanks for sharing this!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:24 AM   #51  
Cardstock Collector

I usually make my cards with the purpose/person in mind. Sometimes I leave it blank but I do like the Sage Advice verses as well. Also the Greeting for All Reason's set works well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #52  
Cardstock Collector

Default inside message

I have wondered the same thing - but I thought I would just type a verse or my own words onto regular computer paper - to size- and attach it inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 02:47 AM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

absolutely nothing usually. sometimes I stamp in there to co ordinate with the outside but that is usually it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 02:52 AM   #54  
Mad Swapper

I always use patterned paper to make an insert for the inside of my cards. And since most Cards I make have dots somewhere on the front, it's usually the same dotty paper for the insert. I never stamp a message on the inside - only on the outside - I prefer to hand-write them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 06:34 AM   #55  
Rubber Obsessor

I usually put the cardstock in the computer (if stock is not too thick) and print off a verse before I decorate the card or type it up on vellum and cut slightly smaller than the inside measurements of the card. Sometimes I use the "inside" stamps but there are a couple of really good sites where I get my verses. One is "The Stamper's Versalog". It's url is http://versalog.com/v/; the other is DRStamping, Stampers uni-Verse-ity.Library. It's url is http://www.drstamping.com/university.html. Hopes this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 06:38 AM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

I usually put the cardstock in the computer (if stock is not too thick) and print off a verse before I decorate the card or type it up on vellum and cut slightly smaller than the inside measurements of the card. Sometimes I use the "inside" stamps but there are a couple of really good sites where I get my verses. One is "The Stamper's Versalog". Its url is http://versalog.com/v/; the other is DRStamping, Stampers uni-Verse-ity.Library. Its url is http://www.drstamping.com/university.html. Hopes this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 07:52 AM   #57  
Compulsive Stamper

Default What's Inside???

I do about 50/50 as well. It really depends on who it goes to too. I've been trying to collect as many verses and sentiments as possible lately. A tip I have is to split up the verse... put a little on the front like a teaser and the rest on the inside to finish the idea. For example, I'd stamp "thanks" on the outside and then "you're an angel" on the inside. That is really one stamp from the Fashion Statements set. This doesn't always work obviously but I always at least think about it when I am using a sentiment to see if I can do that. You can do this by using your markers or masking part of the stamp. Hope that gives someone a new idea. ;)

Happy Stamping! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 08:11 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

My Aunt gave me a couple of books that I get stuff from and use the printer. They are like "the perfect word" quotes for scrapbooking. and the perfect word for card making. They have everything in them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

I like to stamp one of the smaller stamps from the SU sets on the bottom left inside of the card with the greeting from the front, I also stamp this same image and greeting on the back of the card. This works well with small flowers and butterflies (Natural Beauty). I keep an eye out for stamp sets such as Brighter Tomorrow and Elegant Inspirations. I collect quote books such as Quote UnQuote Vol 1 real-life quotes for everyday moments compiled by Allison Tyler Jones. c. 2004 Autum Leaves ISBN 0-9714913-3-X. I was given bags and boxes of greeting cards when my Mom and my Aunt went into care homes... I have typed and printed out the greetings and isides and use them for my cards as they fit. I have collected a whole bunch of Happy Birthday stamps in different fonts and sizes... because that's what I make most of. For people that I send a card to every year, I use the newest stamps I have... that way at least the card will be different than the one I sent the year before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I would like to encourage you to write the inside of the card in your own handwriting... it will become better with practice.. it really adds to the worth of the card, especially a card you have made yourself. I copy the quotes and verses in my own handwriting... and my handwriting has become better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #61  
Kookie Creator

Has anyone had any luck putting cardstock in their printer? Can you do this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 03:47 AM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 177 Likes on 148 Posts

Yup, sure can! I do this for printing on vellum and cardstock for my technique classes. No problem.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 09:56 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like to decorate the insides of my cards to match the front. Sometimes I will add a "pocket" so that I can put tags that I write on and pictures of my girls'. On the opposite page I try to put a sentiment of some sort. I don't have many sentiment stamps so I like to find different things online and type them out on the computer and glue them to the inside.
TSG Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #64  
Compulsive Stamper

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathywheat
Great ideas!! I usually wait until I send it to put in the sentiment/note BUT when I make my card, I stamp a small coordinating image on neutral and punch it out with a 1 1/4" circle punch, and mount it on a 1 3/8" punched circle. I mount this lightly with SNAIL on the left side of the inside of card. Then when I add a liner, I can pry it off, and mount it in the same plece in the liner, or on the envelope. It is also handy to anchor a ribbon/hemp or cover brad "legs" on the inside of the card. I can't wait to try it with the new oval punch adn the 3/4" punch. Inside my Cowboy Kid card this month, I punched out an imagee of the hobby horse head for my inside treat!
OOOOH Thank You!! I LOVE this idea! I also usually leave mine blank until needed except in the case of Christmas and birthdays when I do a bunch all at once.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 06:59 AM   #65  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
I do some insides (innies and outies) depending on the card, sometime there are things that just go together. I have also found that Avery has a template for post cards that print 4 to a sheet, and you can type in whatever verse or things you want to say, and print them out like that, there is a margin and it prints so great! I have some cards I did this with, I can link it if anyone is interested.
I would love a link to that! Do you print on SU cardstock or is it too heavy for a small deskjet printer?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:26 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default card stock printing

You can print on SU cardstock very easily.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:30 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Avery Templates

Here is a link to the Avery site which has many different templates to use depending on what you want to print.
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...&node=10194403
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #68  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I have a lot of word stamps, I typically use my printer to print a sentiment on the inside. Not for the basic holidays (like birthdays, Christmas, etc.) but for something like Groundhog's Day... or a special wedding card or something like that.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2006, 04:01 AM   #69  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Card insides

I have pages and pages of card verses for all occasions and I create my own templates in Word and print up sheets at a time on vellum. I pick a couple of verses that I like and print them on the vellum in a few different text samples to change them up a little.
Reply With Quote Likes