Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #1201  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH and I just got back from a romantic 3 days out of town. It was wonderful! Anyway, I get back to see 2 more pages added to this thread, my goodness everyone is so busy.
Yesterday we went to 2 JoAnn stores becuase we had 50% coupons to use and at one store DH was looking to see if he could spot something I would need and these SA's were telling him his wife needed a cricut. (I just make cards in my spare time, I don't scrapbook -yet - just a hobbiest who enjoys making cards.) So he nicely told the ladies I didn't need that and that I had a cuttlebug. They laughed in his face!!!! Like the cuttlebug was the stupidest thing in the world. I was so angry! He calmly asked the ladies if the cricut embossed...........and they said 'well, no'. And he told them that was why his wife did NOT need the cricut. It was funny.
Then after we left he told me I could have a cricut if I wanted but I really don't do much die cutting. I love my hubby

I would love to know how you all are sandwiching the wizard stuff and brass stencils. It takes Joanns forever and a day to ship to my home - ugh still waiting for that order.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #1202  
Polyshrink Goddess

My husband got the bug for me for Christmas and already I have ordered 15 of the A2 embossing folders, many of the four little square folders and I just won a lot of eight dies(the metal ones) on ebay for $33.00. I looked and those little metal ones are like 15.99 so I got a great deal! I haven't even used this thing yet and it's killing me! There are so many adorable embossing patterns! Somebody help me. By the way.. Happy scrapbooking has the greatest deals and they are so stinkin fast that it's feeding my addiction!

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #1203  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
Why do I get a dialog box popping up to connect to Millan.net?? Every time I open this thread now, it happens... It all started with Sweet Miss Daisy...hmm....

I'm getting it too. Beats me...I just click cancel.

Yes I am on the Joann mailing list, but they only send to ONE person per address, so my daughter's name is on it, too. Bet she grabbed it!

The more I read, the more I want this thing. Thanks a lot, y'all!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #1204  
Stampin' Fool

I wondered about the dialog box, too. I was afraid it might be a virus or something. I'm not that computer savvy. I asked for the cuttlebug for Christmas, and have gotten a few dies and embossing envelopes. I'm going to be very disappointed if I don't get it. I just couldn't resist using the coupons on the accessories. I don't have any die cut machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #1205  
Rubber Obsessor

I just got the same Millan.net box that popped up. That never happened before. Why is that happening?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #1206  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Why do I get a dialog box popping up to connect to Millan.net?? Every time I open this thread now, it happens... It all started with Sweet Miss Daisy...hmm....
oh, me too :mrgreen:

I thought it was a special pass for those of us who continued past page 30 of this thread.:rolleyes: so resisted signing on. But was it Sweet Miss Daisy? Not her royal highness or the great JoanH?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #1207  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have read at least half of this thread but can't find the answer to my question. I have the big old Sizzix. How to do I get the cuttlebug embossing folder to work? I have the adapter but there is a gap of about 1/2" between the adapter and the embossing folder. I bought the replacement cutting pads but they are too large.
Kay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #1208  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now that I look back, I think it was Mona Lisa. (Sorry, girls, it's not meant as a slam, lol!) It's just something to do with their smilies. None of the animated smilies are working for me anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #1209  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahstampart

Yes I am on the Joann mailing list, but they only send to ONE person per address, so my daughter's name is on it, too. Bet she grabbed it!
I currently get two almost every single week. I wish I could get them to stop sending them- I didn't change my address with them when I moved, and they still tracked me down. I get one in my maiden name and one in my married name.

And the pop up box is a bit annoying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #1210  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by friendly63
My husband got the bug for me for Christmas and already I have ordered 15 of the A2 embossing folders, many of the four little square folders and I just won a lot of eight dies(the metal ones) on ebay for $33.00. I looked and those little metal ones are like 15.99 so I got a great deal! I haven't even used this thing yet and it's killing me! There are so many adorable embossing patterns! Somebody help me. By the way.. Happy scrapbooking has the greatest deals and they are so stinkin fast that it's feeding my addiction!

Dawn
I hope no one from here is getting pulled in by e-bay auctions for the embossing folders, some of the 4.99 ones going for $20 or more.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #1211  
Matboard Maniac

Default brass stencils

Just wondering if it's possible to use brass stencils in the cuttlebug. I hope there's a way.
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #1212  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am wondering how everyone is storing the Alaphabet bars for the Bug?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #1213  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by brits4
Just wondering if it's possible to use brass stencils in the cuttlebug. I hope there's a way.
Sue
EllenH explains it well on her blog, Simple Dreams.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #1214  
Mad Swapper

I, too get the milan.net thing. In fact when I clicked to reply it popped up again! What 's up with that. I am still trying to get the redtag alphabet on the bay. I am getting it for my birthday present to me. I still have a week, yet. I will keep trying but I won't be home much next week. I am working every day. I did snag another set of 4 embossing folders and 3 more Sizzix dies. I really need to cut it out and wait until after Christmas and my B-day but I know my family won't get me those things. I really need them to finish the present I am making for my mother for her B-day in January. Which really needs to be finished by the day After Christams because I won't see her on her B-Day.
Oh, I forgot! About the JoAnn's coupons. I not only get their flyer in the mail but I also get coupons sent to me by e-mail. If anyone wants ones I can e-mail them to you. They call them friends and family. Well, you are ll my SCS firends. So........ I usually print two to use at JoAnn's and use the one from the mailed flyer at Michael's. I don't get the paper and Michael's will take competors coupons if they are printed and not copies like the one I get in an e-mail.
I will now need to put my daughter's name on JoAnn's mailing list. I got her a sewing machine for Christmas and I know she will need those coupons. I guess I could use our P.O. box. Then she could have them when I want to use them, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #1215  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by leney
I, too get the milan.net thing. In fact when I clicked to reply it popped up again! What 's up with that. I am still trying to get the redtag alphabet on the bay. I am getting it for my birthday present to me. I still have a week, yet. I will keep trying but I won't be home much next week. I am working every day. I did snag another set of 4 embossing folders and 3 more Sizzix dies. I really need to cut it out and wait until after Christmas and my B-day but I know my family won't get me those things. I really need them to finish the present I am making for my mother for her B-day in January. Which really needs to be finished by the day After Christams because I won't see her on her B-Day.
Oh, I forgot! About the JoAnn's coupons. I not only get their flyer in the mail but I also get coupons sent to me by e-mail. If anyone wants ones I can e-mail them to you. They call them friends and family. Well, you are ll my SCS firends. So........ I usually print two to use at JoAnn's and use the one from the mailed flyer at Michael's. I don't get the paper and Michael's will take competors coupons if they are printed and not copies like the one I get in an e-mail.
I will now need to put my daughter's name on JoAnn's mailing list. I got her a sewing machine for Christmas and I know she will need those coupons. I guess I could use our P.O. box. Then she could have them when I want to use them, too!
How do you get Joann's to e-mail the coupons?

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #1216  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiestamper
How do you get Joann's to e-mail the coupons?
I ordered from them online and registered with Joanns.com and since then I have been recieving coupons as well.
You may be able to register with them without ordering. Check it out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #1217  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCRAPPYNANA
For people asking about the crease pad, The Ellison site says that the crease-rule dies need the crease pad.

Here are a couple of posts about it that I found on another site.

"The crease pad is for the cut n folds that cut but also make perforations to fold."

"I think the crease pad is used for when you want to put a crease or score in the paper (like for a box that gets folded) instead of cutting all the way through. "

"I have a bigshot.I have had trouble with those sizzix dies that have a fold line that is scored by the die (like the Manilla Envelope die mentioned in the post above). I have 8 of those cut and score type sizzix dies. I tried the blue crease pad that ellison sells and that worked for all but 2 of the dies. I called ellison and they said that there will be a new sizzix pad for the new sizzix Big Kick machine that will work perfectly with those dies. And that the pad will also work with my bigshot. I don't have one yet so I don't know if this is true. I sure hope so."

HTH
Carol
hmmm....one of the Sissix dies I picked up is a cut-n-fold die. Do I need any special pads to use that one?

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #1218  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Now that I look back, I think it was Mona Lisa. (Sorry, girls, it's not meant as a slam, lol!) It's just something to do with their smilies. None of the animated smilies are working for me anymore.
At Mona Lisa's request I have deleted post #1186 to see if that alleviates the issue.

If this issue persists, please let myself or admin know. Not sure what's causing it to do that . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #1219  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysnowflake
DH and I just got back from a romantic 3 days out of town. It was wonderful! Anyway, I get back to see 2 more pages added to this thread, my goodness everyone is so busy.
Yesterday we went to 2 JoAnn stores becuase we had 50% coupons to use and at one store DH was looking to see if he could spot something I would need and these SA's were telling him his wife needed a cricut. (I just make cards in my spare time, I don't scrapbook -yet - just a hobbiest who enjoys making cards.) So he nicely told the ladies I didn't need that and that I had a cuttlebug. They laughed in his face!!!! Like the cuttlebug was the stupidest thing in the world. I was so angry! He calmly asked the ladies if the cricut embossed...........and they said 'well, no'. And he told them that was why his wife did NOT need the cricut. It was funny.
Then after we left he told me I could have a cricut if I wanted but I really don't do much die cutting. I love my hubby

I would love to know how you all are sandwiching the wizard stuff and brass stencils. It takes Joanns forever and a day to ship to my home - ugh still waiting for that order.
You should be so proud of your DH! That's awesome that he stuck up for you and your CB! My husband would A) never go into a craft store with me, and B) not know what in the world a cricut or cuttlebug or any of those tools were! And in response to your comment about your Joann's order, my Joann's order from last Monday still hasn't shipped!!!

By the way, I'm still getting that Milan pop up. So odd!

Enabler alert: have you all seen the really cool embossing/texture plates on Ellisondesign.com? I've got a shopping cart started on that site and I'm trying to stick to a budget....

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #1220  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefsegirl
I then used my Sixxix die, and I cracked one of my "B" plates. I was very mad and I was ready to take that die back this week, but after researching this thread, I learned a couple of things. FIRST, I tried my Sixxix die again, even with the cracked plate, and I put it in Rubber side up, and horizontal in the CB. Ran it through, no problem. I also have a thought that if it is a brand new die, to just run it through a couple of times to loosen the cutters.

So, do all brands of dies go into the CB rubber side up?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #1221  
Rubber Obsessor

I bought one!!! I don't have any dies yet :( It should come with one.....just for the sure and simple fact that I want to play with it as soon as I get home!! I'm waiting for another coupon to my first die set.

Tara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #1222  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got the milan.net popup.

Had to buy a few more CB dies and folders with coupons at Michael's yesterday. I think it's possible I've gone a little overboard. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 02:30 AM   #1223  
Watercolor Wizard

I have read at least half of this thread but can't find the answer to my question. I have the big old Sizzix. How to do I get the cuttlebug embossing folder to work? I have the adapter but there is a gap of about 1/2" between the adapter and the embossing folder. I bought the replacement cutting pads but they are too large.
Kay

Kay,
I have had no trouble using the old red sizzix machine with the convertor, not an adaptor wafer to cut the embossing folders.

Thanks to these ladies, now I even own the Hippy Chick alpha that I have to still open and try. They are killing my budget.

Arlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 05:40 AM   #1224  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysnowflake
I ordered from them online and registered with Joanns.com and since then I have been recieving coupons as well.
You may be able to register with them without ordering. Check it out
Hmm...I think I am registered but I went and clicked on something at the top of the page (did this last night & can't remember what it said :rolleyes: ) and I think I got signed up for more e-mails (already got some but was only getting the sewing machine ones for some reason), so hopefully the coupons will come. Anyhow, this morning I got an e-mail thanking me for signing up and it had a code for free shipping. So I think I *need* that Wizard Charm kit. LOL.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 AM   #1225  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

hmmm....one of the Sissix dies I picked up is a cut-n-fold die. Do I need any special pads to use that one?
So, I guess it looks like I need a crease pad?

Does anyone know if the Big Shot crease pad HERE will work with the Sissix dies in the CB machine? :confused:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #1226  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Cuttlebug vs. wizard dies

Okay, okay, so I found myself in Michaels and purchased the Cuttlebug. I also purchased a few dies and embossing folders.

Since it was late last night and didn't have time to even open it, do I need anything else to go with the Cuttlebug to use the Wizard dies or any other dies?

Any other helpful insights would be most welcomed too.
Thanks,
Lynn
Looking for friendship in all the right places. SCS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #1227  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

So, I guess it looks like I need a crease pad?

Does anyone know if the Big Shot crease pad HERE will work with the Sissix dies in the CB machine? :confused:
I've got a bunch of those Sizzix cut-n-fold dies and they've worked fine in my Sizzix without needing anything extra. What I discovered in using 'em in my CB is that I need enough pressure to get 'em rolled through but not too much otherwise, what should just be score lines for folding, end up cutting as well. After playing around with some chipboard shims I came up with the solution of using just 1 B mat and the homemade shim to roll those dies through and they end up just right. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #1228  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, I have read most everything here, but my retention rate is getting lower by the day. Has anyone had the dreaded cracking sound with cuttlebug dies? No problem with embossing folders, and the first couple of times I used my dies, it was fine. THen I tried a third one (same type of cs) and I heard a pretty loud crack. No visible crack, but I stopped and did not run it through. I was using all 4 2x2. Does the placement matter? I don't want a broken piece.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #1229  
Rubber Obsessor

What is a crease pad and when would I need it?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #1230  
Rubber Obsessor

I just read a previous posting that explained about the crease pad. Now I know. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #1231  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie
I've got a bunch of those Sizzix cut-n-fold dies and they've worked fine in my Sizzix without needing anything extra. What I discovered in using 'em in my CB is that I need enough pressure to get 'em rolled through but not too much otherwise, what should just be score lines for folding, end up cutting as well. After playing around with some chipboard shims I came up with the solution of using just 1 B mat and the homemade shim to roll those dies through and they end up just right. HTH!
Thanks! Maybe I will hold off on ordering that pad and experiment first.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #1232  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Hmm...I think I am registered but I went and clicked on something at the top of the page (did this last night & can't remember what it said :rolleyes: ) and I think I got signed up for more e-mails (already got some but was only getting the sewing machine ones for some reason), so hopefully the coupons will come. Anyhow, this morning I got an e-mail thanking me for signing up and it had a code for free shipping. So I think I *need* that Wizard Charm kit. LOL.
I am in the same boat with you. I have registered and done it several times now, yet I do not receive the coupons either. My GF, who got me started with the free ship qualification this past summer, does. The only thing we think we did differently is that she showed an interest for more of Joann's craft categories than I did. So, I did sign up again last month and got the same welcome you did - but still no coupon codes. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #1233  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
At Mona Lisa's request I have deleted post #1186 to see if that alleviates the issue.

If this issue persists, please let myself or admin know. Not sure what's causing it to do that . . .
sent a PM
pop up still appears for me when I scroll thru pages
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #1234  
Polyshrink Goddess

I finally figured out how to use the embossing folder in my Sizzix. I thought the converter was already on it but it was not!!! Once I put in on, it worked great!!!
Kay
I just went on line and bought more of the embossing folders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #1235  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Kay, I can't wait to see what you make! I hope you'll upload something soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #1236  
Stazon Splitcoast

dang it! just got my charm embossing kit, ran a brass stencil through and CRACKED my B cutting pad. Not only that, the suction doesn't seem to be as good as it was in the beginning.

<sigh> must be time for a fudgesicle break.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #1237  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

dang it! just got my charm embossing kit, ran a brass stencil through and CRACKED my B cutting pad. Not only that, the suction doesn't seem to be as good as it was in the beginning.

<sigh> must be time for a fudgesicle break.....

:( I feel for you.

Were you just rolling them out like crazy today?

Hope the fudgesicle helps a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #1238  
Stazon Splitcoast

The first one didn't, but the second one seems to be....

I haven't used the cb in a few days now! I just don't understand what happened....I got one thorugh just fine and then what I thought was the same combination of pads went through and "CRACK"! So, no more playing until I can get more pads....

Luckily, I just got a whole box of the fudgesicles from Costco on Friday....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #1239  
Stampin' Fool

Default I went cuttlebug crazy!

I got my big ebay deal delivered today with 6 alphas and various other dies and I went to town on a halloween layout! How have I lived without this thing. Here's a link to my creation. It looks so much better IRL. I'm in love...

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

and the second page

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #1240  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

The first one didn't, but the second one seems to be....

I haven't used the cb in a few days now! I just don't understand what happened....I got one thorugh just fine and then what I thought was the same combination of pads went through and "CRACK"! So, no more playing until I can get more pads....

Luckily, I just got a whole box of the fudgesicles from Costco on Friday....
I better start looking for those pads in prep. I struggle with cranks after awhile so got my DS to help me out. He just kept whipping out the pretty designs from the dryp embossers and after awhile told me that something seemed funny with the machine. The crank seemed tighter. I think the acrylic plate had curled up to its limit and flipping it didn't seem to help. We just abandoned the project and the next day - it was fine. I'm wondering if there's a right way and better way to put my pieces of the crank together - in my haste I may have done somethin'

No fudgesicles here. I am using a thinner acrylic plate (from the Zip-e-mate) with the alpha dies to punch out chipboard. only because I want the CB one to last until i have a back up.

Thanks for the sharing of your stories.
Reply With Quote Likes