Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Mounting my stamps

I am looking into using acrylic as I have seen how nice it is for storage purposes. I am scared because I do LOVE have them wood mounted and ready to go but for storage so I can take my stamps to crops, etc. I think cling mounting them is something I would like to try. So, here are my questions. Where is a good deal for the EZ Mount. So far I am finding it to cost $4 per sheet..ugh. Is there any way I can leave the foam on my SU stamps and put something on the sticky side that usually attaches to the wood so it won't be too sticky but just enough for the acrylic blocks? That would save me TONS of money. Any ideas? Also, where is a good source for the CD cases everyone is using for storage. I LOVE this idea.

I honestly have never attended a crop outside my home because I figured once I got there I would want a set I have at home as I have so many and I never really know what I want. I do need to get out the of house and I think this will help me take MORE stuff with me..hehe.

Thanks for all your help.

Tammy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2006, 11:07 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity3333us
I am looking into using acrylic as I have seen how nice it is for storage purposes. I am scared because I do LOVE have them wood mounted and ready to go but for storage so I can take my stamps to crops, etc. I think cling mounting them is something I would like to try. So, here are my questions. Where is a good deal for the EZ Mount. So far I am finding it to cost $4 per sheet..ugh. Is there any way I can leave the foam on my SU stamps and put something on the sticky side that usually attaches to the wood so it won't be too sticky but just enough for the acrylic blocks? That would save me TONS of money. Any ideas? Also, where is a good source for the CD cases everyone is using for storage. I LOVE this idea.

I honestly have never attended a crop outside my home because I figured once I got there I would want a set I have at home as I have so many and I never really know what I want. I do need to get out the of house and I think this will help me take MORE stuff with me..hehe.

Thanks for all your help.

Tammy
Hi Tammy,

I have gone all unmounted within the last several months, so maybe I can answer some of your questions.

As for the EZ mount, I don't know of a place that is cheaper. I got mine at Sunday International and I think it is, yes, $4 a sheet. It is terrific, tho, and I recommend it highly.

Having said that, I don't personally use EZ for that many of my stamps. I use it for non-SU stamps that I got rubber-only and for a few SU stamps that the cushion got damaged.

For the vast majority of my SU stamps, I use the cushion they came with. For my old stamps, I carefully peeled them off the wood (sometimes you have to put them in the microwave for a few seconds first), and then applied Alene's Tack It Over-and-Over on the back. Once that has "dried" you should stick it to the back of your hand or your shirt, but after that it will work very well. For brand new stamps, I do the same thing. Trim them, peel off the backing and apply Alene's to the back. (Make sure it is the tack it over-and-over kind.)

This has saved me a bunch of money on EZ Mount. Also, it's a lot of work to pull all your of stamps totally off the cushion to put EZ Mount on them -- why not use the cushion that's already there? (I guess I'm lazy)

I know other people use different methods and you can do a search here in the forums to maybe find some old posts. I actually asked these same questions before I went unmounted and I got a ton of good advice. I remember some people use Poster tape (?) instead of the Alene's. There are several different ways of doing it.

As for the CD cases, I have gotten most of mine from Big Lots. Be sure to get the standard size. The slim line won't work. I recently bought a package of 40 cases at Big Lots for, I think, $5.99.

One thing I did was I first tried this method with some $1 stamps I got at Michael's. I figured the most I could do was ruin a $1 stamp. If you like it, then you can decide to go totally unmounted. One thing I will say is that if you "unmount" some of your stamps, I recommend "unmounting" them all, or you may end up never using one or the other of them. But that may just be me.

I also keep larger stamps, my alphabets, and EFP stamps in a binder on the plastic sheets they sell at Sunday International. I have also heard of people storing them on page protector with a piece of old cereal box or something inside for stability.

I also, personally, keep my BG stamps on the wood. I may change that eventually as I seem to collecting a LOT of BG stamps!

I realize I've rambled on quite a bit! If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them!

Hope that helps,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2006, 02:05 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

www.mobestamps.com sells EZ Mount $4 a sheet and has free shipping in the US (no minimum). I've unmounted all my alphas and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I actually use them now!

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Cassandranet really laid out a great answer for you!! I replied to your other thread so I'll give you the short version here!

Try out both methods and see which you prefer!! For less than $10 you can try and go with what you like best.

My vote is the EZ Cling but that's just what I am used to! There seems to be alot of good deals out there, including ebay, and I know TAC sells it for $5 a sheet. The draw for buying it there is you qualify for a free stamp with a $30 purchase and the chance to buy some great stamp specials!! Like their Spring Fling that just started...ah, but now I'm hijacking this thread!

I don't have a Big Lots close by (rats!!!) but I buy my CD cases at Staples...about 25 for 8. I know Walmart carries them too! You will be totally amazed at how much space you save!! AND the best part is DH will NOT ask you anymore--do you REALLY need all those stamps?!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cassandranet...question??? When you take your SU stamps off the wood with the cushion still attatched is it still a bit sticky?? Do you then put the tack it over & over onto that and let it dry??? I have been buying the EZ mount and using the cd cases but this sounds much cheaper. Also...do you do the same with new SU sets, just put the tack it o&o onto the new sticky piece? Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryJo Marshall
Cassandranet...question??? When you take your SU stamps off the wood with the cushion still attatched is it still a bit sticky?? Do you then put the tack it over & over onto that and let it dry??? I have been buying the EZ mount and using the cd cases but this sounds much cheaper. Also...do you do the same with new SU sets, just put the tack it o&o onto the new sticky piece? Thanks for any help.
Hi MaryJo,

Yep. This is exactly what I do. I put the Tack It directly on the stickiness. Just be sure to get a nice (thin) even coat over the whole back. For new stamps, I trim them first, then peel off the paper and apply the Tack It to the (sticky) back. Once upon a time, I used to put powder on the back to take away the stickiness, but someone here at SCS told me that wasn't necessary, and it doesn't seem to be! Saves me a step.

I put few of my new stamp sets (in the past) on a sort of 'cling vinyl' like the kind you stick on windows. It works, but I really anticipate one day having to rip that off and replace it once it loses it ability to stick. I think I will stay (or "stick with" haha) the Tack It or EZ Mount from now on.

One thing I learned the other day is that if you get Staz On Cleaner on the back of your stamp, that will kill the stickiness. I just put more Tack It on there, let it dry and it was good as new. Be sure to stick it to the back of your hand first before storing it in a CD case.

Standard Disclaimer -- I would advise anyone to read the back of the Tack It bottle before using. I'm not a professional -- this is just what I personally do. ;)

My philosophy is: If I don't damage/ruin the RUBBER I can always undo anything I've done. So I've tried a few different means and these are the ones that have worked for me.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny4wheel
www.mobestamps.com sells EZ Mount $4 a sheet and has free shipping in the US (no minimum). I've unmounted all my alphas and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I actually use them now!
Cool, thanks for thee tip! Only problems is, if I go to that website, I might be forced to buy MORE alphabit stamps. I have one Mo Be set (pharmacy) and I love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I am also an EZ Mount girl. I've found that one sheet goes a long way and I can get quite a few stamps mounted from the one sheet. I get my ez mount from www.franticstamper.com

Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought recycled CD cases. For less than $25.00 I got 100 cases and that included shipping. Bad news is that my old computer and the website favorite are lost :( BUT I *think* the name was Alternative Community Training. They are a workshop for people with disabilities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

PLEASE EXPLAIN FOR THE NEWBIES OUT HERE.
I AM CONFUSED BY WHAT THIS TAC IT STUFF IS FOR???
I JUST READ THE DIRECTIONS FOR EZ MOUNT AND IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE THEY WANT YOU TO REMOVE THE FOAM AND JUST USE THE RUBBER. IS THAT WHAT THEY ARE SAYING??
I ALSO DON'T GET THE POINT OR PURPOSE OF STICKING THE EZ MOUNT TO YOUR HAND BEFORE PUTTING IN THE CASE??
ESSENTIALLY IS EZ MOUNT CLEAR AND TACKY LIKE CLOSE TO MY HEART STAMPS???
IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE SUBJECT AND SEND ME DIRECTIONS STEP BY STEP FOR IDIOTS I WOULD BE SO APPRECIATIVE.
I SO WANT TO TRY THIS BUT AM LEARY WITHOUT DIRECTIONS THAT MAKE COMPLETE SENSE TO ME..
THANKS SO MUCH!!
SUE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Sue - I'll try to help.

EZ Mount is used in place of cushion - or the foam on your SU stamps. If you buy unmounted stamps, they are usually bare rubber. You stick them to the adhesive side of the EZ Mount and the other side of the EZ Mount sticks to the acrylic blocks. If I'm using EZ Mount, I do remove the foam cushion-The EZ Mount is pretty thick on its own and I don't think the stamps could be stored in cd cases if they had foam cushion and EZ Mount both. It's not clear like CTMH stamps, but it makes your rubber stamps act like CTMH in that they pop on and off acrylic blocks and you save a lot of storage space.

The Tack-It-Over-And-Over is a special glue that you can apply to your SU stamps right over the sticky on the cushion. It's considerably less expensive than the EZ Mount. If it gets un-sticky, you can just apply more. And I've found that a lot of smaller stamps (like alphabets!) work just fine without any cushion, so you can apply the TIO&O directly to the rubber if you want.

I think when Cassandra was talking about sticking the stamps to your hand first, she was only talking about the ones she used the Tack It Over and Over on. It is some sticky stuff, and if you don't stick it to your hand or clothes before you put it in a cd case, it can be challenging to get it back out of there! The EZ mount grips really well to the cd case and acrylic block, but also peels back off very easily.

I've also used the Scotch poster tape on an acrylic mount (or a Jenga block) when I had a new unmounted stamp that hadn't been stickified yet and I was in a hurry to use it. Works really well, but definitely doesn't last as long as the Tack It Over and Over. I have a couple of the magnetic alphabet and saying sets from Making Memories, but I don't like the metal stamp handles they stick to - the poster tape on a Jenga block works best for those.

Prairie Stamper has pretty good unmounted instructions at http://www.prairiestamper.8m.com/whats_new.html

Also, if you're looking specifically for EZ Mount info, they have a great page on The Angel Company's website:
http://www.theangelcompany.net/assem...ativeCling.pdf
Apparently, they are now calling their EZ Mount "Creative Cling," but it looks to be the same thing, at least in the pictures.

Cheryl with a C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2006, 06:51 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP..
ONE MORE QUESTIONS..
IS IT CHANLLENGING TO REMOVE THE FOAM FROM SU! STAMPS??
ANY TRICKS ANYONE WANTS TO SHARE??
DO YOU TRIM THE STAMP BEFORE OR AFTER ADHERING TO EZ MOUNT??
THANKS TO ALL!!
SUE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I had one SU set that I removed the foam because it didn't come off the block in one piece, and yes, it was a challenge. I warmed it in the microwave and rubbed until my thumb went numb, but it did eventually come off. I think if I had tried some un-du it would have come off more easily, but I didn't want to damage the rubber.

You can trim the stamps either before or after sticking them to the ez-mount. If you trim them before, you can get more stamps to a sheet of ez-mount, but you're trimming twice (once for the rubber, and again for the ez-mount.) If you trim it after, you're only trimming once but you'll have more wasted ez-mount.

Cheryl with a C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Cassandranet: Thank you for the reply. I just mounted some new stamp sets with the ez mount that I had already purchased. I kept two of the stamps unmounted and am going to try the tack it way! It would save me more money if I didn't have to buy the EZmount...with what I save I can buy more SU!!!! I have been getting my empty cd cases at Target. Just bought 2 more 10 packs yesterday. Thank you again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I just bought a couple of unmounted sets to try but haven't bought anything to attach them yet, I got a free sample of the EZ mount with my order so thought I'd try it out first. Where do you all purchase the tack it o&O stuff?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jboss1
Where do you all purchase the tack it o&O stuff?

Any craft store. I bought mine at Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2006, 04:56 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

For anyone interested in the EZ Mount foam, it's on sale here for March only:

http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/creativemode.html

Thru Monthly Rubber Stamps Club, shipping is only $1, read the shipping info. I have ordered from Creative Mode before and they are reliable.

~ Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I like the idea of using TIOAO glue with stamps that have been removed from it's wood.
Saves time and money.

But for the stamps that i buy from TAC already come with Ez-mount foam (we call it Creative Cling foam) the same stuff.

If I buy stamps unmounted from somewhere esle I use the Creative cling foam Cause alway have a little extra.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

`Okay, so the question of the day is, what do you do with all of the stamp boxes and wooden blocks? I have 60+ sets, and going completely unmounted is VERY tempting, but what did you do with your stuff? And you know how cool all your stamp sets look all lined up in their boxes on a shelf? Do they look equally cool in CD cases? (I know you all know what I mean!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerilou
`Okay, so the question of the day is, what do you do with all of the stamp boxes and wooden blocks? I have 60+ sets, and going completely unmounted is VERY tempting, but what did you do with your stuff?
I have unmounted stamps from other companies and find them easy to use. Just not sure I'd do that to my Stampin' Up sets. The only thing that holds me back is I don't think the stamps would sell very well on ebay, not that I want to get rid of any yet. Ha, I told my husband if I die, he could probably pay for my funeral by selling all my stuff.

Small brainstorm:
  • You could probably sell the blocks and cases on ebay.
  • If you have young kids, they could use them as building blocks - if not, give them to a daycare for that use. More fun for the kids if you stamp the blocks, too.
  • Cases could be used to store embellishments, die cuts.
  • Store all those itty bitty lego pieces your kids have in the cases, get them organized.
  • Drill a hole in a medium or large block, stick a dowel in it, put a clip on the top and use as a recipe or photo holder. Don't forget to stamp the block to decorate. ...hmm, gift idea?
  • Take the blocks to the local woodcarving club, see what they can do with them.
  • Mount two block on a wall in a T shape, the top one can be used as a mini decorative shelf, i.e. put a candle there.
  • Screw a bunch of blocks in scattered pattern to an outside wall of house - got yourself a rock climbing gym. Don't forget to stamp the blocks to decorate, of course.
  • In emergency, i.e. power outage in the winter, you've got some mighty fine firewood. Hardwood burns a long time. Decoration optional

More ideas anyone?

~ Kathy

Last edited by ikimom; 03-04-2006 at 01:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

Plastic Boxes...what to do with them?

Large boxes: ink spot will fit nicely in them.
Larger cards, Other wood mounted stamps, Markers will fit nicely in them for Storage or Travel.

Med Boxes: Cards for Swaps or RAK's waiting to be mailed.
Cardstock pieces that you don't have a file for. Fiber, Ribbon.

Small Boxes: Brads, Eyelets, Tags, Straight pins, Push pins.
Earring for traveling, Nails, Screws, Little tags,

I have a few that I keep and hang on my peg board.

The larger ones I carry in my tool box that I take to workshops and show's and even to my friends house.

Because they are easy to place inside without taking up much room.

Wood mounts...Well you could burn them you them for fire starter. Only if you want to.

CD cases Look really good. I make a label for all my stamps and put them on the end of the CD case and store them in CD holder. Takes up less room.
Look neater!

Yes I own a Few SU stamps and I have thought about taking them off their blocks, but I don't think I will be doing that.

To much time. to take them off the wood block...and beside I would loose time stamping..and having fun with my stamps!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2006, 07:14 AM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

I use my empty boxes to put scraps, little items, cards and/or card fronts from swaps. I store reinkers in them. I keep most of the boxes cause they hold many different things. I can also use them to put card/envelope sets together and give as gifts. I unmounted almost all of my sets and love having more room. I put my cd boxes standing up in my plastic drawers. LOVE IT!! I give the wood blocks to my husband to burn in the firepit in the spring and fall. Like the suggestions above for blocks for kids...may have to try that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #23  
Duchess of Dork

I have a related question, so will post it here. I want to make my own giant letter stamps (just can't afford $16.95 a letter!). I want to cut them out of fun foam, but need something thicker to put on the back of it to "unmount" it! I like the tack it glue. (When a friend of mine sold for TAC (for a very short time) about 2, maybe 3 years ago, they were using the tack it glue (I thought it was funny since the abbreviation for the company is TAC! Then they went to the vinyl cling method. )

What kind of thick foam might work for this? The fun foam is way too thin.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Chef Mama,

Maybe a double layer of the fun foam would work?

~ Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #25  
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikimom
Chef Mama,

Maybe a double layer of the fun foam would work?

~ Kathy
That would be a good idea. I'm such a dork. It's pretty thin, but I could use multiple layers. I thought of that, but then thought, "I don't want to cut out the letter more than once!" Well, duh, you glue the pieces together, THEN cut at once! I also just saw that they make sticky sided fun foam, so that would be even better! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Doesn't the fun foam come in different thicknesses?? Check at Michael's or JoAnn's and see. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #27  
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryJo Marshall
Doesn't the fun foam come in different thicknesses?? Check at Michael's or JoAnn's and see. HTH
I used to find it in different thicknesses, then when I looked again, I couldn't. Boy, if they do have the thick one again, THAT would be PERFECT! Thanks for the idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxma
Any craft store. I bought mine at Michaels.

Thanks, I'll check there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a question about the Aleene's glue===does one coat do it, or should I try two? Here is what I did: thinking it would work wonderfully--
I mounted my stamps on the red cushion with one sided adhesive...coated the other side with the TIO&O...I have these printed cards that came with my UM sheet, that show all the images, and I laminated them, thinking the stamps would stick to them, kinda for storage, in a document box...they stick, but not that great...any tips? They seem to stick to the block okay...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, I want to thank EVERYONE for responding to my plea. I have found many websites on the internet for CD cases for 200 for $33 at meritline.com in case anyone was interested.

Now, my next question. How do you all make those nice labels so the stamp set name shows on that little edge? Also, are you just stamping the pictures of what the stamps look like to put on the bigger window or are you printing from somewhere?

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2006, 09:17 PM   #31  
Stampin' Fool

This is great - I've been thinking of going woodless for a long time but have been afraid to try it. The last 5 or 6 stamp sets I bought from SU haven't been mounted yet, and I bought some cling sheets from TAC (although my patience is beginning to run out - I placed the order over 2 wks ago and it's still not in) and I was going to try to mount the SU sets on the cling, then store them in CD cases. We really don't have room for these huge sets. Do you suppose SU would ever consider selling them unmounted??

My gallery, such as it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #32  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity3333us
Now, my next question. How do you all make those nice labels so the stamp set name shows on that little edge? Also, are you just stamping the pictures of what the stamps look like to put on the bigger window or are you printing from somewhere?

Thanks again.
I make a copy of the stamp identifiers that come with the set and put that on the cover. The name is on the side and I peel that off and stick it on the edge. Know what I mean? Look for it the next time you get a set, it's small, but it's there. On the edge or the bottom of the pcs you stick onto your wood.

My gallery, such as it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Yep, I know what you are talking about. Darn, now how to get that little sticky off the boxes to put on my CD cases of the tons of sets already mounted..lol. I love that idea for my future sets though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2006, 08:39 AM   #34  
Compulsive Stamper

Default THIS MAY BE A SILLY QUESTION, BUT.....

What to you do with the image stickers that are on the wood blocks of your already-mounted stamps? How do you identify individual stamps. The only unmounteds I've used are the predone acrylic ones that have the image on each stamp. Does this make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2006, 07:21 PM   #35  
Compulsive Stamper

Does anybody regret going "woodless"?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2006, 08:16 AM   #36  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Grrrrr....!!!!!!

The other day I got my New stamps from my SU demo.

And I thought I would unmount them well....Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!....... .and I tried. I really do not like them that way. It's hard to get the sticky foam that SU put on and them replacing it with the Creative Cling foam TAC sells.

So I have 3 stamps from my Noteworthy stamp set on Creative Cling foam and all the rest are on the wood.

The way they were suppose to be mounted in the first place.

I think I will keep my Stampin up! stamps on the wood.

I have other wood mounted stamps that I am leaving them they way they are...........To much work.

And any new stamps I get from TAC will stay unmounted.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

As a temporary method, I've decided to leave my new SU ones on the cushion that came with them, instead of mounting them on EZ mount cushion. I've got Aleens tackit over and over on my acrylic block, and I trimmed the stamps, leaving the paper on. it has stuck to my block just fine for the time being. I figure when the paper comes off I can stick it to some blue jeans or something to make the stamp a bit less tacky and sticky. or use the EZ mount. It is wome work in the beginning with the ez mount, but I've got some other stamps on the stuff and it works like a dream! I still am undecided about unmounting word stamps and other detail ones where it's difficult to figure out which way goes up. Maybe an arrow with a sharpie would work to help me out with that.
Tell me about your experiences with UM...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I did it!

Whew! I spent HOURS today unmounting all my stamps (except the SU! ones...haven't decided if I'm going to but I probably will) and painting them with TIO&O. Most of them were Michael's stamps (I was going to say $1 stamps but they are actually $1.50 in Canada!) and stampcraft brand (M's and Wal-Mart sell this brand). I've also gone unmounted with my SU terrific tags sets as they weren't wood mounted yet anyway. All 12 of my tag stamps fit in one cd case (woohoo!) I still have to decide how to organize the unmounted stamps but they were all just loose in plastic organizers anyway so they will actually be MORE organized now!

I'm so excited as I've freed up a lot of space and I think this will encourage me to use more of my stamps.

Thanks so much for all the great descriptions/instructions for the unmounting process.

Must go ice my thumbs - they're sore from pulling stamps off wood blocks all day!

Kelly Bee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #39  
Stampin' Fool

Yes, those Michaels stamps are really hard to get off, even after putting them in the micro.
I decided to put the TIO&O stuff on the block instead of the stamps- easier to deal with a couple sticky blocks, than hundreds of sticky stamps.
The extra storage is wonderful!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2006, 07:01 AM   #40  
Crimping Master

subscribing to this thread for help when I get ready to unmount some stamps.
mary h.
Reply With Quote Likes