Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #1001  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubner
And like I said before, we'll be at Recollections on Thursday night!
what are you doing there wednesday night?? just hanging out? I am sure I need some stuff there............:rolleyes:

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #1002  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
what are you doing there wednesday night?? just hanging out? I am sure I need some stuff there............:rolleyes:
We'll be there on Thurs. DH works late on Wed. We'll be in the crop room stamping until 9 pm, and if it's before 7 you'll probably find us in the bar at OTB! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #1003  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yep, Jenn said she'd make a gallery but it's not there yet. I'll catch her after she gets back from CA.

I had a fabulous time this weekend! Thank you SO MUCH for the sweet card and gift you gave Jackie and I. I think if she'll partner me again, we can try this annually with the two of us!

I could NOT get up today though. I had to drag myself out of bed at 12:30 and then tonight.....I realized I skipped my meds yesterday morning and this morning! Man, I do not function without my allergy meds! It wasn't pretty. But I took them tonight so hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #1004  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

We'll be there on Thurs. DH works late on Wed. We'll be in the crop room stamping until 9 pm, and if it's before 7 you'll probably find us in the bar at OTB! :mrgreen:

I mean Thursday! oops. What's OTB? So from when to when will you be there? I am sure I can at least stop by......

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #1005  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I mean Thursday! oops. What's OTB? So from when to when will you be there? I am sure I can at least stop by......
On the Border ;) We usually get to Recollections by 6:30-7:00 ish, and are there until they close at 9. We'll be the loud ones in the back. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #1006  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I could NOT get up today though.
ME EITHER. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. But one that brought lots of cute cards. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 08:10 PM   #1007  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

oh man how I wish I was closer, I would so be at both places! lol I will come down again soon and we can go out for dinner and stamp - how about that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #1008  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapstampindiva
oh man how I wish I was closer, I would so be at both places! lol I will come down again soon and we can go out for dinner and stamp - how about that?
is there anything fun to do in wichita falls? :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #1009  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

WOW! WOW! WOW!
what a fantabulous, super-spectacular, wonderful, supercalifragilistic day that was yesterday!!! don't know about anyone else, but my bootie (i hope the computer will let me post that word--if not, we will call it my mid-posterior body part) is so sore!! and my wrist, too for all that glueing (sp?)!!

jackie and emily, i would gladly step up to the plate to help organize something like this for next year! not that ya'll didn't lack any detail or not think of anything--not one thing would i change, just what a JOB for only two wonderful people!!

i absolutely loved meeting and playing with everyone, near and far. i just know true friendships are sprouting from it among everyone!!! we MUST make "playdates" for ourselves!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #1010  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiestampalot
is there anything fun to do in wichita falls? :cool:
ummmm we have some great restaurants (texas roadhouse is my fave lol) and well of course stamping! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #1011  
Gallery Gazer

Hi ladies,

I'm sorry that I didn't get on to post this earlier. I was so tired today that I just didn't want to move. Here is the cookie recipe that I promised I would post. Your going to be amazed at how super simple it is.

2 (8-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 cup pistachios, lightly chopped
1 (6 ounce)package craisins original
1/2 package of white almond bark chopped in chunks

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Open sugar cookie log and place in a mixing bowl. Using a spatula or spoon, mix together pistachios, craisins and white chocolate. Spoon cookie mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

The second batch was made just as the first omitting the pistachios and adding orange zest.

I told you they were super simple. I'm so glad that you all enjoyed them.

I have to tell you all. My sides ached from laughing so hard (Thanks to Tamara and her hysterical ER stories).

I had so much fun and definitely want to come to the next one. There were so many people that I didn't get to meet and would love too.

Sharon(stampscout), thank you so much for getting me involved with me and hanging in with me all day to help get me a ride. You are an angel.

Chris, thank you so much for graciously volunteering me a ride. I enjoyed chatting with you and Sandy H and can't wait to come to one of your stamp camps. You are a hoot to be with.

Sandy H, I'm so glad that you made it home safely and that you didn't have to go standby. Can't wait til the next one to see you again.

Jackie and Emily, thank you for all your hard work. Everything went so smoothly. You gals did put on a first rate show.

Kikikaren, I love all the buttons and the tin they were in. The kids and I had so much fun going through them last night. My son has already laid claim to three. (that's all I would part with, I am such a hoarder)

And to all the ladies. Your cards and door prizes were absolutely fabulous.

I hope I didn't miss anybody.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 AM   #1012  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapstampindiva
It's a date!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 04:28 AM   #1013  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Brenda, I'm so glad to have finally met you in Arlington and it was so nice of Chris to get you there. It was my first event too, and it sure won't be the last...kicking self because I didn't make it to the others!

Emily and Jackie, I too am more than happy to help with the next event--does it really have to be only once a year! lol Can't wait to make it to Emily's camp...she is so awesome.

And getting to hang with two dirty girls ... WOW! Jeanne and Jen it was just great getting to be around you two but I don't think much dirt rubbed off. lol Maybe next time lessons will take. Have to get those water colors ordered so I can practice, practice, practice.

Katy, your door prize is absolutely awesome. Can't wait for my friends to see it and try to make it. It will sit on my desk to hold some supplies. I really, really, really love it and can't wait to use some of the goodies that was in it. DS sure liked his cap and bag. I broke the cups getting out of the car when I got home so had a mess to clean up there. Didn't realize the bag was a little opened and upside down.

Susan and Linda. What a mom-daughter team you two make. I was thrilled to get to meet the two of you.

Carole and Kristy, Brenda and Rebecca, and Tamara, I had a blast playing Trivia later. We must do that again!

Could go on and on and on, but will just say WOW what a fab week-end it was.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #1014  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Guess who's going to the grocery store to get cookie ingredients today!?!?! YUMMY!!!

Thank you for sharing this OUTSTANDING recipe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 05:43 AM   #1015  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffyelliott
Ok girls I am hooked now. You won't be able to get rid of me now! You are going to be like, look here she comes....run!!!!
Tiffany, I am so glad I got to meet you. I just love your exuberant and sassy personality. I think I may have met my match---LOL. You made me laugh sooooo much this weekend. I am so glad we got you hooked!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #1016  
Gallery Gazer

You are most welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by genie1314
Guess who's going to the grocery store to get cookie ingredients today!?!?! YUMMY!!!

Thank you for sharing this OUTSTANDING recipe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #1017  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I made it home after 7 hours of flying. I made every single flight without getting bumped. It was so well worth it. It seems these swaps only get better all the time. I made a lot of new friends. . .Hi Laurie, Jeannie, Sue, Linda Bien, Brenda, Carol, sorry that I can't remember some of the names and it was so good to see Sandy Galley and Julie. I had so much fun. The cards were all fabulous.
I am so glad you made it home safely without being bumped. It was SOOOO good to get to see you again. I wish I had been able to stamp with you, but we were able to catch up during the breaks - and that was much fun! I don't think I got to give you a proper good-bye. I was in such a fog by the time it ended that I don't remember the drive to my sister's house. I finally made it home to my antibiotics. My face is so swollen that it's scary. I hope to feel better the next time we get together. I had a great time! Remember my offer. You're welcome at the "Rock House Bed & Breakfast" anytime!

Jen, your doorprize is fantastic! I have it on "display" in my breakfast booth for everyone to see. It was worth being the last one drawn!. I enjoyed getting to meet you and stamp with you. You are an awesome talent - and a sweetheart!

Debbie, Julie, Mendi, Tamy and Chris - it was so good to see you all! I can't wait until our next get-together.

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet all of you wonderful, talented stampers individually. The cards and projects were all just super! Thank you for a wonderful day!
I'm a Senior Angel. Click here to find out about this wonderful program. RIP, Leota!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 08:25 AM   #1018  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by tggrfriend

Kikikaren, I love all the buttons and the tin they were in. The kids and I had so much fun going through them last night. My son has already laid claim to three. (that's all I would part with, I am such a hoarder)
Glad you liked them! I'm a hoarder too! I could not believe how many buttons that sucker took to fill. I just kept putting more and more in and wondering if it would every get filled up! And your cookies are awesome. you really should submit that recipe to a contest.

I just have to say that I slept a TON to get over the exhaustion I felt after this event. I had a blast and am enjoying looking at all of my cards again and again. I will soon be casing the few that I actually have the same stamp set for and doing a modified case for those that I don't have the set for.

I did use the M&Ms from my awesome door prize yesterday to help me recover. At least half of the package has now firmly planted itself onto my bottom, but they were the awesomest M&Ms I've EVER eaten, so it was worth it! I'm also looking forward to using my cool ribbon and stickles! Thanks!

Thanks for planning such a wonderful event! And thanks to all of y'all for being both awesome to stamp with and creating such cool cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #1019  
Kookie Creator

Default 2nd Arlington TX SCS Stamp Day!!

Hello All ---- I don't know if you guys remembers me ... I'm the old 67 year old whose old tired bones left about 6:15!!! I went home and went to bed at 8:30 and woke up Sunday morning about 3:30 as I kept dreaming of all the card kits that I had gathered up and not made at the swap.

I had such a wonderful time with all of you!!! I hope to return to the next one ......... I'm throwing my hat into the ring to help with the next one!! I promise I will rest up to be able to get these old bones to last longer than 6:00!! Jackie and Emily -- YOU ARE MY HEROES!!!! What a daunting challenge this event must have been -- but you two came through without a glitch!!!

SEE EVERYONE ON SCS!!! and their blogs!!!
Linda :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #1020  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

OHH!!!

I have discovered a huge sack of cards ( I am thinking they were for donation) that was left at the church. Does anyone want these?

Ok, that's all I've uncovered for now.....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #1021  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssss
What a blast! The quality of the swaps and door prizes was out of this world! And the company was fantastic as well! I can't wait to do it again.
I'm taking your third comment, Chris, very personally as I stamped with you at all but two tables!! And thanks for your sweet comment re: my Elmo card (my stamping goal in life is now to get you to re-purchase Fresh Flowers and JT to love Kanji!!!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #1022  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

TOTALLY worn out after the most fun I've had in a long, long time! Every moment was delightful -- even the 6-hour-one-way ride to get there and back! It was so worth it, and I so enjoyed meeting everyone. I truly feel like I have dozens of new friends... friends who STAMP!!! Which are some of the best kind...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #1023  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruCarMa
I'm taking your third comment, Chris, very personally as I stamped with you at all but two tables!! And thanks for your sweet comment re: my Elmo card (my stamping goal in life is now to get you to re-purchase Fresh Flowers and JT to love Kanji!!!).
heehee, good luck with that Fresh Flowers one! I'll be watching for those cards! I love your work, but I have my doubts with that set!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #1024  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Okay ladies, here is the gallery where you should upload your cards, group pics, etc! Okay?!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #1025  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

CAROLE!

I was unpacking my stuff and what do I find......your paper piercer!! I think I stole it, lol! So uh....I'll get that in the mail to you! I am so sorry!

Also - I have a bone folder - provo craft. ANyone claiming that?? I did not steal that one, it was just left at the church.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #1026  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

OHH!!!

I have discovered a huge sack of cards ( I am thinking they were for donation) that was left at the church. Does anyone want these?

Ok, that's all I've uncovered for now.....
Em, what kind of sack was it? I had brought a bunch of card fronts in a shopping bag for the women's shelter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #1027  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassybee
Em, what kind of sack was it? I had brought a bunch of card fronts in a shopping bag for the women's shelter.
It's a large sack with University Co-Op on the side?

I think it just got left by the people that were taking the donations. So if anyone at all (esp. people who live near here!) wants to take them somewhere, let me know!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #1028  
Glitter Queen

If no one else claims the cards, I'd be happy to take those for the shelter as well. Not sure how you want to get them to me tho Emily. I can always pay you back for postage or something. Just let me know.

Again, thanks SO MUCH to all those that donated the cards for the shelter! I looked through them and they are really nice cards and good for all occasions! I'm going to seperate them out into holidays and stuff too. The women at the shelter will be so surprised!!

Had a blast and I think I've finally recovered!! I was so tired and sore the next day!
Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #1029  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

It's a large sack with University Co-Op on the side?

I think it just got left by the people that were taking the donations. So if anyone at all (esp. people who live near here!) wants to take them somewhere, let me know!
yep, that was my bag! it was for donations for the shelter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #1030  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

okay, where exactly are you at Melissa?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 02:41 PM   #1031  
Glitter Queen

I'm in North Richland Hills. Didn't know if it would be easier for you to mail them or for us to meet somewhere? I know how busy life is with 3 kids. . .I have 3 boys too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #1032  
Crimping Master

Hi ladies! I had a GREAT time this weekend. Thanks for that big huge Texan hospitality. I'm pretty sure TruCarMa and I haven't giggled so much since a 3rd grade slumber party

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
-Emerson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #1033  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampscout
Sorry you all missed a great dinner! It was a lot of fun to see who you could look at and know who they were by their avatar!

See you ladies in the morning...
LOL! I had a great time with you this weekend. Hope to stamp with you again soon!

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
-Emerson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #1034  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileytexan
I'm in North Richland Hills. Didn't know if it would be easier for you to mail them or for us to meet somewhere? I know how busy life is with 3 kids. . .I have 3 boys too!
If Em wants to give them to me I can bring them to work on Saturday. That way you'd just have to drop by North Hills Hospital to pick them up. Less driving
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #1035  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmallett78
Hi ladies! I had a GREAT time this weekend. Thanks for that big huge Texan hospitality. I'm pretty sure TruCarMa and I haven't giggled so much since a 3rd grade slumber party
Hey Kristi - I had an awesome time too - it was great meeting you! I know what you mean, I laughed the entire time I was there
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 05:45 AM   #1036  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfamilygal
If Em wants to give them to me I can bring them to work on Saturday. That way you'd just have to drop by North Hills Hospital to pick them up. Less driving
oh yes, this would be great! I'll bring them to preschool this morning!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #1037  
Kookie Creator

Default Arlington Swap

I really hope everyone uploads their card. It would be very helpful for those of us who had to just pick up a kit without a picture of the card!!! We had a great time!!! ;)
Linda Bien

Quote:

Okay ladies, here is the gallery where you should upload your cards, group pics, etc! Okay?!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 07:36 AM   #1038  
Inking Addict

Default hi ladies

Ok I am just now getting around to loging back in. I am still tired from this weeknd. How amazing was it!!! I am in AWE of all of you girls. Everything was so wonderful. This was my first scs event and I can't imagine it ever getting any better than it was on Saturday. Thank you to Emily and Jackie. You both out did yourself. To all my girls Mary Ann, "Stubner" and Peyton you girls were the best and I look forward to seeing you girls again soon. I learned so much from all of you. Thanks again for helping me and laughing with me...not at me (I think).
Tiffy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #1039  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffyelliott
Thanks again for helping me and laughing with me...not at me (I think).
Tiffy
Definately with you. I usually don't laugh at someone, unless they fall flat on their face after being rude, then I laugh like there is no tomorrow. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #1040  
Die Cut Diva

Emily and Jackie .... Thank you so very much. Although I had to leave very early I had a great time. You all did a fantastic job organizing and pulling it together.
I hope there is another event in the future so that I can stay and be dog tired like everyone else.

To all the lovely ladies there, your cards were fantastic. I looked through the bags during the flight and can't wait to put them together.
Christy - Thank you so very much for taking care of my stuff. I'll send you a PM so we can meet up.
Reply With Quote Likes