Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-18-2007, 04:26 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ---.com; ugh!

Finally, I found round and scalloped oval punches online, so I ordered them, paid via PayPal and was overjoyed! I ordered them via (moderator edited).com....a few days have passed, the money has been taken out of my account and I haven't received any shipment info, so I emailed them and got this response:
Thanks for shopping "XXX.com" Just a note that we are waiting on a delayed shipment of these punches. The manufacturer ran out some time ago and they are waiting for their incoming shipment. We ran out shortly before receiving your order due to the articles about these punches. Note that we have a shipment coming in from our other warehouse so hopefully a partial shipment will be going out to you in a day or so. Your items will ship upon arrival. On your Credit Card Statement our Company Name will Read (moderator edited).
I was outraged that they'd charge me before even having these punches in their warehouse! Am I out of line?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 04:38 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I've never had a company charge me until they shipped my product. I think I would contact them.

My Gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=52833
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 04:56 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincimom
I've never had a company charge me until they shipped my product. I think I would contact them.
Me either......me too!

SAHM and SU! Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 05:07 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I replied to email I quoted in my original post, saying I was outraged and would definitely be warning fellow stampers about their business practices. I'm not usually one to get so upset and/or nasty, but this one just pushed me over the edge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 05:10 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I reading it wrong? It just says the name that will appear on your card statement, not that they have already charged it. I've seen places that had two different business names like that, and they are usually at pains to make sure all customers clearly understand what will be on their statement so no one gets confused when the statement arrives.

I'd clarify with them before getting upset. If they did already charge for stuff not even in their warehouse, then you have every right to speak sternly to them. But if they are just trying to make sure you understand what WIILL happen, then there's not really a problem.

Please let us know what happens so we can avoid them if they truly are not being good merchants!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 05:14 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

No, they've taken the money from my account; the same day that I placed the order actually. I'm not sure why they added the info about the name on the bill? Anyway, they definitely took the money from my account and have not shipped the products. Thanks for listening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 06:18 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Report them to the credit card company. They are not allowed to charge your card until they have shipped the item. They do it because people don't report them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 07:48 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Amy, I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered from this company 1/05 and they charged my credit card immediately. I sent them 3 e-mails with no response and tried calling 4 times-only to get a recorded message "memory full." Finally, I e-mailed one last time threatening to relate my horrible experience with this website unless I get a response. I received a "form reply" that was identical to yours in your first post. I did call my credit card company to get advise. They told me I could dispute the charges now or I could wait a little while longer to see if I actually get the punch. I have 6-8 weeks after a charge is posted to my statement to file a dispute. I also checked the BBB and found they had 2 unfavorable reports from 2003 that are still unresolved. I'm not sure what to do. I know I've read from others on here that they have received their merchandise from this company and are satisfied. I too think it's a crock that they charge you immediately when they know that don't have the product AND they don't give a specific date for shipping. I'll never do business with them again.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
- Katharine Hepburn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:02 AM   #9  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

I don't want to alarm you, but I've started checking the Better Business Bureau before ordering anything these days... You should read about them here.

The BBB thinks they're out of business.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Wow. I'm so sorry this has happened to you both, Amy and Lisa! {{{{hugs}}}}

It's so sad that Cat's advice about checking the BBB is so good. You like to think that businesses are really IN BUSINESS and want to keep customers for the long haul rather than jerking them around and treating them so unfairly.

Thanks for the warning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

I went to check their web site out and I think tis funny the first thing you see is:
(moderator edited).com
It's Hip to Buy from the Square
The IN STOCK SHOP

They shouldn't say the in stock shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

I ordered ALL the giga-mega-circle-scallop punches from them back in Sept-Oct, and it took a loooong time to egt them, and some were B/O'd, and I finally got my last punch in Dec. I did get a call thru back in Nov.,and talked to a SUPER-seet lady, who said they were waiting on the manufacturer. She even took my order for th eOvals, and those came before th eB/O ones. I was worried for a while about them too, since it took forever.
I hope you get it resolved.

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the info....I am always leary about purchasing online. Companies need to know that stampers and scrapbookers talk and share what works and what doesn't work. Esp here....hence the reason Costco is out of Big Shots. Besides....if they would have made contact with you first explaining the back order you probably wouldn't have been so bothered. Why should you have to do all the leg work for their poor customer service? They should have been making an effort to find you and make you happy. Oh well...their loss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 08:06 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thank you all for your replies and especially for looking into this yucky company! I sent another email today, but I will also be contacting my cc co.. The only thing is that I paid via PayPal, so I'm wondering if that will help or hinder???

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2007, 06:20 AM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default UPDATE....

Well, after my not so nice email to (moderator edited).com, I finally received a return email that wasn't so nice either. They did refund my money, or returned it to my paypal account. The email stated that they didn't take my money, but I would say they did if they had to return it to my paypal account. Also, it states that they updated me on the order status, but that was only after I sent them an email about it. Here's the email I received:
"HELLO AMY. WE DIDN'T TAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT - YOU PAID WITH PAYPAL. AS PER OUR EMAIL SENT TO YOU BEFORE YOU SENT THIS ONE:
>

I AM TAKING YOU OFF THE LIST AND CREDITING YOU NOW. THIS WAS AN OFFENSIVE EMAIL CONSIDERING THE INFO WE SENT. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS TELL US TO CANCEL THE ORDER. IT WAS YOUR PREFERENCE OF PAYMENT AND WE UPDATED YOU ON THE ORDER. PS WE GET 300 EMAILS A DAY SO IT DOES TAKE A FEW DAYS FOR A REPLY AS WE GIVE QUOTES, STANDARD INFO AND ORDER INFO OVER THE INTERNET - NOTE THAT THIS HAS ALSO BEEN TAX/INVENTORY TIME FOR ALL COMPANIES, NOT JUST OURS . REGARDS, KELLY"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2007, 06:36 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

man someone at that companey sounds like their pmsing lol. that e mail sure isn't the right way to handle costumer relations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 AM   #17  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Ugh~ Amy, thanks for sharing. I am sorry you had to go through this. That is soooo very frustrating.
I barely order online, mostly because I am toooo cheap to pay for shipping!!!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Amy, I got an e-mail from Kelly also. Only mine was very nice and said they were receiving the punches the first week of February and mine would be sent out then. Buying from this company has been extremely frustrating and there is definately a lack of professionalism and customer service. I am still waiting to see what happens. My credit card payment isn't due until next week and then I still have an additional month to dispute the claim. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will have my merchandise. I did however order the same punch from frantic stamper just to make sure I get it one way or another. Sorry you had to put up with all the frustrations. I know I will never order from this company again!

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
- Katharine Hepburn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 AM   #19  
immzw4

It sounds to me like they changed the name they do business under in order to slip under the BBB radar. If the BBB thinks they're out of business, yet here they are obviously doing business but billing under a different name, certainly there is something not quite legal about that. I mean, in addition to not delivering merchandise after taking payment for it.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I shop online a lot, but tend to do business with just a few businesses that way. Safer, definitely. I'm sorry you had such a poor experience.

Michelle

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2007, 08:00 AM   #20  
GMC
Kookie Creator

I am having the same issues with this friggin company. I have sent numerous emails and left several messages for them (when the machine allows you to leave a message) telling them of my dissatisfaction with them and advising them that I hang out on SCS and 90,000+ crafting enthusiasts love to know the 411 on where, what and who to buy crafting supplies from and who NOT to buy from. I finally received an email response the other day stating that the SOME of the punches are expected Feb. 10th with shipments going out as soon as possible and the remainder of the shipments due after but no specific date identified. I responded in my email that my issue is that when I placed my order on 1/3/07, I was led to believe that the three punches I ordered were instock and ready to ship. It was almost three weeks later that I received one punch and an invoice showing the other two were backordered. The company has offered to refund my money for the other two punches...I just want to make sure I am not charged shipping on that punch I received...because when I originally placed the order, I spent the $48 to receive free shipping as advertised. I did have an opportunity to purchase the scallop punches in the meantime since my original order and did not because of the internet order I placed and the company response saying my order was being shipped. I did not want duplicate orders (even though I know I could have found hundreds of people willing to take a duplicate punch off my hands), I just did not want to be bothered with that.

So yes, unfortunately there are others of us in the same boat with this place. I am hoping that all of this resolves quickly and to everyone's satisfaction. All in all, if I do not hear back from them in the next day or two regarding my last email, I will just cancel my remaining order and take every opportunity to tell all the SCS'ers to never purchase anything from them ever again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2007, 08:14 AM   #21  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa
Amy, I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered from this company 1/05 and they charged my credit card immediately. I sent them 3 e-mails with no response and tried calling 4 times-only to get a recorded message "memory full." Finally, I e-mailed one last time threatening to relate my horrible experience with this website unless I get a response. I received a "form reply" that was identical to yours in your first post. I did call my credit card company to get advise. They told me I could dispute the charges now or I could wait a little while longer to see if I actually get the punch. I have 6-8 weeks after a charge is posted to my statement to file a dispute. I also checked the BBB and found they had 2 unfavorable reports from 2003 that are still unresolved. I'm not sure what to do. I know I've read from others on here that they have received their merchandise from this company and are satisfied. I too think it's a crock that they charge you immediately when they know that don't have the product AND they don't give a specific date for shipping. I'll never do business with them again.
Call your state Attorney General and report this - they will no doubt need copies of all the info you've sent and received. Do NOT stop until you get satisfaction on this...JMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale
When you pay anyone with paypal, whether to a store or individual, they automatically get paid right away. That is paypal's doing, not the stores. The store can't wait until they ship to get the money from paypal-paypal deposits it into their account immediately. However, paypal might have a rule of some kind that a store has to ship within x days. I know they do for ebay sellers.
You are absolutely correct. Paypal does this automatically.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Eek! I almost ordered from these guys today because they were the only ones online who appear (I guess appear being the operative word) to have the giga punches right now. So glad I read this thread...

Hope you guys' cards are credited and/or you get your sa-weet punches soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Default Ugggggg is all I can say about this company!!!

I also am dealing with this company too and I am disputing with my CC company, Paypal and them. I have asked them to cancel my order immediately and they still have not credited my account. I also ordered a lot of punches. It wasn't until I wrote them 3 times in one day and told them to cancel and my husband faxed them, did they finally respond. They were very nasty. This is what she wrote "FYI Shela. We're getting Hundreds of orders for these items. We're a warehouse and job shop and we get appr. 400 emails a day with the scalloped punches. It does take a few days to answer. Also, you sent us 3 emails I saw yesterday, all in 1 day. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. They told me they credited my account....but they have not. BUYERS BEWARE. I did order from Frantic Stamper and I was pleasantly surprised by how fast and incredibly nice this company is. Only 4 punches were backordered...but she's doing everything in her power to get them ASAP.

Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #25  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered from them on 2-2 and they charged my Visa on 2-3...so they have the money for the order. I sent them an e-mail wanting my visa credited until such time that they ship the products ordered. This is the 1st and last time I will ever do business with them again.
I hope they answer my e-mail on Monday. There is no reason why they couldn't of sent emails out to those of us that ordered punches that were out of stock and advised us when they would be getting them and when they would be shipping. But to take our money BEFORE shipment is flat stealing.
They might of needed the money before they got the order to pay for it from their end..but that is what banks are for...borrow it to keep customers happy.
One unhappy costomer=no business. The word spread faster than fire.

I'm NEVER going to order from them again.

Sorry for my rant......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #26  
Glitter Guru

The more I think about this situation with (moderator edited)
the more it really ticks me off.

I also did a little research, thanks to Cat to bring it to our attention of the BBB. I went to the site and did a report on (moderator edited) ...very interesting information....http://www.chicago.bbb.org/commonrep...916&language=1

According to this report...The company has resolved complaint issues of delivery issues...

I can only hope an pray we get our punches. But their business practices are very unprofessional.

I just want my punches!! LOL

I need to go to bed!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #27  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale
When you pay anyone with paypal, whether to a store or individual, they automatically get paid right away. That is paypal's doing, not the stores. The store can't wait until they ship to get the money from paypal-paypal deposits it into their account immediately. However, paypal might have a rule of some kind that a store has to ship within x days. I know they do for ebay sellers.
Gale, is right, paypal is instant, however, with a business paypal account, paypal places a hold of a good portion of that money for quite some time for disputes and refunds. As a merchant who has a paypal option for customers, I will tell you that paypal should be able to refund your money. Their paypal account is a holding tank. They can sweep some of it over to their own bank account but not all of it. Not with a business paypal account.

I sure hope you guys get this all worked out. Nothing is worse than bad customer service. It gives online stores a bad name and really, most online stores will bend over backwards to help you and get your order to you as fast as possible.
I wish you much luck. Keep us posted. We really want to hear about your happy endings- all of you!
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
Gale, is right, paypal is instant, however, with a business paypal account, paypal places a hold of a good portion of that money for quite some time for disputes and refunds. As a merchant who has a paypal option for customers, I will tell you that paypal should be able to refund your money. Their paypal account is a holding tank. They can sweep some of it over to their own bank account but not all of it. Not with a business paypal account.

I sure hope you guys get this all worked out. Nothing is worse than bad customer service. It gives online stores a bad name and really, most online stores will bend over backwards to help you and get your order to you as fast as possible.
I wish you much luck. Keep us posted. We really want to hear about your happy endings- all of you!
Gina K.
Oh, one more note about those punches. There really is nothing any store can do to get them faster. I just talked to my rep at Uchida and she told me that the next batch was due in in March. They had over 1600 backordered and only received about 600. Those went to the first people on the list who were backordered and the rest of the backordered retailers and distributers are back on the backorder list. It is frustrating to say the least but hopefully, the people at the Uchida plant overseas are working hard to get them done and we will all have them soon. I actually need a scalloped oval too. I sold mine to a friend 'cause I thought they would be in in January! Not high enough on the list, I guess! Sigh..... LOL!
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Default Waiting

here too!! I only ordered 1 punch, and haven't gotten any responses just like everyone else here!!
BBB & States Attorney, here I come!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2007, 06:39 AM   #30  
Glitter Guru

This morning I called my credit card company and they are putting the wheels in motion to dispute the amt that was charged to me. They said they will contact the company and they will have 45 days to either ship the product or the charge will be refunded to me. No interest will acure on the amount. Like I told the very nice lady that I chatted with it's not so much the amount of $71.96 I'm concerned about, it's getting the product. I also informed/read her the BBB reports on (moderator edited). Of which neither is really all that great esp. the disputes that have been reported of delivery and refund issues. They haven't even responded to the BBB.
I will give this until the 21st when I return from CA, and if nothing, I'll contact the Attorney General and make a report to BBB. It's not the money so much as it is the principle of the fact, they have my monies and the product, I have nothing but a bill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 AM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

I also ordered from this company and haven't gotten my order. I contacted them and they took about a week to respond, so I am still waiting on my punch or will ask for a refund.

Has anybody ever received any merchandise from this company? Is it worth waiting for the punch, or should I go ahead and pursue a refund?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 04:17 AM   #32  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I reported this company to the BBB last night online at the BBB website. I am angry that I get no response from them and I am angry at myself for not seeing this thread before ordering!

I have had great experiences with ordering online and this is the first bad one. It wouldn't be so bad if they would at least respond to email and you can't call them because all you get is a recorded message. My fax came back undeliverable.

Let's get the word out to our fellow SCS sister to keep this company off their list of online companies. I'm on a campaign to do this.:mad:

I hope to get a response or my order from them, but right now what I would really like is my money back.

Judi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Same situation. Order first of Jan. Sent out three emails asking when to expect shipment. Heard NOTHING from OneStop. FINALLY received all but one punch (I ordered five) last Friday. Emailed asking when to expect the final punch. Nothing in response. My credit card was charge and I had already paid my bill before receiving any of the punches.

The only reason I ordered from this store was because their home page stated they are the *In Stock* Shop.

Very disheartening to say the least.

Now I want to purchase a Cuttlebug from somewhere but don't know where. None of the craft/hobby/scrapbook stores carry it in this area. I have found the Big Shot and the Revolution. Any insight on these products and which is better would be greatly appreciated. I feel so anxious about purchasing online thanks to OneStop.
Drop by and say "hi!"
"More than anything else, love one another deeply
because love outweighs everything."
1 Peter 4:8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #34  
Compulsive Stamper

Oh wow - I have them saved to my fav's as I wanted to order the same punches, I wondered how they had them when the marvy uchida site is out of stock til the end of March, something told me not to order from there quite yet - thanks for the info and saving me, sorry about your predicament :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #35  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
I don't want to alarm you, but I've started checking the Better Business Bureau before ordering anything these days... You should read about them here.

The BBB thinks they're out of business.
Thanks for the reminder that we can always check BBB. It works for other areas (gasp) of our lives too.
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 05:00 PM   #36  
Mad Swapper

Now I want to purchase a Cuttlebug from somewhere but don't know where. None of the craft/hobby/scrapbook stores carry it in this area. I have found the Big Shot and the Revolution. Any insight on these products and which is better would be greatly appreciated. I feel so anxious about purchasing online thanks to OneStop.[/QUOTE]

I own the Big shot and love it!! I can use cuttlebug dies and embossing folders. I can use all my Sizzix dies and Simple Impression embossing folders. It is a great product. Do a search for Big Shot and you'll find threads with lots of info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Did I read this correctly? You already have the Big Shot? Then why on earth would you want the cuttlebug? Not unless you are selling the Big Shot. You can surely buy all the cuttlebug dies and embossing stuff and use them with your Big shot. Let me just add that I recently bought the scallop circle/squares by cuttlebug and used it with my Big shot and it cut thru Chipboard with ease. I was amazed!!! Check out my gallery that mailbox on the flag is living proof!! HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

I just ordered a Marvy Uchida giga circle punch from Golden Creations, and did a BBB search on them first. I didn't see anything listed for them, so I'm hoping I get my punch! There was nothing to indicate that they were out of stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Amy for alerting us about this vendor. It's the first on my "DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS VENDOR" list that I've started. Glad you got your credit reversed.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #40  
Glitter Guru

I still haven't heard anything from (moderator edited) ...so I've just filled out a complaint on line with the BBB. I tired calling AGAIN and got no answer. Why wasn't that a surprise. Makes me wonder if they are even in business now. At least I've contacted my cc and they have a hold on the amount that was charged to my acct. They will credit back to me in 45 days. BUT I'm still looking for the punches.
Reply With Quote Likes