Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #2001
Gabfest Goddess

I'm playing next round, please!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #2002
Gabfest Goddess

The discussion about kids, their age differences and school starts is very interesting to me. Claire and Baby will be 26 months apart. I think this is pretty good. I didn't really want them less than 2 years apart. I was thinking that they'd be a little more apart, but I guess things went "faster" this time than it did when we were trying to have Claire!! I'm okay with that.

As for school, the cut-off here has been March 1st in the past, which means Claire would squeak in by 6 days. However, it seems like they're transitioning to December 31st, so she'll have to wait an extra year.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #2003
Gabfest Goddess

Vickie, I was debating doing 100 in 100 again, but I think I'm going to hold off this time. I'd like to find a sketch or color challenge that has their challenges archived and work my way through them. I just can't decide which one to do. I think I need new color inspiration. Am thinking of the Color Q or Color Throwdown ones. Does anyone else have a favorite color challenge?

Everybody is busy with Design Teams now! Angela, Bugaboo is so perfect for you! Use It Tuesday has wound up, but a couple weeks after that decision was made, I was asked to be on the Riley & Company DT. I couldn't turn it down, I love the company so much. So...looking VERY forward to that this year!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #2004
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Heather, congrats on the Riley & Company DT! I LOVE Riley and have lots of Riley and Sophie stamps from previous owner's store. Will have to check out the current Riley store and challenges.

I will say, I am behind in creating for everything! It takes me forever to create something; today, I've created one card that will go live on Sunday, but I still have a few cards for swaps I signed up for. I need to stop doing that. but it has become addictive!

Need to warm up the chili I made yesterday so we can have a quick supper; I hope to create at least one more card before bedtime! I have a foot doctor appointment tomorrow so that day will be lost with no crafting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 2014!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #2005
Glitter Guru

Congrats to all for the new DT positions.

I'm in for next round.

DT: Sketch Saturday, Bugaboo - My Blog /Gallery
Old 01-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #2006
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Looks like 2014 is bringing alot of creativity out in everyone with their new Design Team work.

I know what you mean Angela & Patti about Healthcare. Boy are we having alot of flu cases at our hospital. We have had a couple young people come in really sick. I think I have convinced my DH to get the flu shot next year after getting the flu. Really sick. I have seen alot of changes in healthcare and I am glad to be at the other end of my career. Hopefully 2014 will bring retirement for me at some point. Just want to make sure I have enough money for my hobby. HA!

I would love to stay in this swap. How could we say goodbye to any of these wonderful people.

Design Team for Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #2007
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Oh and I forgot to mention that I just finished a book I could not put down. It was called Sunset Rising by S.M. McEachern. Her first book of a series. I cannot wait until her second book comes out to continue this story.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #2008
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela...I am IN the next round please!

Snow starting tonight--I am all screwed up with my days this week--I feel like it should be Friday already and it's only Wednesday!

Congrats Angela on the DT--wow you design for a bunch of places--I just noticed this in your tag line! WOW! I need to sign up on everyone's blogs--I thought I have done this at least 2 times before--but the only blog I get regularly (everyday) is Kathy's!!! Why is this? Am I missing something when I sign up to follow ?

Kala's Birthday was nice--I am not that crazy about Vegetarian Lasagna--but it was good and hearty...K picked out all her own presents at VS & Pink--mostly overpriced sweat clothes!!! Pretty but seriously...$48 bucks for a pair of cotton sweats??? NOT for me!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 01-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #2009
Stazon Splitcoast

Count me in for the next round!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #2010
Watercolor Wizard

Congrats Angela! I read the Bugaboo post. I like their images to and you do a beautiful job with their images.

Susanne, I use the Blogger list that shows all the blogs that you are following. I go to it each day and scroll through it and comment on the blogs I have time for. Sometimes I miss a few.

I'm playing next round. I wouldn't know what to do without you friends. I have been wondering where Queenie Jo is. I haven't seen her on here for awhile or maybe I missed her.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-02-2014, 01:19 AM   #2011
Forum Fanatic

Angela- Congrats on your Bugaboo DT position. Youve played a lots of challenges with them and your cards are always so pretty. You deserve it .

Vickie- 100 cards in 100 days. Wow, thats a lot. I would not make it.

Heather- You too, congrats for your Riley DT position. I have not seen they had a DT call ?! Since you loved this little moos - its perfect The "Color Q" challenges are made from Arielle. She was a friend of my SIL in the US. They lived in the same town. Ive met her IRL and she is such a nice person. But im not very good in color challenges but sometimes i join.

Susanne- Same like Linda. If you follow a blog , you can see all of them in your blogger list. Great that Kala had a great b-day.

Just came home from shopping I got a gift voucher from my friend, some money from my grandmother and a 10% off coupon. Ive bought my parfum: "La Vie et belle" from Lancome. Such a great fragrance - love it. With all the coupons ive bought a larger filling.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:08 AM   #2012
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, friends!

Imke, I will have to check out that scent since Ivy and I love perfume. We will sometimes "share" but I will usually find the bottle in her room. We found a new one called Prada Candy, but have not bought any yet...it smells so good!

Congrats to all on the new DT posts; Heather, I know you like your Rileys!

All of you readers inspired me to go to the Kindle store...I downloaded a bunch of books to my ipad. They have many of free books too.

Thank you for the nice comments on the Bugaboo blog; I think it is a good fit for me!

Ivy is getting an echocardiogram this morning; then will see the Pediatric Cardiologist a week from today. We are praying she will not need cardiac intervention before surgery in February. Something strange happened on Monday when she was following her Orthopedist in the clinic.... I was talking to one of his partners on the phone and asked if he saw Ivy there; he asked me if she had scoliosis. I couldn't believe it! He saw her in passing...she was dressed in denim trousers, a floaty camisole, and a cardigan...how on earth did he note that? I asked him how he knew and he said, "That's my job." No, it was her G.P.'s job when she gets her yearly physical! Ack! I tell you, it made me mad all over again that they dropped the ball...not to mention the serious issues with her heart that were overlooked! Moving on...get over being mad (it doesn't help) and do what needs to be done...that's what we are doing. Still, all those feelings came back when he mentioned the scoliosis.

Side note: She had fun at the office, although she fainted. Her doctor told me a funny story the next day about that incident.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Old 01-02-2014, 04:50 AM   #2013
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Good morning, friends!

Imke, I will have to check out that scent since Ivy and I love perfume. We will sometimes "share" but I will usually find the bottle in her room. We found a new one called Prada Candy, but have not bought any yet...it smells so good!

Congrats to all on the new DT posts; Heather, I know you like your Rileys!

All of you readers inspired me to go to the Kindle store...I downloaded a bunch of books to my ipad. They have many of free books too.

Thank you for the nice comments on the Bugaboo blog; I think it is a good fit for me!

Ivy is getting an echocardiogram this morning; then will see the Pediatric Cardiologist a week from today. We are praying she will not need cardiac intervention before surgery in February. Something strange happened on Monday when she was following her Orthopedist in the clinic.... I was talking to one of his partners on the phone and asked if he saw Ivy there; he asked me if she had scoliosis. I couldn't believe it! He saw her in passing...she was dressed in denim trousers, a floaty camisole, and a cardigan...how on earth did he note that? I asked him how he knew and he said, "That's my job." No, it was her G.P.'s job when she gets her yearly physical! Ack! I tell you, it made me mad all over again that they dropped the ball...not to mention the serious issues with her heart that were overlooked! Moving on...get over being mad (it doesn't help) and do what needs to be done...that's what we are doing. Still, all those feelings came back when he mentioned the scoliosis.

Side note: She had fun at the office, although she fainted. Her doctor told me a funny story the next day about that incident.
I will keep Ivy in my prayers--keep us posted on all the details so we can bombard her with some "happy mail"

Old 01-02-2014, 04:51 AM   #2014
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Congrats Angela! I read the Bugaboo post. I like their images to and you do a beautiful job with their images.

Susanne, I use the Blogger list that shows all the blogs that you are following. I go to it each day and scroll through it and comment on the blogs I have time for. Sometimes I miss a few.

I'm playing next round. I wouldn't know what to do without you friends. I have been wondering where Queenie Jo is. I haven't seen her on here for awhile or maybe I missed her.
Hmmm I do see a list when I watch Youtube vids..I'll have to look into the 'blogger list'....thanks Linda!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:52 AM   #2015
Stazon Splitcoast

It's Snowing here! Nor'easter they say--snowing straight through until tomorrow afternoon! Finally that dull headache is gone!!! (Since my sinus' are hooked up to the barometric pressure system!!!) ha-ha

I better get a move on--need to think dinner and run to the store!
Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 AM   #2016
Stazon Splitcoast

Snow here, too, and icy roads. Not the weather I'd choose to visit a college with DD! It's a 2.5 hour drive, but thankfully south. Wish us luck!

Poor Ivy with the fainting! Tell her I almost fainted the first time I went to a vet's office to observe; I arrived on a day when they were doing a massive debriding on a dog's back. Just figured I got the worst out of the way in the beginning!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:00 AM   #2017
Watercolor Wizard

Stay safe on the bad roads Jessica and good luck at the college.

Angela, yes keep us informed on Ivy and her health. We do want to send her bunches of cards when she has her surgery to help with her recovery.

We got about an inch of snow last night and it is sunny out today so it is melting and will all be gone in another hour or so. It was nothing like Susanne is getting.

Have a good day everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
JadeOnline likes this post.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #2018
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Susanne, better get to the store everything will be gone, lol. People were stocking up here, and it was funny on the news this morning Al Roker was saying people don't need that much bread and milk, things should be up and back to normal by the weekend.

Jessica be careful on the icy roads. Which school are you visiting? That is so exciting for your DD.

Angela, hope everything goes well with the cardiologist. Was the heart issue missed for a long time? I agree, it makes you mad! Did she faint last time she shadowed at the office, too? I know in nursing school some of the smells used to make me woozy. Really hoping the echo goes well and no intervention will be needed. And of course, like everyone said, keep us posted, we can send some cheery mail her way.

Imke, new perfume sound lovely and a big bottle is great!

Heather, way to go on the Riley DT, I know you love them, it's a perfect match!

Still keeping Lena and Tina in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping she is peaceful and comfortable.

They are calling for 6-12 inches here, so we will wait and see. The kids are hopeful, but they've only been back one day from break, lol!

Going to try to get some cards made today. Hope everyone is staying warm and safe.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #2019
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm in for the next round! Wanted to post that separate instead of in the middle of my big wordy post!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #2020
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
I'm in for the next round! Wanted to post that separate instead of in the middle of my big wordy post!
Love the big wordy posts--you are always so thoughtful and remember a lil' this and that for everyone---I blab on an on! haha

We really needed bread/milk--I just buy dinner stuff and some munchies since the boys gobble all the food here!!! Salsa chips, crackers (so they can make PBJ on Ritz) They are eating machines--each just got up as K snd I were walking in the door--2 bowls of cereal each and Shane makes a snide remark like>..What no Frosted Flakes in da bag ma?...OY!

Then, Patrick leaves to go back to school this Monday morning--he's got a list of stuff he wants me to ship back to him (so it doesn't fill his suitcase)...and makes sense--but he wants a mini coffee maker with those Kuerig dispensers--I told him...You'll get what you get--I have a $20 coffee maker from Walmart--does the job! haha...If they make a $20 one with the Keurig cups...well...then he'll get one! (not sure how Kuerig is spelled)...but you know what I am yakkin' about!

Snowing---4+ inches so far--18" by tomorrow--winds and Hercules nor easter on it's way! The guy on the weather channel just said..."see those white lines in the map--that's WIND--if its' showing up here--You will feel it!"

Old 01-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #2021
Stazon Splitcoast

I shouldn't complain about the below zero temps here...it is much worse other places. All of you who are due for snow...stay safe and warm.

Jessica, hope the trip goes well...can't wait to hear about it. Your vet story got a smile from Ivy. I hate to think what happened to that poor dog that needed debriding....

Speaking of animals, did I tell you ladies that my brother bought 3 miniature donkeys? He has been talking about them for a couple of years...he is fascinated with them...great conversation starter he thinks. We laugh at him because he says when he goes outside they start "donking" around...he means braying! LOL I guess they like him. Anyway, I guess Judy and Jane are both expecting; that should be interesting...baby mini donkeys, they must be really small.

Susanne, there is just something about V.S. that the young ladies seem to love...Ivy likes to shop there too and even bought my sister's Christmas gift there.

Well, I am left with a bad vibe from Ivy's appt. this morning. The line of questioning and evasiveness from the tech makes me nervous. I know evasiveness when I hear it...I have to give those answers too. I hate to wait a week to see the Cardiologist.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #2022
Gabfest Goddess

As promised, here is my picture of Pat's wonderful kit. I love the paper, felt embellishments, ribbons and "spare parts". I haven't broken open the stamp bag yet, but did notice there is a tree that will match perfectly and is very similar to a stamp from SU's "Trendy Trees", which I have lusted over for awhile. Hiding behind the stamps are a couple of shape embossing folders that I can't wait to try.

I haven't broken into the chocolate bar yet, but sooooon!!

And, I'm also posting a picture of Claire's art. We were creating together the other day, because she found one of my DT projects and thought it must be hers. Rather than have her destroy it, I let her make one of her own!
Attached Thumbnails
img_3661.jpg   img_3643.jpg  
Queenbee Jo and Susanne527 like this post.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #2023
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Great kit from Pat, Heather. Claire is a natural!

I started out for my doctor's appointment today, but got about 12 miles (of the 35 mile one way drive) and turned around and came home...roads are too snow covered and slick, and blowing snow, and I was stressing way too much! Sheesh! I barely made it out of our driveway so that should have been a clue to stay home! I rescheduled it for next Thursday!

Hope everyone is safe and warm!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #2024
Stazon Splitcoast

I am eventually going to post this on my blog-with directions for this box (which was made with my WRMK Envelope Punch (yes, the envy punch made this box!) This set w/ gel pen is a gift for my sister Shrills--and she's been looking at my blog lately..so...shhhhh...Wanted to share this project with you

Also, will share my box directions in the next post-so easy to make with the envy board!
Attached Thumbnails
shrills-notecards-001.jpg   shrills-notecards-002.jpg   shrills-notecards-003.jpg   shrills-notecards-004.jpg   shrills-notecards-005.jpg  

shrills-notecards-006.jpg   shrills-notecards-008.jpg  

Old 01-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #2025
Stazon Splitcoast

FYI...guess I should explain--the set of cards are white and the envies are the paisley dp...the white on Paisley alone is the address side of the envy!

Old 01-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #2026
Stazon Splitcoast

Box Directions: Size 5.5 x 5.25
Created with;
WRMK or Stampin’ Up Envelope Board

*-Box style is open—in this photo
*-Box style does have a flap to close with these
measurements and directions

1- Cut cardstock size: 10 x 10
2- Punch & Score @ 4”
3- Punch & Score @ 5.5”
4- Use a regular ruler to measure the additional ” for the 5.5”
5- Turn Cardstock 180 degrees- Repeat 4” & 5.5” punch & score
6- On the remaining two sides of the card stock- use ONLY the
score lines –lined up to the pointer tab on the board to punch/score
7- Fold all score lines-you will notice the size of your box with flaps taking shape.
8- Round all 4 corners.
9- At the top of your box (right/left) cut off only the small corner scored tabs on the little score lines on both sides.
10- At the bottom of your box (right/left) cut 1 side slit of the small corner tab to use to make the box solid to hold things in.
11- Manipulate cardstock score lines to make a box
12- Use strong 2-sided tape to build your box.

*This box is an open style box with the back flap is decorated behind the box. I embellished with MFT’s large bow with coordinating paper. I reinforced the bow using card stock underneath the decorative paper.

There are (12) note cards with coordinating envelopes are
4.5 x 4.25
*Cut with Spellbinder’s “Wavy” die set.

Note: If you need a smaller box :
Cut Cardstock 9.5 x 9.5
Punch/Score @ 3.5”
Punch/Score @ 5.0”

Old 01-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #2027
Stazon Splitcoast

K is a lil' sleepy and w/o make-up...here is her Bday pics!
Attached Thumbnails
kala-23-birthday-001.jpg   kala-23-birthday-003.jpg   kala-23-birthday-007.jpg   kala-23-birthday-009.jpg  

Old 01-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #2028
Stazon Splitcoast

Um...veg lasagna looks kinda like a flamin' cheesy mess with olives on top! K sportin' her new stylin' hat...and the "oversized pupcakes" is so everyone gets what they want--because no one likes coconut cake (K's favorite!) haha

Old 01-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #2029
Glitter Guru

Great pictures Susanne. I can see a bit of you in K! Good idea to make cuppies for birthdays but alotta work doing a different kind for each person!

Snow everywhere but here! It was 51 today but the temps are supposed to drop to the teens tomorrow with this new cold front. Don't think we're getting snow tho.

I'm glad that your birthday was good Imke! I love perfume too but Ken get's cranky when I wear it. He claims it bothers his nose, so I rarely put it on. I sneak by with scented lotions!

I've been struggling with my eyes since my cataract surgeries. Everything is blurry close up so I haven't been crafting much.

Scary stuff Angela. Keep us in the loop as Ivy's surgery approaches. We'll need to send some happy mail her way!

DT: Sketch Saturday, Bugaboo - My Blog /Gallery
Old 01-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #2030
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Great pictures Susanne. I can see a bit of you in K! Good idea to make cuppies for birthdays but alotta work doing a different kind for each person!

Snow everywhere but here! It was 51 today but the temps are supposed to drop to the teens tomorrow with this new cold front. Don't think we're getting snow tho.

I'm glad that your birthday was good Imke! I love perfume too but Ken get's cranky when I wear it. He claims it bothers his nose, so I rarely put it on. I sneak by with scented lotions!

I've been struggling with my eyes since my cataract surgeries. Everything is blurry close up so I haven't been crafting much.

Scary stuff Angela. Keep us in the loop as Ivy's surgery approaches. We'll need to send some happy mail her way!
Oh no-no...Susie did not bake the pupcakes...found em all pretty and done in our new fancy bakery dept of Market Basket--they are huge and $1.99 each (such a deal)...the kids love em>..we have 2 left!

Is there a timeline of when your eyes clear up? Poor thing....that's how I feel when I read anything small--January 20th...my eye exam! Yay!

Old 01-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #2031
Watercolor Wizard

Great pictures Susanne. K does look like you and she is a beautiful young lady.
Love the cup cakes.

Joanna, I've been thinking of you. I never know when I get up if it is a blurry vision day or a good day. For the most part they are good. What is the timeline they give you for your eyes? Is the eye problems partly due to your diabetes? Praying for you.

I have some news for all of you and hope I can tell you tomorrow.

Wonderful kit Heather.

Angela, let us know about Ivy. That would upset me to for them to beat around the bush.

Vickie, glad you turned around and didn't go any further into the storm.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-03-2014, 02:29 AM   #2032
Watercolor Wizard

here's my "I wanna play round 12" post!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:01 AM   #2033
Watercolor Wizard

seems there is lots of good and bad news around here...

sorry to hear about Lena. Like Imke said, hopefully this final journey will be peaceful and painless.

Sorry to hear that Denise is going through tough times with her health, too. Sending prayers that she is feeling better soon!

Congrats to Angela on the Bugaboo DT and to Heather on making the Riley DT!! How awesome to be named to a DT for a company that you really, really love their products! Happy for both of you!

So happy to hear that Imke's birthday celebration was a good one! Yummy baked goods (made my mouth water!) and your favorite perfume! You deserve all good things, Imke!

Angela, had to grin when I read about your brother's miniature donkeys. One of the gals I work with has two mini donkeys and LOVES them! She's always posting pics and stories about them on FB.

Awwww, Heather, loving Claire's crafting! Following in mom's footsteps!

Jessica, hope your drive to the college was not a nerve-wracking, weather nasty one! I have fond memories of "college shopping" with my DD. We usually made an overnighter of it and had some good mom/daughter time.

Vickie, glad to hear you made the safe decision to turn around and postpone the doctor's appointment!

Tracie, I definitely agree with your words about Healthcare. You're so right when you say it wasn't like this many years ago when I got started, either. So hoping that you will be able to retire this year--though you made me giggle when you said you'd have to have enough money to keep up your hobby!

Pat, what a great way to start the new year--cropping with friends!! Good for you!!

Jo and Linda, I really feel for you both with the blurry vision! Like you, I love to read and craft, and how difficult it is to do our favorite things without good eyesight! Jo, do they expect the blurriness to clear up? Is it just "leftover" from the surgery and expects to disappear with time? I hope so!

Oh, Angela, my DD is still a fainter. The first time she needed a blood test, she passed out, and has had several episodes since then, mostly when she needed blood draws or IVs started. Her last episode was when she went to pick up some records from her surgeon, and she read one of the CT reports and passed out right there in the office. The receptionist told her, "that's why we want you to go over the records with the doctor, not read them on your own!"

We've gotten about 12 inches of snow over the last two days, and temps today are supposed to be in the single digits. I have been totally homebound since Jan.1...went into work the night of New Year's Eve feeling kind of yucky. Coughing, running a fever. Not supposed to be working with a fever, but our absence policy is so unforgiving I had no choice--especially on a holiday. So I toughed it out, wearing a mask all night. Came home and literally stayed in bed until 5 this morning. Only got up to go to the bathroom. Tom brought me lots of water and hot tea, haven't eaten anything solid either...just not hungry. At least I can sit upright for more than a few minutes. I probably should have gone to the doctor--but I got acutely ill on New Years Eve, and by yesterday (a non-holiday), the fever had broken. My son-in-law became suddenly sick on Sunday, and by Monday, he felt so miserable he went to our local Minute Clinic and they swabbed him and found out he had FLU!--and he had gotten the flu shot!! Unfortunately, it's back to work tonight for me...for the next four nights. Hoping I make it. feeling better, but not my normal .

Think it's time for me to go lay back down for awhile...been missing my friends here! stay warm!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Old 01-03-2014, 04:14 AM   #2034
Stazon Splitcoast

Our trip down to Southeast Missouri Unviersity was a safe one -- the interstate was actually clear of snow and ice, but the biggest problem was the windshield freezing over when a big truck went by!

SEMO is a great school not to mention cheaper and closer to home, but I think DD is still in love with Loyola.

Today we woke up to -4 degrees; brrr. Saturday they are calling for more snow and I'm actually looking forward to it over this bone-chilling cold.

Angela -- my girls and I would love to meet the mini donkeys and those babies should be beyond adorable!

I'm with the rest of the gals -- let us know when Ivy goes in for her surgery so we can shower her with happy mail!

Patti -- so sorry you are feeling so lousy. Hospital sick policy never made sense to me; you think they would be extremely generous to avoid creating more work for everyone!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:32 AM   #2035
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay Patti...see we cannot just walk away! haha feel better {{{hugs}}}

SNOW galore here--they say (since I have not been out yet) over 2 feet fell and it's still blustery outside now! Temps are dropping--still windy...and that's it in a nutshell!

I started a list to get Patrick ready to go back to WVU on Monday morning--he wants one of those 1 cup personal coffee makers--I may buy one on line and ship it directly to his dorm...

No plans for this weekend....

Last edited by Susanne527; 01-04-2014 at 08:35 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #2036
Forum Fanatic

Default From the Heart Stamps - FREEBIE !!!

For everyone who wants to start and join the "Sketch of the Month" Challenge at the {From the Heart Stamps} blog- Faith is offering a FREEBIE DIGI so everyone can join and start.

Here is the Link with all the details and the download link
Vickie Y likes this post.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #2037
Forum Fanatic

Lots of chatter. Im in a hurry - will read and comment later.....

For everyone who has lots of snow: Stay warm, safe and if its possible INSIDE

Because it is so cold in the US and you have lots of snow, it is so mild here in Germany. Sorry guys....but it has for ME definitely a good thing. The winter is slow in coming
Old 01-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #2038
Stazon Splitcoast

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...chilly and sunny here in Boston today! I need to go tackle the grocery store and get Patrick lined up to go back--which means an additional trip to Walmart for odds/ends. Other than that- no real plans!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Old 01-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #2039
Stazon Splitcoast

They are forecasting 10" snow here and coldest temperatures in 20 years. I stocked up on milk and bread -- the stores were insane!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #2040
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Jessica - Looks like Vickie and Pat are going to get some accumulation also. I think we are on the edge of the storm. Hopefully so because I do not like snow. Brrrrr

Closed Thread