Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #1761
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Here are some pictures of the package from Jessica; there was an assortment of vintage DP, chipboard, and cool borders, gorgeous ribbons, glittered snowflakes, sparkly buttons and brads, cool little mini book embellishment charms, and a MFT snowman stamp set (he is so cute!). There was a darling card, chocolates, and things for the kids too! The kids loved their stuff and say "thank you"...Ivy thought you made the little stocking that the Burt's Bees was in! I love my stuff too; thank you so very much!
oh Angela..that snowman stamp is ADORABLE!!!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #1762
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Hello to all! I still need to photograph Susanne's kit; will try to get that done tomorrow.

About the next round.... Does anyone have any ideas about what the group should do? Would love some suggestions!

I am sorry that Patti and Susanne will not be playing, but I certainly do understand. Life is busy!
I promise---It is just a break for me--I love ya all too much to wonder off into SCS land on my own!!! (((((((big schloppy hugs)))))

MommaPatti likes this post.
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #1763
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

I'll try to post what I wanted to share earlier!

I am so excited! I will be a guest designer for House Mouse Designs in January and February!! Love those meeces to pieces! LOL

AND, after I got that news I received a phone call from Mark's Finest Papers asking me to join their senior design team!

These two offers really made my day! I recently applied for a DT position on a new challenge blog called Gruffies and Guests, but wasn't selected to join that team. Sometimes not getting what you think you want works out for the best!

Just had to share!
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #1764
Forum Fanatic

Susanne/Patti- Itīs sad that you take a break but i also totally understand. I thought about too but after you both take a break i have to re-think about Please check in as often as you can. AND we see us across the hall !!

Susanne- I keep my fingers crossed for your job search. I think itīs not easy this times.

Vickie- Fabulous news. Congrats on your new DT positions !! You are a DT Member for Markīs Finest Paper right now, right ?

Angela- About a new round.... Maybe we can make something different ? What, however, I do not know but I will think about. Maybe someone has a great new idea.
Donīt get me wrong - i like to receive and send all these goodies but somtimes iīm really overhelmed ***lol***
We've been doing this for so many years and sometimes I do not know what to send. Basically we have everything and way too much.

Maybe we can just make an image swap. Secret groups and everyone says its Image / Company preference and we only send images.

Or just send an image with some scraps. I really mean only scraps. Like a DP strip, a bit ribbon additional a button, rhinestone or whatever. Just to make ONE card.

These are only suggestions, but I want to get away from these great/huge packages.
Vickie Y and Susanne527 like this post.
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #1765

Imke, I am DT member for 3 of Mark's Finest Papers Challenges on Mark's Finest Papers SpeedyTV. I'm now also on their blog senior DT!
Susanne527 likes this post.
Unread 12-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #1766
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
I'll try to post what I wanted to share earlier!

I am so excited! I will be a guest designer for House Mouse Designs in January and February!! Love those meeces to pieces! LOL

AND, after I got that news I received a phone call from Mark's Finest Papers asking me to join their senior design team!

These two offers really made my day! I recently applied for a DT position on a new challenge blog called Gruffies and Guests, but wasn't selected to join that team. Sometimes not getting what you think you want works out for the best!

Just had to share!
CONGRATS Vickie!! You deserve these honors, your creations are always fabulous!!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Vickie Y likes this post.
Unread 12-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #1767
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I promise---It is just a break for me--I love ya all too much to wonder off into SCS land on my own!!! (((((((big schloppy hugs)))))
Sus, you said it so well...I feel exactly the same way...just a break for a short time...these ladies are just too awesome to be gone for long!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Unread 12-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #1768
Watercolor Wizard

Angela, awesome packages from Jessica and Vickie! Have fun with those goodies!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #1769

Good morning!

I'm going meet a friend for lunch today; Mexican food at our little town's only "upscale" restaurant called Cazadores.

I like Imke's ideas for next round. But, I'm in with whatever is decided.

Breakfast is calling so will be back later with pictures of kit from Angela.

Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday!
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #1770
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Susanne/Patti- Itīs sad that you take a break but i also totally understand. I thought about too but after you both take a break i have to re-think about Please check in as often as you can. AND we see us across the hall !!

Susanne- I keep my fingers crossed for your job search. I think itīs not easy this times.

Vickie- Fabulous news. Congrats on your new DT positions !! You are a DT Member for Markīs Finest Paper right now, right ?

Angela- About a new round.... Maybe we can make something different ? What, however, I do not know but I will think about. Maybe someone has a great new idea.
Donīt get me wrong - i like to receive and send all these goodies but somtimes iīm really overhelmed ***lol***
We've been doing this for so many years and sometimes I do not know what to send. Basically we have everything and way too much.

Maybe we can just make an image swap. Secret groups and everyone says its Image / Company preference and we only send images.

Or just send an image with some scraps. I really mean only scraps. Like a DP strip, a bit ribbon additional a button, rhinestone or whatever. Just to make ONE card.

These are only suggestions, but I want to get away from these great/huge packages.
Imke--I like your idea!---I was thinking the same thing---Example: we each pick 5 words--Green, Fairies, Silver, Jokes, Clocks {just pulled this out of the sky}

Then, each of us in our groups would design something with one, two or all of the words and send it to the person---(pick whichever you want to focus on) and just create a card or altered item....too complicated? It can be simple or really dolled up and fancy...but the words can mean anything--"green=leaves, frogs, anything green" So our "wishlist" would be just things in the world we like--no list of scrapbook items...just keeping the focus on creativity!

Unread 12-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #1771
Stazon Splitcoast

Ya see...I can't even walk away without blabbing my big mouth!!! hahahaha You are drawing me back in!!! hahaha

Unread 12-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #1772
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Imke, I am DT member for 3 of Mark's Finest Papers Challenges on Mark's Finest Papers SpeedyTV. I'm now also on their blog senior DT!
This is fantastic Vickie!!! Good for you!!!

Unread 12-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #1773

I let the morning get away from me! I need to get ready to meet my friend!

BUT, I was mistaken!!! I did receive the offer to join the Gruffies and Guests DT!! Of course, I couldn't say no! LOL It will go live on January 4!

Hair and makeup work to do so I won't embarrass my friend while we are in public!
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #1774
Stazon Splitcoast

This is what Denise posted on fb last night.
Ok so I am letting evsryone know that Gregg's surgery that was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled by the cardiologist due to scheduling issues. He is a newer cardiologist from LA an has to have what they call a proctor,(another surgeon) with him per the medical center protocol. This is pretty standard, they just didn't plan for it.
The good news is our car broke down about a mile from out house an hour ago, so good thing we weren't on the road.

I wish they would get a break. While Gregg was in the hospital their hot water tank went out and they haven't got it replaced yet, ordered one and it will be in today. Now the car, and Gregg's surgery. He has been off heart medicine for the surgery and that cardiologist said to just take him to the local hospital if anything happens before they can reschedule him. That hospital already said they couldn't do anything for him. They do need prayers.

I'm off to grocery store. Today is our last day in the 60's. Talk about crazy weather, all that cold and snow then 5 days of beautiful 60's weather and now we have ice and snow coming in tonight for 3 days. Need to get out and enjoy the day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #1775
Forum Fanatic

Susanne- WELCOME back My idea was , if you told me for example your 5 words - I really love that idea

Green, Fairies, Silver, Jokes, Clocks

I would like to make a card kit and send it to you with:

1. maximum two 4x6 pieces of DP with green colors
2. a fairylike image
3. silver ribbon maximum 30 centimeter
4. a funny sentiment
5. maybe a clock charm or die cut if i have

If you have no connection between all of the words, just choose some of them. Of course, everything should fit together

But it should be really just a bit, simply consume what you have in your stock. It costs little postage and nobody has to buy anything.
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #1776
Forum Fanatic

Ohh, i now that there are more than 1 Designteam but that there are so many !

Quote:
Unread 12-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #1777
Forum Fanatic

Linda- Thanks for keeping us update about Gregg and Denise. Iīm very sorry to hear that. What a health odyssey for Gregg and what they have to endure with all these other things! That is really NO fun.
Unread 12-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #1778
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Susanne- WELCOME back My idea was , if you told me for example your 5 words - I really love that idea

Green, Fairies, Silver, Jokes, Clocks

I would like to make a card kit and send it to you with:

1. maximum two 4x6 pieces of DP with green colors
2. a fairylike image
3. silver ribbon maximum 30 centimeter
4. a funny sentiment
5. maybe a clock charm or die cut if i have

If you have no connection between all of the words, just choose some of them. Of course, everything should fit together

But it should be really just a bit, simply consume what you have in your stock. It costs little postage and nobody has to buy anything.
So you turn this into a card kit as opposed to something already made? I was thinking of just making something--mailing it would be fun--But we would all make something entirely different for the person that was featured--so for example 1 person might focus on 1 item and just make a card--while I might want to tie in ALL the items and make a Criss-cross card or something---no gathering of goodies...just make something from their words...was just my silly idea!

Unread 12-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #1779
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda -- I will definitely keep Denise and Gregg in our prayers. Wishing them a string of good days to make up for the incredibly frustrating time they have had lately!
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #1780
Stazon Splitcoast

I am sad that Susanne and Patti are stepping out a round but I do understand and they will be back cause I know you can't stay away.

I will do what ever the majority decide to do next round.

Great kits in the photos above. Love what you are all getting and sending. I am getting ready for company, making candy and trying to get some cookies made. I am still going to try to finish coloring my Dec. image and cards made with them for next door or across the hall.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #1781
Gabfest Goddess

This might be somewhat of the same idea. I was in a swap previously where we were in groups of 4, it ran for four months. Every month, one person in the group made 4 identical card kits. They kept one for themselves and sent out the other three to the three other group members. Everyone made 4 cards with their kits and sent back one card to each member...so, you end up with one of your cards plus three other cards made by three different people from a basically identical kit. Kinda like the image swap, but it was neat to see what people did with the various supplies provided.

The kits were mostly identical, but sometimes had some variations. For example, I saw it once where people got the same image, but different colors of the same DP (it was an SU swap). Or, you have slightly different embellishments in the package.

The cards you make don't have to all be identical, but you have to use the supplies in the card kit, with the exception of card base or accent solids...no embellishment, ribbon or patterned paper additions.

Advantages:
- We still get to send something to one another.
- We can use up our supplies upon receipt, rather than "storing" them in our accumulating stash.
- It's neat to see the variety with basically the same supplies.

Disadvantages:
- You have to find time to create these cards and send them back.
- You would have the 3x the postal cost one month (although sending cost should be lower and you have only the cost of three cards the following months).
- We might still be tempted to send goodies, which we clearly don't follow very well.
- Is it too similar to the commitment we've already made across the hall?
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #1782
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats Vickie! You are going to be as busy as Kathy but I know you both enjoy it and love being on your DT's. You both do awesome work.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #1783
Stazon Splitcoast

Heather--that's kind of what I do for one of my classes now I create some cards and--BUY/PREP 4-5 sets of something--or just buy 2 rolls of ribbon and we use what we need along with the sets. I would feel like I had to go buy things so I have 4 duplicates of things--I may own 200 red buttons but no two exact in size, shape, color, holes...hahaha!

Across the hall swap is easy/1 image..make card...mail card to original image giver! Piece of cake!

But, I will settle down and keep my trap shut here!!!

Unread 12-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #1784
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, I will be praying for Denise's family...they sure can't seem to catch a break.

Vickie, that is exciting news...congratulations! Do you know what happened to Faith from Mark's Finest Papers? I don't see her around the stamping world anymore.

Awesome ideas floating in for the next round! I love Imke's interpretation of Susanne's word theme...maybe one of you ladies would like to host? Keep the ideas coming so the group can decide what to do.

Davis had a ballgame tonight. They have improved so much since the last time I saw them play. Davis is a good rebounder and can really hustle...he doesn't shoot though...not sure why? We will have to work on that this summer. It warms my heart to see how excited he was...and I could tell he was proud of himself too. I also learned not to sit behind the players in the bleachers...phew! Ivy is out of town for wrestling.

A 12 year old from town had the surgery that Ivy will be having today. I don't know the family, so I will have to get updates from Ivy (she knows the girl's sister). I am praying for her speedy, uneventful recovery.

Off to finish the kitchen...I went on a cleaning frenzy today...polishing the granite and such. Just not feeling crafty, so I need to put my energy towards something else.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Unread 12-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #1785
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Oh my gosh, have I really been gone that Lon? Lots of posts to catch up on.

Patti and Susanne one word Nooooooooo. I love both of your posts. Such a great group of women.

Vickie - Congrats on all your design teams. You are going to be one busy girl. I think the next design team I would like to be on is a digital team.

Some great ideas going round here. Angela, if you need a break at hosting, I would be happy to help out.

Another idea. You pick a month and then say favorite color and images you would like.
Example - house mouse and blue so I would send house mouse images and a couple sheets of matching paper. Nothing complicated and would be fairly cheap to mail.

Design Team for Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #1786

Just another thought to think about for next round; go back to having one sister for 3 months to send a card kit to each month and to make the kits BASIC kits, no big spending, images only, no stamps, cardstock and designer paper sheets, no full pads, a few feet of ribbon, no spools or packs of ribbon, a few embellishments (no full packs of such).

Or, have the same sister for x number of months, and have a monthly theme following the Basic cardkit guidelines...not big spending as outlined above!

I think I recall that some of the sisters in this swap really don't want to "make" a 3D item; want to keep it simple, but yet stay intouch and get a few images / papers that we may not otherwise have.

I'm in with whatever is decided!

Thanks for your comments about the DT I recently became part of!

Angela, you asked about Faith the originator of MFP...I truly don't know; no one mentions her on MFP.
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #1787
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to read Faith's blog and see lots of fun things about her son Marky. That is how it got the name Marks finest papers...She also made beautiful cards.

I don't do a very good job on 3D things so not very interested in that. I can cover books or notebooks but that is about it.

I am in a reading mood and can't seem to put down my books for long. Hope to color tomorrow.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #1788
Die Cut Diva

Linda thats so funny, I'm doing the same thing. Seems like I made loads of cards(Christmas Cards) for several weeks and now I can't seem to get my nose out of a book. I'm going through them like crazy. Good thing the library has lots!!!
Denise and Gregg in my prayers...hope things improve for them soon

Congrats Vickie!! You deserve it!! They are very lucky to have found you.
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #1789
Stazon Splitcoast

We just got back from picking up Patrick from Worcester, MA--a good hour + ride each way--but, he arrived on time and is home until January 6th! Great --my entire family is home sweet home!

MommaPatti likes this post.
Unread 12-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #1790
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
We just got back from picking up Patrick from Worcester, MA--a good hour + ride each way--but, he arrived on time and is home until January 6th! Great --my entire family is home sweet home!
Enjoy Susanna Banana!!
Unread 12-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #1791
Forum Fanatic

Default NEW ROUND

Basically, everyone seems to be interested in a small reduced card kit/or similar.

Heather- Like your idea too. My SIL made this once she lived in the US. Thanks for the pros and cons. The biggest problem here for me is
- You would have the 3x the postal cost one month and you need time to make and create.

Tracy- Also great idea. Just an image and some DP scraps

Angela- I like Susanneīs "Word Idea" because itīs not up to a special company or whatever and it is ask for a bit creativity.

Vickie - This round should already be "Back to Basic" **lol**and i think it has not work properly

I also would like to see the finised result. I know everyone is busy but like Heather said: Itīs nice to see what you have done with the kit. Otherwise we hoard and collect. Thatīs what i like about the image swap. Use and create.

Thanks Tracie for your offer to hosting the next round. Maybe we can also make groups so that nobody needs to send twice. How now Angela. I know she enjoyed doing it. But it would be nice if it is avoidable.

Last edited by germanstampler; 12-20-2013 at 03:32 AM..
Unread 12-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #1792
Forum Fanatic

Linda/Pat- I was the last time so busy I had no time to read. I have unread books returned to the library. That's never happened to me. Enjoy your books

Susanne- Patrick has arrived ? Super great - enjoy the time !
Unread 12-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #1793
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda/Pat - I am reading big time also. I don't even have time to put in Goodreads what I have read. We have a new librarian at work and she keeps me in books and titles. She gave me a 2 page list of books that she thinks I would like.

Today is DH last day at work. Big time changes at our house. Hope he doesn't get bored. I am enjoying my last Friday at home by myself. Not sure how I will like going to work while he is home. Guess we will see what 2014 brings.

Unread 12-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #1794
Die Cut Diva

I started my Christmas vacation today but will return to work the day after Christmas. It's been many years since I didn't have the day after off but lots of changes at work these days.
Lots to do today...my scrapping friends are planning a big weekend to celebrate and it starts at 430 this afternoon!!
I will be happy with whatever the group decides for the next round however I prefer kits instead of the finished product so that I can create. I think posting the results is a great idea also.
Tracie please pass along any really good titles. I'm always searching for something new.
Unread 12-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #1795
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Pat - Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend. I am so glad that you are able to be off work for some days off. I know what you mean about changes at work. I think healthcare is an ever changing business right now. Sure not like it was when I started working there 26 years ago.

I like the idea of having one SS for the duration of 3 months. Makes it a little easier. Yes, simple kits (Paper, image and bling). Enough to make one card and then the person post a picture of the card when they are done. Would be nice to think of a theme each month. I love Susanne's idea of questions for each month.

Pat, a couple of good books I have read are The Giver, Dark Witch by Nora Roberts and now I am reading The Wishing Thread by Lisa Van Allen. I always have a book going and my kindle loaded. Just love to read. I hope to post on my blog next year a list of books I have read.

Unread 12-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #1796
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Linda/Pat - I am reading big time also. I don't even have time to put in Goodreads what I have read. We have a new librarian at work and she keeps me in books and titles. She gave me a 2 page list of books that she thinks I would like.

Today is DH last day at work. Big time changes at our house. Hope he doesn't get bored. I am enjoying my last Friday at home by myself. Not sure how I will like going to work while he is home. Guess we will see what 2014 brings.
Tracie--wanted to share--this week one of the PaperDiva's emails came to me and I HAD to know the star snowflake die on the card--your Diva's were on it like wildfire!!! No sooner did they respond to my email--they even had someone from MemoryBox comment about specifics and where to buy it!!! WOW! Plan to look for it on my next trip to AE!

Unread 12-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #1797
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie-- I'm avid reader, too, and usually finish 1-2 books per week. I just found Goodreads late this year and found the easiest/quickest way for me to enter books read is by scanning the bar code with their app. Love how they let you know when your author has new books available!
Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #1798
Stazon Splitcoast

Just to clarify--The "Words" concept:
1-we all choose 5 words (these words can be anything that comes to mind)
2-If we go individual/or groups...we design around (any/all) of those 5 words
3-Each of us makes a card using (any/all) words-then sends the same materials used in the card for that design.
4-The recipient of the card will have a finished card/materials to make it herself

No big card kits/no multiples/one concept/one card/baggie filled to make another with the same supplies.

Is that what everyone likes/dislikes? haha

My thing is...I love to get hung-up on the creative end--one thing leads to another--it can be a serious/comical/basic card/tag/altered item (call me crazy but I love the challenge of NOT just a card)--I love to have this option--all the things we can do with fancy papers and doodads!

Unread 12-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #1799
Stazon Splitcoast

See..you are all pullin' me back in!!! hahaha

Have a great day--I have PILES,n,PILES,n,PILES of laundry! Going to Boston later to start my shopping! Pizza for dinner and a huge glass of wine and a movie later!!! hahaha
(Now if that is not a motivator...I don't know what is...crackin' the whip...getting to work here!)

Unread 12-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #1800
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I knew you couldn't stay away Susanne. We wouldn't have anyone to entertain us. HA!

Jessica - Thanks for the tip on Goodreads. I have their app on my IPAD but didn't know I could just scan the book. What a great idea.

I love your idea Susanne of everyone choosing 5 words. That would really make it fun.

Closed Thread