Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #1481
Forum Fanatic

As I see it has both advantages and disadvantages to not have children***lol***.

Yesterday I watched a handball game of my godchild. He is 13 and so does his team. The boys have made their game made with fouls, errors and deserved to lose. I'm sorry, but they were really played badly.
But the parents were the worst ! There was a lot of yelling, name-calling, each child was of course the best and has been treated unfairly. I could hardly believe it. Since I'm really glad that spared me

Linda / Angela- I also had the same think of a clean craft room ***smile*** I´m glad that she learned it to let your rooms as they are, Linda.

Denise- I hope all your kids are feeling better soon !!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #1482
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I can't believe it's Monday....

Denise, good to "see" you here! Sorry to hear that so many have been under the weather...hopefully things are on the upswing. So, about your theory on parents getting payback.... My Mom tells me that "you were never like that" when she hears Ivy give me sass; of course Ivy doesn't even show her the worst.

This morning it was, "Calm down, Mother." She was getting ready to iron a sweater and I asked her if she would like me to do it; I go over there to find that the iron is turned way up and calmly told her she would have burned her sweater (I know, I burned a wool sweater once). That's the newest one; it's not exactly what she says, but HOW she says it. It drives me crazy! Some day I should show her excited and "whipped up"...maybe that would make her stop...or not. LOL

Imke, sometimes the parents are so bad! Ivy and I joke about the "volleyball Mom's club"...there is a group of Moms who sit together and they have horrible behavior...they are critical and talk about the kids in a negative way; one time one of the Grandmas was sitting with them and she was calling players fat. A lot of volleyball players are sturdy girls...there's nothing wrong with that. One of my friends is a college volleyball coach and she told me when they recruit they look at a girls legs and gluts...they like them big...more strength and power! (Ivy is out of luck! LOL) Your godchild will get better; he and his team are young.

Better get busy...more felt cupcakes to make....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #1483
Stazon Splitcoast

Crunch time! I purposely waited for today to do all my Thanksgiving shopping--

Have a great Monday everyone!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #1484
Glitter Guru

Oh Angela: I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I remember when I was snarky to MY mom. I promise, it will get better. I'm not sure when I the change occurred from me thinking my mother knew ABSOOLUTELY nothing to me thinking that my mom was the bomb.

I was a major sassy pants. It wasn't so much what I said but more the attitude I put into into it:

"Mooooooom" (just a word but the sass conveys just how stupid I thought she was!) Sending {{hugs}} your way. It will get better.

DT: Sketch Saturday, Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, Bugaboo Please visit My Blog /Gallery
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #1485
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, I was like you. I remember my Mother telling me "Linda, its not what you say but how you say it". I feel so bad now when I think of how I talked to her sometimes and thought I knew more than she did. Denise came by it naturally.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #1486
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh...'the tone in your voice' was another thing I got! Then I would come back with--what do I know--I am not an opera singer!! deliberate sass back!

My oldest sister's daughter was snarky towards ME when they were here to visit! I was appalled! I said, "Listen kiddo-save that stuff for your mom!" I think my sister was embarrassed--I said...well, I guess I feel akin since she gives me the same 'crap' she gives you--guess I am special--or we look so much alike that she forgot I was the nice auntie!!! haha

Unread 11-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #1487
Stazon Splitcoast

Who wants to hear something funny?
I was just over at our neighbor Bob/Sheryl's house visiting with Kermy (their cute dog)...They (the parents and daughter) are in California right now--visiting with other daughter and new grandbaby...So the TV would not work--via texts Bob got it going! Something stupid like the HD was not set...So I am all set--sitting w Kermy on their couch...watching FOX news...and I get a text...from Bob that say's..."How bout some football?"...........and the channel changes on the TV! FREAK-A-ZOID! How'd he do that? Those people with their smart phones--scared the ever livin' snot out of me!!! hahaha

Unread 11-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #1488
Gabfest Goddess

Angela, my brother is four years younger than me and I can remember him about that age and I told my mom "I don't like him!" and she replied, "Well, I didn't like you much at that age either!"

Boy, did that shut me up.

Guess I couldn't do anything about it then, but it made me think. I guess I didn't realize how bad I was.....and I don't think I was really ever that bad!! I certainly didn't act out very much.
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #1489
Stampin' Fool

My favorite teenage response is "WHATEVER" I heard it from my kids and now from my granddaughters!!!! UHG! I don't usually get the sassy end from them but I do from time to time.

Nic and I did our shopping yesterday and the store was still packed!!! We had Jasper and 2 teenage boys with us, but it was ok.

Annabelle and Lexie are coming to the house tomorrow to help start cooking! Annabelle has decided she wants to start learning how to cook. Her Momma doesn't cook much, she can but after working 8-12 hours a day and with her back injury she says she just can't. She has always made my Grandma Hazel's Pumpkin Sheet Cake for dinner but since she has to work late Wednesday I told her we would do it, but thankfully her daughter Annabelle wants to do it. YEA! Funny, I taught all my kids to cook, but Nic and Chris are the ones who love to cook.

I have to make a pumpkin pie with no cinnamon, 2 of my grandkids are allergic to cinnamon. Gabe (Nic's son and Atticus, Chris' son) I have always made Gabe one but this year he has to share with Atticus.

Kathy, you wanted the pumpkin sheetcake recipe? I will post for everyone. It is one of my families favorites left to us from my Mom's mom!!!!!

Pumpkin Sheet Cake
preheat oven 350 degrees grease and flour a large sheet pan

Cream together:
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
Add to creamed mixture

disolve 2 teaspoons baking soda in 1 tablespoon water
1 pt can pumpkin

Sift together
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Mix this into the wet mixture and pour into prepared sheet pan
cook for 20 min.

Icing:
1 stick butter
1 8oz softened cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Mix on high speed until all creamed together. Spread on cooled cake.

My kids don't like nuts (pecans or walnuts) but grandma always sprinkled chopped nuts on top of frosted cake.

If you make it let me know how you liked it!

My Mom (Linda's) favorite is her chocolate sheet cake, its good too, but my kids and grandkids love the pumpkin.

I hope everyone has a great day, I guess I need to add some pictures of the not so little baby's. The are all getting so big. Jasper loves the christmas lights that are already up in the stores, I have a feeling it will be crazy with our tree this year.
Unread 11-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #1490
Stampin' Fool

Default Pictures of my family

Its been awhile since I have posted pictures of my family so I was taking a break and thought I would share. Some of these are from Halloween and I know that those of you who are my friends on fb have seen these. There is a group picture of Nickie with her kids, it also has her ex husband in it. They do alot of family stuff with their kids even though the have been separated for 5 years. It has made a world of difference in how the boys attitudes are. So that is who Joe is, this was a dinner with all of our kids and grandkids for Gregg and my anniversary in October. I hope you enjoy them.
Jasper has learned to crawl our of his crib, it wouldn't be a problem but afraid of him really getting hurt because he has gotten stuck between the dresser and the crib, so Nickie and her oldest took it down and put the toddler bed up. He loves the toddler bed. Annamarie also loves the toddler bed, she pushes him out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
annabelle-aunt-nickie-gabe.jpg   annamarie.jpg   annamarie-2-.jpg   atticus-mike-knight-big-brother-austin.jpg   back-row-gabe-austin-holding-jasper-standing-rhys-front-green-atticus..jpg  

cousins-annamarie-jasper.jpg   cousins-atticus-jasper.jpg   gregg-i.jpg   jasper-his-new-toddler-bed.jpg   jennifer-nickie.jpg  

Unread 11-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #1491
Stampin' Fool

Just a few more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
jennifer-annamarie-atticus.jpg   john.jpg   john-big-sister-lexie.jpg   nickie-gabe-austin-joe-rhys-jasper-john.jpg  
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #1492
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise, great family photos; the kids are growing up! Pumpkin sheetcake sounds wonderful; will have to try that. Pretty much anything pumpkin is good! I am making a pumpkin cheesecake with caramel, nuts, and toffee on top.

So glad to hear that so many have experience with the sass...I feel better to know that I am not alone! LOL

Heather, too funny what your mother said...I suppose she wanted to make you think and she did!

Denise, I don't hear "whatever", I hear "fine".
Me: "Good morning, Ivy!"
Ivy: "Fine."
or
Me: "What would you like.....?"
Me: "Fine is not the answer, it's a yes or no question."
You get the drift...it drives me nuts!

And what is the stubborn behavior all about? Yesterday was a wrestling event and the cheerleaders had their picture taken too. When she came home I noted that her skirt was all askew; it has a zipper in the back and a dart on both sides of the zipper. In the front is a vent on one side. When she had tried her uniform on for me I told her that the skirt needed to be adjusted; she promptly told me that "this is how the coach says to wear it". I tried telling her again yesterday...the zipper goes in the middle, etc. Of course she wanted to argue. As she would say, "fine"; I've decided if she wants to go around looking like a nutball who doesn't know how to dress herself, it's okay with me! LOL I really can't wait to see if the others look like nutballs too....

What are you all making/serving for Thanksgiving? I am making spinach salad, sweet potato casserole (not the marshmallow kind, this is mashed, tastes like pumpkin pie, and has a crunchy nut topping on it...so yummy!), cheesecake, and I need to think of an hors d'oeuvre.

Unread 11-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #1493
Glitter Guru

Angela: if it is not life-threatening, I say, let her look like an idiot.

We are having vegetables and dip, and deviled eggs to start. Turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, spinach salad and potato rolls (good heavens it's a "lotta" starch but god forbid, someone not get THEIR favorite kind of starch.) I may or may not make the remus boogers. We already have a HUGE amount of food and while everyone takes a little bit, I wonder if no one would mind it NOT being on the table. Then we finish off with pies: pumpkin, pecan and apple. No wonder everyone in this family either jogs or is chubby!

DT: Sketch Saturday, Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, Bugaboo Please visit My Blog /Gallery
Unread 11-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #1494
Stazon Splitcoast

My cable has been playin' games with our system all day on/off....I'll catch up tomorrow in between cookin' n bakin'!

Unread 11-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #1495
Forum Fanatic

Where are Lexie´s red hairs ? I liked it.

Awesome pictures. With all these little ones i can imagine your house is full everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie0090 View Post
Just a few more pictures.
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #1496
Forum Fanatic

You make me laugh !- but you´re right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Angela: if it is not life-threatening, I say, let her look like an idiot.

We are having vegetables and dip, and deviled eggs to start. Turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, spinach salad and potato rolls (good heavens it's a "lotta" starch but god forbid, someone not get THEIR favorite kind of starch.) I may or may not make the remus boogers. We already have a HUGE amount of food and while everyone takes a little bit, I wonder if no one would mind it NOT being on the table. Then we finish off with pies: pumpkin, pecan and apple. No wonder everyone in this family either jogs or is chubby!
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #1497
Forum Fanatic

As it sounds, you are all very busy with the preparations for tomorrow's Thanksgiving meal. Everything sounds delicious. Is that all for Lunch or for Dinner ?

And "Black Friday" is the day after Thanksgiving, right ? Any special plan to buy ? There are always great deals.
Unread 11-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #1498
Glitter Guru

We eat it for lunch around 2 and then just nibble for dinner. Ugh. Too much food! No black shopping for me. I HATE being in crowds. The thought of getting up early and then standing in ridiculous lines makes me nauseated!

Unread 11-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #1499
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke, I agree with you about Lexie's hair. I like it red/blond. The young ladies in our Church change their hair color all the time to so it must just be this generation.

Our Thanksgiving dinner is going to be on Friday at 3:00. We rented a new Civic Center in Caney to hold our 45 that are coming and it wasn't available on Thursday. Our family is grown so much in the last 5 years. All of my 17 Grandkids have kids except 2 of them. One is 13 and Lindsey says no kids until she is 30. This is all without Denise and her family. She will be missed, she always is. She has only got to come home for the holidays twice in all the years she has lived in California. I have 4 pumpkin pies to bake and 2 pecan pies and am making my Mothers Applesauce Gumdrop cake so need to get some of it finished today. I am also trying a recipe Glenda gave me for tonight. In the crockpot put one pork roast, one can of cranberry sauce with cranberries and one package of lipton onion soup. Three ingredients. She says she only used 1/2 can of the cranberry sauce. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #1500
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends!

Yes, I agree...where is Lexie's pretty strawberry blond hair? And where are John's curls? Linda, I know the young girls around here color their hair too; they start very young. There was a girl in Davis' class who had highlights in Kindergarten! She also wore high heels...used to call them Candies in my day...my mother called them mules...have no idea what they are called today....

Imke, Ivy and her friend want me to take them Black Friday shopping...a lot of the stores open at 8 p.m. tomorrow...still not sure if I will go or not. I don't really fell up for it, but I do have fun with the girls. We'll see.

Linda, I have done the cranberry sauce and Lipton onion soup on pork chops...it was good!

Ivy and I were picking up a few groceries today and we saw my Aunt and Uncle. My uncle is in his late 80's and has Alzheimer's; it is so sad to see him like this. My aunt was a "ladies who lunch" type...didn't work. I remember always thinking she had life so easy; well, fast forward to now. Her life is no longer easy, as my uncle is very forgetful and confused and gets into a lot of mischief...he requires almost constant supervison. I don't mean to sound mean, but I never knew she had it in her to take good care of him like she has. It has got to be hard and so stressful...and on top of that, she is in her 80's too. I was talking to Lyle and he didn't know that tomorrow was Thanksgiving; he is so very sweet and soft spoken and enjoys chatting. My aunt said that she would tell him who we were later. Situations like this make me so thankful for our health!

Unread 11-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #1501
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

JCI to say hello! Wish I could catch up on all the chatter. Where does the time go?!

Patti, hope you are feeling better.

Jessica, adorable cardkit package from Angela.

We are going out for dinner tomorrow! But, on Friday I'm fixing beef and noodles with mashed potatoes, green beans, and a veggie tray; and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Saturday going shopping with my youngest daughter and her daughter, my 14 year old granddaughter! I could/should insert sometimes "snarky" granddaughter! I think it goes with the age and continues until mid twenties! LOL

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow; even if Thanksgiving is not a holiday for those of you outside the US, have a terrific Thursday!
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:41 AM   #1502
Forum Fanatic

Happy Thanksgiving to you all !!

Angela- I agree with Joanna. I think it´s totally crazy to go shopping in this crowds But you´re right with the girls it would be fun and you'd be a cool mom
I can imagine with your uncle. Something like that it is with my grandpa (87). He has dementia and Alzheimer's. He still recognizes us and my grandma (luckily) , but he is also very forgetful. For example, he goes to the basement and do not know what he wanted there. It is not easy and very stressful especially for my grandma (85).

Enjoy your food, the family and the holidays !
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #1503
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

We missed our Thanksgiving meal last night with my family because we got a call that my DBIL had a stroke and we spent all evening in the hospital. It has affected his speech and memory. Doing test today to see if there is any blockage. Guess I will cook a roasted chicken for my DH and myself.

Going to go to our LSS tomorrow for a sale and that is about it. No big plans.

Design Team for Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.
Unread 11-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #1504
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie, so sorry to hear about your BIL; glad you were there to support he and his family.

Unread 11-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #1505
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

I hope you are able to spend the day giving thanks for your blessings!

Vickie Y and Susanne527 like this post.
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #1506
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.

Tracie, so sorry for your DBIL. He is in our prayers.

Denise's husband Gregg is in the hospital. He had pnemonia but now has Congestive Heart Failure and his heart is out of rhythym again but hopefully will get to go home today.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #1507
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Thanksgiving, US friends!
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #1508
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies--Happy Hanukah to all that celebrate too!

23lb turkey in roaster oven
Brown Gravy & My White mushroom gravy
Kugula
Whipped Potatoes
Caramelized Squash (new recipe)
Broccoli Pie
Carrot Casserole
Corn
Cranberry sauce
Desserts: Apple pie/ice cream/whipped cream (Auntie Patti is bringing this)
Peanut Butter Cheese Cake Brownie Bars (Pinterest recipe)
Pecan Crescents
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Williams & Sonoma Recipe-) real chewy--Shane ate 2 when he first woke up this morning (thumbs up!)

Ya think I have enough food? It's all about the sides and desserts and that tasty Turkey sandwich tomorrow right?!

{{{hugs}}} Have a fabulous day!

Unread 11-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #1509
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.

Tracie, so sorry for your DBIL. He is in our prayers.

Denise's husband Gregg is in the hospital. He had pnemonia but now has Congestive Heart Failure and his heart is out of rhythym again but hopefully will get to go home today.
Oh my!!! BIG prayers out to the both of you!

Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #1510
Forum Fanatic

If I take a plane right now, I might make it even more for the leftovers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Ladies--Happy Hanukah to all that celebrate too!

23lb turkey in roaster oven
Brown Gravy & My White mushroom gravy
Kugula
Whipped Potatoes
Caramelized Squash (new recipe)
Broccoli Pie
Carrot Casserole
Corn
Cranberry sauce
Desserts: Apple pie/ice cream/whipped cream (Auntie Patti is bringing this)
Peanut Butter Cheese Cake Brownie Bars (Pinterest recipe)
Pecan Crescents
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Williams & Sonoma Recipe-) real chewy--Shane ate 2 when he first woke up this morning (thumbs up!)

Ya think I have enough food? It's all about the sides and desserts and that tasty Turkey sandwich tomorrow right?!

{{{hugs}}} Have a fabulous day!
Queenbee Jo and Susanne527 like this post.
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #1511
Forum Fanatic

Bad news, Tracie. I hope it was just a lighter / smaller stroke !

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post

We missed our Thanksgiving meal last night with my family because we got a call that my DBIL had a stroke and we spent all evening in the hospital. It has affected his speech and memory. Doing test today to see if there is any blockage. Guess I will cook a roasted chicken for my DH and myself.

Going to go to our LSS tomorrow for a sale and that is about it. No big plans.
Unread 11-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #1512

Tracie, so sorry to hear that your DBIL had a stroke; hope he is improving.

Yummy menu, Susanne.

Our dinner was very good, but the downside is no leftovers; upside is no mess or work!

Just want everyone to know I'm thinking of each of you.
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #1513
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone had a great day. Our dinner is tomorrow.

Denise's husband Gregg is now in ICU.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #1514
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Thanks for all the nice thoughts sent my way. I am so sorry to hear about Denise's husband.

Boy I wish I was at susannes house. Her food sounded quite yummy.

Design Team for Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.
Unread 11-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #1515
Gabfest Goddess

Oh no! What a terrible thing for Denise to be dealing with.
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #1516

keeping Denise and family in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #1517
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you all.

I am with you all, wish I had been at Susanne's house for dinner.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #1518
Forum Fanatic

Linda/Denise - He is in the ICU ? Oh my goodness! I hope his heart is back in step soon. Thinking of you !
Unread 11-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #1519
Forum Fanatic

Yesterday, the Christmas market was opened up in my town
Attached Thumbnails
db3580172486863b99268e52b79c3fc7.jpg  
Susanne527 likes this post.
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #1520
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Linda, do you have an update on Greg today? I've been thinking of Denise and her family.

Tracie, how is your BIL? Any improvements?

Hope everyone had a great day; we had dinner, then supper so it was too much food.

Imke, your town is beautiful! Did you buy anything at the Christmas market?

Closed Thread