Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 09-11-2017, 06:55 AM   #81
Proud Fan Club Member

Great to hear, Joyce Ann! Praise the Lord! Thanks for checking in!

Our DD and family are in Atlanta area and in for whatever Irma has leftover. No school there today and tomorrow. They are anticipating power outages and wind damage! So it isn't over yet!

S2S 2017: +106.21 as of 07/31/17
Srapbook pages 85/100 as of 09/30/17
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mollymoo951, Elizabeth G. and AnniePanda like this post.
Unread 09-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Sharon, hoping the best of outcomes for your sweet family too! I see Jacksonville sure got messed up with all the water, but looks like Tampa missed the brunt of it.
Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Page Goals: YTD=91; Oct=3/10
S2S=+$76
mollymoo951, Elizabeth G. and smadson like this post.
Unread 09-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #83
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniePanda View Post
Oh, Sharon, hoping the best of outcomes for your sweet family too! I see Jacksonville sure got messed up with all the water, but looks like Tampa missed the brunt of it.
So thankful all is good, still praying for Sharon's DD today/tomorrow. My family is also safe and secure. They left the Shelter this morning. Some yard damage but nothing serious, no flooding and they now have power!

Happy Monday! I did get some pages uploaded for VSBN

Thanks 2016 (VSBND)

Scary 2016 (VSBNB)
Unread 09-12-2017, 01:19 AM   #84
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Good morning ladies!

Join us for VSBN September 2017 - It's Fall Y'all!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Elizabeth G. likes this post.
Unread 09-12-2017, 01:22 AM   #85
ALWAYS has a P L A N

So far, it appears Irma didn't do as much damage as anticipated. That's good news. Good to hear everyone has fared well in the storm.

Ah, she's visiting today. 1 - 1.5" maybe 2" locally of rain she's expected to dump.

Wonder how Jayne is enjoying her China trip and how her sis is faring?

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Elizabeth G. and AnniePanda like this post.
Unread 09-12-2017, 05:38 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Lela, good to hear your family made it through well, even with the inconvenience of going to a shelter. Glad there home wasn't damaged. Boy, Irma could have really messed Tampa up! I worked in downtown Tampa for over 35 years, my home was in the NW until the last couple of years when I built in Wesley Chapel.
Fan Club Member
S2S=+$76
Unread 09-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #87
Glitter Guru

Joyce Ann I just noticed you had posted, so pleased to hear you are safe after the awful storms, every time I saw the news I wondered how you were getting on, made me smile to think of you both still making cards will the hurricane raging outside, so pleased our family lives in San Francisco!
AnniePanda and smadson like this post.
Unread 09-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #88
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
So thankful all is good, still praying for Sharon's DD today/tomorrow. My family is also safe and secure. They left the Shelter this morning. Some yard damage but nothing serious, no flooding and they now have power!

DD and family fine. They did have power issues, but have it now. Their church doesn't have power today, but everything is calm now. Thank you for your kind thoughts, and prayers, Joyce .Ann and Lela.

Last edited by Lmn; 09-12-2017 at 08:19 PM..
mollymoo951 and AnniePanda like this post.
Unread 09-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #89
Hardware Hotshot

Good afternoon! I'm so relieved to hear that everyone in Florida is safe. I just recently moved from there, so I still have a lot of friends who live there. They all had either minimal or no damage at all!

I have been really productive the last couple of days and I've already met my monthly goal. It's mostly because of the VSBN challenges - scrappin' fall/halloween activities is really one of my favorites. After all, I named my daughter Autumn Hope to get them uploaded soon!

I hope everyone has got some mojo flowing. If not, I'm sending some your way. Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!
Lmn, mollymoo951, AnniePanda and 2 others like this post.
Unread 09-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #90
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth G. View Post
Good afternoon! I'm so relieved to hear that everyone in Florida is safe. I just recently moved from there, so I still have a lot of friends who live there. They all had either minimal or no damage at all!

I have been really productive the last couple of days and I've already met my monthly goal. It's mostly because of the VSBN challenges - scrappin' fall/halloween activities is really one of my favorites. After all, I named my daughter Autumn Hope to get them uploaded soon!

I hope everyone has got some mojo flowing. If not, I'm sending some your way. Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!
I didn't know you named your daughter Autumn.

Do you have an October birthday? If so, no wonder you like Fall / Halloween! Pretty sure Sharon M has an October birthday near Halloween! Mine is the 10th. Sometimes I share it with Columbus Day and there's NO MAIL! Sadness. Especially the year Mom ordered me a record player and it was supposed to be delivered on my birthday. Um, my birthday was Columbus Day and they didn't deliver that day!

The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 09-12-2017 at 02:35 PM..
Elizabeth G. and smadson like this post.
Unread 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #91
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
I didn't know you named your daughter Autumn.

Do you have an October birthday? If so, no wonder you like Fall / Halloween! Pretty sure Sharon M has an October birthday near Halloween! Mine is the 10th. Sometimes I share it with Columbus Day and there's NO MAIL! Sadness. Especially the year Mom ordered me a record player and it was supposed to be delivered on my birthday. Um, my birthday was Columbus Day and they didn't deliver that day!
I don't have an October birthday, but my daughter does. Hers is the 25th. I love the colors of the season and the cooler weather!

That would stink to not have mail delivered on your birthday. It's too bad Columbus day isn't a holiday where you get off from school or work. That would be a nice birthday present. When we lived in England, the schools always had a week break during the last week of October, so my daughter would get the entire week off from school. Made it real easy to go out for a birthday lunch with her and her daddy if he could manage a lunch break.
mollymoo951 and smadson like this post.
Unread 09-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #92
Crimping Master

So glad to hear good news from all of you and so many of all of our friends and families in FL. Thanks for all the bday wishes. Cheryl, I will get to the sketch hopefully By Monday. Going to have a house full of guests again this weekend, so no scrapping for me unless it happens Sunday late. But, I don't mind. I enjoy any weekend I'm not working whether it's full of people or not full of anything. Wanted to mention that if you are available there is another Virtual Crop by Creative Memories on Friday night/Saturday. I have participated in a couple in the past and found them entertaining and worthwhile for me. Something different and fun in the comforts of your own place without packing or hauling anything to a crop. I won't be able to do it this weekend due to company, but you can check it out on Facebook if you are interested. Just look under Creative Memories Virtual Crop.
Lmn, mollymoo951, Elizabeth G. and 1 others like this post.
Unread 09-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #93
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleysgirl View Post
..... Wanted to mention that if you are available there is another Virtual Crop by Creative Memories on Friday night/Saturday. I have participated in a couple in the past and found them entertaining and worthwhile for me. Something different and fun in the comforts of your own place without packing or hauling anything to a crop.
I have played along with a couple as well and it is fun to be "pushed" again by the "next challenge coming along" .... haha! We used to do that, guess we got set in our ways with enjoying more time to finish pages as we haven't done that in awhile

We really should one time try to do a Virtual Chat/Crop via Skype or a web program so we can all "chat" while we scrap ... maybe we can pick a Saturday afternoon sometime?

This weekend I have Friday off and I'm headed to a CTMH Crop in Columbus...so I'll be checking out the online fun as well. Some of the gals that attend that crop do mixed media or other things so they don't all scrap. I however plan to .... I'M ON A MISSION ... I have about 6 pages to do for (July, August, Sept) which would get me "current" on recent events and about 50 pages starting January through July to be "caught up" 'for this year. I thought it would be really fun for once to have my Scrapbook for the year done by NYE .... it's fun to try, I think I can get close

All good, scrap on! I have my Food VSBN page laid out but I had to stop working on it tonight because it was making me want to snack, hahaha!
Elizabeth G., smadson and Shirleysgirl like this post.
Unread 09-13-2017, 01:43 AM   #94
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Good morning ladies!

The A-Team.
Unread 09-13-2017, 01:54 AM   #95
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
I don't have an October birthday, but my daughter does. Hers is the 25th. I love the colors of the season and the cooler weather!

That would stink to not have mail delivered on your birthday. It's too bad Columbus day isn't a holiday where you get off from school or work. That would be a nice birthday present. When we lived in England, the schools always had a week break during the last week of October, so my daughter would get the entire week off from school. Made it real easy to go out for a birthday lunch with her and her daddy if he could manage a lunch break.

I know, right?!? It's not a holiday for work (except for bankers and postal employees) and if it were, not likely to be a paid holiday. But it would be nice.

Back then, there was no school on Columbus Day - I know that year there was not. I'm pretty certain that back then we didn't have a "fall break" either. Since Mom & Dad farmed, there was no work holiday. School started later in August, not early in August.

Somewhere along the years - fast forward to the 2000's when my kid was in school - this changed to where there is a fall break that my birthday always fell into. So, I took a vacation from work that week of fall break / birthday! Worked out well. Now that he's out of school, I work fall break and my birthday.

That's a late fall break. When did school start in England? They start about the second week of August here.

The A-Team.
Unread 09-13-2017, 01:58 AM   #96
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleysgirl View Post
So glad to hear good news from all of you and so many of all of our friends and families in FL. Thanks for all the bday wishes. Cheryl, I will get to the sketch hopefully By Monday. Going to have a house full of guests again this weekend, so no scrapping for me unless it happens Sunday late. But, I don't mind. I enjoy any weekend I'm not working whether it's full of people or not full of anything. Wanted to mention that if you are available there is another Virtual Crop by Creative Memories on Friday night/Saturday. I have participated in a couple in the past and found them entertaining and worthwhile for me. Something different and fun in the comforts of your own place without packing or hauling anything to a crop. I won't be able to do it this weekend due to company, but you can check it out on Facebook if you are interested. Just look under Creative Memories Virtual Crop.
Thanks for the share! I hope to check out the challenges.

The A-Team.
Unread 09-13-2017, 02:06 AM   #97
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
I have played along with a couple as well and it is fun to be "pushed" again by the "next challenge coming along" .... haha! We used to do that, guess we got set in our ways with enjoying more time to finish pages as we haven't done that in awhile

We really should one time try to do a Virtual Chat/Crop via Skype or a web program so we can all "chat" while we scrap ... maybe we can pick a Saturday afternoon sometime?

This weekend I have Friday off and I'm headed to a CTMH Crop in Columbus...so I'll be checking out the online fun as well. Some of the gals that attend that crop do mixed media or other things so they don't all scrap. I however plan to .... I'M ON A MISSION ... I have about 6 pages to do for (July, August, Sept) which would get me "current" on recent events and about 50 pages starting January through July to be "caught up" 'for this year. I thought it would be really fun for once to have my Scrapbook for the year done by NYE .... it's fun to try, I think I can get close

All good, scrap on! I have my Food VSBN page laid out but I had to stop working on it tonight because it was making me want to snack, hahaha!

Someone asked about the VSBN time limits and - truthfully - I forgot to include it in one of my challenges for September. However, now that I've been reminded, we may see a 2 hour time limit for a select challenge or two in the future. Be interesting to simply time ourselves to see how long it takes to complete a page. Haven't done that. Might do that next time I make a page.

I'm not sure I can scrap and chat at the same time. But if it floats the boat, by all means, carry on.

I thought I might get 2016 scrapped by NYE. Be fun to see what last year looked like. I would have some of 2017 scrapped by then as well. I hope to have December Daily completed this year.

Ah, plans.

The A-Team.
Unread 09-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

A page for great grandson's album:
Cell Talk on Backgammon by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Fan Club Member
S2S=+$76
Ozpom likes this post.
Unread 09-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #99
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
That's a late fall break. When did school start in England? They start about the second week of August here.
Yeah I thought I remembered Columbus day being a school break when I was younger, but I know it isn't now.

England had great school years. They have 4 quarters. They start about mid August and go through the end of June. They have 2 weeks off after each quarter and a 6 week summer break. I think that helps the children retain more information.
mollymoo951 likes this post.
Unread 09-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #100
Hardware Hotshot

Here's what I've gotten done so far this month:

Fall Fun
Pumpkin Patch
Fresh and 'Gourd'eous
Family Traditions
Castle Rising Castle
mollymoo951 and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 09-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

I have ordered prints for some of the VSBN challenges, but since I was really in the mood to scrap something I found some photos to play with while I wait for fall pics.
2017 Sea World San Diego by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Fan Club Member
S2S=+$76
mollymoo951, Elizabeth G. and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 09-14-2017, 02:08 AM   #102
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Good morning ladies!

The A-Team.
Unread 09-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #103
Hardware Hotshot

I have some catching up to do and several layout to post
Here is one so far.

'Twas the Night Before by sewflake - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Goal 2017- 164/200 layout (50/50 cards) J/29, F/25, M14 A8 M12 J12 J36 A13 Sep15
Ozpom likes this post.
Unread 09-15-2017, 01:48 AM   #104
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Good morning ladies!

The A-Team.
smadson likes this post.
Unread 09-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

Finished VSBN # B last night. Got it photographed this morning and now loaded.
VSBNSep17B That's a Big Pumpkin by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Fan Club Member
S2S=+$76
smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 09-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #106
ALWAYS has a P L A N

For the late Friday night scrappers, the first VSBN challenge of the weekend is live!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post21534741

Link to master challenge thread is in my signature!

The A-Team.
Elizabeth G. and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 09-16-2017, 01:06 PM   #107
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is LO for the Back to School VSBN challenge:VSBNSep17F Mix242 Yummy! sm by smadson - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Elizabeth G. and Ozpom like this post.
Unread 09-16-2017, 05:59 PM   #108
ALWAYS has a P L A N

For the late Saturday night scrappers the second VSBN challenge of the weekend is live!

Check it out here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post21535149

Link to master challenge thread is in my signature.

The A-Team.
smadson likes this post.
Unread 09-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #109
Hardware Hotshot

Have one done for the Sept VSBN - Holidays

Precious Moments - Priceless Memories by sewflake - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Goal 2017- 164/200 layout (50/50 cards) J/29, F/25, M14 A8 M12 J12 J36 A13 Sep15
Unread 09-18-2017, 07:03 AM   #110
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you for all of your kind comments on my Precious Moments... page. The journaling is printed and adhered to the back of the page which I will probably leave the back side "open" when putting it in an album for easy reading.
I had shown the "backside" of the layout on another forum that is included in the same post. I don't know that you can attach more than one photo to a single post here?

AnniePanda likes this post.
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:52 AM   #111
Hardware Hotshot

Yesterdays finished work.....
And all Thru the House by sewflake - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Unread 09-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #112
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning, ladies!! I've been chugging away at the pages this month. I'm trying to do 1 layout a day, but I'm a couple behind (finished #18 yesterday). Probably won't get much done today as I volunteer every Wednesday at the local Thrift Shop, but I hope to catch up by the end of the week!

I have a few minutes before I have to leave for 'work', so I'll go check out the gallery and leave some love until it's time to go.

Have a great Wednesday!
Unread 09-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

My scrapping has been hindered. DD has taken over my work space and I don't want to interfere . She is "de-blocking" our wood stamps. Since I won a MISTI, the project has taken a front row priority.
Fan Club Member
S2S=+$76
Lmn, mollymoo951, sewflake and 4 others like this post.
Unread 09-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #114
Hardware Hotshot

Joyce Ann that sounds like a worthy cause to give up your scrap space for!!

mollymoo951 and AnniePanda like this post.
Unread 09-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #115
Hardware Hotshot

Mine for the day..
Not a Creature was Stirring by sewflake - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Unread 09-21-2017, 02:59 AM   #116
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Good morning ladies!

The A-Team.
Unread 09-21-2017, 03:01 AM   #117
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Good morning, ladies!! I've been chugging away at the pages this month. I'm trying to do 1 layout a day, but I'm a couple behind (finished #18 yesterday). Probably won't get much done today as I volunteer every Wednesday at the local Thrift Shop, but I hope to catch up by the end of the week!

I have a few minutes before I have to leave for 'work', so I'll go check out the gallery and leave some love until it's time to go.

Have a great Wednesday!

You rock! A page a day! Sounds like fun.

The A-Team.
Unread 09-21-2017, 03:06 AM   #118
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
My scrapping has been hindered. DD has taken over my work space and I don't want to interfere . She is "de-blocking" our wood stamps. Since I won a MISTI, the project has taken a front row priority.
That's a job!

Quite a few years ago, before the MISTI - a little after SU! came out with the cling mounted rubber stamp option, I "de-blocked" some of my SU! wood mounted stamps. (Wound up with a 5 gallon bucket of sticky blocks. ) Then SU! came out with the VCR type cases that match the DVR type cases () and some I left on blocks. I have no intentions of removing the remaining stamps from blocks either.

The A-Team.
AnniePanda and smadson like this post.
Unread 09-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #119
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I had never heard of a MISTI before, so I had to google. What a neat tool. Now I think I may want one in the future, but I don't want to de-block all my stamps. I remember when Christy S. did this and it took her forever!! But, that's really cool that you won one, Joyce.
sewflake and smadson like this post.
Unread 09-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #120
Insane Embellisher

Hello dear SCS friends, we are back. I feel I've lost weeks of my life. I was so pleased to read that Joyce Ann survived the storms and also everyone's families. I hope that there's been none or little damage wherever you are.
Lela and Melissa i hope that your sinus and chest infections are better. I can relate as I have returned with a sinus infection.
Amy, a belated happy birthday. Cheryl, I hope your mojo is back.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words of comfort the past few weeks. My sister is doing good after her op and we were so happy to hear end of last week that the cancer had not spread, albeit they had to take everything and part of her stomach lining. She is getting stronger every day and now it's a time of healing for her. We will still go and visit the UK but are waiting until she is stronger and once we can finalise our plans.

Our trip was wonderful and exceeded our expectations. It was part stressful and added to it was my hubby passing out on our first flight. Needless to say it was a distressing time on top of everything else but he is ok now and being checked. The sightseeing did help but there were times on the tour that I found it all overwhelming, as well as feeling guilty.

We started in Beijing and 3 internal flights later found ourselves in Shanghai. We have stood on Tiananmen Square, visited the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace, walked the Great Wall, seen pandas play, stood in awe admiring the Terracotta Warriors, had a canal boat trip around what is known as the Little Venice of China (Wuzhen), seen the Bund from 88 floors up and again lit up at night, as well as watching acrobats perform feats that we thought weren't possible. It was amazing and tiring but we are fortunate to have done it.

We currently feel as though we have lost a few days of our life and had terrible jet lag but are glad to be home, back online (there's no google or FB allowed in China) and so happy to have received good news. I've spoken a few times with my sister and she is in good spirits.

I finally ventured into my craft room today and did some stamping with our GD. I'm not sure I will get to scrap this month but for now I shall enjoy viewing all of your wonderful creations.

Thank you again for your kindness. I have been humbled by the kindness of this group and strangers whilst travelling. It has given me comfort and strength. Thank you.

Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and love jx