Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Here are most of the pages I have been working on this month. All from our annual family lake vacation last summer. My husband and his extended family have been doing this for 37 years to Bull Shoals Lake in Arkansas. The hardest part of doing this each year is to narrow down the pics and use lots of pictures per page so I don't end up with an entire album of one vacation from same spot year after year. I am so glad to see how much it means to the next generation now that some of them are old enough to decide whether they can put it on their calendars themselves. This year brought people from as far west as New Mexico and from as far east as Alabama.
The Crazy Crew Continues... hmmm I should have used that for a title! Ha!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=428243

Feb 14/20 YTD 34/175
Elizabeth G., Motherload and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:52 AM   #42
Proud Fan Club Member

This is exciting, Amy, that you are part of such a tradition!

2019 OLW= Light

Scrapbook: YTD 20; Goal: Feb 8/8

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Shirleysgirl likes this post.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:07 AM   #43
Proud Fan Club Member

Quick hello as my sore back came back with a vengeance yesterday and just when I thought it was ok, today it's not. I can only sit for a short time before it goes into a spasm and I end up walking as though I'm 90 years old LOL. It will come good. No craft though today for me. If no better tomorrow, I will at least be able to sort through all of the photos I had printed and find a sketch or LO that I can do when I can get back into it. It could be worse so I am not whinging (complaining).

Happy scrapping and I will check out all of your LOs when I have time and can sit longer.
OLW: Tolerance (and throw Commit from 2018 in)
Old 02-11-2019, 03:50 AM   #44
Compulsive Stamper

Ozpom, hope you get better!
Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 AM   #45
Compulsive Stamper

Last month I’ve got 2 pages and 2 cards 1 3D item. Feb I would like to duplicate that.
Elizabeth G., AnniePanda and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #46
Proud Fan Club Member

Feel better soon and do take good care of yourself, Jayne.

2019 OLW= Light

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #47
Die Cut Diva

Good Monday morning, everyone. My kids are off school today but the two smallest ones wanted to go to karate camp this morning at their dojo and my older ones are sleeping in, so I got a morning to myself. I'm working on filling in all the blank spaces in my pocket pages since I have a bad habit of stuffing photos in and ignoring the blank spots. Got six spots done and three to go, and then I'll be up to date on my 2014 album.

Now on to a cautionary tale for my fellow scrappers! After dropping off my little kids, I went to Starbucks and bought a venti caramel macchiato for myself. I drank part of it and then started working in my scrap room. I was just tidying up my papers and went to grab some cardstock scraps from the desk behind me, but in the process of swiveling my chair around, the blanket that was draped over the back of my chair unended my drink and sent it tumbling to the ground. The lid came off as it hit the desk on the way to the ground, and coffee sprayed all over the floor of my scraproom in about a four foot radius. 27 paper towels later, my room still smells like coffee and about half of the cardstock scraps that had been sitting on the desk are ruined from coffee spills. So to all of you who have gotten lazy about the no-drinks-near-your-scrapbooking-supplies rule, you might want to rethink that. Unless, of course, you're trying to get rid of some of your stash and just adore the smell of coffee 24/7!
AnniePanda and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:42 PM   #48
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my goodness, Cheryl! Well, that's quite an adventure! Good tip about the no drinks. I have an old CM cut holder bolted to the desk. Now I will be even more careful around it, it can only be so secure so you never know. My favorite is caramel macchiato!

2019 OLW= Light

Old 02-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #49
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday everyone. Thanks for your kind wishes. My back is a lot better today. I didn't go to golf and am taking it easy. A little sitting, standing and resting. The spasms have gone which is good.

Cheryl....eek. I usually take a drink into my craft room and put it away from my table, but recently I've had it next to where I am working and often think "what if I knock that over". I did some spraying the other day and didn't move something and everything got covered. I am being careless and your reminder is timely. I like coffee (especially latte) but I would not like my LOs or cards to be covered in one.

Sleep well everyone and happy scrapping. I am making a list of challenges and checking out ideas for my LOs.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #50
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleysgirl View Post
Here are most of the pages I have been working on this month. All from our annual family lake vacation last summer. My husband and his extended family have been doing this for 37 years to Bull Shoals Lake in Arkansas. The hardest part of doing this each year is to narrow down the pics and use lots of pictures per page so I don't end up with an entire album of one vacation from same spot year after year. I am so glad to see how much it means to the next generation now that some of them are old enough to decide whether they can put it on their calendars themselves. This year brought people from as far west as New Mexico and from as far east as Alabama.
The Crazy Crew Continues... hmmm I should have used that for a title! Ha!

So great to have family traditions such as this. I loved going through your LOs for the album. Looks such fun. TFS Happy day Amy

Last edited by Lmn; 02-13-2019 at 09:41 PM..
Shirleysgirl likes this post.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #51
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone heard from Sharon? Hope she's ok...miss her and she's not been on other threads. Maybe she's away...I can't remember.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #52
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's one from me today - Shrimp and Feta

2019 OLW= Light

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #53
Glitter Guru

Other than saying she will not get much done in February, I have not seen Sharon but then since I am not here often that is totally understandable.

I have reservations as to how much I will get done this month, that 19 layouts seems like a lofty goal with all that has been going on so far.

Both hubby and I have head colds.....man talk about not feeling like doing anything!!!

Plus we have put Hospice palliative treatment in place for hubby. With his dementia our days can be really good, just fine, or totally lousy, to stress-full. Always the most stress if over the week ends when he can not do anything to help himself.

Now we have people in place that are available 24/7, nurses with Doctors ready to help without leaving home. This can also be long term care with the option of going off of it for a time.

Anywho, not much scrapping going on here until we find our new normal.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #54
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpom View Post
Has anyone heard from Sharon? Hope she's ok...miss her and she's not been on other threads. Maybe she's away...I can't remember.
I notice one of our Sharons was online today, but I PMed the other one (smadson) last week and she said she was in a place where she couldn't get access to the internet very often. Not sure how long she'll be there but we'll probably hear from her when we least expect it - LOL!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #55
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the update Cheryl. I did think that she had said that she would be away and not able to scrap much this month. Seems strange without her on here.

Sharon (Sewflake)...sending you lots of hugs. You have such a lot on your shoulders. I hope that you and your hubby get over your colds quickly. Don't worry about your goal. I have decided that I am not going to beat myself up anymore on goals and if I get time, I will do scrapping/cardmaking. I am trying to ensure that each day I do something that fills me with joy. Life is too short.

On that note....do we just have our scrapping goals and the Variety challenge now? I know Sharon used to host the stash challenge. I wondered whether we were going to have the additional ones? I am finding I need direction with craft at present. I am happy to host a challenge now and again as I know that everyone is busy. At the end of the day I am just happy to be part of this thread and don't wish to put pressure on anyone...just was wondering. Ignore me...LOL

Well time for me to do the school arvo run and collect the poppets and bring them here. Their other grandmother is on holiday overseas so I am on duty this week and for the next few for a few days. Love seeing their little faces. Bye for now and sleep well.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:15 PM   #56
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Valentine's Day and Thursday everyone....may your day be filled with love and joy.

Lela, thank you putting up new challenges. I didn't wish to create you more work and feel bad. I did notice later that you have 4 challenges listed for the month....thanks again for hosting and also Cheryl as I know you ladies have very full lives. I am grateful.

I'm standing to post but can sit for longer periods. I'm heading to my craft room soon.

Happy scrapping.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:27 PM   #57
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart February Mini-VSBN

I thought it would be fun this month to Celebrate our "Scrappin' Love" with a (Mini-VSBN - of sorts) starting on Valentines Day. All CHALLENGES are located in the various Challenge Threads, links listed above. Enjoy
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #58
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking No Worries!

Quote:
Happy Valentine's Day and Thursday everyone....may your day be filled with love and joy.

Lela, thank you putting up new challenges. I didn't wish to create you more work and feel bad. I did notice later that you have 4 challenges listed for the month....thanks again for hosting and also Cheryl as I know you ladies have very full lives. I am grateful.

I'm standing to post but can sit for longer periods. I'm heading to my craft room soon.

Happy scrapping.
Jayne, I hope your back is better soon! Sure no fun to be dealing with that. Mine gives me fit on occasion and it's so uncomfortable

I'm going to add (I hope) 1 more challenge, a Pocket Challenge for this month. I like doing them. It just takes time to think ahead.

We're on a "travel reduction" plan for the next month or so for work. Makes doing the job catching up with clients very difficult BUT awesome to be home for a few weeks with no where to go so ...

UNLESS someone else would like to hostess the Challenges for March? Always welcome to be our host, feel free to msg me

Last edited by Lmn; 02-14-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #59
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Lela, I'm good today and the best it's been all week. Phew. I really was worried there for a while as the last time it was weeks before I could do things.

Thanks also for all of the challenges. I will look at the latest one and add it to my list. I love Pocket challenges too as we haven't had one of those for a while and not sure if Melissa is joining in this year.

I am happy to help out with a challenge or even have a go at hosting March but I would probably keep it simple unless you prefer a theme. If you want time out, I don't mind and I guess I would just have to copy the basic format from one of your challenges? I will pm you.

Have a wonderful day everyone. It's Friday...the weekend is here. Enjoy and happy scrapping
Old 02-15-2019, 08:21 AM   #60
Die Cut Diva

Lela, thanks for posting all those cool challenges. I usually run out of steam about halfway through the month, so this will hopefully keep me motivated to scrap!
Lmn and Ozpom like this post.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Good Afternoon everybody! (Happy Late Valentine's Day)

Just thought a would post what I have been working on this week...

Joy - Feb 2019 by Annie's Pantry - at Splitcoaststampers
OLW: Joy
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:04 AM   #62
Proud Fan Club Member

Lela and everyone. Look lol. I’ve brought my stash downstairs to work on a LO of the poppets at swimming class last year. Going in my YIR album and a full LO. I finally finished sorting my photos and out of the 700+ printed there were a lot of duplicates. What a waste of printing and money. I’m determined to start. Lela I’m using a CTMH pack I bought 2 years ago.

Thank you everyone for your support and for producing beautiful LOs. You are amazing and I’m grateful to be part of this group. Hugs and happy weekend
Old 02-16-2019, 02:44 AM   #63
Proud Fan Club Member

oops...I forgot to add the photo LOL. I'm thinking/planning. I wish I had some Flamingos....our DGD has a photo of one on her bathers LOL

Happy day
Old 02-16-2019, 05:29 AM   #64
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I wish I had some Flamingos.
Oh, Jayne, I can stamp some up for you and send them! Good idea to just bring out enough supplies to get you going. I have found that if I just select some supplies I have a better chance of avoiding extreme indecision and actually work up a page.

2019 OLW= Light

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #65
Proud Fan Club Member

Joyce Ann I received your email thank you. I did send my address via a pm on this site but will email you with it again separately. Thank you so much for the offer. I appreciate it but I'm sure that a friend has flamingos and I will check my stash. I'm sure I will have a sticker or something in there. I know I have some project life cards with flamingoes on and maybe I can fussy cut one. I'll reply to you via email.

Well I am motivated....at last. Here's how it finished up last night and I'm still playing around with the papers and will then choose the embellishments. The hardest thing is going to be a one word title but I've got something in mind unless anyone can suggest something.

Joyce Ann I did find it easier to just choose a paper pack that went with the photos and nothing else to get me started. I also loved doing a 12x12....it's been too long and with the mini albums, as much as I enjoy doing them, there's never enough space to work with...not with my style lol.

I started on the opposite side of the paper which is a light grey with tiny hearts on and stencilled circles to make bubbles. It looked ok but when I chose my papers, it didn't pop. I turned the paper over and am so happy now with this. I still have to mat the photos but it's this first step that I find the hardest. I've also gone back to my original technique of using patterned paper for borders and keeping it simple. Well, as simple as I can do lol.

The papers and kit are making it easier for me and I am determined to use up my stash.

Unfortunately it will be tomorrow arvo before I get back to it as we are out all day today but I wanted to share my thought process so far with you all and any ideas you have, please let me know.

Thanks for taking time to "listen". Happy Sunday. Sleep well.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #66
Proud Fan Club Member

Me again....The photo doesn't do the green BG justice...it's very green.

I've just watched a YouTube video by a girl called Laura Rahel Crosby. Oh my. She shared 10 LOs that she did as part of the 100 Day Challenge. I seem to think one of you ladies did this challenge...was it you Lela? Wow her LOs are beautiful. She also mentioned that she finds techniques from the following....

Rachel Tallman, hey Elsie, Suse Fish, Kelly Purkey, InKy Quill and Int Landgraf. I'm going to check them out.

Not that we need any more YouTube videos to watch, but I'm all for learning. Bye for now.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:54 PM   #67
Die Cut Diva

Busy day with a PTA meeting, kids' karate class, dentist appointment for one of the kids, helping my son with his science fair project (due Tuesday but he forgot so we just started it today), and belated Valentine's dinner with my hubby, but I still got a page scrapped - woohoo! I'm feeling too tired to post it now but I will get it in the gallery tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and getting some scrapping in.
sewflake and Ozpom like this post.
Old Yesterday, 04:34 AM   #68
Proud Fan Club Member

I checked out the suggestions on YouTube and half of them have nothing to do with scrapping.....ignore the suggestion in my last post. Enjoy your day
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM   #69
Glitter Guru

OK, now I am going to have to check out the suggested YouTube videos just to see what they are if not scrapping!! LOL
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM   #70
Glitter Guru

OK, there are a couple that have nothing to do with crafting but I found a couple that I will like to check out further.