Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #121
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up WE'RE MOVING!!!

We have finally worked out how to move!! We couldn't sell the house a got a really strong feeling when we prayed that we should keep the unit (hence the down turn in the market). It also means we can buy in our new city easier if we have another property behind us. We have refinanced and consolidated all debts into one loan, and now have the mean's in which to pack up an leave. We are now right at the top, middle of Australia. We are moving about 3/4 of the way up the east coast, near the pointy bit lol.

I have enough time to get my pages this month done, but might have to skip next months, as most of it will be saying good bye to the last 18 years of my life, and driving down there (3 day's if we don't visit anything on the way).

SO EXCITED!! I have only lived in two places my whole life, but it is a HUGE insite to seeing how much I have grown, learned and prospered in the last 18 years!!

Jacqui
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #122
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

So happy for you--sounds like your prayers have been answered!

My DH and I visited some friends from Australia a couple of years ago. We stayed for 16 days, mostly in the Sydney area, took a day trip to the Blue Mountains and a 3-day trip to Canberra and that vicinity. Didn't get up north at all!! We loved what we saw, though.

Good luck with your packing and such!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:55 AM   #123
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
How funny...I was thinking about her last week and wondering how she was doing too. I think I remember seeing a while back that they were in the process of moving again.

Christie is another one I haven't seen here lately either. She has such great layouts. She's been doing lots of cards but no pages lately.
I'm still alive Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to do *any* scrapping this year other than the three baby books I finished up a couple of months ago. I've been kind of sporadic with the card-making too, and I won't be able to do any of that for the rest of the year when our stuff gets packed up next month. Liz and I are both in the process of moving to England

Hubs and I get to go back to the States for a few months before we go to England, so hopefully I'll be able to peruse the galleries and such during that time since I won't get to scrap or stamp. Liz says she'll force me to scrap a LOT more once we're reunited!!

Miss you guys
Old 08-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #124
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy S. View Post
I'm still alive Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to do *any* scrapping this year other than the three baby books I finished up a couple of months ago. I've been kind of sporadic with the card-making too, and I won't be able to do any of that for the rest of the year when our stuff gets packed up next month. Liz and I are both in the process of moving to England

Hubs and I get to go back to the States for a few months before we go to England, so hopefully I'll be able to peruse the galleries and such during that time since I won't get to scrap or stamp. Liz says she'll force me to scrap a LOT more once we're reunited!!

Miss you guys
How lucky are you to get stationed with another friend!!! (we were never that fortunate) And overseas to overseas assignment is a wonderful adventure too. Good luck and best wishes...we'll see you when you're back on track!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #125
Kookie Creator

Got a new page.

I had fun with this, just went with my gut, and just had fun..

Treasure

Jacqui
Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #126
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Miss you guys
It's so good to "see" you! I thought I remembered seeing you 2 were going to be able to get together. That's really cool! We will look forward to your pages once Liz makes you scrap again! Good luck on your moves!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #127
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beksmum View Post
We have finally worked out how to move!! We couldn't sell the house a got a really strong feeling when we prayed that we should keep the unit (hence the down turn in the market). It also means we can buy in our new city easier if we have another property behind us. We have refinanced and consolidated all debts into one loan, and now have the mean's in which to pack up an leave. We are now right at the top, middle of Australia. We are moving about 3/4 of the way up the east coast, near the pointy bit lol.

I have enough time to get my pages this month done, but might have to skip next months, as most of it will be saying good bye to the last 18 years of my life, and driving down there (3 day's if we don't visit anything on the way).

SO EXCITED!! I have only lived in two places my whole life, but it is a HUGE insite to seeing how much I have grown, learned and prospered in the last 18 years!!

Jacqui
Congrats Jacqui! So glad to see things are going well for you finally! Have fun with your move!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #128
Forum Fanatic

Here is page #5 from me..........TFL
happily ever after by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Old 08-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #129

Yay, Jacqui and Candy -- nice pages!

Nice to see your face, Christy! I look forward to the day you're settled and we can see more. I love seeing your pages of the sights you get to see!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #130
Kookie Creator

Thank you ladies for your congrat's and best wishes. We seem to be leaving earlier and earlier... but it will definately be in Septemeber.

There just seems to be so much to do and get finished, but it will work itself out. We have been mostly ready for 3 months now.

Can't WAIT to get all me stamps, stamp pads, card stock's, SBP, ribbons etc out of storage when I get there. There will be NO stopping me once I have them out!!!!!!

So tired, must get active before I fall asleep at my desk,
J
Old 08-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #131
Gallery Gazer

Hey...anymore info on a VSBN? There was a thread started in the VSBN section. Seems lots of ladies are anxiously awaiting an update as to when the next one might take place?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #132
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Ladies!
Am super inspired by the pages I see you all accomplishing! Well done!! I've been playing with masks (making mine on the Cricut) and then Smooch spritzing over them or putting them behind the layout and sanding lightly to create an embossed image. Been very messy, but very fun!

Happy Back to School to my American friends!
My kids have til the first week of September so we're soaking in the sunshine and camping and family time right now! Not getting much scrapping done though am averaging 3 pages/week and have even started playing with cards since I am IN LOVE WITH the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge for easy-peasy lemon-squeazy cards in about 15 minutes! For those of you who know me, you know that cards are my kryptonite and I totally envy you cardmaking girls! So... this is new fun for me!

Happy Scrapping!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #133
Forum Fanatic

I did this one for the Variety challenge this week. It is actually the 3rd paper page I've made this month will try to get the others uploaded later, that makes 8 so far this month............I'm back Oh ya I forgot this is for my "All American" album I started last year, I was looking through it the other day and realized I had enough space left for 7 pages....only 6 more to go.
An American legend..........the cowboy! by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #134
Hardware Hotshot

I finished a little mini album for a friend of mine who is pregnant to journal her fourth pregnancy.

Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Old 08-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #135
Die Cut Diva

Have I really not posted in this thread all month? Well, I am still alive! My Aug goal is 5, and I will be back to check the gallery this weekend!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #136
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
Hey...anymore info on a VSBN? There was a thread started in the VSBN section. Seems lots of ladies are anxiously awaiting an update as to when the next one might take place?
Hey Terri, I just posted in the other thread too that we're finishing up ideas for our next VSBN. We're hoping to finalize a new plan very shortly Stay Tuned!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #137

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I plan on getting a few pages done today. I have worked in the yard all morning so now it is time to play in my scrap room!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: Apr. 0/12 Mar 7/7 YTD 19/120
Old 08-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmn View Post
Hey Terri, I just posted in the other thread too that we're finishing up ideas for our next VSBN. We're hoping to finalize a new plan very shortly Stay Tuned!
Yipee..........

Patti
Old 08-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #139

Quote:

Miss you guys
Great to "see" you! Glad that all is well. How cool you will be with Liz! Tell her hi for me and you two drop in once in awhile!!!

Patti
Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee3357 View Post
I finished a little mini album for a friend of mine who is pregnant to journal her fourth pregnancy.

Your album is great and will make a wonderful gift! Good job!

Patti
Old 08-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #141
Die Cut Diva

I posted a couple more Yosemite layouts in the gallery, and I have one sitting on my scrapdesk that is about half done, but I can't keep my mind on scrapping. We're house hunting, and I think we found the right house yesterday. It has a little room right off the family room that I can use as a scraproom. So excited, in a "oh no, now I have to pack up and move the whole house" kinda way!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #142
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I'm getting really frustrated with this site. No matter what I try, my posts just WILL NOT show up! sheesh!!! Anyway, I love this little album. I especially love the "baby bump" journalling tag. Great job.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 08-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #143
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies! I haven't even been on SCS except to post my monthy scrap goals. Now that camp is over and I am attempting to get back into "normal" life, and school is about to start...my parents have another Japanese student for a month so I am scrambling to get her book done before she goes back.
I just counted tho, and have reached my year goal of 144 pages! Her book is about half done so that's exciting. I have a few pages of my own on my blog but havne't uploaded anything here since they changed the size requirements.
So, expect to see something from me soon and I really must catch up on your work too!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #144

It's really a nice thing for you to make that scrapbook for the Japanese student. That's no small favor! I look forward to seeing some of your pages again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizees View Post
Hi ladies! I haven't even been on SCS except to post my monthy scrap goals. Now that camp is over and I am attempting to get back into "normal" life, and school is about to start...my parents have another Japanese student for a month so I am scrambling to get her book done before she goes back.
I just counted tho, and have reached my year goal of 144 pages! Her book is about half done so that's exciting. I have a few pages of my own on my blog but havne't uploaded anything here since they changed the size requirements.
So, expect to see something from me soon and I really must catch up on your work too!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hooked View Post
I'm getting really frustrated with this site. No matter what I try, my posts just WILL NOT show up! sheesh!!! Anyway, I love this little album. I especially love the "baby bump" journalling tag. Great job.
That's really weird. I can't imagine what the problem might be. It's been quite a while that you've been complaining about that. At least you can send PMs!!

I really like that little mini album too! She did a great job, huh?

Old 08-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #146
Die Cut Diva

It is strange, isn't it. I can post in the forum, no problem. I can send PM's, no problem. But no matter what, my posts will not show up when wanting to comment on all the beautiful work going on here. So ladies -- I do look at your work, I do admire your work, I do love your work -- I just can't tell you that!
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Old 08-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #147
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hooked View Post

I know I'd be frustrated if I were you. Have you gone through 'Your Control Panel' (when you click on you name at the top of the page) and double checked everything? I was trying to look and I'm really clueless as to what can be wrong. I thought maybe the PROFILE PRIVACY area ~ I have mine on Registered Members or maybe EDIT OPTIONS. Other than that you should contact SCS. I see that UNDERSTANDBLUE is a SCS Community Manager, maybe she can help. Good luck!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #148
Die Cut Diva

I used to leave comments all the time, but will just keep trying. Will contact a mod if it continues.
My Gallery
Old 08-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #149
Kookie Creator

Quote:

That album is so very cute!! I wish I had had something like that for my first pregnancy, cause I have forgotten so many of the amazing moments. I will have to make sure I have one for the secont.

Your friend is very loved, and very lucky.

Jac
Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 AM   #150
Gallery Gazer

First day of school today but I still have my DH home today and Tuesday...no peace and quiet until Wednesday...then brief since Wednesday's are early out days...Thursday will be my first 'regular school' day I'm hoping to get to start scrapping on a regular basis this school year...that's this momma's goal!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 View Post
First day of school today but I still have my DH home today and Tuesday...no peace and quiet until Wednesday...then brief since Wednesday's are early out days...Thursday will be my first 'regular school' day I'm hoping to get to start scrapping on a regular basis this school year...that's this momma's goal!

Have a wonderful day!
That sounds like a great goal for Momma!

I remember those days when I counted the days until back to school!! Here in AZ my DGDs have already been back for a few weeks, but each school district here has their own schedule. When my kids were in school in NY, it started the day after Labor Day weekend. My son's birthday was Sept. 7th, so he got noticed right away (birthday cupcakes!!)

Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #152
Die Cut Diva

Hey Wendy in Sunny AZ -- just how sunny and hot is it in AZ? I heard rumours that it was 110 F. Is that right? If so, man I'm gonna cook.
My Gallery
Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hooked;
Hey Wendy in Sunny AZ -- just how sunny and hot is it in AZ? I heard rumours that it was 110 F. Is that right? If so, man I'm gonna cook.
That's about right -- 110 or so! Luckily, everything is air conditioned, so you should be OK most of the time. If you do any touring, though, you might experience some of the heat. Be sure to use sun screen when you're out and drink water!

Looking forward to seeing you on the 24th!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #154

Another page for my Disney album. This works for the cluster and recoloring digi-challenges:

Say Cheese

Old 08-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #155

Default FREEBIE ALERT for Digi Scrappers!!

Last night I came across this digi FREEBIE offer from Designer Digitals. I don't think it's going to be available much longer (not sure), but it's well worth a look!

Digital Scrapbooking »Scrapbook Inspirations Idea Book Summer Giveaway

Old 08-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #156
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
Last night I came across this digi FREEBIE offer from Designer Digitals. I don't think it's going to be available much longer (not sure), but it's well worth a look!

Thanks Wendy this is great!!
please visit my
GALLERY
Old 08-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by taca410 View Post
Thanks Wendy this is great!!
Yeah, I thought it was awesome!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #158
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post

Wow! What an awesome find! Thanks for sharing....
Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #159
Hardware Hotshot

Hi all! How have you been? Sounds like busy! Thanks for the link Wendy! I'm downloading at the moment! Haven't been to that site before. Haven't really been to any digi site for some time now. Just haven't been doing digi lately. I did have some digi pages printed out in 8x8 format and wasn't really pleased with them. I am wondering whether or not to continue. I have to do something tho since I really want to put all my vintage photos into a book for my siblings. That means 3 books! I want all the originals paper scrapped in my books for their protection. Just trying to re-think what I want to do!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Old 08-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #160
Hardware Hotshot

Actually I just followed Wendy's link and found that they connect with Shutterfly and do 8x8 books. Has anyone had their LO's printed in a book like that? Any suggestions? The problems that I had with the digi LO's I had printed was that the journaling was way too small to read even tho it was fine on my screen! Also, one of the LO's which looked great on my screen was way too dark on the print. Here is a link to the one that turned out so dark. As you can see, it was fine but in the print I can barely make out my dgd's face!

Easter 2010 by grammawamma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I am just afraid that if I get a book some of the LO's will turn out bad and it will be too late to change it then!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16