Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #161  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I'm sorry to hear that...it sounded like the perfect fit for you too! Good luck on your search.

I've got a pretty definite prospect for another job but it won't be ready until the end of October or November some time. It's pretty much exactly what I'm doing now except I would not have to be answering to anyone other than the 3 partners and they don't want to be bothered with too much of the day to day running. I would have remote access from the workplace and I would get to make my own hours and be home in the mornings and afternoons for DGS so he won't have to go to before and after school child care anymore. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending up prayers that this deal all goes through as planned. It almost sounds too good to be true but I'm really ready for a change.
Wow! Sounds like the perfect situation and I'll say an extra prayer for you that it all goes smoothly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #162  
Gallery Gazer

Another DPS for my goal & this is for Patti's Thursday challenge too:

Easter Egg Dye & Hunt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #163  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Quote:

I'll have to go and check it out. I need to make some cards but don't seem to have any mojo or inspiration to get going (you know it's not digi )
LOL.... yup, not much has changed at my house, I am still addicted to paper... LOL!

Will be sending hopes and prayers for the new job though... maybe you too will have more time for paper... LOL!
OLW: Joy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #164  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Here are a few of my favorites from my new VSN cards.... (check out my gallery for others)

Party Kids - SEP12VSND

Primarily Cupcake - SEP12VSNM

Razzleberry Pals - SEP12VSNN
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #165  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

I threw together two more pages tonight!! I intended to do something for my kids since they spent 20 solid minutes watching my random photo screen saver tonight, enjoying the memories...but then I decided I wanted to play with new photos of my own favorite event of the last few weeks- my 13th wedding anniversary! LOL! But hey, two more pages done, and that's always happy!

Greenshow
Les Mis

The background photo is also from our trip, the whole freeway on our three hour drive was lined with these sunflowery wild flowers! ...not sure why one page turned more blue and the other more green, both are at 50% opacity...I might work on that later, LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #166  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear that...it sounded like the perfect fit for you too! Good luck on your search.

I've got a pretty definite prospect for another job but it won't be ready until the end of October or November some time. It's pretty much exactly what I'm doing now except I would not have to be answering to anyone other than the 3 partners and they don't want to be bothered with too much of the day to day running. I would have remote access from the workplace and I would get to make my own hours and be home in the mornings and afternoons for DGS so he won't have to go to before and after school child care anymore. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending up prayers that this deal all goes through as planned. It almost sounds too good to be true but I'm really ready for a change.
I will keep my fingers crossed that you get the job!! It DOES sound awesome!! I worked from home for many years, and am really missing it lately! Good luck!!

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #167  
Gallery Gazer

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I've been fighting a loosing battle with a headcold all week so I'm off to take a nap. I just got done leaving some luv in the gallery but I'm further behind than I thought, hopefully I'll get caught up in a few days. I have a page in progress but am too drowsy to continue...so nap, make dinner, then scrap is the rest of the day's schedule!

See ya around!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #168  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3FriesView Post
Question - what is your favourite way to scrap? Double page spreads or single pages?

I realized as I was working on that last album that I was really hating forcing myself to do double pages (so that I could make the work of the album easier and quicker). I rather like doing single pages with sometimes even only one photo now - maybe its a fad? ;)

I love doing single pages!! Mostly because I don't take many photos, and I don't make 12 page albums of one event. My goal is to make pages for an album of my grandkids early years, when mom and dad are too busy, too tired or just don't take picutes often. One album may span a year or more and they may not even be in chronological order.

I do find making a double layout much easier when I have lots of photos to choose from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #169  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Eeee gads!!! I can't believe how fast that week went...I thought this was a reposting of the Thursday challenge but it's a new one...I must be in a time warp of some kind :-D
After reading this I went back to look at the Thursday challenge as I thought it was the one I had read! Fast week and I didn't get a page done for any of the challenges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #170  
Glitter Guru

I put the finishing touch on my page, now I will clean my space and start a new layout......... after I check out the gallery and the challenges!

Learning new things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #171  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Haven't had time to leave much love so far. Trying to make a list so we can "clean up" the digi gallery.

Re the question about preference between single and double pages: Generally, I make more single pages because I'm often doing a challenge and it just seems faster, but I do like it when I open my albums and there's a dps staring at me. It just looks better and more complete. But both are OK!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #172  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I've been fighting a loosing battle with a headcold all week so I'm off to take a nap. I just got done leaving some luv in the gallery but I'm further behind than I thought, hopefully I'll get caught up in a few days. I have a page in progress but am too drowsy to continue...so nap, make dinner, then scrap is the rest of the day's schedule!

See ya around!
I do hope your nap helped Mary Pat. Even though I have not had a cold since I retired three years ago I still remember what it was like working when you don't feel well. Naps are one of the best things for a cold!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #173  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I do hope your nap helped Mary Pat. Even though I have not had a cold since I retired three years ago I still remember what it was like working when you don't feel well. Naps are one of the best things for a cold!!
Aw, thanks Sharon. Didn't get into a good sleep & I can't find my energy today. DH took DDs to movies so I didn't have to make dinner...did a few things but now off to veg in bed in front of tv then back to sleep...maybe a scrappy day tomorrow. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #174  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Hello Sept Scrappers!

Quote:

Anyone hanging around today?
I absolutely can't believe it's the 24th already ... whew! This month flew by. I wished I was scrapping today but I went to the March of Dimes Walk for Babies Annual Charity Walk this morning. It was really nice event. I was on a team w/ a friend whose DGS was in NICU for several monthes. He was on one of the posters. It was also held at the zoo so it was a fun walk.

This afternoon I joined a Photography Club and it was Sept Meeting. It was fun too, different. I think I'm going to like it because they have challenges to get you out taking pictures ... preferably in the Park System since it's sponsored by the County Parks but you don't have to. This month is "barns" as the theme so that will be neat to see what I can come up with. Now that the kids don't live at home, figured I needed to find more photo opportunities, LOL!

I have 27 pages done for our L.O.A.D challenge this month (thanks to a mid-month CROP day) but I'm not sure I'll get any done this week as I have work guests in from Mexico. Here's my latest pages:

It's a Zoo Around Here

Home, ain't it the life?

Simple Pleasures

big boy bed

**I think the challenge I'm going to take on for October is to do "older" pictures. I didn't start scrapping until 2002 so I just went forward for the most part. Every once in awhile I dig out older picts but really need to get them done. **
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #175  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
I absolutely can't believe it's the 24th already ... whew! This month flew by. I wished I was scrapping today but I went to the March of Dimes Walk for Babies Annual Charity Walk this morning. It was really nice event. I was on a team w/ a friend whose DGS was in NICU for several monthes. He was on one of the posters. It was also held at the zoo so it was a fun walk.

This afternoon I joined a Photography Club and it was Sept Meeting. It was fun too, different. I think I'm going to like it because they have challenges to get you out taking pictures ... preferably in the Park System since it's sponsored by the County Parks but you don't have to. This month is "barns" as the theme so that will be neat to see what I can come up with. Now that the kids don't live at home, figured I needed to find more photo opportunities, LOL!

I have 27 pages done for our L.O.A.D challenge this month (thanks to a mid-month CROP day) but I'm not sure I'll get any done this week as I have work guests in from Mexico. Here's my latest pages:

It's a Zoo Around Here

Home, ain't it the life?

Simple Pleasures

big boy bed

**I think the challenge I'm going to take on for October is to do "older" pictures. I didn't start scrapping until 2002 so I just went forward for the most part. Every once in awhile I dig out older picts but really need to get them done. **
Girl, you're getting me beat with this L.O.A.D. challenge & you have a full-time job! I'm such a slow scrapper! But the 'challenge' has made me get done more than I have in the past...hopefully I can keep up the pace. Next month's challenge to myself is to do all digi pages...should be interesting! A photography club sounds like fun, I've notice your photos are fabulous so you've got an eye, enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #176  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotten another 2 pages done for the 40 Days of Scrapping Purpose at Divine Digital. I am beginning to think this event is to create an album of yourself...it's getting extremely harder as each day goes by!

Seize the Moment
Overcome Adversity

This makes me OVER my yearly goal! Feels good to have achieved that already. Now off to bed as I'm sure someone will come looking for me shortly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #177  

It is my turn for the Tuesday Digital Challenge tomorrow! Remember this challenge is for traditional paper scrappers and hybrid scrappers too...and it would make a cool traditional page I think! Enjoy! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with

DGSC082� A layer just like the one before - 9/24/12 by 3Fries at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #178  

Default Final Task for Sept Progressive Challenge has been posted!

Looks like an awesome challenge, Terri!

And here's where you can find the Final-Task 4 of the progressive challenge. All scrappers are always welcome to do one as well. A new one will start for October on Oct. 2nd.

Everyone is welcome to do any of the challenges at any time. For the progressive challenges, though, be sure to start at Task 1 for whatever month you try!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #179  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

This makes me OVER my yearly goal! Feels good to have achieved that already.

YEAH FOR TERRY!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #180  
Gallery Gazer

WHEW!!! Finally caught up in the gallery! Such fantastic pages in there. I'm catching up on my To Do list and the girls have off tomorrow so it may be a scrappy day...or a beach day...not sure yet :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #181  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 178 Likes on 153 Posts

Quote:

I've gotten another 2 pages done for the 40 Days of Scrapping Purpose at Divine Digital. I am beginning to think this event is to create an album of yourself...it's getting extremely harder as each day goes by!

Seize the Moment
Overcome Adversity

This makes me OVER my yearly goal! Feels good to have achieved that already. Now off to bed as I'm sure someone will come looking for me shortly
Congrats on reaching your goal and with awesome pages at that!! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #182  
Gallery Gazer

Got some time with DGS out at his first cub scout pack meeting tonight to work on challenge #5 at Divine Digital. We were to listen to a youtube video for inspiration. It's a lovely song.

Bloom

These challenges are getting harder. Not used to looking into myself for anything like this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #183  

I finally got my page done for Molly's "Stretch Your Sketch" challenge from early September:

Science Project (DGSC079) by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my finished page for the Sept. Progressive Challenge too:

Wendella247-FINAL TASK 4-SEPT 2012 Prog. Chall. by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Now, I'm off to the gallery to leave some love!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #184  

Finally my page for last Thus. challenge..............

DSC00823_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #185  
Gallery Gazer

Boy...this daily thing is brutal! I need to do 4 more layouts by Sunday and then I'll be 7 behind :( Oh well...it is interesting! Day #6 was to do a page by something or someone that inspires us. The one thing that inspires me the most is Nature...one of God's gifts to us.

Inspired by Nature

Off to bed now...Rufus is snoring in his crate...glad I don't have to sleep with him

Last edited by eeddmm; 09-26-2012 at 06:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #186  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:

WooHoo!! Yay for you Terry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #187  

Inspired by Patti's Thursday challenge from last week! Thanks for another fun one Patti!

ThursFS0920 3Fries - London Tube by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #188  

Fall...Fall...Fall
I love fall...........here is Thursdays challenge

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #189  

My page for Thursdays challenge!

DSC00836_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #190  
Forum Fanatic

Page #4 for this month looks like I might not reach my goal.
Sept. task #4 by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #191  
Gallery Gazer

Getting ready to start a page...anyone around this evening?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #192  

Quote:

Getting ready to start a page...anyone around this evening?
I might do some scrappin tonight! I also need to get some cards made.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #193  
Gallery Gazer

I got this done the other day...the colors though they aren't that bright to begin with...need to find a new way to photograph my pages.

TFL!

EASTER 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #194  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 178 Likes on 153 Posts

Not sure because my DGS is coming for the weekend! BUT I did buy some DSP today and on Wednesday and last Saturday too...just what I need...but it was on sale. What's a scrapper to do?

I have been working on a slider, pop-up Holloween ATC for a swap next month. Down to the hard part of cutting out the top part that slides and then just assemble.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #195  
Gallery Gazer

Another page completed tonight...yeah! I have another 3/4 done but time for bed...geesh, I'm such a slow scrapper!

First Reconciliation
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #196  

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alright then...

I did 10 pages this September!

Creative Crew are doing "Stepped up" items for Oct check in on Oct 1st to see
Starters

Starters Stepped up! These women are real STARTERS! they start things follow through and become inspirational leaders!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #197  
Polyshrink Goddess

Loving the progressive challenge. I got this page done through the month playing along. Was planning to have another done, but the days have gotten away and barely got the 1 done.

scpr4_task4 by beetle76 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #198  
Glitter Guru

I have two more pages done for the month. I will wait until morning to take my pictures then I'll have to wait till later in the day to post.

I still have not gotten pictures together to do the Thursday challenges. I'm still working from "kits" I put together at the beginning of the month. I will have to find some fall pictures and papers.

The I need to check the progressive challenge too........... Like Mary Pat, I'm a slow scrapper too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #199  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Last day of the month and I have only done 4 layouts, but I have another one on my desk, so I think I'll make it to 5. I am for sure going to do a LOAD challenge in October, so feel free to bug me if I start falling behind! ;) Here are my latest two. Wish the rest of my month was as productive as this weekend.

Disney

Extravaganza

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #200  
Gallery Gazer

Well, September comes to an end and although I did not make my L.O.A.D. challenge I did complete 15 pages which has got to be a record for me...so all in all a very good month!
Reply With Quote Likes