Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Scrapbook Goals (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-goals-200/)
-   -   October Scrappin' and Chatter -- sbc18oct (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-goals-200/october-scrappin-chatter-sbc18oct-626321/)

Lmn 09-30-2018 09:36 PM

October Scrappin' and Chatter -- sbc18oct

Scrappin' Challenge 2018 Can you believe this is our 10th year of Scrappin' Goal Challenge?! We sure completed an AWESOME number of pages together in 2009 through 2017 and I'm looking forward to MORE Scrap pages together in 2018! Let's keep scrappin'.

It was SO fun to chat about and see everyone's pages, goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2018! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

What fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends. Our scrap goal isn't all about getting pages done, it's also about enjoying the process! Please feel free to join at any time!

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person can share their page goals, pages and ideas. for those of use who like Annual Goals, we will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month.

*In this thread, we track our monthly goals. We find it helps us keep getting pages done which is good for all of us.

You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 2, 3, 5, 50 pages....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number one month or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget. Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar!

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done all the while enjoying sharing with Virtual Friends.

Are you UP for the CHALLENGE? Come and Play in the 2018 Scrapbook Challenge! Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends!

We'd love to "oohh" and "aahh" over your pages so please post with key word "sbc18oct"

Lmn 09-30-2018 09:38 PM

October Scrappers

:D:D:D

Jayne (scs Ozpom) - *Traveling !
Liz (scs Elizabeth G) - *Cruise!
Andy (scs Andy99) - 6
Michele (scs DRStamper) -
Sharon (scs Sewflake) - 18
Anavon (scs Annie’s Pantry) - 6
JoyceAnn (scs AnniePanda) - 10
Lela (scs Lmn) - 60
Amy (scs ShirleysGirl) -
Sharon (scs SMadson) - 7
Patti (scs PrincessP1971) -
Lynn (scs FMCrafter) -
Kelly ( scs ScrappinCEO) -
Cheryl (scs Motherload) - 8

Lmn 09-30-2018 09:40 PM

October Challenges

It's VSBN Month!!

HOORAY for HOLLYWOOD!

We have a TERRIFIC List of Fun Challenges Monthly ... come and play!!

Scraplift Challenge - Posted Monthly

Scrap18Oct posted here

Variety Challenge - (it's BACK!) - Posted Monthly

Stash Challenge - (it's BACK!) - Posted Monthly

Life In Pockets Challenge - (NEW!) - Posted Monthly --

Sketch Challenge - Posted Monthly

Word of the Year Challenge - Posted the first Week of each Month

Lmn 09-30-2018 09:43 PM

YTD Scrappers through September 2018

YTD Through September 2018

:):):)

Michele (scs DRStamper) -
Lynn (scs FMCrafter) -
Liz (SCS Elizabeth G.) - 73
Joyce Anne (scs AnniePanda) - 94
Sharon (scs Sewflake) - 144
Andy (scs Andy99) - 244
Patti (scs PrincessP1971 ) -
Anavon (scs Annie's Pantry) - 30
Lela (scs Lmn) - 323
Jayne (scs Ozpom) - (Traveling)
Amy (scs ShirleysGirl) -
Sharon (scs SMadson) - 53
Cheryl (scs motherload) -

AnniePanda 10-01-2018 12:50 AM

I welcome October! Looking forward to our new challenges and conversations with my scrappy friends.

My goal is for 10 pages this month. I exceeded my goal last month and brought my YTD up 94.

Elizabeth G. 10-01-2018 05:09 AM

Good morning! Gosh, September flew by fast. I did manage to get 10 pages done, but I didn't have time to photograph them. I will try to do that as I did complete some of the challenges from last month.

This month, we are going on a two-week cruise, so today and tomorrow I will be cleaning up my craft room to stage with cruise clothing, gear, and costumes. We are doing a Disney Halloween cruise! My daughter will also be celebrating her 13th birthday while on board. I can't believe I'm going to be a mom to a teenager at the end of the month. It seems like just yesterday I was scrapbooking her pulling up on the couch and taking her first steps. *sniff*

So, my goal for this month is to relax on my vacation and have fun! I should have LOADS of inspiration for November when I return. If I manage to get everything packed in a timely manner, I might be able to do a page or two before I go. ;)

October: Cruise!
YTD: 73

sewflake 10-01-2018 10:01 AM

I'm here and on day one!!

I ended up with 22 for September - thanks to another crop

will set my goal for October 18? ...................I will need to set a high goal to make my yearly goal, and we all know how hectic the end of the year gets.

YYD - 144

sewflake 10-01-2018 10:02 AM

Oh wait!! Hold on......I only set my goal at 150 this year!!! 6 more to make it!!!!!!
That takes the pressure off!!

Lmn 10-01-2018 03:20 PM

Wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 21724456)
Oh wait!! Hold on......I only set my goal at 150 this year!!! 6 more to make it!!!!!!
That takes the pressure off!!

Just think! You're going to surpass your goal this month :D

AnniePanda 10-02-2018 08:56 AM

My 1st layout for October - and the last page for the St. August album.
SA Lighthouse - jai by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers

Elizabeth G. 10-02-2018 12:21 PM

Finally got around to taking some photos of my most current layouts AND I cleaned my craft room. Now I can start packing for our trip! But first, I must bake some cookies. ;)

I hope everyone is off to a crafty start this month!

Shirleysgirl 10-03-2018 06:18 PM

Not sure what happened to September... I was short of my goal, but finished with 8 for the month. YTD at 112. I’ll set my goal for 10 for October.... but if I get the time and do 13 I will hit my yearly goal as well. VSBN this month will probably help with that. Doesn’t much feel like fall here yet since it was 87 today when I got off work. I’m ready for some bonfires and sweatshirts kind of weather.

AnniePanda 10-04-2018 07:04 AM

For the Scraplift: Day One with Alaina by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers

Andy99 10-04-2018 10:31 AM

Oct goals

I made my goal for Sept with 43 layouts. That makes my YTD 244. My October goal is going to be 6. I need to aim low as I have Halloween costumes to make and 4 birthdays this month. October is crazy.

Motherload 10-05-2018 06:47 AM

VSBN goes live tonight!
Who is going to scrap with us?

smadson 10-05-2018 06:51 AM

I will try! I need jumpstart! I am with you Cheryl!

smadson 10-05-2018 06:57 AM

53/100 done
7 is ny goal this month. I think I am a slow scrapper!

Andy99 10-05-2018 09:40 AM

Vsbn

I'm going to try. My sister will be in town, but she might come work by me.

Elizabeth G. 10-05-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherload (Post 21726114)
VSBN goes live tonight!
Who is going to scrap with us?

I wish I could play along, but my craft table looks like this: https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...77594ba023.jpg

AnniePanda 10-05-2018 02:20 PM

I'm driving 2 hours down the road to a local scrapbook shop Saturday. Leaving first thing in the morning. There are to be 4 make and takes, plus Sparkle and Sprinkle will be there for a Trunk Show.

It's getting late for me to start anything tonight.

Annie's Pantry 10-05-2018 02:56 PM

I am here and so excited for VSBN this month.

My OCTOBER GOAL is 5!

I could give a whole dialog about how busy I have been and why I have been MIA, but I would really rather just put it all behind me and move forward... crafting, scrapping and enjoying some imaginary friend time.

Here are a few things I have been working on... Spooky Scraps by Annie's Pantry - at Splitcoaststampers

Motherload 10-05-2018 03:33 PM

The first three VSBN challenges are live! Come join in the fun. Here's a link to the first challenge:

Hooray for Hollywood!

smadson 10-06-2018 06:35 AM

Your challenge needs a sticky or whatever so it will be at top. It was based to find until you posted here. Are there more. I ave this Layed out but not glued. Are we to chat on your Challenge forum?

smadson 10-06-2018 07:02 AM

I found three challenges. Are there going to be more? Great challenges, Cheryl!

smadson 10-06-2018 08:52 AM

Here is my first one for VSBN.

Lights, Camera, Action

Anyone else scrapping today? I have to leave for a couple of hours but will be back to check the other challenges.

Motherload 10-06-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 21726507)
Your challenge needs a sticky or whatever so it will be at top. It was based to find until you posted here. Are there more? I have this laid out but not glued. Are we to chat on your Challenge forum?

I will ask Lela about getting the old VSBN challenges unstickied (hmm, not sure that's a real word . . unstuck?) so the new ones will come to the top. There are now 7 challenges posted, and I may do one final challenge tomorrow! Feel free to chat on the Hooray for Hollywood thread, and I will create a master thread for all the challenges. Glad you're playing along, Sharon!

Motherload 10-06-2018 10:24 AM

Here's the Master Challenge Thread for VSBN. Use this if you want an overview of all the challenges.

Annie's Pantry 10-06-2018 11:18 AM

Here is my first VSBN layout...

Formal Night... VSBN18OctA by Annie's Pantry - at Splitcoaststampers

are we suppose to post a link to our page over with the challenge itself?

Motherload 10-06-2018 03:19 PM

Yes, please post a link over in the challenge itself. Thanks.

Lmn 10-06-2018 08:20 PM

Done!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherload (Post 21726591)
I will ask Lela about getting the old VSBN challenges unstickied (hmm, not sure that's a real word . . unstuck?) so the new ones will come to the top. There are now 7 challenges posted, and I may do one final challenge tomorrow! Feel free to chat on the Hooray for Hollywood thread, and I will create a master thread for all the challenges. Glad you're playing along, Sharon!

I unstuck the old VSBN so all the new challenges
are at the Top

Sorry Scrappers, I thought I'd be here today chatting and scrapping as I'm at a Crop in Michigan. Unfortunately, the day I flew in (Thursday) , I came down with a cold....so I'm at a Crop and I slept all day :( I did ONE layout, boo! I'm so mad I'm sick

I'm on my way home tomorrow, have a Charity Event, my DS/GF due in Monday night and I leave Tuesday morning for Texas so it looks like me and scrappin' are not happening anytime soon

Motherload 10-06-2018 10:01 PM

Lela, thanks so much for all you did for VSBN, especially creating all those sample pages and putting up with all my requests! So sorry to hear you're not doing well. What a bummer to be at a crop and get nothing done because you were sick. Here's hoping you recover swiftly from your cold.

Motherload 10-07-2018 08:20 AM

Good morning, everyone. I just posted one last challenge for VSBN, this time a sketch. Enjoy!

VSBN18OctH - Sketch the Scene

AnniePanda 10-07-2018 04:10 PM

One for VSBN from me!
Fabulous - jai by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers

Ozpom 10-08-2018 06:54 AM

Happy October everyone and happy scrapping...quick hello as we will be cruising out of Crete soon and heading towards Athens....having an amazing trip but all good things have to end sometimes and ours is next week...1 week to go and home. I shall sleep for days I'm sure and have a house to clean and get back into shipshape and then back to reality. Miss you all and can't wait to see your creations...it may take me a while to get back into things but I will eventually. Take care and happy cruising Liz....happy days everyone. Hugs jxo

AnniePanda 10-08-2018 08:54 AM

Awesome times you are making, Jayne! Look forward to seeing you on a regular basis, and your layouts!

Lmn 10-08-2018 10:25 AM

No Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherload (Post 21726843)
Lela, thanks so much for all you did for VSBN, especially creating all those sample pages and putting up with all my requests! So sorry to hear you're not doing well. What a bummer to be at a crop and get nothing done because you were sick. Here's hoping you recover swiftly from your cold.

No worries! VSBN is one of my favorite things we do ... I was looking through some old ones, wow! We have alot of good stuff ... I'm working on more pages for the challenges ;)

I was so disappointed about the crop though, I actually had a couple days to scrap with my MI Scrappin' Friends and I was sick the whole time I was there. I got 6 pages done and slept alot of it ... oh well, let's hope I can get back in December to see them

AnniePanda 10-08-2018 02:20 PM

Sad for you Lela! That's the breaks sometimes. Bet you are looking forward to December.

Here is another VSBN finished. Tornado Rider by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 10-08-2018 04:49 PM

Another one for me, too: Create

Sorry, Lela you have been sick! Your are on the go so much! But sick at your retreat! Oh, no!
I srapped above of my first retreat, and have been to one other earlier, and one is scheduled for November. I love them. I came home from last one sick, but wasn't sick there.

smadson 10-08-2018 04:51 PM

Lela, I just read how many pages you have done this year! AMAZING! 323!?

Lmn 10-08-2018 06:13 PM

LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 21727747)
Lela, I just read how many pages you have done this year! AMAZING! 323!?

Yes, crazy, it's been a very busy scrap year! I've been on a mission to finish some albums as you know ;)