Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Heart Orange May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may

Scrappin' Challenge 2021 Can you believe this is our 13th year of Scrappin' Goal Challenge?!

We sure completed an AWESOME number of pages together in 2009 through 2020 and I'm looking forward to MORE Scrap pages together in 2021! Let's keep scrappin'. It was SO fun to chat about and see everyone's pages,goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2021! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops... What fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends. Our scrap goal isn't all about getting pages done, it's also about enjoying the process!

Please feel free to join at any time!

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person can share their page goals, pages and ideas. for those of use who like Annual Goals, we will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month. *In this thread, we track our monthly goals. We find it helps us keep getting pages done which is good for all of us. You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 2, 3, 5, 50 pages....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number one month or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget. Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar!

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done all the while enjoying sharing with Virtual Friends. Are you UP for the CHALLENGE?Come and Play in the 2021 Scrapbook Challenge!

Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends! We'd love to "oohh" and "aahh" over your pages so please post with key word "sbc21may"

Last edited by Lmn; 06-02-2021 at 07:40 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Orange May Scrappers

May Scrappers
* come and play *

Jayne (scs Ozpom) -
Amy (scs ShirleysGirl) -
Lela (scs Lmn) - 60
Sharon (scs Sewflake) -
Tanya (scs Daizees) -
Cheryl (scs Motherload) -

Last edited by Lmn; 06-02-2021 at 07:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Orange Work On It Wednesday

Happy 2021 Scrappy SCS Friends

This year instead of "Challenges" we're going to have a new opportunity for Inspiration. It's called,

Working On It Wednesdays

Each Wednesday a Hostess will post an Inspiration Idea, Question, Discussion, Picture, Sketch, Link to a past Challenge, a new challenge ... just something that may inspire a page.

We will keep track of how many each of us participate in by doing a page/card from what's posted. Hopefully at the end of 2021, we'll have 52 more cards or scrap pages from our Wednesday happenings.

I'm hoping by keeping it more casual, we'll get others who are willing to help do a post for the week so it doesn't fall to the same people all the time? It should mix it up some.

All of the Wednesday Posts will be Listed here in our Thread so you don't have to go looking for it.

The Work On It Wednesday Posts will be in the following Post

Last edited by Lmn; 06-02-2021 at 07:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2021, 06:25 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Orange Work On It Wednesday List

March Challenges
030321 - OZPOM - Put A Tag On It
031021 - Motherload - Get Creative with Your Title
031721 - OZPOM - Add Green to your Layout
032421 - OZPOM - Add Ribbon or Buttons
033121 - Shirley'sGirl - SC847 Sketch

February Challenges
020321 - OZPOM - Create a project whether it be a card, scrapbook page, journal page or tag and include at least one recycled object on
021021 - Daizees - Valentine's Day is Sunday. Using supplies that are typical of Valentines, make a layout that is not about Valentines!
021721 - SMadson - I love word play challenges, so my idea is to use items or techniques that begin w/letters in COLD on your project.
022421 - Motherload - SKETCH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #5  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Orange YTD Scrappers through April 2021

YTD Scrap Pages
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2021, 06:30 PM   #6  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Happy (i) NSD!

Hey Gals, I hope all of you are having fun scrapping today .... it's been a fun day here. Finally with vaccines done, it's time to hang out with my BFF for a Crop Weekend .... LOVE!

Just so happy to see her again and finally get some scrappin' MOJO goin' ... looks like we're headed back to work (travel) in July so ... I better get busy while I have time?

I've still got some personal travel days in May so may finally be making more memories / photo moments than scrappin' but woohoo! Still using safety protocols but feeling better about getting out some and great to see family

If I get 20 pages done this month I'll be doin' good ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2021, 05:55 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Great Lea! Glad you are getting to do more of what you love! Hopefully your back is all better now as well.

April goal exceeded with 24 finished!
YTD: 42/125
May Goal: 15
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2021, 12:28 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in and out in May. I am going for 20 this month as I will be going to a crop in less than two weeks.
I fell a little short last month with 10, as mojo got lost...I need to get back in the grove now that I found him.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2021, 01:48 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Love by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers
Bouquet Toss by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers

Two more wedding pages. Both fit Sharon’s B&W challenge since I’m trying to mix in a lot of those pics. They work so well for weddings! The collage one also added to the shapes challenge.

May 2/15
YTD 44/125
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2021, 02:44 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Only finished five layouts in April so I didn't make my goal of ten. Going to try for ten again in May. My YTD is 25 layouts.

Last month Jayne, Sharon, Amy, and I posted Working on It Wednesday challenges. Anyone else want to join in the fun and post a challenge in May?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2021, 11:39 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 149 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks Lela for starting the thread. Will you be posting some of your creations for us to ooh and aaah over? Hope all is going well.

Regarding the Working on it Wednesday is there any way we can have a roster so we all know what’s happening? Perhaps one where we can put our name down and the challenge. As Cheryl says above, it seems to be just a few of us that is keeping it going and we just do it on the day. Some people can’t also find the challenges, plus the April challenges aren’t listed on here. As hostess are you able to advise please or give some of us hostess rights and perhaps we can help take the load and fine tune it so challenges aren’t within the chat thread. At the end of the day I’d prefer to see people scrap than not. Thanks.

Happy scrapping everyone
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2021, 04:00 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s 3 quick pages I've made during the past week following on from our trip in Funchal, Madeira. I did one page on some of the buildings we passed plus the trees that grow bent over due to the wind. The last 2 pages are of our fortified wine tasting at Blandy’s....famous in Madeira. I’m still deciding whether to make the first page a flip uncovering the second. What do you think?

. I decided not to include these in my gallery.
Attached Thumbnails
May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-adc6cb25-dd93-47c5-8915-5b422593c5af.jpg   May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-7eb57005-b552-47b6-93a4-37a94a2d2e1d.jpg  
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne, those are cool pages! I wouldn’t want to cover anything up, but I’m sure it will look great anyway you go!

I’d be willing to help with the Wednesday themed days in any way that is helpful. I dont know the ends and outs of hostessing anything, but I can learn.

I only recently noticed what Jayne has pulled off in another forum with the Mixed, Messy, and Joyful challenge thread. It looks like so much fun and I plan to participate there in the near future as well. I do like how the challenges are listed for easy reference there. Jayne, has that worked well and as you anticipated? The structure of different people volunteering ahead for different weeks looks like that could be helpful here as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Since it was National Scrapbook Day this weekend, I made a point to get some pages done and am up to 7 for the month already! Last month I only got to 3 of my goal of 10, but even falling short Feb-April, I'm satisfied with the fact that I have 45 done for the year! I'm shooting for 15 this month.

This is a four pager, for Jayne's challenge to use more than one. I picked buttons, and have 13 between the four pages. Yeay stash!
Preschool Field Trip 1
Preschool Field Trip 2

I can post some Wednesday ideas too. I have a couple thoughts. And I appreciate your challenges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2021, 11:25 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Finished up the wedding pics unless I decide to go pluck in some more when I get them all in order in the album.

Party Time by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers
& Let’s Dance by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers
Always & Forever by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers

May 6/15
YTD 48/125
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2021, 06:04 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Amy for your kind comment on my pages.

Glad you are going to play in the MMJ challenges. It did get tricky at first having challenges separately as some people were confused and sometimes chatted on there too but we all learnt and it’s improved. The Alpha challenges are the same and with a separate thread listing the challenges and for posting projects. I prefer this option and to keep a separate chat thread. Amy go for it if you would like to do the challenge for today or any week.

Hostessing isn’t difficult...or at least I haven’t found it hard other than to come up with a challenge and then to comment on everyone’s project who participate. I’m hoping that Lela will come online and we can all agree how we will post the challenges so they don’t get lost in the chat. If not, perhaps we just start a separate thread for the challenges if everyone agrees. It just needs someone to administer it and add on the post #’s.....check out the MMJ thread and how we do it there and also the alpha one for ideas.

What does everyone else think? I don’t want to tread on toes but I do like order lol. I also don’t want to see this thread die.

Collectively let’s put our thinking caps on and find a solution that suits everyone.

happy day everyone.
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2021, 11:17 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Default Working It Wednesday 050521

How about a scraplift? We haven’t done this in a bit and we have plenty of great pages to share with one another to put a new twist on.

I picked Cheryl’s page from my own favorites list as one I love, but haven’t gotten around to lifting yet. You can choose to use this one or pick one from your own wishlist of lovelies. Just remember to link the page with yours when you post and explain your inspiration from the original. It could be colors, layout, theme, etc whatever struck your fancy that you are trying to replicate. It doesn’t have to be exact. Enjoy and Happy Hump Day!

EMS - Seussical the Musical by Motherload at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2021, 11:22 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne, agree with your ideas. I like the idea of a separate thread for challenges and feel we could continue to use this one as our chat thread. That way we aren’t double linking our finished pages in two places since there aren’t very many of us anyway.

What’s everyone else think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sounds good to me if everyone else agrees. Thanks for posting the challenge.
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2021, 02:22 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's two more I did on Saturday, but I added the stamping this afternoon.
Change of Scenery

As for the challenge list, I'm good either way - a separate thread, or just updating the post Lela moves each month. I personally haven't had a problem finding the challenges, I've just gone back to the previous months and looked. I have a written list in my notebook and I've marked them off as I've finished them. I appreciate them, and am willing to help issue a challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2021, 09:11 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks ladies for your comments and let's see what Lela thinks as she is the one who hosts this thread. I do think a separate thread for challenges and posting only would help similar to how we used to have the challenges before. I also go through the posts until I find the challenges and write them out but once you have one list on a separate thread you can just go and print them. I think so much easier but as Tanya says, the main thing is that we have them.

Tanya yes it would be great if you can do a challenge...would you like to take next week?

Happy Mothers/Ladies day on Sunday everyone.

PS: I've sent Lela a pm to ascertain her thoughts
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-06-2021 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Today I got three more pages done, to go with a digi page I made Saturday.
Prom 2021 1
Prom 2021 2

Jayne, sure, I can share a challenge this coming Wednesday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2021, 08:10 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Mother’s Day Everyone!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2021, 10:03 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hope that you all had a wonderful Mothers Day. I had a lovely long weekend doing various things and saw 2 out of 3 boys...seeing the third later this week as he was working.

I made a waterfall LO...phew that was tricky after watching several Youtube videos. I do not do fiddly well LOL. I will post the pages soon. Happy day everyone. Looking forward to Tanya's challenge.
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2021, 06:18 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning! I hope you too had a lovely Mother's Day! We went to visit our mothers Sunday afternoon so that was really nice.

We have been putting in a backyard this spring (finally. We only moved in 4.5 years ago...!) So I have spent a lot of time learning about plants and flowers that grow in my area, and which ones are deer resistant. For example, my roses I was so excited to put out front are really like setting out the candy dish and inviting all the deer to dig in. Sigh. So, with my recent mental obsession with flowers, and the fact that I planted fifteen new flowers in my front flower bed on Saturday, my challenge for you, for 051221 is to use flowers, or spring colors, on your layout! (Even if it isn't springtime at your house)

My layout for this challenge is here:
Hiking P Hill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2021, 01:22 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is a reverse waterfall scrapbook page I did recently. The last page has now been covered with patterned paper.

Taking the scenic route in Funchal

Attached Thumbnails
May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-a2c4bea1-891b-4fc3-9185-0b8d8a7aea60.jpg   May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-375c0d52-b6bf-4fc7-9cef-dfa5ab5c2c3c.jpg   May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-14614e8f-b17c-425e-a997-1d332ea7747a.jpg   May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-0120bdb4-50d4-4aa2-bf0f-a36c2451cb35.jpg   May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-b2f4b65b-e29b-450a-9271-ff9ff2ce68db.jpg  

May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-1669532a-f0ff-4281-866b-dd29086076f6.jpg  
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2021, 06:15 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Jayne, that looks great!! That's a lot of work but I love it!
I started a waterfall style album in a file folder once. I assembled it and never put photos or journaling in... Wonder where that's gone..? haha.... hmm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2021, 07:10 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Tanya and thank you for the challenge.
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2021, 11:03 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

One of the projects I wanted to get done this year was my December Daily style album for Christmas 2020. I got it done this week! I used the 6x8 album and pocket pages from Stampin' Up!, and a variety of past Christmas PL style kits, also from SU!
It took me about six days total to put this little book together. Two to lay out and trim photos, one to pick pocket cards to help fill in and allow me to write the story, and three to write it all out, haha.... But now I have a small book, telling all about how we celebrated Christmas in 2020! We started decorating on Friday Nov 27, and it goes thru New Years Eve. It is 54 pages long (counting both sides of the page) with 32 journaling pockets, and every single day is mentioned. I'm really excited this one is done!

Dec Daily 2020
NYE 2020
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Got a couple more pages done. One for my challenge and one for Tanya’s.
My Mom and her husband are here for the rest of the month so will just have to see how much scrapping I can get done around our other stuff. I just remind myself every little page counts!
Our Unique Wedding Gifts by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers
Congrats by Shirleysgirl at Splitcoaststampers

May 8/15
YTD 50/125
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 12:08 AM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy week everyone. I thought I would come up with a Wednesday challenge for us this week...hopefully no-one else has one but if so, then maybe we can have 2 *wink*. I'm posting early.

The challenge for 051921 is to choose one of this week's challenges from the following and include on your page. If none of these appeal, maybe wait for the challenges coming later this week.......Ways To Use It, Sketch, Free4All or Mixability. Hopefully there will be one that will inspire you. If all else fails, just create and have FUN.

TLC847 ~ Pocket ATC ~ {05/17/21}

CAS638 ~ Moonlight ~ May 17, 2021

Color Combinations

MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 07:27 AM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Jayne!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies. Let’s fill this thread with pages for our dear friend and fellow scrapper, Cheryl. Her and her family are going through a very sad and tough time right now. If you have a photo of your garden or of a garden you have visited, please use this as your theme and add lots of flowers, hearts and love.

if someone has Cheryl’s address, would you please pm me.

MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 01:01 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

I got a flower page done for Cheryl! <3

Flower Bed 2021
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 05:53 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Tanya your page of flowers and hearts for Cheryl is beautiful. Thanks for playing.
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2021, 08:46 PM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I made this yesterday with Cheryl in mind. I took a Dylusions class months ago and finally got to having a go in my art journal. It’s supposed to be images that are flowers (or look like flowers) and very colourful. I stamped the message for Cheryl and hope that it brightens her day. I’ve still got to print out photos of gardens so I can make a page too.

Happy day everyone.

Attached Thumbnails
May Scrappin and Chatter - sbc21may-6cc0dd67-e6df-4f0d-8e8f-ec1bb0e2efeb.jpg  
MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2021, 06:38 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Jayne, that's so pretty and fun! Great results and I love your stamped sentiment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2021, 05:09 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Popping in to say Hi. Love your Dylusion inspired flower page, Jayne! I just looked and looked at it ohhing all along.
Continued prayers of comfort and peace to Cheryl. I will do a flower something in her honor when I get a bit.
My Mom and hubby are still here and my immediate family is going on vacation to FL on Friday for a week while they will stay and watch the dogs and house and continue to see their friends and other family.
I will have many more memories to scrap and looking forward to some sunshine. We have had a very rainy May here.
Hugs to all!
Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2021, 05:32 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

I have an idea! For this week's Working on it Wednesday, 052621, I was thinking it would be fun to revisit the Where Are You VSBN from last fall which is Sept/Oct 2020 VSBN - Scrappy Where Are you?. Just use the alphabet to focus on a location you want/need to scrap. I played a little, but I also had a list for each letter that I only made 5 of. Where will scrapping take you this time?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

I got a page done for Amy's challenge a few weeks ago to use the card sketch that day. And I met my May goal! Hooray!

Fashion Show
Reply With Quote Likes