Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #241  
Glitter Guru

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I see you do digi Amanda, I bet it can be very hard deciding on photos. That would be a yikes for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #242  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am totally lacking mojo right now!!! I am not feeling up to par which may contribute to it, but I have only done one stinking LO this month!!! And NO cards! Nada! Zilch! And I have 7 birthdays coming up! I'd better get to my scrappin room and come up with SOMETHING!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #243  
Die Cut Diva

So Amanda...how did you do the burnt edges in PSE? Or was that part of a template? Very nice effect...I'm still learning PSE7.

Inquiring minds would like to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #244  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Talking 52 Week Challenge #6 - 2010

Good Evening Ladies.... Sorry I am so late in posting this challenge, but I have had a very unexpected, wonderfully, awesome day.

...During the second week of February, my "Red Hat Ladies" Club wears red to help bring about Cancer Awareness. And staying with the holiday theme for the month, I decided that I would entitle this challenge...

"Lovin' a Red SKETCH Valentine"

This is a sketch Challenge using my layout found here DC - Preference
...with the added challenge that you can use any two colors that you love, as long as your third color is RED. Also, You are welcome to use all the accents and embellishment that you desire. I challenge the paper scrappers to use rub-ons and the digi scrappers are challenged to use some new digi stamps. Your bonus is to scrap a photo of your Valentine!

My Sample is the layout above and You can find all submissions for this challenge here: Gallery

Please use the keywords: 52WK20106, SBC10Feb,

-------------------------------------------
Weekly Challenge Line Up:
Monday - Inspiration
Tuesday - Digital
Wednesday - Variety
Thursday/Monthly - Goals
Friday - Sketch
OLW: Joy

Last edited by Annie's Pantry; 02-18-2010 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: to fix links...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #245  
Mad Swapper

Hi, ladies. stopping by to say hello. I checked out sbc10 gallery Wow! lot's of great pages. I did a group of pages last week and cards for my dd. This week nada! Oh, well it's not over till it's over.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #246  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MkMiracleMakersView Post
WHEW! I am definitely going to need some support! I just worked on my son's 4th birthday layout and actually added the pictures! BUT...it made me realize why I don't work with the pictures at first. I am much too emotional over deciding which ones make it and which ones don't and then figuring out how to layout the page for the number of photos I have and then making sure everything is perfect...second guessing the layout, second guessing which photos..etc etc....it took me forever!!! When I work without photos there is nothing attached to it...I just arrange what looks good and I am done! THen I figure out the photos later...but that has been the downfall...I never get to that part because that isn't the fun part for me! So this is going to be a challenge. I hope all that made sense! Can you tell I am perfectionist? I am always worried about if this is going to be the perfect layout for the actual scrapbook! Anyway here is the layout!

4th birthday pirate party SBC10FEB by MkMiracleMakers at Splitcoaststampers
I am like you. I have so many pics I can't decide which ones to use. When I do decide, I check out Sally's sketches. She has a sketch challenge every Friday. I usually go through all of the sketches that are posted in the challenge master page to find a sketch with the same number of pictures that I want to use. It helps me alot. I don't do digi pages so I don't know if it would help you with them. The challenges are also good ways to get you motivated and VSN (Virtual Scrap Nights) help encourage you to get pages done fast. Glad you are joining us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #247  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
Good Evening Ladies.... Sorry I am so late in posting this challenge, but I have had a very unexpected, wonderfully, awesome day.

...During the second week of February, my "Red Hat Ladies" Club wears red to help bring about Cancer Awareness. And staying with the holiday theme for the month, I decided that I would entitle this challenge...

"Lovin' a Red SKETCH Valentine"

This is a sketch Challenge using my layout found here DC - Preference
...with the added challenge that you can use any two colors that you love, as long as your third color is RED. Also, You are welcome to use all the accents and embellishment that you desire. I challenge the paper scrappers to use rub-ons and the digi scrappers are challenged to use some new digi stamps. Your bonus is to scrap a photo of your Valentine!

My Sample is the layout above and You can find all submissions for this challenge here: Gallery

Please use the keywords: 52WK20106, SBC10Feb,

-------------------------------------------
Weekly Challenge Line Up:
Monday - Inspiration
Tuesday - Digital
Wednesday - Variety
Thursday/Monthly - Goals
Friday - Sketch
So glad to hear you had a good day. Your lateness is very excusable if you are off having a great day. Your challenges are worth the wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #248  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Okay..... So I think you all deserve an explanation for my Tardiness..... RIGHT?

Well..... when my DS's came home from Scout/Youth Night last night about 9:00 pm. I was handed a note that said my help was badly needed in the morning and I would be picked up at 8:30 am. When I asked my DH about the details he said he knew nothing except the fact that the lady that handed him the note was very insistent and strongly suggested that I be ready.

SO sure enough around 8:30 am a car pulled into my drive way and a Friend of mine from Church came to the door and asked if I was ready... I said yes and we went to the car... When I got to the car, which was an SUV filled with other friends and Ladies from Church all wearing "Red Hats".....

SO I WAS "RED HAT- KIDNAPPED" today.... WE spent the day in Columbia on a "RED HAT- DAY OUT!" We had so much fun, we went to the Temple and out to Lunch and just talked and talked! It was so nice and relaxing....!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #249  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Quote:

Okay..... So I think you all deserve an explanation for my Tardiness..... RIGHT?

Well..... when my DS's came home from Scout/Youth Night last night about 9:00 pm. I was handed a note that said my help was badly needed in the morning and I would be picked up at 8:30 am. When I asked my DH about the details he said he knew nothing except the fact that the lady that handed him the note was very insistent and strongly suggested that I be ready.

SO sure enough around 8:30 am a car pulled into my drive way and a Friend of mine from Church came to the door and asked if I was ready... I said yes and we went to the car... When I got to the car, which was an SUV filled with other friends and Ladies from Church all wearing "Red Hats".....

SO I WAS "RED HAT- KIDNAPPED" today.... WE spent the day in Columbia on a "RED HAT- DAY OUT!" We had so much fun, we went to the Temple and out to Lunch and just talked and talked! It was so nice and relaxing....!
Sounds like a WONDERFUL way to spend the day!!! good for you, and GREAT challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #250  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

What a great surprise! Glad you have so many great friends to spend time with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #251  
Mad Swapper

Here's my third page for the month, another one from my recent Disney trip. I also have two pages done of two different grandson's, my youngest and oldest. Bringing my total so far to five. TFL
Soarin' 2010 by taca410 at Splitcoaststampers
Like Father like son by taca410 at Splitcoaststampers
Mr. COOL!!! by taca410 at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY

Last edited by taca410; 02-11-2010 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #252  
Embossing Fanatic

Just stopping by to say hi! Lots of nice pages in the gallery. I finally made my first page in over 8 months - feels so good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #253  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
I am totally lacking mojo right now!!! I am not feeling up to par which may contribute to it, but I have only done one stinking LO this month!!! And NO cards! Nada! Zilch! And I have 7 birthdays coming up! I'd better get to my scrappin room and come up with SOMETHING!
Sending some Mojo your way Carol hope you feel better soon.
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #254  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Talking Mojo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by pennstatemegView Post
Just stopping by to say hi! Lots of nice pages in the gallery. I finally made my first page in over 8 months - feels so good!
Carol...I hope you were able to come up with "something" ... we all know how those moments are but I'm sending {{{positive stamp/scrap vibes}}}

Yay for SCRAPPIN' Again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #255  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking hmm

I finally got the 2nd page of my layout done tonight so a couple more for me...all my Valentines are done and mailed so hopefully I'll have a good, scrappy weekend!

Childs Play
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 AM   #256  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I've had one of Trish's pages in my favorites for a long time!
My precious little man by Trish O'Brien at Splitcoaststampers This was such a cute idea that I just had to save it so I could refer back to it when I'm ready to do a page like this. And I agree, it would be super to have her here so others could view her work.
I've got a bunch of her stuff in my favorites too! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #257  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

phew! caught up. Now I just need to get some of the stuff I've been doing...hopefully sometime today.

Great work ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #258  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am up.... and hanging with a cup of hot Ovaltine before I start my day.

Hope everyone has a great day today!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #259  
Mad Swapper

Morning all! Wow! gallery is rockin!
I'm in my scraproom, plan to scrap a bit today. Maybe finish album pages and a few new pages for Valentines Day pics.
HAve a Awesome Friday!!!

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #260  
Crimping Master

Went to the doctor’s office yesterday and he removed the stitches from my thumb. The ends of the cut look healed but the center (where the PA cut out a chunk of dangling tissue) still has a large gap. I have no feeling in my thumb and the doctor said this is because I cut the nerve and I may or may not get the feeling back. It feels like my finger is constantly asleep and when I put pressure on it, it hurts. It is very hard to grasp a glass, cup, scissors, anything and I am dropping things. Should see me try and do my hair … not happening since I can’t hold the blow-dryer or flat iron so I just pull it back into a pony-tail. Going to try and do some scrapping this weekend … that should be interesting. Never knew how much we depended on this little thumb! And to top everything … my laptop died (shhhh … writing this from work) so I haven’t really been able to browse through SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #261  
Polyshrink Goddess

HI everyone...just wanted to post a link to 2 other 2 page spreads I have made this month. Guess I am not doing too bad so far 6/12. Just have to put it in my siggy line!

For the pirate page a few of you asked baout the burnt edge look...I wish I was awesome enough to have done that on my own but i twas part of those particular elements in my digi kit Maybe some day I will learn how to do something that cool!

But I am almost caught up with "this" year...thankfully we are only 2 months in so I will feel accomplished soon!

Here is a layout for my son's first day of preschool
My Baby is in school!! by MkMiracleMakers at Splitcoaststampers

and one for Valentine's Day (though I will probably change it for each boy's book by having photos of just them in it...so maybe this isn't quite "done" yet!
Valentine's Day pages by MkMiracleMakers at Splitcoaststampers

Have a good day everyone! Hopefully I will get some more pages done this weekend...maybe even meet my goal for the month!

Amanda

Scrap Goals
YTD 60/120 (or however many pages it takes to get caught up!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #262  
Die Cut Diva

Yay! I've hit my goal for this month! I don't know how much more I will get done after this, but I can try to do more.

Here is my page:

Temptation

I don't love it. I have a hard time with 6x6 pages because there isn't much space. Also, I need to keep it thin to fit all the pages. This is definitely a learning experience for me and I'm hoping I will love these 6x6 pages more as the year goes on.
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #263  
Polyshrink Goddess

I accomplished 3 pages today! woo 9/12. I am thinking I need to set my goal higher...or maybe after I reach my goal I can make more pages without photos for fun right?

the last of the 4th birthday party pics
4th birthday pirate pics by MkMiracleMakers at Splitcoaststampers

the title page for all albums...just going to swap out title and pics for each album...totally great you can do that with digi! I used grammawamma as inspiration...the link is in the post in my gallery!

I'm Four by MkMiracleMakers at Splitcoaststampers
and i am super proud i taught myself how to install and use an action for this page!

Amanda

Scrap Goals
YTD 60/120 (or however many pages it takes to get caught up!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #264  
Inking Addict

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Feb 11/14 pages, one heart box for Valentine's Day!

Can anyone help me? I would like to upload some photos of my pages!!!

Please,
Thank you all!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #265  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipecaroView Post
Feb 11/14 pages, one heart box for Valentine's Day!

Can anyone help me? I would like to upload some photos of my pages!!!

Please,
Thank you all!!!
click the upload a card link found near the top of this page on the left (it's in the "around the site box") and just follow the instructions.......hope this helps
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #266  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRStamperView Post
Went to the doctor’s office yesterday and he removed the stitches from my thumb. The ends of the cut look healed but the center (where the PA cut out a chunk of dangling tissue) still has a large gap. I have no feeling in my thumb and the doctor said this is because I cut the nerve and I may or may not get the feeling back. It feels like my finger is constantly asleep and when I put pressure on it, it hurts. It is very hard to grasp a glass, cup, scissors, anything and I am dropping things. Should see me try and do my hair … not happening since I can’t hold the blow-dryer or flat iron so I just pull it back into a pony-tail. Going to try and do some scrapping this weekend … that should be interesting. Never knew how much we depended on this little thumb! And to top everything … my laptop died (shhhh … writing this from work) so I haven’t really been able to browse through SCS!
We never realize how much we use what we have until we can't use it!!! I hope some feeling is restored to your thumb--hopefully with time. Good luck with your scrapping--where there's a will, there's a way!!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 02:18 AM   #267  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning... been up since 5! couldn't sleep, so I exercised and cleaned off my desk, that has become kind of like "Shinning my Sink".

Looks like we have about 3 to 3 1/2 inches of snow here on my front yard... When the sun comes up, I want to go down to the beach and get some pictures to scrap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:03 AM   #268  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRStamperView Post
I'm so sorry it's still feeling so badly!!! And to have your laptop die too!!! That's just adding insult to injury. Hoping the scrapping went ok and was at least a little relaxing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #269  
Pearl-ExPert

Alright! I finally got some stuff uploaded.

All of these projects were made with the Color Me Daisy Change of Heart kit.

Classic (not a favorite...but done is done! )

Childhood is Made Of...

Sweet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #270  
Stazon Splitcoast

You have to see the friend we met on the beach this morning....

Poor Guy! He was so lost....
Attached Thumbnails
2010 February Scrap Goal - SBC10Feb-mobile-photo-feb-13-2010-12-01-40-pm.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #271  
Pearl-ExPert

Heading over to our store today.. hoping to get a few more pages completed. Just havent been motivated this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #272  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

LOL! Too funny Anavon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #273  
Stazon Splitcoast

Scrappin' today...try and get a few uploaded tonight.
Great inspiration in the February gallery ladies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #274  
Pearl-ExPert

Got a pic of some of the ones I've completed. Two are from last month.

Birthday #2 - Set 1
Birthday #2 - Set 2

Pre-School Pirate Party

tfl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #275  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

O.K., I gotta admit, this one really made me smile!!!!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #276  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

He looks like a guy from my neighbourhood. He must be on vacation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #277  
Glitter Guru

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you for this thread, I am off to a great start on my 120 pages for the year. I am a little ahead of schedule for the month.
Origins is a little number I did this week, but it does not count in my goal. Papers are not from my stash, they are new
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #278  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Adorable friend! Looks good on the beach.

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #279  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Just left some love in the gallery! Great job everyone! I need to get busy uploading! Seems like I am busier now than I was before I retired!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #280  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking More Pages

Actually got some scrappin' done tonight! I finished up a layout I started Friday and got another page done. I just got off to a slow start...

Teenager!

Make A Wish!
Reply With Quote Likes