Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking 2008 Scrappin' CHALLENGE!

Scrappin' Challenge 2008

It was SO fun to see everyone's goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2008! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

With that in mind, I thought I would invite all of you to a 2008 Scrapbook Challenge! Oh what fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends.

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person will post what their scrapbook page goal is for January. We will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month. Along with the scrapbook page goal for January, decide what your scrapping budget will be for that month.

The REAL CHALLENGE is to complete your monthly scrapbook page goal before you spend any of your scrapping budget for the month. For instance if 10 pages & $30 is my scrapping goals for January, I will need to complete 10 scrapbook pages before I spend any $$ on new scrap supplies & I'll try to only spend $30. The 2nd part of the challenge is to put into savings the same amount as you spend on scrapping supplies. If I spend all $30 of my Scrapping $$ budget in January, then I would want to put $30 in my savings account at the end of the month.

You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 15 pages & $25, 25 pages & $100 or 6 pages & $15....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget.
Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar and spending for the month. For instance, some of us will have higher spend budget in January because of new catties out from SU! / CTMH / TAC or February for SU! Sale-A-Bration special ... you get the idea.

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done, use more in our stash before buying new (well at least keep track) and save $$ at the same time which becomes scrapping budget $ for next year -- or vacation money or Holiday fund! I've belonged to one of these challenges before and it was alot of fun!

Money spent on Adhesive and Printing Pictures is not included in the monthly scrapping budget. We'll count pages 7x7 & up = 1 page for 1 page completed, 6x6 & smaller = 2 pages for 1 page completed.

We'll also have "bonus points"! Each challenge participant will get BONUS points for a variety of things each month - using a coupon, going over page goal, completing posted mini-challenges, uploading all pages to gallery, etc...

FAQ - what happens if I spend $$ before completing Page Goal? LOL! Well, you just go back to square 1. If page goal is 10 pages/$30 and I complete 5 pages and find the most adorable paper at the LSS then I start over at 0 pages trying to complete all 10 before I spend more $$. Remember, this is a challenge, all for FUN!

Each month we'll post the CHALLENGE WINNER & the Bonus Points Leader. Everyone is encouraged to upload their layouts to their galleries and link the page to the thread so we can "oohh" and "ahh" over everyone's pages. The idea though is for EVERYONE to WIN by Completing Our Scrapping Goals -- get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

Are you UP for the CHALLENGE? Come and Play in the 2008 Scrapbook Challenge! Happy New Year! Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends!

Your first post to the thread will be January Goal for how many pages you're going to complete and what your spending budget will be. Remember, the CHALLENGE is to complete the PAGES with the stash you have BEFORE you spend any $money$. At the end of the month, put into savings a matching amount for what you spent on scrapping supplies.

We'll start January 1 so if you have any "supplies" (other than adhesive or pictures) you just have to HAVE, make sure you get them soon!

We'll take Sign Ups for January until January 5
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking JANUARY CHALLENGE SCRAPPERS

Here's our JANUARY Players! As you post your goals, I'll add info to the List

1. Savitri (Putri)
2. Melanie (MHolles)
3. Lela (Lmn) 25 Pages/$40 Budget
4. Sally (Salster)
5. ? (PandaGirl)
6. Vanessa (vblevins)
7. Renee (Furph's Wife)
8. Donna (Sapphire1968 )
9. Vanessa (ScrapnNess)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking JANUARY Mini Challenges & Bonus Points

Here's where we'll post the JANUARY Mini-Challenges & Options for Bonus Points
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 02:05 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I'm so excited! Now, Jan I will be traveling a bit so I have to have a low number so I'm going to say 7 and since I'm really trying hard to use what I have, I'll set my buget at $25.

Now, I have a question Lela, in your siggy, you have 0/300...am i correct that the 300 is your SB pages completed for the year and doesn't have anything to do with the buget? Sorry if that's a dumb question but it's been a long day with sick kids..hehehe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Now this sounds like a great challenge.
I want to complete 30 pages every month and I want to spend $25.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312

Hmmmmm .. well ... I want to join in and make new friends ... and I desperately need to complete some scrapbook pages, but my life is so busy, I have a school production that I am involved in for the next two months and a hubby due in hospital within 14 weeks .... so ... my targets .....

2 DT layouts for Jan.
(plus cards and an altered item)
5 layouts for me.

�20 budget ($40) for a kit that I subscribe to.

Is that ok ??? Do I need to do anything else ? or have I missed anything ? Am I allowed to join in ?

Apologies for the questions xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Smile January Goal

I think my goal for January is 12 pages w/a budget of $40.00 Is this all I need to post for now? Let's get scrappin'! Have fun w/this!
Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Ok I guess I better get working! LOL my goal for the year is to double what I did this year. that would put me @ 22 pages a month! YIKERS. Anyway since the new stamp club I am in will start towards the end of this month I will set it @ 20 pages for $40.

I have 2 questions ok maybe 3.
1. Does tax and S&H count especially if we order through SU?

2. Since the new club I will be in is a scrapping club do those pages we make there count, cause I think the girls in that group also challenge that we put pics in the pages we do. Our demo makes pages and we make the same ones with a new technique.

3.Do pages that we started but didn't complete that needs completing count cause that was going to be my first goal to get those pages completed so that I can move on and not feel guilty leaving those unloved pages unloved any longer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

OHH guess what???? I have to tackle my first hurdle and it is a big challenge. I have to learn how to get the pics off the camera and onto this computer then I have to learn how to upload new pics to my gallery. I haven't uploaded anything since July or August cause that is when we got the MAC and I haven't taken the time to figure it out. Guess it is about time. Oh and figure out how to change my siggy too.
I will do that tomorrow after I finish cleaning, give the kids haircuts,& finish up inlaws gifts. Hopefully.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:01 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I am so happy and excited to have this challenge! I really need something to keep me focused and having the spending amount included in the challenge is a double bonus! This will help me meet my goals of spending less, using what I have and actually getting pages done, instead of just buying and hoarding!

My goal for Jan is to get 8 12 x 12 pages done and to make 5 cards. My spending limit is $ 35.00,

I may even start tonight!

scrapbook goal 2009: 12 x 12 pages: 35/120 , Cards in 2009 :85
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:01 PM   #11  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968View Post
Ok I'm so excited! Now, Jan I will be traveling a bit so I have to have a low number so I'm going to say 7 and since I'm really trying hard to use what I have, I'll set my buget at $25.

Now, I have a question Lela, in your siggy, you have 0/300...am i correct that the 300 is your SB pages completed for the year and doesn't have anything to do with the buget? Sorry if that's a dumb question but it's been a long day with sick kids..hehehe
Donna,
Thanks for joining! The 0/300 in my siggy line is the number of pages that I want to complete in 2008 -- 300! I know it seems big but my son is going to be a Senior next year and I really want his scrapbooks completed for his Graduation Open House. Since I only started scrapping a few years ago, I'm catching up. I'm going to be "scrapping like a mad woman"...hopefully!

So keep your fingers crossed that the first number grows! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #12  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furph's wifeView Post
Ok I guess I better get working! LOL my goal for the year is to double what I did this year. that would put me @ 22 pages a month! YIKERS. Anyway since the new stamp club I am in will start towards the end of this month I will set it @ 20 pages for $40.

I have 2 questions ok maybe 3.
1. Does tax and S&H count especially if we order through SU?

2. Since the new club I will be in is a scrapping club do those pages we make there count, cause I think the girls in that group also challenge that we put pics in the pages we do. Our demo makes pages and we make the same ones with a new technique.

3.Do pages that we started but didn't complete that needs completing count cause that was going to be my first goal to get those pages completed so that I can move on and not feel guilty leaving those unloved pages unloved any longer
Good Questions....hmmm, Shpg & Handling/Tax...well, technically it's not scrapping supplies...LOL! I'll leave that up to you...if you're close to the budget, we'll just count the supplies (alittle creative accounting, please don't try this with your checkbook balance!)

Count all pages! So if you're in a club, you make pages -- bring them home and add picts! More pages done for your goal! This is all about getting pages done so however it works for you, it's good! This is a great way to get a couple quick pages done!

If you haven't counted 1/2 completed pages in this years goal, it's ok to count them in your monthly goal because again goal is COMPLETED pages but let's say it's 2=1. So for every 2 your "finish" it equals 1 completed since they're almost done anyway already!!!

Funny you bring up those "1/2 completed" pages because I've been working on them all day. By 12/31, I want to have all of my not so complete pages -- DONE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #13  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Adding More Players!

Here's Our Update....(sorry, it won't let me edit earlier post?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Here's our JANUARY Players! As you post your goals, I'll add info to the List

1. Savitri (Putri)
2. Melanie (MHolles)
4. Sally (Salster)
5. ? (PandaGirl)
6. Vanessa (vblevins)
7. Renee (Furph's Wife) 20 Pages/$40 Budget
8. Donna (Sapphire1968 ) 7 Pages/$25 Budget
9. Vanessa (ScrapnNess)
10. Karen (O'Brien) 8 Pages/$35 Budget
11. Dawn (dvinson) 12 Pages/$40 Budget
12. Carole (Carole4312) 5 Pages/$40 Budget
13. Liz (Sporty) 30 Pages/$25 Budget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #14  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by o'brienView Post

I may even start tonight!
Since it's for 2008, Let's "officially" start Monday, 12/31-HAPPY NEW YEAR!

But, go ahead and scrap! I got out my OLDEST PAPER I could find tonight & I'm using it for a scrap layout! It's one of those that I have a "hundred" picts for I want to use (kids field trip) from a few years ago...2004 book for my youngest son will be complete once this layout is in! Woohoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:33 PM   #15  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carole4312View Post
Hmmmmm .. well ... I want to join in and make new friends ... and I desperately need to complete some scrapbook pages, but my life is so busy, I have a school production that I am involved in for the next two months and a hubby due in hospital within 14 weeks .... so ... my targets .....

2 DT layouts for Jan.
(plus cards and an altered item)
5 layouts for me.

�20 budget ($40) for a kit that I subscribe to.

Is that ok ??? Do I need to do anything else ? or have I missed anything ? Am I allowed to join in ?

Apologies for the questions xx
Carole,
YEAH! Come and Join Us! The more, the merrier! Of course, since you're on a DT, we'll be especially looking for you to upload picts, LOL! No pressure
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #16  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

OHH guess what???? I have to tackle my first hurdle and it is a big challenge. I have to learn how to get the pics off the camera and onto this computer then I have to learn how to upload new pics to my gallery. I haven't uploaded anything since July or August cause that is when we got the MAC and I haven't taken the time to figure it out. Guess it is about time. Oh and figure out how to change my siggy too.
I will do that tomorrow after I finish cleaning, give the kids haircuts,& finish up inlaws gifts. Hopefully.
GREAT Motivation to figure out how to upload picts! I hope your day goes smoothly tomorrow so you have some time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #17  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Check This Out

...want some GREAT Scrappin' Motivation for this weekend / week...check out these great Scrapping Challenges!

I'm off to see what I can come up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Tangerine Dream

This sounds very inspiring and oh soooo much fun!!! Can I play?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #19  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerine DreamView Post
This sounds very inspiring and oh soooo much fun!!! Can I play?
ABSOLUTELY! We'd love to have you join us! This is a "new" scrapping challenge for 2008 so we're just getting started. When you get time to figure it out, just reply to the thread with your Page Goal and $$ Scrappin' Budget for January. I will add you to our growing list of scrapping friends
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Tangerine Dream

Ok, well let me start out slow, since I just started working again. Let's say 10 pages and $20. I'm so excited!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 04:22 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

What a great way to kick off the new year. I'm going to an all day crop on the 12th, and I have 17 layouts that I'm preplanning. So I'll set my January goal at 20 layouts. My January budget will be 20.00$ - becuase I just realized the shopping trip I'm going on on Monday is still December and won't count ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 07:16 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

I want to join! Have a question about the budget! Is the goal to not spend any money and use up supplies already on hand and put that money into savings? Or is it to spend the budgeted money and if you go over that amount you put that much in savings? Either way I'm game as I'm saving to hopefully take son and hubby to the beach this summer! We are also in the process of getting licensed to be able to adopt so hopefully with a new addition to the family soon I NEED to get caught up on son's papers before I start with another child!

So my goal is 10 pages and $15 budget.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Ok, my goal is to either do a 2 page 12x12 layout or 4 different 12x12 layout/mo. I work full-time and teach part-time so it'll be a lot for me. My budget is $35/mo for January just for these scrapbook projects. We'll see how that goes. I want to buy a binding gadget this Jan, not for my scrap project though. Can't wait!

I did layout, just to warm-up
Christmas 2007 by putri at Splitcoaststampers

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok...I'm in! I have so much to do! My goal for today is to scrap my last year's Christmas album...yes the whole thing!! My goal for January is 8 dps (I do 12 X 12)...that's 2 per week. And my budget for the month...that's a tough one as I'm in a scrapbook club and January is my month and I really want the super cute CM hostess from so I'm going to have to have a contingency...$25 (the club minimum) but if I finish my 8 pages by January
20th...the deadline for buying than I can buy extra up to the $500 total for the party. Hopefully the other 11 gals will buy more than $25 each to help me out!! Plus the coolest part is that I get a minimum of $45 free stuff...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #25  
Kookie Creator

I'm game! I can't wait! :mrgreen:

My goal for January is to do 10 pages. I am going to try and limit my spending to $50 for the month- I am still collecting colors in inks and cardstock so I'm hoping to get a new set of spots and some coordinating paper to go with them in the next month.

I would like to finish my honeymoon scrapbook in January or February at the latest, start an ornament book, and start on the mountain of old pics I have. Plus I want to make a few Valentine's gift-treat things. Really, I never should have started reading Nichole Heady's blog....

I said 100 pages for the year, but I'm secretly hoping I can crush that goal because I have so much I want to do since I just got started a few months ago. Ok, so it's not such a secret hope anymore :rolleyes:

Oh, and my name is Jess :-D

I'm so excited for a scraptastic year everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

I'm very excited about this. My name is Rebecha and I'd like to set a January goal of 20 pages (12x12) and my budget at $35 because I already know that I'm going to order a ticket punch and one new stamp set from the new catty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #27  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Woohoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerine DreamView Post
Ok, well let me start out slow, since I just started working again. Let's say 10 pages and $20. I'm so excited!!
Glad you decided to join us! Welcome to our Scrappin' Party KickOff for 2008!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:44 AM   #28  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhollesView Post
What a great way to kick off the new year. I'm going to an all day crop on the 12th, and I have 17 layouts that I'm preplanning. So I'll set my January goal at 20 layouts. My January budget will be 20.00$ - becuase I just realized the shopping trip I'm going on on Monday is still December and won't count ;)
I LOVE all day Saturday Crops! Wow, preplanning? That's awesome! You'll have 20 pages done before you know it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #29  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeslieSView Post
I want to join! Have a question about the budget! Is the goal to not spend any money and use up supplies already on hand and put that money into savings? Or is it to spend the budgeted money and if you go over that amount you put that much in savings? Either way I'm game as I'm saving to hopefully take son and hubby to the beach this summer! We are also in the process of getting licensed to be able to adopt so hopefully with a new addition to the family soon I NEED to get caught up on son's papers before I start with another child!

So my goal is 10 pages and $15 budget.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Leslie,
Glad you're joining us!

What a GREAT question! The "budget" part of the challenge is really an "individual" thing. For some, it will be to truly "budget" for what they spend on stampin' and scrappin' supplies. So often, it's such an "impulse" buy. For others the "budget" goal will represent a "reward" since they have just completed so many pages using what they have. For others the "budget" amount is motivation to get a certain amount of pages done and spend less. For me, I like the budget part with the savings match. I'm not a good "saver" and really struggling to be better. Last year, I put $600 in savings using this type of challenge! I tried to match what I spent on scrappin'/stampin' supplies. It helped me put it in perspective.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #30  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by putriView Post
Ok, my goal is to either do a 2 page 12x12 layout or 4 different 12x12 layout/mo. I work full-time and teach part-time so it'll be a lot for me. My budget is $35/mo for January just for these scrapbook projects. We'll see how that goes. I want to buy a binding gadget this Jan, not for my scrap project though. Can't wait!

I did layout, just to warm-up
Christmas 2007 by putri at Splitcoaststampers

Wow! Your "warm up" layout is GREAT! I'm busy scrapping today also to see how many more pages I can get done before 12/31. Woohoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #31  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by refinnej2View Post
Ok...I'm in! I have so much to do! My goal for today is to scrap my last year's Christmas album...yes the whole thing!! My goal for January is 8 dps (I do 12 X 12)...that's 2 per week. And my budget for the month...that's a tough one as I'm in a scrapbook club and January is my month and I really want the super cute CM hostess from so I'm going to have to have a contingency...$25 (the club minimum) but if I finish my 8 pages by January
20th...the deadline for buying than I can buy extra up to the $500 total for the party. Hopefully the other 11 gals will buy more than $25 each to help me out!! Plus the coolest part is that I get a minimum of $45 free stuff...
Jennifer,
Glad you joined us! How fun to be HOSTESS in January! Good for you! That's why we set a new budget every month so when it's a month to get "extras" and we know it, we can alot for it. I'll probably budget more in February because it's SU! Sale-A-Bration and I always like FREE stamps, LOL!

Just let me know if you change your mind and want to up your budget just in case ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #32  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandaGirlView Post
I'm game! I can't wait! :mrgreen:

My goal for January is to do 10 pages. I am going to try and limit my spending to $50 for the month- I am still collecting colors in inks and cardstock so I'm hoping to get a new set of spots and some coordinating paper to go with them in the next month.

I would like to finish my honeymoon scrapbook in January or February at the latest, start an ornament book, and start on the mountain of old pics I have. Plus I want to make a few Valentine's gift-treat things. Really, I never should have started reading Nichole Heady's blog....

I said 100 pages for the year, but I'm secretly hoping I can crush that goal because I have so much I want to do since I just got started a few months ago. Ok, so it's not such a secret hope anymore :rolleyes:

Oh, and my name is Jess :-D

I'm so excited for a scraptastic year everyone!
Hey Jess,
Glad to have you!! Gotcha down for 10 pages. New stamps & c/s will definitely motivate you to get those pages done A Honeymoon scrapbook sounds wonderful. Just think, if you get it done in Jan/Feb, it will be a Valentines Present to yourself (& hubby)! Can't wait to see picts of pages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #33  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by garagesaledivaView Post
I'm very excited about this. My name is Rebecha and I'd like to set a January goal of 20 pages (12x12) and my budget at $35 because I already know that I'm going to order a ticket punch and one new stamp set from the new catty.
Yeah Rebecha! Glad you are joining us! 20 Pages it is! I love the budget idea because it helps me think about what I want to purchase, and I get excited planning for it. I love punches too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 AM   #34  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking January List

Here's Our January List so far:

1. Savitri (Putri) 4 Pages/$35 Budget
2. Melanie (MHolles) 20 Pages/$20 Budget
4. Sally (Salster)
5. Jess (PandaGirl) 10 Pages/$50 Budget
6. Vanessa (vblevins)
7. Renee (Furph's Wife) 20 Pages/$40 Budget
8. Donna (Sapphire1968 ) 7 Pages/$25 Budget
9. Vanessa (ScrapnNess)
10. Karen (O'Brien) 8 Pages/$35 Budget
11. Dawn (dvinson) 12 Pages/$40 Budget
12. Carole (Carole4312) 5 Pages/$40 Budget
13. Liz (Sporty) 30 Pages/$25 Budget
14. Rebecha (GarageSaleDiva) 20 Pages/$35 Budget
15. Jennifer (refinnej2) 16 Pages/$25 Budget
16. Leslie (LeslieS) 10 Pages/$15 Budget
17. (Tangerine Dream) 10 Pages/$20 Budget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312

Looks like we're getting a happy little band together !!!

I've done my DT work today (two layouts, two cards and a card holder) - but I can't post pictures yet because they have to go in the shop gallery before I'm allowed to post them anywhere... I promise I will post photos as soon as I can !

I also confess to having done a 'little' bit of a shop ... the scrapping sales were calling me - can you believe they knew my name !! :lol: Anyway, I went a bit mad on designer paper, kraft cardstock and a couple of alphas :( I am definitely going to start 'budget scrapping' as from Monday - I promise.

Oh to live in Canada or USA and be able to buy stash instead of paying UK prices - i'd be in 7th heaven.

Catch you tomorrow girls - its 11.30pm here !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Scrappin' Challenge 2008

It was SO fun to see everyone's goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2008! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

With that in mind, I thought I would invite all of you to a 2008 Scrapbook Challenge! Oh what fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends.

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person will post what their scrapbook page goal is for January. We will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month. Along with the scrapbook page goal for January, decide what your scrapping budget will be for that month.

The REAL CHALLENGE is to complete your monthly scrapbook page goal before you spend any of your scrapping budget for the month. For instance if 10 pages & $30 is my scrapping goals for January, I will need to complete 10 scrapbook pages before I spend any $$ on new scrap supplies & I'll try to only spend $30. The 2nd part of the challenge is to put into savings the same amount as you spend on scrapping supplies. If I spend all $30 of my Scrapping $$ budget in January, then I would want to put $30 in my savings account at the end of the month.

You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 15 pages & $25, 25 pages & $100 or 6 pages & $15....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget.
Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar and spending for the month. For instance, some of us will have higher spend budget in January because of new catties out from SU! / CTMH / TAC or February for SU! Sale-A-Bration special ... you get the idea.

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done, use more in our stash before buying new (well at least keep track) and save $$ at the same time which becomes scrapping budget $ for next year -- or vacation money or Holiday fund! I've belonged to one of these challenges before and it was alot of fun!

Money spent on Adhesive and Printing Pictures is not included in the monthly scrapping budget. We'll count pages 7x7 & up = 1 page for 1 page completed, 6x6 & smaller = 2 pages for 1 page completed.

We'll also have "bonus points"! Each challenge participant will get BONUS points for a variety of things each month - using a coupon, going over page goal, completing posted mini-challenges, uploading all pages to gallery, etc...

FAQ - what happens if I spend $$ before completing Page Goal? LOL! Well, you just go back to square 1. If page goal is 10 pages/$30 and I complete 5 pages and find the most adorable paper at the LSS then I start over at 0 pages trying to complete all 10 before I spend more $$. Remember, this is a challenge, all for FUN!

Each month we'll post the CHALLENGE WINNER & the Bonus Points Leader. Everyone is encouraged to upload their layouts to their galleries and link the page to the thread so we can "oohh" and "ahh" over everyone's pages. The idea though is for EVERYONE to WIN by Completing Our Scrapping Goals -- get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

Are you UP for the CHALLENGE? Come and Play in the 2008 Scrapbook Challenge! Happy New Year! Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends!

Your first post to the thread will be January Goal for how many pages you're going to complete and what your spending budget will be. Remember, the CHALLENGE is to complete the PAGES with the stash you have BEFORE you spend any $money$. At the end of the month, put into savings a matching amount for what you spent on scrapping supplies.

We'll start January 1 so if you have any "supplies" (other than adhesive or pictures) you just have to HAVE, make sure you get them soon!

We'll take Sign Ups for January until January 5
Okay! I'm in. I'll have to alter mine just a bit because I am a hobbyist demo and I have to make my goals each quarter. However, I want to play along fairly so, I will not allow myself to place an order if I have not met my goal. And, if I get dropped then, that's okay because, it means I'm spending money on stuff I'm not using and that's not okay anymore. I'm intrigued by the savings part which I badly need to do. I am so terrible about saving and that is sad. I definitely want this savings to be my craft budget for the next year. It would be so awesome to just have money set aside for my hobby, that I could spend guilt free. LOL :p
So here are my goals for January:
Scrapbooking/15 pages/$2.00 per page
Cardmaking/16 cards/$1.00 per card
total possible savings to deposit $46
This should be such a great year. Thanks Lela for starting this!;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I've been a faithful MAC user for years so, feel free to P.M. me if you need help with uploading or anything. If I can do it or figure it out I'll help you. Mac's are super user friendly once you get used to them.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
I've been a faithful MAC user for years so, feel free to P.M. me if you need help with uploading or anything. If I can do it or figure it out I'll help you. Mac's are super user friendly once you get used to them.:p
Thanks! We got this in July or August and I have yet to take the time to go any further than going online, checking email and looking at the pics in Iphoto. too afraid to alter any of them cause dh tried it and he couldn't figure out how to get it back to original state. Once I learn how to get the pics from the camera and upload to my gallery than I will be happy. I will ask if I need to, but I am so computer dumb it isn't funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

Ok got a question. If we don't spend the whole amount we alotted for can we roll that over for the next month? Or just count it as smart spending? Guess it doesn't matter does it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #40  
Kookie Creator

I need to join this challenge too! I'm glad we can change every month. Baby #3 is due the beginning of March and I know I won't get much sb'ing done then. lol! I think I'm going to set my limit to 10 pages/$20.00. I still have a lot of gift cards to spend (wink, wink)!
Marji
Reply With Quote Likes