Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Scor-Pal (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scor-pal-168/)
-   -   Scoring eighth inch measurements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scor-pal-168/scoring-eighth-inch-measurements-560228/)

Scor-Pal 08-30-2012 11:29 PM

Scoring eighth inch measurements

I just finished my first You tube showing how easy it easy to do any eighth inch measurement on the Scor-Pal. Video I'd love to know what you think.
Diana

smallcity 08-31-2012 06:16 AM

Love it, it is great help, thanks for making a video

muscrat 08-31-2012 07:18 AM

Love it Diana!~ I am going to type up the little sheet to tape to the scoreboard because I have trouble remembering for some reason. Maybe if I did it a lot, it would stick in my thick skull, but doing it occasionally leaves time to forget. Thanks for doing this tutorial!

muscrat 08-31-2012 08:03 AM

I've been practicing. Works perfectly!!! I also typed up the same note you have on the top of your board in the tutorial and taped it to my board! Your board is such good quality, and I think that is because you don't have all the extra lines in the middle, but we needed to this tutorial because we sometimes need those 1/8 inch increments. YAY! You know, come to think of it, there is room up there on top to include those instructions! ;)

bettyjoanes 08-31-2012 10:27 AM

All I see is "this viceo has been removed by the user. Sorry"

muscrat 08-31-2012 03:26 PM

That's strange. I went in and looked and it is gone now. Maybe she is tweaking it. There was some noise on the video that was a little distracting. She may be redoing...?? Just a thought.

Scor-Pal 08-31-2012 06:19 PM

My son spelled eighths wrong. He spelled it eights so I asked him to change it. I am sorry about the annoying clicking sound. Not to sure what is causing it maybe the zoom in and out feature. Yes just think "Count backwards, go up a number". In my opinion this is much easier than having to contend with eighths inch grooves all the way across the board.

The next video will be Box Making 101. I will show you lots of neat tricks to making the perfect box!
Happy Scoring!

Diana

Crafter 4 Life 09-01-2012 05:51 AM

When I click on the video link, I get a blank screen with this wording: "You Tube not available". I watch You Tube videos all the time so what gives?

Would like to know what this hint is so I can use it. Any help/assistance I can get for crafting would be appreciated.

The ScorPal and Score Buddy are 2 of my BEST investments for paper crafting! Diana & Co are business people. They treat their customers well because they KNOW that this is a hobby and that you can spend your crafting budget (hard earned money) elsewhere.

cj nalley 09-01-2012 09:22 AM

Scor-pal website has the video.

Measuring Eights on the Scor-Pal - YouTube

Thanks Diana. Looking forward to box making video.

muscrat 09-01-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scor-Pal (Post 19656366)
My son spelled eighths wrong. He spelled it eights so I asked him to change it. I am sorry about the annoying clicking sound. Not to sure what is causing it maybe the zoom in and out feature. Yes just think "Count backwards, go up a number". In my opinion this is much easier than having to contend with eighths inch grooves all the way across the board.

The next video will be Box Making 101. I will show you lots of neat tricks to making the perfect box!
Happy Scoring!

Diana

Can't wait for the box tutorial!!

sillyfilly 09-01-2012 04:18 PM

I love my Scor-Pal and use it on every card I make if only to score my fold line. I am going to watch the video later tonight. I am anxious for you to come out with an attachment that will be able to score for making envelopes.

cazzytoo 10-09-2012 04:19 PM

I had the chance to buy a Scor Pal at a recent craft exhibition in the U.K. and then I found an MS one for less, I didn't buy either of them in the end, both were in inches and I feel I need centimeters as well or one that does both somehow as it would be expensive to get two of them. I was told the MS one has a conversion inside the storage compartment.
But I have read that there is a new version of Scor Pal, how can I tell if it is a new one I am looking at please?

Arizona 10-09-2012 05:07 PM

The Scor-Pal website lists Once Upon A Stamp as thier official UK distributor. You can buy a metric version through them. Here is a link for you.
Once Upon A Stamp Online Shop

cazzytoo 10-10-2012 02:25 AM

Thanks Arizona, I think I need both inches and metric though, I use whichever set of instructions I am following. I know Once Upon a Stamp, thank you.

Arizona 10-10-2012 09:42 AM

I don't think any of them come with both inches and metric on one board. I have the MS board and the storage compartment just has measurments used for specific card and box sizes, but it is in inches. Of course, I purchased mine here in America so it's possible there is a different version in the UK. It may be worth the investment to buy 2 boards depending on how often you use them. Or, perhaps you could try attaching a fabric measuring tape above the ruler on the board. It might not look pretty, but it would give you both measuring options.

Scor-Pal 10-10-2012 03:45 PM

Hi,
We have only made one Metric board, blue in colour. Most conversions will give you fractions of a cm for example one inch = 2.54 cm so it is very difficult to do an accurate converted score. Two inches is 5.08 cm. It really is best to have two boards. The newest Scor-Pal has grooves every 1/4" etc. and is light blue. It has a magnet under the logo.
Once Upon a Stamp is the best place to buy them. We also ship overseas, First Class Mail is about $25.00.

cazzytoo 10-11-2012 03:23 AM

Thank you so much, I looked on Once Upon a Stamp and they have a great deal right now, with a free Buddy, and I think the Buddy is in inches which might be all I need for now. I am going to order it now before the offer ends! Later I might get the larger board in inches too.

cazzytoo 10-11-2012 03:33 AM

I have ordered one now.

silverlightstar 10-12-2012 10:09 PM

That video was very easy to understand; thank you, Diana!

Jill with a G 10-13-2012 07:41 AM

Good video. Just love all your products!

muscrat 10-13-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 19657630)
Can't wait for the box tutorial!!

Just checking in to see if Diana made that box tutorial?

cazzytoo 10-13-2012 12:16 PM

They have arrived whoo hoo, Scor Pal Metric and free mini Buddy in inches. Will be watching the tutorial soon!

Cook22 10-18-2012 05:15 AM

Oh dear - I don't know if I should have watched that ;-). Now I really think I need to upgrade my older Scor-Pal!!