Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Release Parties (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-330/)
-   -   May Release Party Challenge #3 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-330/may-release-party-challenge-3-a-553356/)

atsamom 05-02-2012 04:46 PM

May Release Party Challenge #3

2 Attachment(s)
Are you all having a great time? Isn't this release one of the best ever? Of course...I say that ever month.

I had a great time making my cards this month but...quite shockingly....found myself without an embossing folder that I needed. So...I thought back to the olden days, before embossing folders, and realized that I had a die that would work. I cut the die multiple times, adhered it to the same paper and...ta da!!!....a faux-embossed background.

The first sample that I have attached includes this background. Those fish swimming along the bottom are an old Quickutz die.

The second sample includes a simple star background. I do have star embossing folders - but by doing it with a punch, I could add a few glittery stars!

So...your challenge...is to create a background that looks embossed but actually uses die cuts or punches!

You can see all of the entries HERE

Ready to play along? Here are some important details:

- Your keyword for this challenge is SNSSMAY12RP03.
- You don't have to use a Sweet 'n Sassy image to play (but if you do, add one of our keywords, too!)
- The deadline to have your cards uploaded by is Sunday, May 6th at 9:00 PM EST. We'll announce the winners on Monday,May 7th!
- What you can win: a randomly selected player from this challenge's gallery will win their choice of ONE free stamp set from our April release!
- You are welcome to combine challenges tonight, but you are only eligible to win one prize.

Have fun!

Kim

stagccva 05-03-2012 05:16 PM

This challenge is so cool - I really want to try this technique!

T. Joy 05-03-2012 05:17 PM

That really was a neat look, Kim. This should be a fun challenge!

Crafty Math Chick 05-03-2012 05:17 PM

So it WAS faux embossed backgrounds!! I wondered... great cards - and I terrific challenge too!

merrymstamper 05-03-2012 05:18 PM

another cool challenge!

Crafty Math Chick 05-03-2012 05:18 PM

And that little fishhook is to die for!!!

Anitamocha 05-03-2012 05:26 PM

I just got some SNSS dies so this will be perfect to use them for.

StampinAK 05-03-2012 07:48 PM

Hmmm... I'll have to think about this one!

tessaduck 05-04-2012 09:04 AM

I cut ten little boots for the top panel on this card, and all but one got covered up with the other stuff! See why I like CAS??! fun challenge.

Cowboy Birthday by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tessaduck 05-04-2012 09:25 AM

I think the faux embossing is easier to see with this card:

Frog Song by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

allee's 05-05-2012 03:18 PM

Here is my design:

Faux Embossed Leaves

jkstieber 05-05-2012 03:42 PM

Here my card for this challenge:

Purr-fect Birthday by jkstieber - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

StampinAK 05-05-2012 07:54 PM

Here is my faux dry embossed card:
Sweet 'n Sassy Release Challenge #3 by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

arlsmom 05-06-2012 03:14 PM

Here is my card for the challenge:
Smile by Lynda by arlsmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

PH in VA 05-06-2012 04:55 PM

Whew! This one was more time consuming than I expected. But here it is:

faux embossed thinking of you

simplybeautiful 05-06-2012 07:41 PM

made me think here's mine

Punched Leaves Cocoa by simplybeautiful - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers