Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Release Parties (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-219/)
-   -   Release Party HERE! June 26 @ 9PM EASTERN! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/release-parties-219/release-party-here-june-26-%40-9pm-eastern-444151/)

Vervegirl 06-21-2009 09:12 PM

Release Party HERE! June 26 @ 9PM EASTERN!

It's almost time for another VERVE release! http://vervestamps.com/images/partytime.gif

We'll be debuting our new sets, chatting up a storm and partying Verve style! So mark your calendars for this Friday, June 26!

Diva-licious previews {with give-aways} will be starting Wednesday June 24 on the Verve Blog.

Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, 5 PM Alaska, 3 PM Hawaii
Please Note: If your location doesn't do daylight savings, the time listed above might be an hour off. We're on Daylight Savings time right now. I've already adjusted for Hawaii. :)
And here are a few links to time conversion for other places around the world: Australia/Pacific, Asia, Europe

Where: Same bat channel. We'll see you here on this thread! Feel free to chat it up all week long, if you want!

Here's the party itinerary (times are approximate - I'm known to get distracted!)

9:00PM - Plain Janes Reveal
9:15 PM - Mini Set Reveal
9:30 PM - Set 1 Reveal
9:45 PM - Set 2 Reveal
10:00 PM � Winners Announcement
10:15 PM � Set 3 Reveal
10:30 PM - Sale info and Shopping BEGINS!

Welcome new Verve fans!!! A couple of tips to help you once we get started:

1. F5 refreshes your page. You'll want to do this often cause we chat a lot!

2. Don't try to go back and read to catch up, or you'll find yourself with 10 pages to read. Just jump in and catch what you can!

3. When you go back to the forum, you can click on the little paper clip icon next to the thread to see all the sneak peeks shown in the thread during the party.

4. The winners and set reveals will be posted in This Thread. I usually keep both tabs open.

5. HAVE FUN!!! We're a silly group...and we love new friends!

And don't miss Mr. Verve's Party Pick!!! Tonight we're giving away the ENTIRE RELEASE to a random poster here in this party thread, so be sure to chat it up! He'll draw a random post number and we'll announce the winner with the rest of the winners at approximately 10 PM! :)

Vervegirl 06-22-2009 08:06 AM

While you're waiting, don't forget about the deadline for this month's Viva la VERVE! challenges. You still have until MIDNIGHT CST on Thursday, June 25 to get your entries in. One lucky winner will win our entire release!
Week 1 Link | Week 2 Link | Week 3 Link | Week 4 Link

Plus we're having Release Week Challenges again. Play along and complete all 5 challenges for another chance to win our entire release!June Release Week Challenges Link

Have fun!

susiestampalot 06-22-2009 01:53 PM

wooOHOoooOOO, Julee! I can't wait to par-tay on my new laptop. Does that mean I'll have a party in my lap? ROFL!! Could be interesting....

Vervegirl 06-22-2009 08:55 PM

ROFL Susan!

Vervegirl 06-23-2009 09:43 AM

Do you wanna party, party? LOL I've just had that Fanta song in my head all morning long. Ya'll remember those silly commercials?

steubner 06-23-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiestampalot (Post 14435898)
wooOHOoooOOO, Julee! I can't wait to par-tay on my new laptop. Does that mean I'll have a party in my lap? ROFL!! Could be interesting....

YAY!! Party on Susan's lap!!! ROFL

And thanks, Julee, now I've got the Fanta song stuck in my head. :rolleyes:

Vervegirl 06-23-2009 09:23 PM

tap... tap... tap.... Is this thing on? :mrgreen:

cmf1216 06-24-2009 05:14 AM

Can't wait for the party, Julee!! Especially if Susan's got a party in her lap! ;)

K. Joy 06-24-2009 05:20 AM

I can't wait for the party! I'm loving what I've seen so far. But then, I love them more and more each month. I've found that I can't help but make classy cards when I use these sets. They just have that feel to them! Now... if only I could win the entire release... :mrgreen:

Junk! I just realized that we're logged in under my dd's screen name! That's ok... she wouldn't mind winning the entire release either!! :D

Tricia
(T. Joy)

T. Joy 06-24-2009 05:25 AM

Whew! I'm back under my own name. :D

Hey, Julee - the set you previewed today looks like it would be a really neat one for monogrammed stationery. Any chance of getting a Vervilicious alphabet??? :mrgreen:

Vervegirl 06-24-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 14449613)
Whew! I'm back under my own name. :D

Hey, Julee - the set you previewed today looks like it would be a really neat one for monogrammed stationery. Any chance of getting a Vervilicious alphabet??? :mrgreen:

That's a good idea. I'll have to put it on my list of ideas. :-D

Vervegirl 06-24-2009 08:20 AM

The Sneak Peeks have started on the Verve Blog! http://vervestamps.com/images/yahoo.gif

Check them out Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for another chance to win some Vervey goodness!

And you can see some more sneaky peekys here on SCS!

steubner 06-24-2009 11:41 AM

That smiley is hilarious, Julee! LOL

Vervegirl 06-24-2009 05:50 PM

Less than 48 hours until party time!http://vervestamps.com/images/grin.gif

steubner 06-24-2009 05:58 PM

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Vervegirl 06-24-2009 06:54 PM

Wow! Y'all are fast stampers! There's already 21 people done with all 5 release challenges! Wahoooooo!

rabogner 06-24-2009 06:54 PM

You mean I have to wait 2 more days until the party finally starts? What will I ever do with my time!

rabogner 06-24-2009 06:57 PM

I already finished... now what am I supposed to do until Friday night!?

whiterockmama 06-24-2009 08:53 PM

Okay, all the sugar cookies have been baked, decorated and consumed by the kids in my kids' classrooms at their year end parties. Wish you lived closer, Julee, I would have dropped some off for you. My DD LOVES cats and we have a cat head shaped pancake maker that we use as a cookie cutter. I bake them and then we decorate them -- smarties for eyes and pink icing for whiskers, forehead stripes, mouth and ears. They really are cute, and good! I think Katie would approve LOL :D

All sketches are done -- treating myself to LOTS of stamp time before school gets out tomorrow -- so now what??!! Guess there is the SCS sketch this week or some mojo sketches I didn't get a chance to do :D

Just two more sleeps till party time :D For once, DH is NOT traveling or returning from a trip this time -- even he commented on it LOL! -- so I can party guilt free. Can't wait to see what you've come up with this time round and have all my fingers, toes, arms, legs, kids' fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed for me to hopefully win some Vervalicious goodies this time round....pleeeeeeease. Okay, enough begging, and babbling, it's getting late and I"m getting punchy with the lack of sleep this week (mind you I'm sure yours has been even more hectic than mine, Julee, so who am I to complain!!).

dizzymommie 06-24-2009 10:28 PM

Oh I just can't sleep.;) I want to go stamp. Something must be wrong with me. I went to Shakespeare Festival (playing The Seagull) tonight and all I could think of were the parts to one of the sketchs sitting in my craft room. LOL. Great sketchs Julee.

Vervegirl 06-24-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterockmama (Post 14457289)
My DD LOVES cats and we have a cat head shaped pancake maker that we use as a cookie cutter. I bake them and then we decorate them -- smarties for eyes and pink icing for whiskers, forehead stripes, mouth and ears. They really are cute, and good! I think Katie would approve LOL :D

Oh, those sound so cute, Marisa! Katie approves of any and all sugar cookies. She's not usually tempted by any food we leave out, but there's something about sugar cookie crumbs and streusel topping that gets her little lips asmacking! I always have to clean up my coffee cake plates in a hurry or she's all over them! LOL

Vervegirl 06-24-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzymommie (Post 14457484)
I went to Shakespeare Festival (playing The Seagull) tonight and all I could think of were the parts to one of the sketchs sitting in my craft room.

Oh, I love the Shakespeare Festival! I wish we could go to all the shows! We usually only make one a year though. We're going in July to The Mystery of Edwin Drude with Mark's work.

steubner 06-25-2009 06:39 AM

mmmmm....coffee cake....

Vervegirl 06-25-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubner (Post 14459435)
mmmmm....coffee cake....

I know, right??? I think I'm going to have to go whip up a box right now! :mrgreen:

Vervegirl 06-25-2009 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mmmmm.... coffee cake fresh out of the oven! One of a thousand reasons I'm so grateful to work from home!

dizzymommie 06-25-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vervegirl (Post 14461594)
Mmmmm.... coffee cake fresh out of the oven! One of a thousand reasons I'm so grateful to work from home!

Oh I'll be right over!

FYI- The Seagull at Shakespeare was VERY well acted, but it was a bit...a lot depressing. Four of us went and 2 liked it and the other 2 didn't. It's by a russian writer about Russia life in the early 1900's (I think) and very glum characters. Blah, blah, blah...I wish I could have been doing the fab release sketches instead. Don't tell DH.

T. Joy 06-25-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Arrrgggghhh! Not even fair! DD & I are gluten free so we can't eat anything made with regular flour anymore. BUT in honor of the Verve release party, we did pick up a box of Betty Crocker's *new* gluten free brownie mix.

Is it tomorrow yet?????????????? :mrgreen:

Tricia

dizzymommie 06-25-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 14462977)
Arrrgggghhh! Not even fair! DD & I are gluten free so we can't eat anything made with regular flour anymore. BUT in honor of the Verve release party, we did pick up a box of Betty Crocker's *new* gluten free brownie mix.

Is it tomorrow yet?????????????? :mrgreen:

Tricia

You'll have to tell us/me how it tastes. I saw that in the store the other day and wondered if they would satisfy a brownie craving.

T. Joy 06-25-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzymommie (Post 14463002)
You'll have to tell us/me how it tastes. I saw that in the store the other day and wondered if they would satisfy a brownie craving.

I'll let you know. We did find a great substitute for smores just now... Two chocolate covered shortbread cookies by Schar, some Hershey's chocolate and a marshmallow roasted over a candle. Mmmmmmm.... good!!!

whiterockmama 06-25-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

I'm assuming Mark got up early and made this for you for breakfast while Katie supervised LOL ;D Looks delicious.

Vervegirl 06-25-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterockmama (Post 14465796)
I'm assuming Mark got up early and made this for you for breakfast while Katie supervised LOL ;D Looks delicious.

I'm by no means a domestic goddess and Mark is a very good cook and does quite a bit of the cooking. But, I SLAVED over that coffee cake with my own two hands this morning! It's hard opening that Krusteaz box and following directions, ya know! LOL http://vervestamps.com/images/grin.gif

va.sunshine 06-25-2009 03:49 PM

I could smell that coffee cake and came a runnin....I luv coffee cake, I may have to make some for the RP! *~*

sunnysankari 06-25-2009 06:57 PM

HI Julee!! Just wanted to say hello and wish you the very best in the new release! The previews look simply Verve-a-licious!! And I love the idea of monogrammed stationary!! My parents and family are visiting us this week - and we have been doing day trips which is fun - but not much time in the stamp corner - or these days - the stamp closet :) I am not sure if will be at home tomorrow night :( for the party (will try) but just wanted to pop by and send you a hug! All the Divas have totally rocked out and spun some amazing samples!!
Lots of hugs from sunny Iowa :)
Sankari :)

whiterockmama 06-25-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vervegirl (Post 14466521)
I'm by no means a domestic goddess and Mark is a very good cook and does quite a bit of the cooking. But, I SLAVED over that coffee cake with my own two hands this morning! It's hard opening that Krusteaz box and following directions, ya know! LOL http://vervestamps.com/images/grin.gif

Yeah, another non-domestic woman LOL :D My DH is a gourmet cook and since I dont' enjoy cooking it works out quite well. I can bake and do breakfast meals (my favorite meal of the day) and salads, but a main course meal will stress me out big time. DH was almost going to be away for Thanksgiving and we had family coming as well as a few friends so I was FREAKING out because I had never cooked a turkey before and had visions of a far from eatable bird. Lucky for me I got off the hook. Yup, being DH's sues chef is the place for me LOL :D

Vervegirl 06-25-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysankari (Post 14471663)
Lots of hugs from sunny Iowa :)
Sankari :)

Hi Sankari! Thanks for popping in! :)

Vervegirl 06-25-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterockmama (Post 14472129)
DH was almost going to be away for Thanksgiving and we had family coming as well as a few friends so I was FREAKING out because I had never cooked a turkey before and had visions of a far from eatable bird. Lucky for me I got off the hook. Yup, being DH's sues chef is the place for me LOL :D

Oh, I've never made a turkey either. Well, my college buddy and I "TRIED" to make a turkey, and it was an epic failure! We didn't know you had to thaw it like a whole day in advance. Then we couldn't figure out which way was which. We kept calling her dad, and I just about lost it when he told me we were going to have to stick our hands INSIDE the bird to pull out the little packet thingy? EXCUSE ME??? I think we ended up getting a pizza instead, because that bird did not get cooked! LOL

lbenden 06-26-2009 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vervegirl (Post 14472581)
Oh, I've never made a turkey either. Well, my college buddy and I "TRIED" to make a turkey, and it was an epic failure! We didn't know you had to thaw it like a whole day in advance. Then we couldn't figure out which way was which. We kept calling her dad, and I just about lost it when he told me we were going to have to stick our hands INSIDE the bird to pull out the little packet thingy? EXCUSE ME??? I think we ended up getting a pizza instead, because that bird did not get cooked! LOL

Too funny Julee!! My first turkey, I cooked it WITH all the little packaged things still tucked safely inside the turkey's unmentionables.....Your coffee cake looks awesome!! You sure know how to follow directions!!!

lbenden 06-26-2009 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterockmama (Post 14472129)
Yeah, another non-domestic woman LOL :D My DH is a gourmet cook and since I dont' enjoy cooking it works out quite well. I can bake and do breakfast meals (my favorite meal of the day) and salads, but a main course meal will stress me out big time. DH was almost going to be away for Thanksgiving and we had family coming as well as a few friends so I was FREAKING out because I had never cooked a turkey before and had visions of a far from eatable bird. Lucky for me I got off the hook. Yup, being DH's sues chef is the place for me LOL :D

I wish my husband cooked! I hate cooking, love eating though but my cooking kindof ruins your taste buds...my poor kids!

scrapbookczar 06-26-2009 05:58 AM

How exciting! I can't wait till tonight! This is my first SCS post....woohoo!!! I'm so excited! Now if I can only figure out how to post my five cards....THAT will be a challenge! ;-)

Avery123 06-26-2009 06:38 AM

I tried to follow the Gina K release last night, but had many interruptions, maybe I'll have better luck tonight!