Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Kookie Creator

Default booking Disney trip question?

Last year, my family did the whole big, planned for a year Disney trip. I had it meticulously planned well in advance and we had a blast. Now, I'm thinking of taking my son when he turns 7 just for a quick 2 to 3 day trip, just the two of us. This time I will fly. My question is does anyone know a good site to use for booking hotel, flight AND Tickets? I can find sites that book hotel and flight or hotel and tickets but not all 3. I don't care if I stay on site. Last time we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and went all out. This time I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible so I'm fine with staying off site as long as there is a shuttle. And due to the shortness of the trip We will fly this time rather than drive. Any help?
I know you Disney obsessed ones can help!
Noddy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
Watercolor Wizard

You might want to try www.disboards.com

Lots of info on those boards.

Have a great time...we went in February - freezing cold that week but still lots of fun!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Die Cut Diva

I agree with the disboards.com suggestion. Tons of info.

Also try mousesavers.com. They have good information on deals.

You may want to look at staying at one of Disney Value hotels. They include Pop Century, and any of the All Stars. The added advantage is the free Disney transportation to and from the parks. Pop Century is especially nice because their buses are dedicated just to that hotel (the others make several stops.) They even include free transportation (via Magical Express) to and from the airport. Some of those off-site hotel shuttles can be a real pain.

Right now you there are deals at the Disney Values for $59 a night. You can find all the deals at the mousesavers.com site.

Best of luck to you with your trip. We're a Disney family, and we love to go whenever we can.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Have FUN!

I agree with all of the info above.

Several of our Disney visits have been spur-of-the-moment trips.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

I think I read somewhere this week that the meals are included in the packages they are selling. Sorry, but can't remember where I read that though
Old 09-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

I haven't been in a while, we used to go every year. I agree with using the disboards and mousesavers though if you are looking for all 3. I usually recommend booking through disney though, that way you can get any specials that are offered only through them. ( I have found that not all travel companies can take advantage of their offers on free dining or special ticket rates)
depending on when you go look into some of the special events at the magic kingdom... they do a pirate and princess party, halloween, and a Christmas on select nights throughout the year, and offer special dining at the character restaurants in the park based on the party you are attending. These are little cheaper than a regular ticket, only admit about 40% normal capacity and all of the popular rides are open with a fraction of the wait time, although the park is only open from about 7pm to midnight.These tickets are usually under the 50.00 a person range vs the 60 to 65.00 range for a full day. If you stay on property you get the extra magic hours, if you don't I suggest staying within walking distance of downtown disney market place/ pleasure island ( or fairly close) this way you can take advantage of disney transportation ( and have access to all of their locations from one hub) it's a cheat trick we use if we don't stay on grounds, because the shuttles at some of the hotels didn't agree with our time schedule with little ones. We would bring the stroller cross the street from the Holiday Inn and hop on a bus and travel where ever we wanted. or if we missed our shuttle we still had transportation... although we usually camp out for about 40.00 a night at fort wilderness in our tents now, it's cheaper than a hotel for 6 of us to go...
I suggest looking into the disney site, and if you qualify for a package ( i think it's minimum 3 nights) they have new dining packages and were offering free dining, but I forget the dates. Plus if you book through one of their airlines you can use magical express to transport you to and from the airport so no rental car or taxi, I think it's only with packages though that have at least resort and ticket included.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Die Cut Diva

oops a double post...
hope you have fun when you go if you go

Last edited by buggab0o0; 09-13-2009 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: double post on accident
Old 09-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
Watercolor Wizard

Mousesavers has fall specials on room rates posted.