Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Photography (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/)
-   -   Photo Challenge #74 ~ Empty & Barren {3-14-10} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/photography-f217/photo-challenge-74-%7E-empty-barren-%7B3-14-10%7D-t483959.html)

Duckwaddlequack 03-14-2010 06:53 PM

Photo Challenge #74 ~ Empty & Barren {3-14-10}

2 Attachment(s)
Here there everyone! Ready for a new challenge? Here's one that I thought might be fun and interesting to tackle before spring hits full swing in most places - empty and barren. These kinds of photos can lend themselves a bit to the artistic looking side, so have fun with it! You can choice to interpret that how you best see it, whether by the emptiness in nature or a disused building.... the sky's the limit! Enjoy your week! :)

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at anytime!
~ Again - HAVE FUN! :)

Here's a weird large pipe thingy I came across on a walk and I got down and took a sepia pic looking through it, and then a barren and empty tree from a gray, overcast day.

yellowrose46 03-17-2010 01:12 AM

Cool challenge, and great photos Angie! Such an interesting pipe photo and I love the mood of the tree photo too!

craftygirl04 03-18-2010 05:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of my photos for this challenge.
Attachment 179618 Attachment 179619
Connie

yellowrose46 03-18-2010 09:15 AM

Wow, Connie, those photos speak volumes! I love to go to the lake when it is cloudy and stormy!

ShaddyBaby 03-18-2010 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a new walking trial close to the house. There was no one there!

yellowrose46 03-19-2010 07:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my offerings for this challenge. It's hard to get a 'moody' photo, when the sky is sunny and bright! The first photo is of a Mennonite cemetary. No fancy stones or even eulogies. Pretty empty looking. I had been to our local SS and seeing as it is in a tourist town, I always have trouble getting back on the highway due to car traffic and hoards of tourists, so I decided to try a different way out and ended up on an interesting country road.The second photo is of a shack in a field about a mile from my house.

bambi64 03-20-2010 04:25 PM

If I would have looked at this before we went on a walk at a Reserve, I would have taken pictures for sure! It was so dead in there that I just couldn't bring myself to take any pictures even though hubby wanted me to but I just couldn't see the artistic side. But seeing these pictures.. i'm kicking myself that I didn't take any! Live and learn!

Duckwaddlequack 03-21-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bambi64 (Post 16357455)
If I would have looked at this before we went on a walk at a Reserve, I would have taken pictures for sure! It was so dead in there that I just couldn't bring myself to take any pictures even though hubby wanted me to but I just couldn't see the artistic side. But seeing these pictures.. i'm kicking myself that I didn't take any! Live and learn!

Well, now you'll just have to go back, won't you!! :)

Cook22 03-26-2010 01:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am sorry I didn't get to see most of these before they got lost. I hope they'll reappear again. Here are some of my barren shots from last week when we were in the Burren (West of Ireland).

Cook22 03-26-2010 02:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And another three. There are more on my blog, I'll be uploading the last few tomorrow.
Dromore is a nature reserve. It's very barren this time of year, being mostly deciduous forest.
The New Growth photo is Coole Forest Park. There is a turlough - a disappearing lake. Because of the unique limestone geology in the area, there are a lot of lakes that come and go depending on the level of water in the water table. This one is draining after the winter... They really are so strange. After years of visiting the area ( I started going over twenty years ago), we saw one two years ago in a place we'd never seen one before, and it was BIG, no little pond but a real lake.

yellowrose46 03-27-2010 01:34 AM

Sabrina, your photos are amazing! I'll try to upload my photos again in a few days.

AGMommyof2 04-09-2010 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one I took this past week during our spring vaca at Nags Head NC ~ I was amazed & very pleasantly surprised to see so few people ~ the girls loved having the beach all to themselves...

Cook22 04-10-2010 03:55 AM

Lovely beach scene - I wouldn't mind being there :D.

armadillo 08-29-2011 04:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The first photo was taken on the way to Meteor Crater and the second is Little Painted Desert north of Winslow.