Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 04-25-2017, 08:15 AM   #4841
Hardware Hotshot

Caterina, that's a cute one!! Made me laugh out loud! That little girl must have been praying for rain for our area .... I think this is the 4th day in a row we've had rainy weather! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Unread 04-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #4842
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina, that's a cute one!! Made me laugh out loud! That little girl must have been praying for rain for our area .... I think this is the 4th day in a row we've had rainy weather! LOL

Same here with the rain, however, we truly need it. The reservoir is low.
Unread 04-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #4843
Hardware Hotshot

So glad you're getting the needed rain, Caterina. I'm always grateful for rain since our locality went through a drought several years ago .... and I think of the area in Florida which is currently suffering from lack of rain.
Unread 04-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #4844
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

“But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry;
Luke 15:22–23

DON’T SWEAT OVER LOSS OR WASTE

What would you say if your son, whom you had given a large inheritance to, came crawling home one day after wasting all his money on riotous living?

In the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11–24), the father did not say one word about loss or waste, though his son had indeed wasted his inheritance on riotous living. The father only saw his son’s homecoming as an opportunity to show him how much he loved him and to restore to him what he had lost.

Like the father in the parable, it is your heavenly Father’s desire to embrace you and show you how much you are loved. And it is His good pleasure to restore to you what you have lost.

Perhaps you have lost something recently, or you are frustrated that something has gone to waste due to a bad decision you made. My friend, God does not see the finality of the loss or waste the way you do. When you come to Him with it, He sees it as an opportunity to restore to you what has been lost or wasted.

Even if, like the prodigal son, you feel far away from your heavenly Father, or you feel that you have disappointed Him, don’t despair. The truth is that the moment you come to Him, He immediately restores to you the robe of honor to clothe your nakedness, the ring of authority to declare your position of power and dominion, and the sandals on your feet (which servants do not wear) to reinstate you as a son in His house.

He reassures you that you had never lost the position of sonship. And He celebrates your return to Him with the killing of a fatted calf because you are His beloved child whom He cherishes.

Beloved, in your Father’s house, you not only come under His complete protection, but you also enjoy His inexhaustible provision and unconditional love!
muscrat likes this post.
Unread 04-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #4845
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

...there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

What A Friend We Have In Jesus

Jesus’ presence in your life is a free gift from God. There is no amount of good that you can do to earn it. It’s a free gift. Now, because you did nothing to deserve His presence in your life, there is nothing you can do that will cause His presence to leave you. Once you have received Jesus into your heart, He will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)!

“But Pastor Prince, when I fail, doesn’t Jesus leave me?”

No, Jesus is right by your side to encourage you and restore you to wholeness. You may say, “But I don’t deserve it!” You’re right. That’s what makes it His unmerited favor in your life. When you fail, Jesus is there to uphold you. Unlike some of your so-called “friends,” He doesn’t just take off. You can count on Him. He is a faithful, dependable and trustworthy friend. Even when you have failed Him, He is right there with you, ready to pick you up and restore you to wholeness. The Bible talks about a friend who “sticks closer than a brother.” That’s Jesus and you have Him always!
Unread 04-28-2017, 08:10 AM   #4846
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

God's Vision in God's Land

Joshua 21:45 says, “Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass.” Joshua and his men went from dry land to the Promised Land, from manna to feasts, from arid deserts to fertile fields. They inherited their inheritance: the glory days of Israel. This is God’s vision for your life. You, at full throttle. You, as victor over the Jerichos and giants.

Paul describes it as a life in which “Christ’s love has the first and last word in everything we do” (2 Corinthians 5:14). A life in which Paul says, “we do not lose heart” (2 Corinthians 4:16). A life defined by grace, refined by challenge, and aligned with a heavenly call. In God’s plan, in God’s land...God’s promises outweigh personal problems. Victory becomes a way of life! Your glory days await you!

From Glory Days
Unread 04-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #4847
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

God's Vision in God's Land

Joshua 21:45 says, “Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass.” Joshua and his men went from dry land to the Promised Land, from manna to feasts, from arid deserts to fertile fields. They inherited their inheritance: the glory days of Israel. This is God’s vision for your life. You, at full throttle. You, as victor over the Jerichos and giants.

Paul describes it as a life in which “Christ’s love has the first and last word in everything we do” (2 Corinthians 5:14). A life in which Paul says, “we do not lose heart” (2 Corinthians 4:16). A life defined by grace, refined by challenge, and aligned with a heavenly call. In God’s plan, in God’s land...God’s promises outweigh personal problems. Victory becomes a way of life! Your glory days await you!

From Glory Days
Unread 04-30-2017, 07:28 AM   #4848
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

…Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 6:20

JESUS’ HIGH PRIESTHOOD IS FOREVER

Jesus is our High Priest forever. This “forever” aspect changes the way we are blessed and how we receive our blessings from God. As our High Priest, Jesus represents us before God. Since His priesthood is after the order of Melchizedek, which is one of righteousness, His righteousness becomes our righteousness forever. This means that we are forever righteous in God’s eyes!

And because He will never die, but continue as our High Priest forever, we have an everlasting righteousness, not merely a here-today-gone-tomorrow righteousness based on our works. No, we have a perpetual and everlasting righteousness because Jesus is our High Priest forever.

This also means that blessings are perpetually on your head because the Bible says that blessings are on the head of the righteous (Proverbs 10:6), and you are righteous forever!

Unlike the priesthood according to the Levitical order, which blesses as well as curses, the priesthood of Jesus according to the Melchizedek order only blesses. There is no cursing, only blessing—always and forever!

And because Jesus is our High Priest forever, the blessings do not come to us in intermittent drips, but stream into our lives in a never-ending flow. Because He is our High Priest forever, we can never stop His blessings.

By being our High Priest forever, Jesus also touches the blessings that He gives us with a forever effect. He touches our lives and we have eternal life. He touches our ministry and its impact becomes eternal. And the more we see His priesthood as having a forever effect, the more permanent our blessings will be.

Truly, there is nothing temporal about what Jesus our High Priest does. It is not a case of blessed today, cursed tomorrow. The blessings we receive are sure and steadfast because Jesus is our High Priest today, tomorrow and forever.

So rejoice because Jesus your High Priest changes how you are blessed forever!
Stamping Servant likes this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #4849
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

…And the priest shall burn all [the pieces of the bull] on the altar as a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, a sweet aroma to the Lord.
Leviticus 1:9

JESUS IS GOD’S SATISFACTION

When Jesus was on the cross, He did more than just die for your sins. His one sacrifice did not just remove your sins, but it also clothed you in His righteousness and perfection. Jesus became the true “burnt sacrifice”.

In the Old Testament, whenever someone offered a burnt sacrifice, the perfection of the animal came on him. In the same way, every perfect attribute of Jesus your “burnt sacrifice” comes on you when you take Him as your Savior. And because God sees you clothed with Christ, you have the same acceptance and favor with Him that Jesus has!

When Jesus was offered on the cross, the fire of God brought out His perfections like perfume to God. In that one sacrifice, Jesus’ obedience and perfections rose as “a sweet aroma to the Lord”, which is what is emitted when the offering is burnt. This “sweet aroma” speaks of a savor of rest to God. Jesus’ perfect sacrifice gave God so much satisfaction that He rested.

You can also rest in the perfect sacrifice of Jesus, knowing that what He did, He did for you—“Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma”. (Ephesians 5:2) You can rest knowing that God the Father is satisfied with you because His Son’s sacrifice has caused His heart to rest with regard to you. You can rest because Jesus is God’s satisfaction for you.

Today, as you come before God, say, “Father, I thank You that Jesus is such a delight and joy to You. He satisfies Your heart completely. And what He did, He did for me. Because Jesus so satisfies You, I know that You are satisfied with me. Because Jesus is Your delight, I am also Your delight. Because Jesus so pleases You, I know I please You too. And because Jesus is my righteousness and perfection, I stand righteous and perfect before You.”

Beloved, when you speak of Christ and His finished work, it goes up to God as a sweet-smelling aroma, a savor of rest. And if God can rest in the perfect sacrifice of His Son, you can too!
Unread 05-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #4850
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
Hebrews 8:12

GOD DOESN’T REMEMBER HOW BAD YOU WERE

Perhaps you have heard people say of others: “Oh, if only you had seen my husband in the early years of our marriage. He had such an explosive temper that I used to seek shelter in my mother’s house!”

“No one would have ever guessed that she had such a promiscuous past.”

“As a young boy, he would always lie through his teeth and not even bat an eyelid!”

Man looks at you and remembers what you were like in the past. But when God looks at you through the new covenant, He declares, “I will be merciful to your unrighteousness, and your sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

He states it plainly in His Word as if to assure us: “When you come to Me, don’t think that I am thinking about your sins. Don’t think that every time I look at you, I am reminded of your sins. Not only am I not keeping a record, but I am also not mindful of your failures and shortcomings. I am telling you that I will remember your sins no more, never again!”

God can say that all our sins He remembers no more because there was a time when He remembered them and punished every one of them—in the body of His Son at the cross. He punished every single one of them until Jesus cried out, “It is finished!” (John 19:30) That is why today, God can justly say, “Your sins I will remember no more.”

We all know that we sin from time to time. But the good news is that all our sins have already been dealt with at the cross. They have been washed away by Jesus’ blood. Now, when we come into God’s presence, He sees us without our sins. So beloved, forget your past failures. Believe that God remembers your sins no more and be the righteous man that you already are in Christ!
dapperdoxie likes this post.
Unread 05-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #4851
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6–7

Cast Every Care To God—He Cares!

The Bible says that “the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows” (Luke 12:7).

Now, if God cares enough to keep track of the hairs on your head, is there anything too small for Him that you cannot talk to Him about?

God’s love for you is infinitely detailed. He does not care only about the major events in the world, or the significant events in your life, like your salvation. He is also vitally and intensely involved in the day-to-day minute details of your life!

My friend, His love for you is personal, detailed and in-depth. Your heavenly Father wants you to involve Him even in the smallest, most mundane matters of your life. So cast every care to Him, knowing that you have His fullest attention with all of heaven’s resources backing you up!
smileyj, muscrat and dapperdoxie like this post.
Unread 05-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #4852
Stazon Splitcoast

caterina- thanks for always posting uplifting thought provoking ideas!

Joan
muscrat likes this post.
Unread 05-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #4853
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives His beloved sleep.
Psalm 127:2

NO MORE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

Are you one of those who have trouble sleeping at night? Perhaps just this morning you said, “I was up the whole night—my boy was running a high fever,” or “I slept for only two hours—I was awake polishing up my presentation,” or “I couldn’t sleep at all—I was worried about the bills that are piling up.”

God “gives His beloved sleep”. Who are His beloved? You and I! Because we are in Christ, we are His beloved. (Ephesians 1:6, 2 Thessalonians 2:13)

God says, “It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows…” In other words, it is pointless to worry and lose sleep because the truth is, “Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.” (Psalm 127:1)

So let God be the one who builds your career and watches over your financial investments. Let Him be the one who guards your health, marriage and children. Don’t worry and stay up late as if you are the source of the increase, or the one who has the power to make things happen and save the situation. No, God is the one and He says to you, “My beloved child, throw that care to Me and go to sleep.” And while you are sleeping, He is working on your situation. He, who neither slumbers nor sleeps (Psalm 121:3–4), works the night shift for you as you sleep!

But because we are such doers and performers, it is hard for us to let go and let God take over. But when we actually do, casting all our cares, anxieties and worries once and for all into His hands, we will see how He cares for us affectionately and watchfully. (1 Peter 5:7) We will see Him taking care of our problems and working things out for good. (Romans 8:28 )

Beloved, trust your Father’s love for you. Cast your cares on Him and have no more sleepless nights!
Stamping Servant, muscrat and dapperdoxie like this post.
Unread 05-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #4854
Hardware Hotshot

Excellent devotional, Caterina!!!
muscrat likes this post.
Unread 05-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #4855
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear...
1 John 4:18

Live Fear-Free In God’s Perfect Love

Whose “perfect love” is the apostle John talking about here? Is it our love for God and other people, or God’s love for us? My friend, John is talking about God’s love for us because only His love is perfect.

Why is a personal revelation of God’s perfect love for us so important? Because it’s the key to living life fear-free. The Bible uses the words “cast out” because you cannot psych or reason fear out of your life. You can’t suppress it and hope it goes away. Doing more to conquer your fears doesn’t cut it either. Fear has to be cast out, and the only way fear can be cast out is by exposing it to something more powerful.

Beloved, there is nothing more powerful in the whole universe than the perfect love of God. Today, especially when the enemy puts thoughts of fear in your mind, meditate on how the Father so loved you, He willingly gave up His only beloved Son to die for you (John 3:16). See how in the same way God willingly delivered up Jesus for you, He is right now, more than willing to heal you, protect you, provide for you and give you good success.

Today, because you are God’s beloved, nothing can ever separate you from His presence, His favor, His love and His help. Receive His perfect love today and begin to live life fear-free.
Unread 05-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #4856
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you for yet another excellent devotional message, Caterina!! What a miracle that His love is not based on my obedience or performance ... the longer I walk with the Lord the more amazed I am by His perfect love, kindness, forgiveness and mercy!
Unread 05-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #4857
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This one hit home for me....

...we have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:16

THE MIND OF CHRIST DOESN’T GROW OLD

“Oh dear, my memory is not as good as it used to be. I must be getting old.” Have you heard that before? Maybe you have even said it yourself a couple of times! But who says that as you grow older, you are supposed to forget things?

When the late Reverend Kenneth E Hagin was in his eighties, he was still healthy and strong. This amazing man of God would run around the platform as he preached. And those who have heard him preach would tell you that he had an amazing memory with which he could recall specific details such as the day of the week that a specific date fell on and even the time. Even at that age, the man’s memory was superb!

He once shared how he had started to forget things when he was in his fifties. He had read a medical journal which said that every day millions of cells in our brains die. He didn’t realize it, but those words got into his spirit and he started to forget things.

So he asked the Lord, “What is happening to me?” And the Lord said, “You read that article and you believed it.” He repented and asked the Lord what he should do. The Lord said, “Confess My Word. My Word says that you have the mind of Christ, and the mind of Christ never forgets.” He started to confess that he had the mind of Christ and that was how his memory remained sharp for the rest of his life.

My friend, the Word of God says that you have the mind of Christ. The mind of Christ is not old, slow or forgetful! I don’t care how old you get. You don’t have to become forgetful. Don’t believe and confess what medical science or your friends say. Believe and confess the Word of God which brings life.

The power of life and death is in your tongue. (Proverbs 18:21) So use your tongue for life. Don’t sit around saying, “I am getting old and forgetful.” Say, “I have the mind of Christ. My mind is sharp and quick because it is the mind of Christ!” Believe it, confess it, and see your thinking and memory live up to it.
Stamping Servant, smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Unread 05-08-2017, 08:22 AM   #4858
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."
— Emerson
Stamping Servant and muscrat like this post.
Unread 05-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #4859
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

…the priest shall bring it all and burn it on the altar; it is a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, a sweet aroma to the Lord.
Leviticus 1:13

JESUS IS YOUR SWEET AROMA TO GOD

In Old Testament times, when a burnt offering is killed, its head is severed, the fat removed, and the entrails and legs washed. Then, everything is placed on an altar and burnt, and the sacrifice is a sweet aroma to God.

All this speaks of the death of Jesus, who has “given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma”. (Ephesians 5:2)

The head of the sacrificed animal speaks of the mind of Christ offered as a covering for our minds. This means that although our minds are often clouded with unbelief, worries, foolishness, filth and human reasoning, God treats us as if we have the mind of Christ, without wrong or displeasing thoughts, bringing pleasure to Him like a sweet aroma.

The fat of the animal speaks of the riches of Christ, His best, for God equates the fat of something with the best of that entity. (Genesis 45:1 The fat of the burnt sacrifice speaks of Jesus giving us His riches, His best, as our covering. So God does not see us in our lack, but in the riches and excellence of Jesus going up to Him as a sweet aroma.

The entrails or intestines speak of Jesus’ motivations, feelings, affections and desires. We often feel fearful, anxious, stressed out or angry (and it affects our stomach and intestines). But God sees only Jesus’ feelings and desires, which are always pure, beautiful and acceptable to Him—a sweet aroma.

The legs refer to Jesus’ perfect walk—His power to serve and obey the Father—imputed to our weak and faltering walk. And the fact they are washed shows that even our crooked walk has been cleansed.

Beloved, God does not see your foolish mind, weak nature, inadequate feelings or faulty walk. Instead, He sees you in the perfection of His Son, who gave Himself up for you as a sweet-smelling sacrifice to God.
Unread 05-10-2017, 07:22 AM   #4860
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I write to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.
1 John 2:12

Receive The Provision Of Forgiveness Daily

Many people think that forgiveness is a basic teaching, that it is something you learn when you are a new believer and then you progress to more “complex” truths in God’s Word.

My friend, I submit to you that there is nothing basic about having a deep and abiding revelation of forgiveness. In fact, I believe that if you want to live the Christ-life and walk in the fullness of His divine provision, you need to meditate on His forgiveness daily. Personally, that is what I endeavor to do every single day when I partake of the Holy Communion in the privacy of my study.

I take the bread in my hand and thank Jesus for His provision of health, healing and wholeness for me. Then, I hold up the cup and thank my Savior for the provision of His blood that washes away all my sins and makes me righteous! Beloved, look to the cross and see how He has made possible every provision you need!
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #4861
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you.
Deuteronomy 28:10

YOU ARE A BLESSING GOING SOMEWHERE TO HAPPEN

Today, we are called by the name of Christ—Christ-ians. Therefore, the blessing of Deuteronomy 28:10, which says, “Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord” is no longer just a promise but reality!

The second part of the verse—“and they shall be afraid of you”—is also true for you. People will respect you. Your boss will favor you and even your competitors will esteem you highly. They know that there is something special about you because good things happen when you are around!

I experienced this blessing when I first started working. I worked in a small third-floor office which constantly smelled of salted fish because there was a salted fish stall on the ground floor. It was in that small, dingy office that I kept on confessing that I was blessed by the Lord, and I experienced divine favor with my clients. My boss could see that there was something different about me.

The company’s business flourished and before long, we moved out of that small office to a building which in the mid-eighties was considered an information technology hub. There, we occupied a couple of offices, and started specializing in computer software and courses. Soon, we occupied the entire floor! That was how much God was prospering us.

God was also blessing me tremendously. I was drawing a very good monthly income, enjoying the favor of my boss and was in his inner circle. A few years later, I decided to go into full-time ministry. When I broke the news to my boss, he cried. I never knew how much I meant to him until then. It was only then that I realized what a blessing I had been to him by the grace of God.

Beloved, because you are also called by the name of the Lord, wherever you go, you are a blessing. His blessing is on you. The people around you will look at you and know that you are a blessing going somewhere to happen!
Unread 05-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #4862
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

…He [God] made us accepted in the Beloved.
Ephesians 1:6

GOD IS WELL PLEASED WITH YOU, HIS BELOVED

Studies have shown that in the heart of every child is a cry for his father’s approval. Something happens when a father says to his boy, “Daddy is so proud of you.” Or when a father says to his girl, “You will always be Daddy’s favorite girl.”

You can catch such a similar special moment in the Bible when God the Father displayed His approval of His Son—“This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17) The Bible shows us that Jesus’ ministry began with the approval of the Father, even before He had performed any miracle.

Now, you may think that God would naturally say that of Jesus, but not of us. My friend, the truth is that Jesus came for us and as us. He died for us and as us. He received the approval of the Father for us and as us. He came as our representative. And if that is not enough, God tells us in His Word that we are “accepted in the Beloved”!

Why did God specifically say “accepted in the Beloved” and not simply “accepted in Christ”? I believe that it is because He is calling to our remembrance what had happened at the Jordan river where He said, “This is My Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” God wants us to know that we are His beloved and that He is well pleased with us.

God sees us as His beloved because He has made us accepted in the Beloved. He wants us to wake up every day knowing that we are His beloved, unconditionally loved and wholly approved.

The more we know how much we are loved and treasured by God, the more we can expect good things to happen in our lives. We can expect to be healthy and whole. When we realize that we are the objects of God’s love, instead of becoming easily frightened or threatened by anything or anyone, we become confident that we will win every fight of life.

That, my friend, is how your heavenly Father wants you to live. So live life today confident that you are God’s beloved!
Unread 05-13-2017, 07:40 AM   #4863
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Wife of Noble Character
Proverbs 10-31

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Unread 05-14-2017, 06:46 AM   #4864
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14
Attached Thumbnails
c_whdrjvwaaysey.jpg  
Stamping Servant and muscrat like this post.
Unread 05-14-2017, 07:46 AM   #4865
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you Caterina .... have a blessed Mother's Day!!!
Unread 05-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #4866
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

...The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
James 5:16, NLT

Your Prayers Produce Wonderful Results

When Jesus was crucified on the cross, not only did He wash away all your sins with His precious blood, but He also gave you His very own righteousness as a gift.

Do you know that you can never lose this righteousness? Your righteousness is a gift from Jesus because it is entirely dependent on His perfect performance and His perfect obedience, not yours.

So my friend, because you are forever righteous in Christ, God hears your prayers every time you pray. Apostle James tells us that the earnest prayer of a righteous man—that’s YOU—“produces wonderful results”. Not just plain results, but wonderful results!

What provision do you need today, righteous one? Favor for an interview, wisdom to clear your debts, healing for your children? As a righteous man or woman of God, boldly ask Jesus for what you need in prayer and expect to see wonderful results!
Unread 05-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #4867
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Ten Things A Mom Doesn't Want To Hear

1. I swallowed a goldfish.

2. Your lipstick works better than crayons.

3. Does grape juice leave a stain???

4. The principal called...

5. But DAD says that word all the time.

6. What's it cost to fix a window???

7. Has anyone seen my earthworms???

8. I painted your shoes pretty, huh Mommy?

9. The dog doesn't like dressing up in your clothes.

10. I'm moving out. (Well, maybe some days.)
smileyj and muscrat like this post.
Unread 05-17-2017, 07:35 AM   #4868
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

Come Boldly!

God has made you righteous through the cross of Jesus so that you can always come boldly into His presence and find a throne of grace—not judgment.

Whether you’re believing God for healing in your body or for some other provision, you need to know that God has made you righteous in His sight. Why? It’s so that you can take up His invitation to come boldly, always expecting “to obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need”, for the littlest to the most debilitating symptom in your body.

Today, come boldly to the One who loves you passionately and unconditionally. Come boldly to the One who knows every symptom in your body and who has the healing you need. He waits eagerly for you to draw boldly from His mercy and grace!
Unread 05-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #4869
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all.
2 Thessalonians 3:16

Jesus—The Prince Of Peace

No matter what challenge, crisis or circumstance you are faced with today, allow His provision of peace to flow in and through you. Jesus is the Prince of Peace. He came to bring you peace, to anchor and to establish your heart even through the most turbulent of times.

No matter how boisterous the storm appears, how high the unemployment rates are or how low the world economy crashes, allow His peace to reign supreme in your heart and mind. It’s a peace that surpasses all human understanding, and it provides you safety, soundness of mind, stability and even sweet sleep.

How can you let your heart not be troubled nor afraid? By receiving a fresh dose of perfect peace directly from the Prince of Peace today. Turn your cares into prayers, knowing that the Lord of peace Himself is in you, with you and for you. His robust peace will bring you safely through every storm!
Unread 05-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #4870
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Caterina! I need to remember to turn my cares into prayers!
Stamping Servant and caterinafmig like this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 07:18 AM   #4871
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Thanks Caterina! I need to remember to turn my cares into prayers!
Me, too!
Unread 05-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #4872
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

‘No grain offering which you bring to the Lord shall be made with leaven, for you shall burn no leaven nor any honey in any offering to the Lord made by fire.
Leviticus 2:11

MOVED BY THE SPIRIT, NOT HUMAN HONEY

Imagine yourself walking past the prodigal son sitting in the pigpen. (Luke 15:11–24) You look at him and see him salivating for the pigs’ food. Believing that it is good to show kindness, you give him money to buy food for himself.

That is human kindness which says, “I am a Christian. I should be kind, good and forgiving.” Such human sweetness or kindness may be likened to honey. Interestingly, while we elevate it, God tells His people not to bring Him a grain offering with honey in it.

The grain offering speaks of Jesus’ life on earth. Not mixing honey in the grain offering speaks of how the compassion and goodness we see in Jesus during His earthly ministry were all divine. There was no “honey” of human goodness that is tainted with human weakness.

In retrospect, the worst thing one could do for the prodigal son was to give him money when he was in the pigpen. Not only would he not have gone home, but what the Lord was doing in his heart would also have been spoiled. This is what happens when we go by the goodness of our human hearts instead of the goodness of God in our hearts, which is directed by His love, wisdom and perfect timing.

My friend, God does not want you to be moved by what you see but by His Spirit. There were many needy folks surrounding Jesus during His time on earth. But He did not heal every sick person around Him, feed every hungry stomach he passed or raise all who were dead. Isaiah 11:2–3 tells us that the Lord was not moved by what He saw or heard. He was moved only by the Spirit.

You too have the Spirit in you. (1 Corinthians 3:16) Be moved by Him. Follow the peace that He puts within your spirit to do or refrain from doing something. That peace is the peace of God. Acting on that peace will cause God to be exalted, and His divine goodness and kindness to really be a blessing to you and others!
smileyj likes this post.
Unread 05-20-2017, 05:09 AM   #4873
Stazon Splitcoast

Daily Prayer for May 20, 2017
Armed Forces Day

Lord, I pray that I never take my freedom for granted. May I always remember that it was purchased at a very high price. It cost others their very lives. Lord, bless those who have served in the armed forces and those who continue to risk their lives so that we can be free. Meet their needs and watch over their families. Amen.

Scripture Readings: John 15:18-21

Joan
Stamping Servant and caterinafmig like this post.
Unread 05-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #4874
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
Colossians 2:1

WHICH IS EASIER TO SAY?

Let me ask you a question which Jesus asked the Pharisees: “Which is easier, to say [to the paralytic], ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk’?” (Luke 5:23)

In the context of ministering to a paralytic, saying “Your sins are forgiven” is probably easier. Why? Because you don’t need an outward manifestation to prove that his sins are forgiven. But when you tell him, “Rise up and walk,” he must rise up and walk, or you will look very foolish! So that makes saying “Your sins are forgiven” easier than saying “Rise up and walk”.

The truth is, what is seemingly more difficult for man in the natural is not so for God. With God, physical healing is clearly “easier” for Him than forgiveness of sins. The latter is the “harder” and greater miracle because it required God to deliver up His beloved Son to take on all our sins and shed His blood on the cross.

Yet, when faced with a loved one stricken with cancer, or when gripped by mounting debts after being jobless for a long time, we seem to find it harder to believe and say that God has already given us the breakthroughs we need, than to believe and say that our sins are forgiven. Saying that our sins are forgiven seems easier than saying that God has already given us the miraculous physical healing, supernatural financial breakthrough or divine favor at the next job interview.

But since God has done the “harder” and greater miracle of “having forgiven you all trespasses”, there is nothing He will not do for you! (Romans 8:32) In fact, if you think that there is something that God is withholding from you, you are implying that that something is greater than the forgiveness of sins which Jesus died to give you! But nothing can be greater than the perfect sacrifice of Jesus.

So hear the Lord telling you today, “Your sins have been forgiven you. You have perfect acceptance before God. Rise up and be healed! Rise up and walk in health, wisdom, favor, protection and wholeness!”
Unread 05-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #4875
Stazon Splitcoast

Allen Klein

Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.

Joan
caterinafmig and muscrat like this post.
Unread 05-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #4876
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

So David said to him, “Do not fear, for I will surely show you kindness for Jonathan your father’s sake, and will restore to you all the land of Saul your grandfather; and you shall eat bread at my table continually.”
2 Samuel 9:7

GOD WILL SURELY SHOW YOU KINDNESS

When the people in the palace heard that King Saul and his son Jonathan had died in battle, they panicked. Fearful that David was coming to seize the throne, and kill all the sons and grandsons of Saul, they ran for their lives. A nurse took Mephibosheth, Jonathan’s son, and ran. But as she fled, the five-year-old boy fell and became lame in both feet. (2 Samuel 4:4)

The poor boy would not have been crippled if they had known that David actually loved Jonathan and Saul, and would have looked after Jonathan’s son because he had made a covenant with Jonathan. (1 Samuel 18:3)

In this story, King Saul represents the human race. He is like Adam who sinned against God and forfeited all that God gave to man. He had the position, but not the power anymore because of sin. Jonathan, who came after Saul, represents Jesus, who came as a human. Jonathan was not like Saul—he was good, just as Jesus is not like Adam—Jesus is the perfect Man. David represents God. So Jonathan’s covenant with David speaks of Jesus’ covenant with God. Mephibosheth represents believers today who are “lame” in some way—sick, depressed, fearful, poor and so on.

Now, Mephibosheth became lame because of bad news that was based on a lie. Many believers today are suffering needlessly because they believe the wrong things about God. They think, “My sin has found me out! God is coming after me!”

Well, I have good news for all Mephibosheths: David is not after your life! When David looked for Mephibosheth, it was to show him kindness, to take care of him and restore to him the land that had belonged to Saul his grandfather.

Likewise, God is not out to get you. He knows all about your sins and still loves you. That is why He sent Jesus as the payment for your sins. And because of Jesus’ covenant with Him, He says to you, “Don’t be afraid, I will surely show you kindness. I will restore all to you and you shall always eat at My table!”
Unread 05-23-2017, 07:21 AM   #4877
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

...though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again...
Proverbs 24:16, NIV

You Can’t Keep A Man With God’s Favor Down

There are many times where the lowest points in your life are actually launching pads to God’s greatest promotion in your life. It was so for Joseph in the Bible!

If Joseph had not been betrayed by his brothers, he would not have been sold as a slave. If he had not been sold as a slave, he would not have been in Potiphar’s house. If he was not in Potiphar’s house, he would not have been thrown into an Egyptian prison meant specifically for the king’s prisoners. If he was not in that specific prison, he would not have interpreted the dreams of Pharaoh’s officers. If he had not interpreted their dreams, he would not have been summoned to interpret Pharaoh’s dream two years later. If he had not interpreted Pharaoh’s dream, Pharaoh would not have promoted Joseph to become his prime minister over the entire Egyptian empire!

God’s presence with Joseph and His unmerited favor caused Joseph to be promoted from the pit to the palace, from the dunghill to Capitol Hill, from the outhouse to the White House. So stop looking at your circumstances and stop allowing them to discourage you. The same Lord who was with Joseph is with you right now. You cannot fail! You can expect to see success beyond your present circumstances because of His unmerited favor!
Unread 05-24-2017, 07:53 AM   #4878
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Return to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope. Even today I declare that I will restore double to you.
Zechariah 9:12

Double For Your Trouble!

I am sure that you have heard the expression, “When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade!” Well, I want you to know that when the devil throws lemons at you, God Himself will make lemonade for you! After all, the Bible says that God works all things together for your good. Romans 8:28

And He does it with style — He restores double for your trouble! Beloved, if you have lost a husband or wife through divorce, or a precious child through death, God can restore double to you, so that you end up having more than before, if not in quantity, then in quality!

Consider Job in the Old Testament. When he lost everything, his wife told him to curse God and die. He refused and, instead, responded to God in faith, and “the Lord gave to Job twice as much as he had before”. Job 42:10

When David lost the child he had with Bathsheba, he stopped pleading and started worshiping God because he trusted in the mercies of God. Later, God blessed David and Bathsheba with another son named Solomon, who became the wisest and richest king the world has ever known.

Today, God promises to restore double for your trouble — “Even today I declare that I will restore double to you.” If He declared it, He will do it! So you cannot but have hope that things will be even better than before. That is why in the same verse, He calls you “prisoners of hope”. My friend, hope in the biblical sense means a confident expectation of good things happening in your life. You are a prisoner of that! You can’t help but wake up feeling hopeful. You can’t help but expect good things to happen to you!

So when trouble comes from the devil, don’t give up and say, “It is hopeless!” Don’t worry or get angry. Worship God like David did and see that trouble as an opportunity for God to bless you with more than what you originally had. And because God has declared it, be confident that you will get double for your trouble!
Unread 05-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #4879
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Philippians 2:13

Do What He Puts On Your Heart

God has made it so easy for us in the new covenant to be directed by His wisdom and love. We no longer have to run to prophets to find out His will for us. He Himself leads us! For those of you who want to serve the Lord, but don’t know where to start, just ask yourself what is in your heart. If you have a desire to work among children, then do so. As a new covenant believer, that’s how your Father leads you. He puts His laws in your mind and writes them on your heart!

Perhaps you feel a prompting to bless someone financially, even though the person looks prosperous. Follow that prompting because today, God speaks to you directly and He has made it easy for you to know His will through His promptings in your heart. We all know how looks can be deceiving. For example, many con artists believe that church folks are gullible. Therefore, they dress down with a well-rehearsed sob story so as to move you to give to them. On the other hand, there are noble people who dress up on Sundays to honor the occasion, but they may be in dire straits financially. Hence, we need to follow the promptings of our hearts and not the sight of our eyes.

So when you feel a desire to do something good for someone, do it, knowing that you have a brand-new heart that hears God, and that it is God who works in you both the willingness and the ability to do it!
Stamping Servant and smileyj like this post.
Unread 05-26-2017, 08:17 AM   #4880
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Time for a chuckle....

Rambunctious Threesome

My twins were born when my oldest boy was just 16 months old. When the twins became toddlers, my brood had grown into a rambunctious threesome, and I relied on my mother for advice and moral support.

One morning I phoned her to describe how one of the twins had decorated the living and dining room walls with colorful, indelible felt markers. "I'll have to paint everything," I wailed. "I'll never be able to scrub this off!"

Quietly, Mom said, "You used lipstick."
Stamping Servant, smileyj and muscrat like this post.