Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #3401
Swapper of the Month January 2013

thanks everyone keep the prayers coming, hopefully the drama will end soon, had a awesome church service this morning and lots of powerful prayers. just keep praying, things could change in a instant with this person.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #3402
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
thanks everyone keep the prayers coming, hopefully the drama will end soon, had a awesome church service this morning and lots of powerful prayers. just keep praying, things could change in a instant with this person.
He is able to do more than we could ever imagine! Praying for you today.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #3403

Kathy I appreciate it really need them and I must say I could feel a little different today.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #3404
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
prayers for me and my family right now, some horrible drama in my life right now and i just need prayers.

Sending much love, hugs and prayers. <3
Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #3405
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please pray for my sweet Tyler who made up to Maryland safely on Friday and will be having surgery early tomorrow morning at the University of Maryland. Was privileged to talk to Tyler and his grandmother yesterday. Tyler is truly awesome and hoping to see him and his family on Friday.

Thanks so much for praying for the amazing brave 11 year old.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #3406
Matboard Maniac

prayers have been going up all day for tyler and all.

today was a big event for husband edward,may not sound like much but he actually got into a shower today.he did good so another step forward.
br3n
Old 11-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #3407
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3n View Post
prayers have been going up all day for tyler and all.

today was a big event for husband edward,may not sound like much but he actually got into a shower today.he did good so another step forward.
br3n

Thanks so much for those prayers for sweet Tyler! Am eager to hear how the surgery is going.

Good news about your husband!!! PTL!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #3408

awesome for your Husband Edward. One day at a time.

Thanks ladies for the prayers we all need them during rough times and I am thankful I can come here and know that you guys will pray for me.

Praying for all you often.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #3409
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR SWEET TYLER

UPDATE ON TYLER

Monday, November 21, 2011 3:59 PM

TYLER WENT TO SURGERY AT SIX THIS MORNING AND ILL BE DONE AROUND 8 PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM HE IS GOING TO ICU

Things have changed. This is so hard on everyone and my poor Tyler. Going to try let you all know what’s going on. Tyler is in surgery now and will be around 10 to 12 hours. First, they are taking the rods from his leg, then the jaw surgery. He was not afraid. I bet he told me a hundred times he loved me yesterday. They are putting a spacer, something they made in his jaw and drafting skin, to help hold his face in place. They will have to cut him from one ear to almost the other side. Please, please pray for my Tyler.

They are not taking Dad’s bone at this time. This surgery is getting him ready for the next surgery. Yep, again in three months, they will be taking dad’s bone from his leg for Tyler’s jaw. All this is hard to explain. Something to do with a drug that Tyler will have to take that could cause him to get the cancer back. They are going to redo the Epstein-Bar test to see if he is positive yet, and if not, the are going to give him vaccine to make him positive.

We have no idea how long we are staying this time. All that changed. But we will be staying six to eight weeks when they do the bone transplant in three months. They are going to try give as low a dose as possible of this medication. Pray, pray for my Tyler.

Dr. Rodriguez bragged on me, telling me how proud he was of me for losing so much weight and gave me a big hug and kiss, telling me he’s never giving up on Tyler. He told me that Tyler and I are in his heart and told me he loved us. What a wonderful doctor. He said that when we get through the bone transplant, that he’s hoping Tyler wouldn’t need more surgeries for a few years.

Tyler’s Medicaid won’t pay for some medications. We already had to spend a lot for strong antibiotics he had to take before surgery because he had an upper respiratory infection when we got here. Now Ashley has it. Then Ashley had to go to the ER because she broke her toe and she had to have medication.
Dr. Rodriguez is calling the Greenville news and there will be an Update on Tyler, so watch for it. Someone save me a copy please.

If any of you want to donate to Tyler and our family, you can do it at pay Pal using my email at [email protected].

Or go to any SunTrust Bank and give my name, Darlene cox for Tyler Tucker. You can put it straight in to his account.

or here at tylertucker.Com

or mail
Tyler tucker c/o Darlene cox
Po box 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

All the money is used for Tyler’s care and know that you are helping to save his life. Please pray for us.

My phone is not working here in the hospital, should have stayed with Verizon. Will post more when Tyler’s out of surgery.

I am missing my baby Nathan at home and Jayden and Ethan!

Thanks so much for praying!!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #3410
Matboard Maniac

thanks for the update.hope the recovery is smooth.lifting all up in prayer
br3n
Old 11-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #3411

hope you all have a great THanksgiving praying for all of you
Old 11-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #3412
Proud Fan Club Member

DH's best friend has a tumor on his back. He is in the hospital for chemo tonight and will go home tomorrow.

My friend has stomach cancer. She's been fighting the good fight, but recently stopped the treatments. I think she knows something she isn't telling us. She grows weaker by the day. She is the most amazing person, knows her bible inside and out, is a great speaker...I just can't figure out why God would take her. She would be an awesome witness for Him. I know his ways are better and he knows more than I do, so I am trusting He is doing what is best for her. It's still hard to see her failing. I'm not ever sure she will make it to Christmas. Most of us are in denial, but I'm trying to wrap myself around it and prepare myself. I do believe in miracles, so I haven't given up yet. Just feeling gloomy about it tonight.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #3413

Kathy hugs and prayers for your friend, i hate to see other people suffering from this horrible disease
Old 11-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #3414
Gabfest Goddess

Praying for a miracle - and it is a season full of them! Praying for divine intervention and praising God for his Mercy, Grace and intervening on our behalf. Praying for her family and that every need they have will be met. Praying for restoration to her!

Love in Christ,
Michele
Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #3415
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for everyone's needs. May God send peace on this Thanksgiving Day!

"Friends are the sweet ingredient that will make your plans flourish." ~ The Daniel Plan Devotional
Joan
Old 11-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #3416
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you!!! Am so grateful to the Lord for all of you!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #3417
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Here is the latest on Tyler - Lord willing, will be visiting him tomorrow.

UPDATE
PRAYERS FOR TYTY PLEASE
THINGS HERE NOT GOOD

Tyler had a bad night. Tyler had some pain yesterday they tried to take the breathing tube out however he couldn't breathe on his own. After many tries, he finally did start to breath on his own, thank God.
They cut Tyler from one side of his ear almost to the other ear. They grafted skin fat from Tyler's leg and hip for to fill in his jaw. They also took the rods out of Tyler's leg where it was broken in the last operation. The only trouble is that all of this that he put into Tyler's jaw can not stay but has to come out. It is only a temporary fix and has to come back out. It cannot be left in over a year.

Dr. Rodriguez said he couldn't do the bone transplant because the medication Tyler would have to take after could cause Tyler to have cancer again. So before that surgery, Tyler has to be treated. They are running test today to try get Tyler's blood to read positive. They have to get a positive reading on Tyler's blood! Dr. Rodriguez said that he wants to do the bone transplant in three months. That was supposed to have been done yesterday.

Dr. Rodriguez said until everything is right, he would not take a chance on Tyler getting that cancer back and it killing him.

Please pray for us Tyler is at the University of Maryland Hospital, ICU, Children's floor. Our address here is RMD HOUSE, DARLENE COX, TYLER TUCKER, 2303 NORTH HOWARD STREET, BALTIMORE MD 21218, PHONE 410/366 4024, ROOM 211.

Most of all we need your prayers. The surgery Tyler had yesterday took 16 hours. Don't know how long he will be in ICU.

ANYONE THAT CAN DONATE PLEASE DO. If you don't want to send money, please send gift cards. Everyone that has donated, thank you! You are saving Tyler's life. Ashley got three little slices of turkey, mac and cheese and scoop of rice - it was almost nine dollars. Had to get a cab to get to store and it was fifteen dollars there, fifteen back. Also having to pay for some medication that Tyler and Ashley had to have that Medicaid wouldn't pay because its`out of state. It will pay for Tyler's meds as long as he is in the hospital. When he comes to the Ronald McDonald house, it wont pay for his medication. So yes, we need money.

I don't even know when its time how we will get Tyler home. I don't know if he can fly because of the flight jerking on land and take off. I'll have to rent a car maybe to get him home but will worry about that later. He is sure not going anywhere for a while.

Going to the hospital now, Ashley stayed last night. I will update more as soon as I get more information. If you live in Maryland, drop by and visit Tyler. Thank you all we love you. I sure am missing my little Nathan, Ethan and Jayden. Papa and Richie are taking really good care of them but it sure hurts to be away from my boys.

Pray, pray, pray for Tyler and our family.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #3418
Die Cut Diva

Wishing all God's richest blessings this Thanksgiving. Praying for all the needs mentioned here. May God especially provide for the needs of these precious families with children who are struggling with these health issues.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #3419
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share the following from Tyler's hometown newspaper.....

TYLERS SURGERY
Greenville News 11/27/2011

Boy undergoes 47th jaw surgery
Last-minute hitch prompts change in operation plans
By Liv Osby
Staff Writer [email protected]

It wasn’t the surgery they’d planned, but Ty*ler Tucker underwent another operation last week as part of the continuing efforts to repair his damaged jaw.

It was the 47th surgery for the 11-year-old Greenville County boy.

Tyler underwent his first surgery as a tod*dler in 2002 after being diagnosed with an ag*gressive cancer. Chemotherapy and radiation followed. The disease and treatments destroyed much of his jaw.

So once the cancer was in remission, doctors twice took bone from his legs to create a new jaw, but both attempts failed, leaving him in a lot of pain, as well as unable to speak or eat normally.

Then in August 2009, a titanium plate was implanted into Tyler’s remaining jaw bone to provide structural support, allowing him to eat and communicate better, and attend school.

But as he’s grown, his jaw has shifted, push*ing the plate sideways so that it nearly broke through the skin near his ear, causing more pain, and more trouble speaking and eating, too.

“The plate was fixing to come through his skin ... and something had to be done,” said his mom, Ashley Nance. “They couldn’t just leave him like that.”

To resolve the problem, doctors originally planned to take some bone from his mother’s leg to fashion him a new jaw, said Dr. Eduardo D. Rodriguez, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon and chief of plastic surgery at the University of Maryland Medical Center’s R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, where Tyler has been treated.

When she turned out not to be a match, though, Tyler’s father, Richie, was tested and found to be a match. So the plan was to take leg bone from him, Rodriguez said.

The operation, which was months in the planning, was scheduled. And the family made arrangements to travel to Maryland and stay at Ronald McDonald House for two months.

But just days before the surgery, it was discovered that Tyler’s dad has a common virus — Epstein-Barre virus, or EBV — that could cause Tyler to develop lymphoma because he must take immunosuppressive drugs after the surgery to prevent rejection of the donor bone, Rodriguez said.

Plan A was scrubbed.

“It was hard after all the planning. But in the end, it’s what’s best for Tyler,” Rodriguez said. “Patients who are going to be on immune suppression, and who are EBV-negative, have the potential of developing lymphoma. And the risk of him developing lymphoma was significant, especially with his past history of cancer. It would be horrible if he ended up developing lymphoma.”

But Tyler was suffering. Something had to be done.

So in a 12-hour operation Monday, Rodriguez’ team removed the old implant, which did push through the skin in the OR, he said. They then implanted another jaw bone fabricated of composite material and took a flap of tissue from Tyler’s left thigh and transferred it to his right cheek to provide coverage over the implant. Rodriguez and his team have volunteered their services for all the surgeries while the hospital accepts Medicaid. Because of his condition, Tyler is uninsurable, Nance said.

Once he’s healed, he should be able to eat again, Rodriguez said, and have less pain. “We reconstructed a replica of what it would look like with the leg bone,” he said. “I think he’ll be comfortable for quite some time, better than before.”

It’s hoped that the bone transplant surgery can be performed in several months, he said.

Nance said Tyler came through the surgery well. He will be in the hospital about a week and at Ronald McDonald House after that.

“They lined him back up and filled in that side of his face. And they opened his ear back up and everything,” she said. “But he’s really swollen. No matter how many surgeries they have, you don’t get used to seeing them like that.”

Rodriguez said if everything goes well, the family should be able to return to Greenville by Dec. 2.

And while he’s missing Thanksgiving, at least now he’ll be home for Christmas.

“He’s so tough. He’s a great kid,” said Rodriguez. “The thing that pleases me the most is he’s growing, getting taller. Our future is bright.”

Thank you for your prayers and please keep praying.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #3420
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for Tyler and his family as well as all people who struggle with diseases.
My SIL is dying from small cell carcinoma. She has a few months. My brother, her husband, died from the same cancer 5 years ago.

"Friends are the sweet ingredient that will make your plans flourish." ~ The Daniel Plan Devotional
Joan
Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #3421
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Praying for Tyler and his family as well as all people who struggle with diseases.
My SIL is dying from small cell carcinoma. She has a few months. My brother, her husband, died from the same cancer 5 years ago.

Thanks so much Joan. So very sorry about your SIL, may God be merciful.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #3422
Matboard Maniac

prayers going up!!
it has been an emotional time for me lately.i cannot be thankful enough for all the many blessings we have received.every time my husband hugs me i still cry and think about what i almost lost.my husband is still working hard to learn to walk without a walker but it is slow going.he never complains.me i whine about my leg and then look at him and shut my mouth.
br3n
Old 11-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #3423
Die Cut Diva

Default prayer request

Please pray for my little cousin, Mary Beth. She is six years old and just had a heart transplant on Wednesday. She is now experiencing complications due to being on the bypass machine for such a long time. Thanks in advance for your prayers!

The more we thank, the more we discover we have to be thankful for.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #3424
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla36301 View Post
Please pray for my little cousin, Mary Beth. She is six years old and just had a heart transplant on Wednesday. She is now experiencing complications due to being on the bypass machine for such a long time. Thanks in advance for your prayers!
Just prayed for Mary Beth. How young to have to go through all this. Praying that God will wrap his loving arms around her and keep her safe.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #3425
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the prayers. This is an update from Mary Beth's dad:

Status on Mary Beth:
Her condition is called 1) Choreoathetosis or 2) Post Pump Choreoathetosis. We were told it occured because she was on the pump for so long.
The good info.
We were told that we could that we could see some improvements within a couple of weeks, months or years. THey can not give us any idea on how much improvement we would see. She could recover only recover 10% or 100%.
The Bad Info.
25-30% of the kids that develop this never recover. So what we are seeing today could be all that we ever see.
At this moment she can not talk, grab things, smile at us, give us a hug or call me daddy.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #3426
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Lifting up sweet Mary Beth this morning, thanking God for this sweet precious child and during this special season asking for a full recovery and that she is home before Christmas and that she has a wonderful season. Thanking God for his miracles all year round - thanking him for what he is doing for this little girl that we can not yet see with our human eyes. Praying that whatever she needs God will send his people to help her and her family.

IJN, Amen
Old 11-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #3427
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Prayers for your SIL and for you and your family. Praying for a God's supernatural intervention on her behalf and praying for full recovery, healing and health to all of her cells. Thank you Jesus for all that you do for us! IJN, amen.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #3428
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers. This is an update from Mary Beth's dad:

Status on Mary Beth:
Her condition is called 1) Choreoathetosis or 2) Post Pump Choreoathetosis. We were told it occured because she was on the pump for so long.
The good info.
We were told that we could that we could see some improvements within a couple of weeks, months or years. THey can not give us any idea on how much improvement we would see. She could recover only recover 10% or 100%.
The Bad Info.
25-30% of the kids that develop this never recover. So what we are seeing today could be all that we ever see.
At this moment she can not talk, grab things, smile at us, give us a hug or call me daddy.

Lifting sweet precious Mary Beth up to the Lord, the awesome Great Physician who has complete total sovereignty over her very valuable life. Trusting God to post legions of angels over Mary Beth as He gives great wisdom and skills to all the medical staff to restore Mary Beth 100%. Please tell her dear daddy, the Lord is there showering grace, mercy, love, comfort and encouragement.

Isaiah 58:8
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

"An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children, He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others" - A. W. Tozer

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ *GOD LOVES YOU* ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #3429
Die Cut Diva

Default update on Mary Beth

Thank you so much for your prayers. Praise God! She is better. Here is the latest update from Mary Beth's mom:

Update on Mary Beth, today has been a much better day. She is more alert today, she is following things with her eyes and started watching some movies on tv. Her doctors are saying today that they do not believe that she has post pump chorea, we will be meeting with them in the morning to discuss this further. We are very encourged by what we are seeing today. She is trying so hard to talk, but it is very difficult for her. She appears to have control over the bottom of her body today, her arms are still shaking. We know that she can hear us, she was sitting up in the bed tonight with Dr Jefferey and he was showing her things on his phone and she was laughing with him, it was the sweetest sound I have heard in a very long time. I know that we will get our baby back, it is going to take time. It appears that Mary Beth may have had some type of stroke, just not sure at this time. We are hanging on what God can do, we have seen him work in the life of sweet Greer Underwood, another transplant patient that we have grown to love and we know that he can do the same thing for Mary Beth. Please continue to pray for us and for Mary Beth, I know that she does not understand all of this and we can tell that she wants so badly to get back to herself. Thank you, we love you all.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:55 AM   #3430
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Small world. I have already been praying for MaryBeth - another guy at the hospital - Austin - his mom and I are part of the same heart kids support group and FB friends and she asked us to pray for MaryBeth!

Small, small world!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #3431
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Carla, thanks so much for the update on Mary Beth. Trusting God for His continued watch care over her.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #3432
Gabfest Goddess

Asking for prayer for a young mom Kim, she is in a coma and they don't really know why yet and she has 3 young ones at home. Prayers for healing and restoration - my personal prayer she is home for Christmas, due to what Christ did on the cross for us all.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #3433
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood17 View Post
Asking for prayer for a young mom Kim, she is in a coma and they don't really know why yet and she has 3 young ones at home. Prayers for healing and restoration - my personal prayer she is home for Christmas, due to what Christ did on the cross for us all.

Michele, Lifting this sweet young mom and her three little ones up to the Lord, trusting Him for complete healing and to restore her to her children so they may celebrate the birth of Jesus!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #3434
Stazon Splitcoast

my brother had bypass surgery this morning in Florida. Please keep him in your prayers.
Praying for Marybeth, Kim, Tyler and all who needs God's loving touch.

Joan
Old 11-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #3435
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, hope your brother's surgery went well and the Lord will have him recover quickly!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #3436
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to give you an update on Tyler - hate that he has to make the long drive back to SC in his condition.

Latest Update for sweet Tyler

Hello,
Tyler is doing good. He sees Dr. Rodriguez tomorrow and if he says that
if Tyler is ok, we will go home on Friday. Tyler is really wanting to be home.
He is still on a lot of pain medication. We will take Tyler home and
try to make things normal for him.

He will get to spend Christmas with his brothers and Nathan.and we thank God for all the many blessings that he has given us. And for all of you that have prayed so hard for him .God hears your prayers.

Tyler's neck is still bleeding and he has to keep gauze on it. His neck
was cut two inches further than the last time. His legs is doing good however,
he cannot walk but I think he will in a few weeks.

Tyler said he misses his home bound teacher Mrs. Bright. We called her and Tyler talked to her. He loves Mrs. Bright. He also wanted to talk to Debby at Courage Kids. He wanted to tell her he loved her. She was so surprised, she loves TyTy so much.

He's such a trooper and Dr. Rodriguez said he was so proud of Tyer. He
says Tyler will have to have more surgery in about three months
but that he sees a bright future for Tyler. I hate that all the surgery
was not done now so Tyler could get a break but Dr. Rodriguez is doing what is best for Tyler.

He said this is a temporary fix and that the plastic fixture he put in can
not stay in Tyty's jaw. He said pray hard that if the bone from dad
works, Tyler may never need another surgery after the next one is done or at least not until Tyler is older.

Medicaid would not pay for Tyler's walker said that we had to pay
up front for one and we did finally get a wheel chair. We ended up
paying for Tyler's medication so we only could get what he had to have
until he gets back to SC where his medicaid will pay for it. They told
us at the hospital that they did not have a contract with SC Medicaid
for medication. Anyway it was taken care of.

We were spending thirty dollars a day at the hospital for dinner it
was really high cost here. We were using our Subway gift cards for
lunch. Ashley said she never wants to see a sub again. We are so grateful that people care about Tyler and our family and has helped us.

This nice lady Caterina and her husband broughr us dinner one night to
the hospital. She is from COLES Foundation and was so sweet and we loved
her visit. She also brought us a donation and ballons for Tyler. We sure thank her and are so grateful. We thank all of you for all your prayers love and support no matter what you did, we thank you.

Tyler has a long way to go so please keep him in your prayers.
We will be getting ready for the next surgery so we still need
donations and prayers.

If you would like to help Tyler and his family, please donate at tylertucker.com.or using my pay pal, [email protected] also you can send in mail. I promise you that all the money that goes in, is for him.

Tyler's account is for his medical care and trips to Maryland. These trips are really costly.

Tyler will have to come back to Maryland in three or four weeks for a
check up this is a long way but Dr. Rodriguez said he has to see Tyler
himself. Tyler will have a doctor in Greenville that will check him also but can
not treat Tyler.

We were not able to get a flight back home so papa has to drive all
the way here with Nathan and he will be driving us home. It took him
eleven hours to get here. We sure thank the Flights of Hope for getting us here.

We were told that Tyler's jaw had so much infection that if we had been
another day getting here he possibly could have died.

Also please pray for Tyler's buddy, Dylan Kirby. He is having jaw surgery
on the 15th of December at MUSC of Charleston. He is 16 and needs your
prayers.

I am doing great I walked up to the market place today and was not even
tired. Last time I walked I could not hardly breathe and was not able to
walk around the place after I got there. I still have a lot to lose but losing
seventy pounds sure has helped me. I have gone from a 4x to x large .
and I feel so much better.

Please hug your children - what if this was your child? I pray you
will never have to see your child go through what Tyler has gone through and it is not over.

So please pray pray pray.

Thank you all for all the prayers
--
FROGgin’ (F.R.O.G. – Fully Rely On God)

for

Tyler

[email protected]
Tyler Tucker c/o Darlene Cox
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
Old 11-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #3437
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to let you know that I had a glucose test and it went well - they were kind enough to let me lay down in one of their rooms instead of sitting out in the waiting room for three hours. For those who are not familiar, you have to fast from the night before, then they draw blood, give you a super sweet drink, then every hour they draw more blood. Will get the results hopefully soon.

Now for the 'eventful' news -- was home only a few minutes when I felt dizzy, then my heart starting pounding like it was going to come out of my chest, labored breathing, body began to shake and sweat was pouring and later cold chills/shaking... it was a little 'different' to say the least. Poor Reynold, he called the doctor who said to just give me candy bars and orange juice and if not better in an 1/2 hour, go to the ER. It finally settled down and I slept the rest of the afternoon. All is well then ends well.

Will give the doctor a call tomorrow to ask him what he thought caused all of this - have never had anything like it before.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #3438
Gallery Gazer

Years ago my daughter had one of those glucose tests she felt faint and woozie. Then we went to lunch and I thought she wasn't going to be able to eat and that I would have to have help carrying her out. It really does funny things to your body afterwards. Turned out she is hyperglycemic (?spelling) and she has to eat frequently to keep her blood sugars level. This test is no fun to go thru, that's for sure!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #3439
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Thought to let you know that I had a glucose test and it went well - they were kind enough to let me lay down in one of their rooms instead of sitting out in the waiting room for three hours. For those who are not familiar, you have to fast from the night before, then they draw blood, give you a super sweet drink, then every hour they draw more blood. Will get the results hopefully soon.

Now for the 'eventful' news -- was home only a few minutes when I felt dizzy, then my heart starting pounding like it was going to come out of my chest, labored breathing, body began to shake and sweat was pouring and later cold chills/shaking... it was a little 'different' to say the least. Poor Reynold, he called the doctor who said to just give me candy bars and orange juice and if not better in an 1/2 hour, go to the ER. It finally settled down and I slept the rest of the afternoon. All is well then ends well.

Will give the doctor a call tomorrow to ask him what he thought caused all of this - have never had anything like it before.
Wow! What a time you've had...will keep you in prayer and also praying that the results of the test are good.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #3440
Matboard Maniac

things have been hectic here but doing fairly well except for edwards bloodpressure.it is elevated so when the nurse comes the next time there may be changes.they think the pt nurse is pushing him too hard.but it could also be his meds,switching from the hospital meds back to his va meds has been difficult.i will be so glad after we go to the va so we can get guidance from them.the pt nurse has started working a little with edward with a cane but she wont let him go totally to it yet because his strength isnt built up enough yet but he does great with it except the hip swivels a little from weakness.she feels that will improve tho with time.

lifting up prayers for all the requests
br3n